The MMA thread

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Great to see Jones back. The Gus fight makes sense since DC is busy at the moment. Timing would be perfect for a 3rd DC fight (which DC would want as a final shot at Jones prior to retirement). The stars are lining up perfectly for this.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Great to see Jones back. The Gus fight makes sense since DC is busy at the moment. Timing would be perfect for a 3rd DC fight (which DC would want as a final shot at Jones prior to retirement). The stars are lining up perfectly for this.
Gotta disagree on this buddy, its shocking how the UFC and most combat sports let blatant cheats back in with open arms, the entire UFC hall of fame is PED abusers. Someone like DC would have a perfect record if not for Jones. His first win vs DC not comes into question etc... We all know what will happen, JJ will come back beat DC and down the line feck up again. It's kind of sad imho. Should be a lifetime ban. This is a sport where one guy can legit kill the other guy and allowing people 2nd 3rd chances for PED's is completely unfair imho.

Its a pity because his career to me and many now means just about as much as Royce Gracies or Ken Shamrocks... nothing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gotta disagree on this buddy, its shocking how the UFC and most combat sports let blatant cheats back in with open arms, the entire UFC hall of fame is PED abusers. Someone like DC would have a perfect record if not for Jones. His first win vs DC not comes into question etc... We all know what will happen, JJ will come back beat DC and down the line feck up again. It's kind of sad imho. Should be a lifetime ban. This is a sport where one guy can legit kill the other guy and allowing people 2nd 3rd chances for PED's is completely unfair imho.

Its a pity because his career to me and many now means just about as much as Royce Gracies or Ken Shamrocks... nothing.
Its not a big deal for me given that a good number of UFC fighters were probably sneaking in some sort of PED here and there over the years, so all things said, the field of play would've been relatively even for most participants.

As for Jones, I don't know anyone who thinks any of his victories were based on PED use. Irrespective of the drama, he is a complete fighter and probably the best ever.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its not a big deal for me given that a good number of UFC fighters were probably sneaking in some sort of PED here and there over the years, so all things said, the field of play would've been relatively even for most participants.

As for Jones, I don't know anyone who thinks any of his victories were based on PED use. Irrespective of the drama, he is a complete fighter and probably the best ever.
He's an animal and probably the best fighter ever imho, but it's tainted. I mean PED's or no PED's that kick was putting DC out imho but its always there hanging over him. I agree not just UFC but all sports are sneaking PED's etc.. but accusations are nothing without proof and Jones is one of the ones whose been caught. Fwiw my feelings on Canelo, Sharapova for example are exactly the same.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's an animal and probably the best fighter ever imho, but it's tainted. I mean PED's or no PED's that kick was putting DC out imho but its always there hanging over him. I agree not just UFC but all sports are sneaking PED's etc.. but accusations are nothing without proof and Jones is one of the ones whose been caught. Fwiw my feelings on Canelo, Sharapova for example are exactly the same.
True, although I don't harbor much in the way animosity towards Jones since MMA fighting is his livelihood and he does need to work at some point. The UFC on the other hand do bear some degree of responsibility since while Jones may not fight DC again right away - because DC is scheduled to fight Brock Lesnar, who showed up to his fight against Mark Hunt looking like he was juiced to the gills. They are more than happy to expedite Lesnar's return to the octagon for their own financial reasons without batting an eyelid to the idea that most WWE stars are likely marinating in regular PED use.

But at the end of the day I am an MMA fan and welcome Jones, GSP, Lesnar and anyone else back, as the UFC seem to be struggling keep their best fighters gainfully employed.

padr81

Supports
Man City
True, although I don't harbor much in the way animosity towards Jones since MMA fighting is his livelihood and he does need to work at some point. The UFC on the other hand do bear some degree of responsibility since while Jones may not fight DC again right away - because DC is scheduled to fight Brock Lesnar, who showed up to his fight against Mark Hunt looking like he was juiced to the gills. They are more than happy to expedite Lesnar's return to the octagon for their own financial reasons without batting an eyelid to the idea that most WWE stars are likely marinating in regular PED use.

But at the end of the day I am an MMA fan and welcome Jones, GSP, Lesnar and anyone else back, as the UFC seem to be struggling keep their best fighters gainfully employed.
Lesnar is another one. He shouldn't ever be allowed in the octagon again imho.
But I agree, they certainly level up the fighting standard and Jones in particular is great entertainment.

Dominos

If I'm following this right, Jones submitted 14 supplements for testing. None of them were found to be tainted...

In the final report, USADA say they don't believe he's purposely intended to take anything.

Have they given a reason they believe it was an accident, and what the source of the banned substance was?

I can kind of get them reducing his sentence for snitching. It sounds to me like part of the deal they've made is to pretend they believe he's innocent in exchange for the information.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If I'm following this right, Jones submitted 14 supplements for testing. None of them were found to be tainted...

In the final report, USADA say they don't believe he's purposely intended to take anything.

Have they given a reason they believe it was an accident, and what the source of the banned substance was?

I can kind of get them reducing his sentence for snitching. It sounds to me like part of the deal they've made is to pretend they believe he's innocent in exchange for the information.
I thought the ruling by the independent arbiter handling the case made a lot of sense when he said “the violation was not intended nor could it have enhanced his performance". That's the impression I got from the beginning.
-

Dominos

I thought the ruling by the independent arbiter handling the case made a lot of sense when he said “the violation was not intended nor could it have enhanced his performance". That's the impression I got from the beginning.
-
On what basis have they said this though? Have they identified the source of the banned substance? He submitted 14 supplements for testing, presumably hoping one of them would get him off, and none of them were found to be tainted.

Combine his testosterone levels pre-ufc182, hiding from usada under a cage for 8 hours, the first failed test, and the 2nd failed test, I can't believe anyone would seriously believe he wasn't juicing for his last fight.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
On what basis have they said this though? Have they identified the source of the banned substance? He submitted 14 supplements for testing, presumably hoping one of them would get him off, and none of them were found to be tainted.

Combine his testosterone levels pre-ufc182, hiding from usada under a cage for 8 hours, the first failed test, and the 2nd failed test, I can't believe anyone would seriously believe he wasn't juicing for his last fight.
I don't know, but I'm guessing the guy who is in charge of the arbitration case has access to far more information (including experts) than the average MMA journo commenting about it.

Jones himself, given his past drama, would be exceptionally thick to take something that wouldn't be in his system long enough to make a difference at a time when he was going to be extensively tested for PEDs. Doesn't add up.

Andersons Dietician

Connor probably out buying a coat made of Unicorn fur before he makes his entrance an hour later than intended. Better get a move on tho.

cyberman

Conor trying too hard, you can tell no fans has pissed him off.
Plus he's half cut lol