The MMA thread

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Man Jones is a beast, manhandled Bader on the ground

beardsleybob

I thought he'd need one more before a title shot, but Rashad's loss is his gain. He's such an innovator for someone so young, an experienced head in a dynamic body. All the makings of a legend. All depends on him though.

Leg-End

Well kinda dissapointed with this card so far, the first 2 shouldn't even have been on the main card, Jones was awesome and the Griffin/Franklin was underwhelming. All down to this one, but its a great one.

UBERScholes

That was just quality, have to hand it to him

beardsleybob

That was astonishing. I swore down that he was definitely going to win but I didn't expect it to be that quickly with something so unorthodox.

Wow!!!

beardsleybob

Anyone thinking that maybe Silva should move up divisions rather than down?

Shogun vs Silva would be epic, followed by Lyoto

UBERScholes

Anyone thinking that maybe Silva should move up divisions rather than down?

Shogun vs Silva would be epic, followed by Lyoto
Silva isn't moving down, I think if GSP beats Shields he'll be moving up to face Silva. I'm not a fan of GSP at all but I think he'd beat Silva handily tbh.

Would be better for Silva to move up to LHW, given how stacked that division is.

beardsleybob

Silva isn't moving down, I think if GSP beats Shields he'll be moving up to face Silva. I'm not a fan of GSP at all but I think he'd beat Silva handily tbh.

Would be better for Silva to move up to LHW, given how stacked that division is.
I can't see GSP beating Silva. I just don't think he's capable of knocking him out, whereas Silva is more than able to destroy him. I can only see GSP winning by decision. If Silva gets taken down then he will get to his feet eventually and there's only one winner there..

UBERScholes

I can't see GSP beating Silva. I just don't think he's capable of knocking him out, whereas Silva is more than able to destroy him. I can only see GSP winning by decision. If Silva gets taken down then he will get to his feet eventually and there's only one winner there..
Silva would get dominated for five rounds by GSP, who wouldn't be dumb enough to try standing with him. He'd just do exactly what Sonnen did, except GSP isn't notorious for getting subbed by anyone with BJJ and is a very high level grappler, as well as having some of the best wrestling in MMA. And I'd much prefer to see GSP getting taken apart by Silva.

Okami would have a great shot at Silva too. There's a reason they won't give him his shot and instead draft in a guy who hadn't fought in well over a year and only had two fights at middleweight in a different org, besides Okami not being the greatest sell

beardsleybob

Silva would get dominated for five rounds by GSP, who wouldn't be dumb enough to try standing with him. He'd just do exactly what Sonnen did, except GSP isn't notorious for getting subbed by anyone with BJJ and is a very high level grappler, as well as having some of the best wrestling in MMA. And I'd much prefer to see GSP getting taken apart by Silva.

Okami would have a great shot at Silva too. There's a reason they won't give him his shot and instead draft in a guy who hadn't fought in well over a year and only had two fights at middleweight in a different org, besides Okami not being the greatest sell
Silva was injured for the Sonnen fight, and as Ekeke pointed out Silva was looking for the sub to prove a point. If Silva wants it standing then he'll do a hell of a better job doing it then he did against Chael. And who's to say he'll even get a chance at GnP. Silva is known for his early finishes.

Can't see Okami getting a shot, like you said ther's much bigger draws and Silva won't be taking on all comers. He's at the point now where he can pick and choose who he fights unfortunately. but hey he's earned it

UBERScholes

Silva was injured for the Sonnen fight, and as Ekeke pointed out Silva was looking for the sub to prove a point. If Silva wants it standing then he'll do a hell of a better job doing it then he did against Chael. And who's to say he'll even get a chance at GnP. Silva is known for his early finishes.
I'm not convinced Silva can just neutralize an aggressive wrestler just because he feels like it, whether or not he's injured.

And it's not like GSP can't look after himself standing. Defensively he's tight, he'd be extremely cautious and unwilling to trade and Anderson's a counter puncher. GSP's too savvy and too diverse to fall into Silva's games, and Silva doesn't have the skill to stay out of GSP's. As always, GSP attacks his opponents biggest weakness, and what indication has there ever been that Silva could handle GSP's wrestling besides some explanations for how Sonnen utterly dominated him for the best part of 25 minutes? Hendo was beating Silva as well until he abandoned his wrestling and decided to start trading.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Anderson Silva's kick was straight out of a video game. Certainly worthy of a looping animated gif.