UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Fedor on saturday, bitches :drool: Beginning of the SF HW GP

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio Silva

Andrei Arlovski vs. Sergei Kharitonov

Shane Del Rosario vs. Lavar Johnson

Chad Griggs vs. Gianpiero Villante

Valentijn Overeem vs. Ray Sefo

Great card overall. Arlovski vs Sergei will be very interesting. Del Rosario and Villante are two great prospects and Valentijn vs Sefo is a total wildcard. Strikeforce have been awesome lately and this should be another top notch event.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Come to think of it, Vitor's complacency was fed by the lack of action in the first minute or so of the fight, where both fighters were seemingly walking around the octagon without doing anything and the crowd were beginning to get restless. He was lulled into a split second of inaction that cost him dearly.

Nucks

RT History Department
Silva walks around at 220~.

GSP walks around at 180ish.

GSP will get mauled imo, and I am not a Silva fan at all. I just think the size difference is simply too large.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

GSP will get mauled imo, and I am not a Silva fan at all. I just think the size difference is simply too large.
Whilst true I'm not sure the size difference will be as big a factor as you think due to their differing styles. I think if he gets him down then GSP will have the tools to damage him on the ground.

Speaking of size differences, look at Fedor in that pic above. Easily the smallest guy, yet probably still the favourite.

Anyway, pics for SF tomorrow -

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio Silva

Andrei Arlovski vs. Sergei Kharitonov

Shane Del Rosario vs. Lavar Johnson

Chad Griggs vs. Gianpiero Villante

Valentijn Overeem vs. Ray Sefo

nimic

something nice
Scout

The thing is though, GSP has already said that if he goes up (and it's looking very likely now that he will), he's going up for good. Which means he's going to take a long view on adding more muscle and gaining size. He'll still be smaller than Silva, obviously, and I think Silva will be the favourite no matter what, but it won't be as big a difference as you think.

Ekeke

I think if there's one man to take advantage of Silva's habits and weakness then its GSP regardless of size.

Silva takes a while to warm up in every fight, a minute or so of studying his opponent's timing and movement, if GSP can use his new jab to get inside and time his takedown like only he can, Silva is on the floor no doubt about it. GSP can end the fight from there.

Letting him escape the first round and starting the next one on the feet would be where the tide might start to turn. GSP has enough striking tools to stay safe and get Silva down early on. Then its all about GSP's control and JJ vs. Silva's jj from the bottom. And in that situation my money is on GSP.

If for some reason GSP cannot get in and get a takedown - like he's managed against pretty much everyone else, and the fight stays standing then sure, its Silva's fight.

UBERScholes

Silva is outstanding on the feet, questionable on the ground. In other words, GSP has his number.

Anyway my picks for tonight ...

Fedor
Arlovski (Tough one to call though, I just choose Arlovski because he has it all to prove)
Sefo
Villante
Del Rosario

Ekeke

I'll go with Fedor and Kharitonov.

I havent seen the fighters in the other fights before, at least to my recollection except Del Rosario and I dont remember it. So I'll stay out of that one as well.

beardsleybob

Good luck finding one mate,my pal is recording it for me and if you have no luck I will do you a copy of the disk.
God that's very kind of ya. but don't worry it's ok. It should be available to download as a torrent tomorrow anyway. Thanks for the offer though

Ekeke

ok quick change to my picks :D I am gonna call the chad whatshisname vs whoever fight. I saw chad vs lashley and he didnt look good. So I'll go with the other guy. Sorry if this is too technical to follow

Ekeke

Fantastic opening round from Silva, but he just has such a big chin. It just seems set up for Fedor to come from behind and lay one on his chin and then pound him out. Good fight though

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Feel sick to my stomach after seeing that. fecking horrible to see a legend coming to the end, especially one that carried himself as humbly as Fedor. Fedor being Fedor I'll always wonder if he could have pulled out the victory against the odds in the third round, but the referee made the right decision as his eye was absolutely grotesque.

Zen

Fedor got trashed.

He deserves this for fecking up the monster fight that should of been him vs Brock last year, then Cain just giving them both a beat down.

Dane White pwning retards on twitter was the best of the night tbh.

UBERScholes

Fedor got trashed.

He deserves this for fecking up the monster fight that should of been him vs Brock last year, then Cain just giving them both a beat down.

Dane White pwning retards on twitter was the best of the night tbh.
Holy shit that's retarded

Anyway, good show from Bigfoot, did exactly what he had to do. Fedor just couldn't handle the size, soon as Bigfoot mounted him I thought it was over but to Fedor's credit he survived.

Hope he doesn't retire

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Thats the end of Fedor.

Strikeforce cards have been entertaining but are they just putting on a whole bunch of mis matched fights for these exciting finishes? (not talking about the Fedor Fight) but all the rest on the card and in the previous 2 shows

Cheltenham Red

Never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down
God that's very kind of ya. but don't worry it's ok. It should be available to download as a torrent tomorrow anyway. Thanks for the offer though
you are welcome Bob,if you couldn't manage to get it let me know,great fight but sickening at the end to see Fedor's eye and probable end of a great era in heavyweight MMA

beardsleybob

you are welcome Bob,if you couldn't manage to get it let me know,great fight but sickening at the end to see Fedor's eye and probable end of a great era in heavyweight MMA
Just watched it there anyway. Thanks though. I had expexcted Fedor to win and hoped that Arlovski would. For some reason I was happy to see Fedor lose, purely to shut up a few people I know that were totally overrating him. I know he's a legend in the sport, but the fact is that he's not been challenged all that often recently yet they all made out like he was P4P top fighter at the moment.

Really sad to see Arlovski lose, I can't see Fedor retiring but this could be it for Arlovski. He's making basic mistakes all too often and getting caught on them. That's not good enough for UFC or Strikeforce. I would have liked to see him return to UFC in order to see him fight more often but that's never going to happen now. Be surprised if I see him compete again...

Zen

Holy shit that's retarded

Anyway, good show from Bigfoot, did exactly what he had to do. Fedor just couldn't handle the size, soon as Bigfoot mounted him I thought it was over but to Fedor's credit he survived.

Hope he doesn't retire
I know it's retarded, Brock vs Fedor would of done like 2 million buys and would of been a monster....but yeah, now it's long gone. GSP prolly lose as well now and us fans get robbed of the second superfight.....or you know, he won't.

UBERScholes

I know it's retarded, Brock vs Fedor would of done like 2 million buys and would of been a monster....but yeah, now it's long gone. GSP prolly lose as well now and us fans get robbed of the second superfight.....or you know, he won't.
Who cares about buys? And besides WWE gimps does anyone even care about Brock anymore? Overeem replaced Brock as Fedor's potential superfight when Brock started running away from punches.

And how did Fedor feck up a fight with Brock? Leaving aside all the reasons a move to the UFC never happened, he's contracted to a different organization. Only possible way that fight could've happened is if Dana sent Brock out to fight him, which he wouldn't do. Mainly because it makes no business sense, but also the last time he sent a marquee fighter out to another org he got handled.

As for Dana pwning retards on twitter, the guy's like a 40 year old bald fatass who writes like a 12 year old girl. How exactly can this man pwn anyone on twitter? That makes no sense

Zen

lol u mad?

Who cares about buys? Well anyone. No one outside of WWE gimps might not care about Brock NOW, but this time last year, he was the top draw, and still possibly could be even though Cain exposed him hugely. A fight with Fedor would of been a monster, I don't even know why you are questioning this, Fedor was in discussions with UFC before he signed the 3 fight contract with Strikeforce.

How exactly can this man pwn anyone on twitter?
Quite easily in fact since most MMA fans are retards and especially ones who randomly try it on with behind their computers.

beardsleybob

Who cares about buys? And besides WWE gimps does anyone even care about Brock anymore? Overeem replaced Brock as Fedor's potential superfight when Brock started running away from punches.

And how did Fedor feck up a fight with Brock? Leaving aside all the reasons a move to the UFC never happened, he's contracted to a different organization. Only possible way that fight could've happened is if Dana sent Brock out to fight him, which he wouldn't do. Mainly because it makes no business sense, but also the last time he sent a marquee fighter out to another org he got handled.

As for Dana pwning retards on twitter, the guy's like a 40 year old bald fatass who writes like a 12 year old girl. How exactly can this man pwn anyone on twitter? That makes no sense
I'm not familiar with this

Enlighten me please, it sounds interesting

UBERScholes

lol u mad?
Dana, is that you?

Who cares about buys? Well anyone. No one outside of WWE gimps might not care about Brock NOW, but this time last year, he was the top draw, and still possibly could be even though Cain exposed him hugely. A fight with Fedor would of been a monster, I don't even know why you are questioning this, Fedor was in discussions with UFC before he signed the 3 fight contract with Strikeforce.
I don't judge fights based on how much money they might generate. You must've been pissed that Brock vs Kimbo never happened

Quite easily in fact since most MMA fans are retards and especially ones who randomly try it on with behind their computers.
Care to pass on any gems from DW's twitter?

UBERScholes

I'm not familiar with this

Enlighten me please, it sounds interesting
He sent Liddell out to fight in a PRIDE MW GP and he ended up getting taken apart by Rampage. Dana bet Sakakibara (Pride president) $250,000 that Chuck would walk that GP and beat Wand in the process, but when Chuck lost he just ran off back to the States with his tail between his legs and never made good on the bet.