The MMA thread

Ekeke

It all goes to show what a complete disaster it would have been had the UFC signed him recently.

And okay, so we lost the chance of a Fedor Vs. Overeem fight but you saw him in there, he was losing in every aspect of the fight except toughness and refusing to tap.

Moving on from there and looking at the tournament objectively, the two best guys won their fights and neither of them were well known in the country before the tournament. Now a lot of people, myself included, are very excited about the next matches of Bigfoot Silva and Kheratonov(sp?) regardless of who wins the other fights, to face them. So for me the tournament has got off to a stormer.

Zen

Dana, is that you?

I don't judge fights based on how much money they might generate. You must've been pissed that Brock vs Kimbo never happened

Care to pass on any gems from DW's twitter?
Yes it is. Want my signature on a glove?

Huge fights are always destined to be letdowns, I got you there, but at the end of the day, huge fights bring great build ups and hype, Brock vs Fedor this time last last year would of been a real event for the MMA, GSP vs Silva will be big, but no way near as big as that would of been. I don't what Kimbo has to do with shit, that guy isn't Brock, Brocks a legit freakshow draw, Kimbos just a joke.

It's not exactly hard to find.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
And okay, so we lost the chance of a Fedor Vs. Overeem fight but you saw him in there, he was losing in every aspect of the fight except toughness and refusing to tap.
He won the first round, ended up getting mounted early on by a BJJ blackbelt with a 55lb weight advantage and couldn't get out from underneath him, ended up losing via doctor stoppage. Bigfoot did brilliantly the 2nd round but it's not like Fedor didn't show up

UBERScholes

Yes it is. Want my signature on a glove?
Only if it's from your boxercising days

Huge fights are always destined to be letdowns, I got you there, but at the end of the day, huge fights bring great build ups and hype, Brock vs Fedor this time last last year would of been a real event for the MMA, GSP vs Silva will be big, but no way near as big as that would of been. I don't what Kimbo has to do with shit, that guy isn't Brock, Brocks a legit freakshow draw, Kimbos just a joke.
Kimbo is a massive draw. By your own criteria, Brock vs Kimbo would be MMA's superfight. Remember Dana, this is why you brought Kimbo to the UFC despite taking the piss out of him all those years.

It's not exactly hard to find.
I know, I just want to see if you're actually willing to post examples of Dana White pwning retards on twitter. Because I'd think most people would find it kind of embarrassing.

beardsleybob

He won the first round, ended up getting mounted early on by a BJJ blackbelt with a 55lb weight advantage and couldn't get out from underneath him, ended up losing via doctor stoppage. Bigfoot did brilliantly the 2nd round but it's not like Fedor didn't show up
I can't agree with that, I think it was a split round, with Silva potentially taking it slightly. He controlled it against the cage and took him down. The fact Fedor bruises like a peach goes against him also

Zen

Kimbo's UFC debut barely did half of what any of UFCs involving Brock. In fact at this point 500k buys is distinctly average. Nice definition of "massive draw".

UBERScholes

Kimbo's UFC debut barely did half of what any of UFCs involving Brock. In fact at this point 500k buys is distinctly average. Nice definition of "massive draw".
He fought on a TUF finale card headlined by Schaub and Nelson, having done nothing in the TUF season leading up to it. This was after his loss to Petruzelli in EliteXC, a loss that effectively killed that whole organization

I should have said 'was' a massive draw tbf

Ekeke

Disagree, Silva caught him with the cleaner shots and easily. You dont expect that from Fedor but he was there to be hit on each exchange with counters. He wasnt setting up his power punching, he was just set waiting to launch it, threw with power, and then getting nailed.

Silva landed nice counter punches and some kicks as well, and he controlled the middle of the cage. He got a takedown and finished the round in an dominant position on top in half guard.

Fedor managed to attain top position on the ground, but only because Silva dropped to the floor. How do you score that? Its like when someone pulls guard. The other guy didnt do anything, how can you give them anything for it?

Other than that he had a kimura attempt which was defended easily and a guilotine defended even easier.

10-9 Silva all the way, 10-8 for the second round

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Having only been a fan for past 2 years. It is only the 3rd Fedor fight I have seen live (all Strikeforce). So I saw him struggle to beat Brett Rogers and lose convincingly to Silva and Werdum

I simply don’t know best, but by the looks of it his competition over the past few years really was not up to scratch. All the following were past their sell by date when he faced them; Arlovski, Sylvia, Lindland and Coleman. On top of these he faced a few nobodies .

So in the past 6-7 years his only notable victories (please correct me if I am wrong, my knowledge pre 2009 is purely based on various websites and YouTube) were Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cro-Cop.

Also one of his most famous wins was against Kevin Randleman. The suplex he survived is incredible. But Randleman doesn’t exactly have an outstanding record. And Fedor only barley defeated him. If in the unlikely event he went to UFC. Cain and JDS would destroy him. And you just wouldn’t know what his chances would be against the likes of Brock, Mir, Struve and Carwin. In fact it would probably destroy any legacy he has remaining if he did join the UFC (perhaps he already knew that).

UBERScholes

Disagree, Silva caught him with the cleaner shots and easily. You dont expect that from Fedor but he was there to be hit on each exchange with counters. He wasnt setting up his power punching, he was just set waiting to launch it, threw with power, and then getting nailed

Silva landed nice counter punches and some kicks as well, and he controlled the middle of the cage. He got a takedown and finished the round in an dominant position on top in half guard.

Fedor managed to attain top position on the ground, but only because Silva dropped to the floor. How do you score that? Its like when someone pulls guard. The other guy didnt do anything, how can you give them anything for it?

Other than that he had a kimura attempt which was defended easily and a guilotine defended even easier.

10-9 Silva all the way, 10-8 for the second round
It was definitely a close round, but Fedor landed more than Silva, who looked the classier fighter in boxing but was throwing jabs . 1-1 for takedowns, Fedor had more submission attempts and was the aggressive fighter. I gave it to Fedor, but I'm definitely not saying he won it handily. I wouldn't have been surprised if that late takedown from Silva decided the round for example but I think two judges scored it for Fedor and one for Bigfoot

10-8 for Silva the 2nd round for sure though

Ekeke

I cant stretch to agree to that.

Silva wasnt just landing jabs, have you rewatched the first round? Because Silva was landing straights and hook counters not just his jab. He landed cleanly more often, Fedor was throwing everything into his punches but only connected cleanly on a couple of shots. Most were clips and misses.

Silva spent the majority of the round dictating the fight holding the center of the cage and pushing Fedor onto the back foot. He got the only takedown. The subs were nothing for Silva to worry about as he defended them quickly and easily.

There's no way I can see a Fedor win of the first round. If I score the subs highly and the takedown and fight control as nothing, I can still only see a draw. Because Silva definitely got the better of the striking. I know thats shocking, I certainly wasnt expecting it but this wasnt the Fedor of old. He made lots of mistakes and thats why he was getting hit time and again.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I was surprised but not shocked that he lost. I drew attention to the massive size difference on the last page and mma being what it is, it's constantly evolving and the massive guys are bringing complete skill sets to the game now that maybe they didn't in times past. Not to mention the guy is 34 years old.

Listen he's had a great career and is definitely one of the mma greats. He deserves the utmost respect for the way he's carried himself and for the fights he's given the fans over the years. He doesn't owe a thing to anybody. DW's comments don't surprise me either, he's consistently shown himself to be a bit of a gobshite and embarassment to the organisation he purports to represent . He's obviously still butt hurt that he didn't get the opportunity to cash in on Fedor whilst he was at the top but he's only showing himself up by kicking a guy when he's down. Pathetic really.

Nucks

RT History Department
Just watched it there anyway. Thanks though. I had expexcted Fedor to win and hoped that Arlovski would. For some reason I was happy to see Fedor lose, purely to shut up a few people I know that were totally overrating him. I know he's a legend in the sport, but the fact is that he's not been challenged all that often recently yet they all made out like he was P4P top fighter at the moment.

Really sad to see Arlovski lose, I can't see Fedor retiring but this could be it for Arlovski. He's making basic mistakes all too often and getting caught on them. That's not good enough for UFC or Strikeforce. I would have liked to see him return to UFC in order to see him fight more often but that's never going to happen now. Be surprised if I see him compete again...
People were not overrating Fedor. He is still probably one of, if not the best P4P guys on the planet. Perhaps unrealistic expectations is all. Fedor has walked through pretty much everyone he has fought, but he hasn't fought a MONSTER like Big Foot who was well rounded, ever. BigFoot has a couple things going for him. An iron chin, 285+ pounds in the cage, top shelf BJJ, decent striking.

At fight time, you realize the weight difference between Fedor and BigFoot was about the same weight difference proportionately. between Anderson Silva at 185, and Frankie Edgar at 155.

Is Frankie Edgar overrated because Anderson Silva would be too much for him?

If Fedor dropped to an appropriate 205, there isn't a guy at 205 that could hang with him. Machida would get crushed. Shogun would get crushed.

Fedor is still great, but his days of dominating the new age of the HW division with what are essentially SUPER HEAVYWEIGHTS is over.

Nucks

RT History Department
It all goes to show what a complete disaster it would have been had the UFC signed him recently.

Moving on from there and looking at the tournament objectively, the two best guys won their fights and neither of them were well known in the country before the tournament. Now a lot of people, myself included, are very excited about the next matches of Bigfoot Silva and Kheratonov(sp?) regardless of who wins the other fights, to face them. So for me the tournament has got off to a stormer.
He won the first round. Just because Silva caught him a couple of times, and seemed unfazed by the dozen or so good shots Fedor landed didn't change that. Obviously it was closer than the second round, but many people, if not the majority had Fedor taking round 1.

Nucks

RT History Department
Having only been a fan for past 2 years. It is only the 3rd Fedor fight I have seen live (all Strikeforce). So I saw him struggle to beat Brett Rogers and lose convincingly to Silva and Werdum

I simply don’t know best, but by the looks of it his competition over the past few years really was not up to scratch. All the following were past their sell by date when he faced them; Arlovski, Sylvia, Lindland and Coleman. On top of these he faced a few nobodies .

So in the past 6-7 years his only notable victories (please correct me if I am wrong, my knowledge pre 2009 is purely based on various websites and YouTube) were Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cro-Cop.

Also one of his most famous wins was against Kevin Randleman. The suplex he survived is incredible. But Randleman doesn’t exactly have an outstanding record. And Fedor only barley defeated him. If in the unlikely event he went to UFC. Cain and JDS would destroy him. And you just wouldn’t know what his chances would be against the likes of Brock, Mir, Struve and Carwin. In fact it would probably destroy any legacy he has remaining if he did join the UFC (perhaps he already knew that).
Fedor didn't struggle with Brett, he threw him around quite easily which was pretty shocking considering the size difference. IF you don't know, Fedor has paper for skin. His nose opened up like a melon from basically nothing.

Fedor would beat Werdum 9x out of 10. He made a mistake and fell into his guard but Werdum doesn't have the chin or stand up to deal with Fedor. If they fight again Werdum would almost assuredly lose.

Big Foot is a different story. He comes into the ring at 285+ come fight. He has a granite chin. He has decent striking. He is a legit BJJ black belt.

Fedor gave up 55+ pounds in that fight against someone. What has happened isn't that Fedor isn't good. What has happened is the division has changed.

The UFC heavyweight division is also a joke. Brock has no chin. Cain isn't a giant and has a glass jaw. JDS isn't a giant either. Fedor would match up much more favorably in terms of size with the latter two. Cain being 244, JDS being 240 and Fedor being 230-235.

You could probably take 4 guys out of the SF GP who could and would beat all 3 of those guys.

Fedor, Horsemeateem, Sergei, Bigfoot.

Fedor would probably beat everyone in the GP himself with the exception of Bigfoot, and the 'reem. Those two guys just being WAY too big, and strong in the area of Fedors strength.

What you should probably realize, is Fedor COULD just about make middleweight. Anderson Silva is basically the same size as Fedor, what sets these two apart in terms of fighting weight is, Fedor likes icecream and donuts. Anderson starves himself down to about 200 pounds, and then water cuts the rest of the way to 185. Anderson walks around at about 220 and fights at 185. Fedor walks around and fights at about 230.

That is, for me at least, the key to what makes Fedor such a special fighter. He is NOT a natural heavy weight. He is a small LHW or an oversized middleweight that just doesn't give a shit about his weight.

Cheltenham Red

Never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down
Fedor didn't struggle with Brett, he threw him around quite easily which was pretty shocking considering the size difference. IF you don't know, Fedor has paper for skin. His nose opened up like a melon from basically nothing.

Fedor would beat Werdum 9x out of 10. He made a mistake and fell into his guard but Werdum doesn't have the chin or stand up to deal with Fedor. If they fight again Werdum would almost assuredly lose.

Big Foot is a different story. He comes into the ring at 285+ come fight. He has a granite chin. He has decent striking. He is a legit BJJ black belt.

Fedor gave up 55+ pounds in that fight against someone. What has happened isn't that Fedor isn't good. What has happened is the division has changed.

The UFC heavyweight division is also a joke. Brock has no chin. Cain isn't a giant and has a glass jaw. JDS isn't a giant either. Fedor would match up much more favorably in terms of size with the latter two. Cain being 244, JDS being 240 and Fedor being 230-235.

You could probably take 4 guys out of the SF GP who could and would beat all 3 of those guys.

Fedor would probably beat everyone in the GP himself with the exception of Bigfoot, and the 'reem. Those two guys just being WAY too big, and strong in the area of Fedors strength.

What you should probably realize, is Fedor COULD just about make middleweight. Anderson Silva is basically the same size as Fedor, what sets these two apart in terms of fighting weight is, Fedor likes icecream and donuts. Anderson starves himself down to about 200 pounds, and then water cuts the rest of the way to 185. Anderson walks around at about 220 and fights at 185. Fedor walks around and fights at about 230.

That is, for me at least, the key to what makes Fedor such a special fighter. He is NOT a natural heavy weight. He is a small LHW or an oversized middleweight that just doesn't give a shit about his weight.
What makes you say Velasquez has a glass jaw?

beardsleybob

People were not overrating Fedor. He is still probably one of, if not the best P4P guys on the planet. Perhaps unrealistic expectations is all. Fedor has walked through pretty much everyone he has fought, but he hasn't fought a MONSTER like Big Foot who was well rounded, ever. BigFoot has a couple things going for him. An iron chin, 285+ pounds in the cage, top shelf BJJ, decent striking.

At fight time, you realize the weight difference between Fedor and BigFoot was about the same weight difference proportionately. between Anderson Silva at 185, and Frankie Edgar at 155.

Is Frankie Edgar overrated because Anderson Silva would be too much for him?

If Fedor dropped to an appropriate 205, there isn't a guy at 205 that could hang with him. Machida would get crushed. Shogun would get crushed.

Fedor is still great, but his days of dominating the new age of the HW division with what are essentially SUPER HEAVYWEIGHTS is over.
What I meant by overrating was that my friends personally were lauding him as P4P #1 after the Werdum fight and the struggles against Arlovski and Rogers. I disagreed, and I believe I was right. Just arguing with some MMA "fans" that saw the Randleman fight and the Arlovski KO. Therefore he automatically thought he was the best fighter currently. which I think is bullshit.

I gotta agree there. I think UFC's HW division is scant of any real talent besides JDS and Cain.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
You guys do realise that despite improvisation during the performance that it is scripted don't you?

Nucks

RT History Department
What I meant by overrating was that my friends personally were lauding him as P4P #1 after the Werdum fight and the struggles against Arlovski and Rogers. I disagreed, and I believe I was right. Just arguing with some MMA "fans" that saw the Randleman fight and the Arlovski KO. Therefore he automatically thought he was the best fighter currently. which I think is bullshit.

I gotta agree there. I think UFC's HW division is scant of any real talent besides JDS and Cain.
I see Werdum as a fluke loss. Bigfoot not so much. I would have liked to see round 3 because I think Bigfoot would have had less in the tank, however, his eye was JACKED.

If you think Fedor struggled with Arlovski look at the numerous .gifs. Arlovski landed virtually nothing.

Ekeke

He won the first round. Just because Silva caught him a couple of times, and seemed unfazed by the dozen or so good shots Fedor landed didn't change that. Obviously it was closer than the second round, but many people, if not the majority had Fedor taking round 1.
Watch it again. Silva by no definition lost the striking in round one, he connected more often with clean strikes and at the end of the round had a flurry of unanswered shots. And he won everything else from control, to takedowns and ending the round on top. Fedor barely landed and those he did, all but a couple were clips.

Cheltenham Red

Kongo putting him on queer street 2 or 3 times from not exactly devastating shots.

Cain recovers very quickly but he has a button.
In the heavyweight division anyone can be knocked sick if caught clean due to the size of the guy throwing the punch but Velasquez has never lost so to claim he has a glass jaw is a little wide of the mark imho.

Watch the Kongo Velasquez fight again,I doubt many could take those puches from Kongo and carry on as normal :houllier:

Nucks

RT History Department
Watch it again. Silva by no definition lost the striking in round one, he connected more often with clean strikes and at the end of the round had a flurry of unanswered shots. And he won everything else from control, to takedowns and ending the round on top. Fedor barely landed and those he did, all but a couple were clips.
If I am not mistaken, 2 judges had Fedor winning round 1 10-9.

I'm not going to say you are a blind Fedor hater, but most people on the underground had Fedor winning round 1 as well. It was for the most part just the told you so Fedor haters who didn't.

Nucks

RT History Department
In the heavyweight division anyone can be knocked sick if caught clean due to the size of the guy throwing the punch but Velasquez has never lost so to claim he has a glass jaw is a little wide of the mark imho.

Watch the Kongo Velasquez fight again,I doubt many could take those puches from Kongo and carry on as normal :houllier:
The only HW I can think of who reacts in a similar fashion to those kind of shots is Arlovski.

Cain has not fought very much. It is still very young in his career. People thought Arlovski was the next coming as well, then his chin was exposed. It isn't like Arlovski had a chin, he never had one.

Cain has been fortunate to fight a bunch of guys, besides Kongo, who can't strike for shit, or are suffering from some sort of brain damage due to accumulated damage.

Cain has to rely on a swarming ground game to keep people from touching his button.

Cheltenham Red

The only HW I can think of who reacts in a similar fashion to those kind of shots is Arlovski.

Cain has not fought very much. It is still very young in his career. People thought Arlovski was the next coming as well, then his chin was exposed. It isn't like Arlovski had a chin, he never had one.

Cain has been fortunate to fight a bunch of guys, besides Kongo, who can't strike for shit, or are suffering from some sort of brain damage due to accumulated damage.

Cain has to rely on a swarming ground game to keep people from touching his button.
Nogueira and Lesnar can bang a bit Nucks,you don't seem to rate Velasquez much and thats fair enough but his record earns him a bit of respect I think.
It would be nice to see him in with the Strikeforce heavyweights though,who are undoubtedly much superior to the UFC lot at the moment.

Nucks

RT History Department
Nogueira and Lesnar can bang a bit Nucks,you don't seem to rate Velasquez much and thats fair enough but his record earns him a bit of respect I think.
It would be nice to see him in with the Strikeforce heavyweights though,who are undoubtedly much superior to the UFC lot at the moment.
Lesnar cannot strike.

Nogueira has brain damage and has been moving in slow-mo for 4 years or so. Once ya he had decent boxing, now he is just so slow he is very easy to find.

I just don't buy into hype until someone has a body of work against known quantities.

What is the hype on Cain based on right now? Beating Brock Lesnar? Nobody thinks Brock was legit now. So Cain is great now because he beat someone who wasn't great?

Give him 20+ fights with a few big fights versus legit opponents whom have enough fights themselves to answer all the questions you can ask of them and I will buy into it ;p

Ekeke

If I am not mistaken, 2 judges had Fedor winning round 1 10-9.

I'm not going to say you are a blind Fedor hater, but most people on the underground had Fedor winning round 1 as well. It was for the most part just the told you so Fedor haters who didn't.
I dont care what they have to say : but put forth your own argument well and I'll listen. Watch the fight again and tell me how Fedor wins round 1, because its just not there when I watch it. I've told you exactly why and you arent providing anything to disagree with it.

Just "The judges scored it like this" which is about as bad an argument as you can get in mma. The judging is terrible.

Cheltenham Red

Lesnar cannot strike.

Nogueira has brain damage and has been moving in slow-mo for 4 years or so. Once ya he had decent boxing, now he is just so slow he is very easy to find.

I just don't buy into hype until someone has a body of work against known quantities.

What is the hype on Cain based on right now? Beating Brock Lesnar? Nobody thinks Brock was legit now. So Cain is great now because he beat someone who wasn't great?

Give him 20+ fights with a few big fights versus legit opponents whom have enough fights themselves to answer all the questions you can ask of them and I will buy into it ;p
Fair enough,I see where you are coming from,I think Velasquez is the real deal but agree he has not been tested too much.Trouble is UFC heavyweight division is quite weak and as I said it would be nice to see Cain up against the Srikeforce guys.

Nucks

RT History Department
I dont care what they have to say : but put forth your own argument well and I'll listen. Watch the fight again and tell me how Fedor wins round 1, because its just not there when I watch it. I've told you exactly why and you arent providing anything to disagree with it.

Just "The judges scored it like this" which is about as bad an argument as you can get in mma. The judging is terrible.
I believe I already stated why Fedor won round 1. You said basically "you're wrong".

So I stated most people seem to think Fedor won round 1. You just said again "you're wrong".

I guess everyone else is wrong.

Ekeke

I believe I already stated why Fedor won round 1. You said basically "you're wrong".

So I stated most people seem to think Fedor won round 1. You just said again "you're wrong".

I guess everyone else is wrong.
Wow. You dont get things do you

Try being a bit more specific than "he won round 1" and "the judges said so" like I was, detailing all the events of the first round and why Silva came out on top. Thats if you actually watched the thing

Nucks

RT History Department
Ok, since this wasn't clear enough for you Ekeke.

Fedor was the aggressor for most of the round.

Fedor landed more strikes standing in the first round. He landed more power strikes in the first round. He landed more kicks in the first round. He landed more strikes on the ground.

Of the three take down attempts Silva made. One was successful. One was partially successful but resulted in Fedor scrambling and reversing it to top control. One was a failure.

Fedor also attempted a submission.

So you subscribe to the "point wrestling" school of MMA.

Awesome.

In summation. Just because Silva caught him a couple of times, and seemed unfazed by the dozen or so good shots Fedor landed didn't change the outcome of the round. Fedor won it.

Ekeke

Fedor clipped him more, his looping swings barely ever hit clean. You can count 2 or 3 that were clean. And despite that, his clips only meant he had contact 28 times to Silva's 25 in terms of power punching.

Silva landed straights, which are more powerful than looping punches. And a lot more of these were clean contact instead of clips with minimal damage. He landed more combinations (including a really nice flurry of 4 or 5 strikes at the end of the round that Fedor had no answer to) and cleaner, crisper strikes and only lost out if you go by counting each punch - which doesnt consider damage done or technique which both go to Silva

You can base your entire argument around compustrike numbers if you want, but you'd be the one subscribing to point scoring instead of judging the fight on the actual aspects its supposed to be judged on.

Silva pushed the action throughout the first round. He landed cleaner, crisper, strikes. He landed more combinations, he got 2 more takedowns and ended the round on top, and nothing Fedor tried had any affect whatsoever. Had he have landed clean on more than a couple of his power strikes while he was head hunting, sure that could have ended the fight quickly. But all he could manage were clips

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Seriously guys? Fedor got smashed, plain and simple. I don't really understand the debate.

Anyway, the UFC card tonight doesn't look particularly promising despite the best efforts of Rivera and Bisping to hype it up. I expect Fitch to grind out his usual 3 round points decision against BJ.

I might watch the BAMMA card instead. Daley is always worth the price of admission (bit naughty for missing weight again) and I'm interested to see how Ricco Rodriguez looks these days. Surely he's too much for James McSweeney?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Predictions -

Chris Camozzi vs. Kyle Noke - I know little about either. I will guess at Noke
Chris Lytle vs. Brian Ebersole - Lytle
George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver - Fight of the night contender. Sotiropoulos to win
Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera - Bisping by knockout
B.J. Penn vs. Jon Fitch - Will be a better than everyone thinks. Fitch will win

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Please. Fedor got clocked and then looked desperate and scared quite frankly. He tried finishing the fight with wild punches which when they connected, Silva took very well.

I have been a fan of Fedor for a long time but he got schooled and didn't even look like he harmed Silva apart from a flash of brilliance when he got the lock in towards the end of the first.