g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Modern Draft: R1 - Skizzo vs Snow

At players career peaks, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs

.............Team Skizzo ....................................................................................... Team Snow ............................................

Team Skizzo

The Team
Our team will be lining up in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Samir Handanovic will be our man between the sticks. The back four is made up of three members of the great Athletico Madrid defence which has been so stingy over the last few seasons. Diego Godin and Miranda form the central partnership, a partnership which has been able to shut out opposing teams, and score quite a few themselves with set pieces. Patrice Evra and Juanfran take the full back spots.

In Midfield we have two dynamic, industrious midfielders in Blaise Matuidi and Lassana Diarra. Diarra would be the deeper of the two, basically hounding players who get close to goal, winning the ball back, and looking to spring us forward quickly. Matuidi would be slightly more advanced, but when defending, he would drop deeper and operate in a similar role of winning the ball back and getting stuck into the opposition.

The front four is made up of a fluid unit, consisting of Raheem Sterling, Thomas Muller, David Silva, and Robert Lewandowski leading the line. The three attacking midfielders are all mobile, and will look to constantly be moving, causing a huge problem for the opposition. Lewandowski has been called the most complete forward in the World over the last few years, and he would thrive on the movement, passing, and ability of the men behind him.

Why we would win
Quite simply, because he wouldn't be able to stop us scoring. We have a huge goal threat from all of our front 4, and their movement would cause chaos amongst his defence. Sterling on the left side, with his pace and direct running, would mean Srna would need to be at his best. Sterling has given defenders all kinds of headaches with his speed. On the other side, Silva is playing as an inside forward, looking to cut in himself, or find passes to link up with the other attackers. This would play into his strength's against someone like Azpilicueta, who may have the physicality to try and keep him quiet, but Silva is an intelligent player and would find openings against him. Muller will be all over the place. He has the ability to switch with Silva, and cause a direct threat, can ghost into the box and get on the end of crosses and pull backs, or link up directly around the box. Muller also offers the work rate and tenacity to drop deeper and hound the opposition midfielders when on the ball. Lewandowski runs. A lot. With a central pairing of Garay and Badstuber, they won't be comfortable against the pace and movement (which we have in abundance) of our front four, and will struggle to stop our attackers finding space and openings to exploit. With Matuidi and Diarra, they offer enough protection and cover for Juanfran and Evra to occasionally push up and overload the flanks when the occasion arises, and have the pace to cause problems, and track back on defence. Hazard won't offer much in the way of protection for Azpi, which was a major issue when Chelsea faced Athletico which led to Juanfran causing all kinds of problems, and being the MOTM.

On the defensive side, we're set up well to stop his attacking threat. With Modric and Thiago, he will likely look to hold the ball, and spring Hazard and Cuadrado when possible. With Matuidi and Diarra, we have two combative midfielders who will be on them near constantly, looking to pressure them into a mistake, and springing our own team forward. While Snow has an extra man in midfield (not counting Muller who would drop deep) they aren't a physical presence and lack steel compared to the physical forces they'll be up against. Evra has the pace to deal with Cuadrado, and on the other side, Hazard has struggled against Juanfran when Chelsea met with Athletico, and had little to no impact against him. Adriano up against Godin and Miranda won't be able to bully them like he would hope.

Good luck Snow!

==============================================================

Team Snow

Goalkeeper: Lloris is a pretty cool guy. eh runs outside the box and doesn't afraid of anything. Because of the overall speed of my defenders and Lloris keen ability at coming out, my defense won't be sitting deep.

Defense:
Both my CBs are good on the ball. They will look to pass it short to the sides or to one of the midfielders, preferably Busquets who's about as good at linking up the defense with the attack as anyone in this game. Garay everyone remembers by being the answer to our defender problems. Instead he went for the money in Russia after a good spell with Benfica in Portugal and in the CL. Oh, and he was also one of the guys who were responsible for Argentina's defensive force last WC. Next to him is the ever so unlucky Badstuber. Only 20 years old where he became a starter for Bayern München and the German NT. Been injured for the past two years but when slightly fit he always slots right back into their first team like nothing happened.

The FBs will get to go forward when space allows it. Srna will have more freedom to do so as his partner on the wing is Cuadrado who's used to playing as a wing back. As captain for club and country since before any of us were born, this is a responsibility he's known to and comfortable with. Both him and Cuadrad will be tireless down the flank in attack and defense. Azpilicueta will be more passive going forward and he will choose his runs more carefully.

Midfield: Busquets is the link. Think of him when Barca destroyed United and all the other teams under Pep. That's him. You know him. Modric and Thiago, along with Busquets, are going to control the possession in midfield. It's something they've done their whole careers and at their peak they've mostly dominated. This will be no different. Modric is going to Modric and Thiago will have more freedom to dribble and bring the ball forward. If the midfield is tight, all the better. These three move around on a penny and that just means more space for Hazard and Cuadrado.

Hazard is most dangerous man for this team. Well, actually Adriano is because the other team will be so focused on Hazard. Hazard is like a neon sign to the moth defenders. They can't help but to flutter towards him but it never ends well. His role is fairly free. As such he won't go all over the place, he'll just have the freedom to do what he does past. I'm not putting any restrains on him.
Cuadrado will be more closer to the typical winger of the past. That doesn't mean he won't cut in. He does when the time calls for it.

Adriano: When you've got this guy you might as well just play like Barcelona now with him up front and a player on each side. Other players don't really have to attack. This guy, in his prime, was the dream striker. Like Drogba with pace and more power and better technique. He was unstoppable. So unstoppable in fact that despite his body trying to weigh him down and his mind riddling him with depression and alcoholism, he still managed to be the best player in Brazil. He took over Vieri's mantle at Inter and then passed it on to Zlatan.

His peak stats (2002-2006) with Parma and Inter:
151 games - 84 goals. In those seasons only 1 team managed to score more than 70 goals.

With Brazil:
35 games - 25 goals. Including being the best player in Copa America 2004.

Just for show I've got Diego on my bench. He recently helped out Átletico to a La Liga title but in his peak he was the Bundesliga's best player for 2 season running. The cliché midfield maestro applies to him.

Last edited:

MJJ

This is going to be hard, I love snow's midfield and think his attack just about edges it but skizzo defense is far better.

MDFC Manager

Two things:

Skizzo's attack is just superb
Snow's midfield is probably the best in the draft (not seen all the teams)

Annahnomoss

The average quality of team Skizzo is ridiculous, that defense is incredible and that continues through-out the entire team. However Adriano is pulling weight here as I rate him very highly and at his peak he was a one man army. Not sure I love the set up for Adriano in particular though, hard to imagine him in a team that dominates possession.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The average quality of team Skizzo is ridiculous, that defense is incredible and that continues through-out the entire team. However Adriano is pulling weight here as I rate him very highly and at his peak he was a one man army. Not sure I love the set up for Adriano in particular though, hard to imagine him in a team that dominates possession.
Skizzo has a strong team for sure but I don't think his midfield duo is anywhere near as good as Snow's, it is a weak midfield in the context of this entire competition let alone this match up. He makes up for it with that front 4 which is simply superb and a solid defence with great proven chemistry. Some midfield upgrades and he is definitely well set going forwards.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Two very good teams. Love Skizzo's attack and strong spine, I'd argue much of his team is final-ready. But Snow's midfield is exquisite and I can see his team flowing more smoothly than Skizzo's great defence and attack joined by Diarra and Matuidi.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Snow's midfield is excellent for the first round, there's a gulf in quality there. I probably prefer Snow's attack as well, as I don't rate Sterling too highly and prefer to see Silva central.

Skizzo's defence is very good though and clearly better.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I think Theon's nails it really. Also Skizzo looks like it could end up a little narrow as all the three in the 4-2-3-1 prefer playing more centrally. Snow will have more of the possession and I don't see a good way of Skizzo launching quick counters.

Heavily leaning towards Snow at the moment.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Tbf he's up against a terrific CB duo in Godin-Miranda and I can't see him having the best of games for this reason alone as that duo is top notch with the added benefit of the chemistry that they possess.

Skizzo has a strong team for sure but I don't think his midfield duo is anywhere near as good as Snow's, it is a weak midfield in the context of this entire competition let alone this match up. He makes up for it with that front 4 which is simply superb and a solid defence with great proven chemistry. Some midfield upgrades and he is definitely well set going forwards.
It's not the most fanciest of midfields I'd give you that, but I guess you can say they have straightforward supporting roles (2 solid and dynamic grafters providing the platform with their defensive fortitude and their decent passing ability) which they are well capable of carrying out.

I rate Matuidi very highly as well and he does tend to be underrated when he has been excellent and a top midfielder for quite some time now. IIRC, we were in for him last season and he's exactly the type of CM that we are lacking imo.

Two very good teams. Love Skizzo's attack and strong spine, I'd argue much of his team is final-ready. But Snow's midfield is exquisite and I can see his team flowing more smoothly than Skizzo's great defence and attack joined by Diarra and Matuidi.
Fair enough, that midfield is always going to be the more fluid one and is absolutely brimming with on the ball quality, no doubt. Snow clearly has that going for him. On the other hand, Diarra and Matuidi have the defensive nous, to form the defensive wall, in combination with the irrepressible stamina and dynamism to run all day long and the sheer physicality to disrupt his midfield. Couple this with Müller's pesky off the ball work, him making a nuisance of himself (esp for Biscuits) and Snow's midfield won't be enjoying this encounter or have the full freedom to assert themselves and thrive. I certainly believe his team on the whole is going to face much more resistance than what the likes of Silva, Müller, Sterling and Lewa are going to be facing here imho.

Snow's midfield is excellent for the first round, there's a gulf in quality there. I probably prefer Snow's attack as well, as I don't rate Sterling too highly and prefer to see Silva central.

Skizzo's defence is very good though and clearly better.
Silva has been excelling in that inside right role for City in the past few years and is equally at ease there as he is in the centre.

A fair portion of that compilation shows how sublime he is from the wider areas and the inside right channel.

All 3 of our attacking midfielders/forwards are capable of playing across that line behind the striker. It makes for a truly fluid and interchanging attack which is further enhanced by a complete striker in Lewa spearheading it.

Anyway our rationale behind playing Silva as the inside right and Müller as the SS was this.

Müller as the SS/AM to provide that tenacity, bite and directness in combination with the incisive runs through the middle, which would be a headache for Busquets all game long as he's not exactly a 'tracker'. Müller can also be the pesky probe off the ball and disrupt his midfield, something they surely won't enjoy as possession based players.

Silva in his trademark inside right role. Basically it doesn't play to Azpilicueta's strengths as a 1v1 defender, with Silva capable of mixing it up and outfoxing Azpi with his passing and movement instead of directly taking him on. Not that his dribbling isn't good enough to beat Azpi, it is and he has that option too. However, a more measured and intelligent approach is what's needed and preferred against Azpi (to have a better chance of success obviously, not that Azpi's reading of the game is poor by any means) and Silva's better than Müller and Sterling in this regard.

I think Theon's nails it really. Also Skizzo looks like it could end up a little narrow as all the three in the 4-2-3-1 prefer playing more centrally. Snow will have more of the possession and I don't see a good way of Skizzo launching quick counters.

Heavily leaning towards Snow at the moment.
We have 2 buccaneering WBs who love making forward runs without being reckless and they have more freedom here with two mobile defensive grafters covering for them.

Falcao :(

Also take a peek at the Silva vid above and Sterling's effective from wide areas as well, with his blistering pace and trickery allied with a keen eye for a pass. So I don't think we will struggle for width here tbh.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
It's true I neglected the full backs to some extent although I'm still not sure how he'll transition to achieve effective counter attacks.

Annahnomoss

Tbf he's up against a terrific CB duo in Godin-Miranda and I can't see him having the best of games for this reason alone as that duo is top notch with the added benefit of the chemistry that they possess.

It's not the most fanciest of midfields I'd give you that, but I guess you can say they have straightforward supporting roles (2 solid and dynamic grafters providing the platform with their defensive fortitude and their decent passing ability) which they are well capable of carrying out.

I rate Matuidi very highly as well and he does tend to be underrated when he has been excellent and a top midfielder for quite some time now. IIRC, we were in for him last season and he's exactly the type of CM that we are lacking imo.
Don't think many CB duo's could negate someone of Adriano's quality due to sheer ability alone, it is always going to be more about the team as a whole. If a top striker gets the balls and opportunities he prefers on a consistent basis it will lead to results with no exceptions. Here I think Adriano is countered more by his own team than Godin and Miranda, who are great individually and as a pairing though.

I rate Matuidi/Diarra highly, it is indeed a very competent and complementing midfield duo for that team with the energy they possess and that goes well with the obvious defensive strengths of Lewandowski, Muller, Silva and Sterling. 5 players who are all comfortable at harassing their opponents defensively and make it very difficult to play against them.

That said Busquets/Thiago/Modric has the ability to handle that type of football very well.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Silva has been excelling in that inside right role for City in the past few years and is equally at ease there as he is in the centre.
No need for the compilation man, I've seen enough of Silva for City, Valencia and Spain to know that he can play on the left or right wing. I disagree with you that he is equally effective there as he is in the middle. It's nothing personal for Silva as I feel the same way for the host of technical AM's who get played out wide, whether it's Mata, Ozil, Silva or whoever.

For me Silva is best centrally, as he can pick up the ball as much as possible and have the most passing options available to him. On the wing I think you lose some of his playmaking. He's still good there but I don't think that it is his best position.

Skizzo

Because of the overall speed of my defenders and Lloris keen ability at coming out, my defense won't be sitting deep.
Having your defence push up and leave a gap since your keeper likes to come out will leave some fantastic openings for my front 4. Sterling has bags of pace to get in behind, and Muller, Silva, and Lewandowski are all masters of finding space. They'd thrive with that kind of defensive line here.

Also, in regards to Adriano's peak stats of 84 in 151. Impressive goalscoring stats indeed...matched by our own forward, who brings a lot more in a set up that is more favourable to him.

2006–2008 Znicz Pruszków 32 (21)
2008–2010 Lech Poznań 58 (32)
2010–2014 Borussia Dortmund 131 (74)
2014– Bayern Munich 22 (11)

plus 23 in 66 games for Poland.

Hazard is like a neon sign to the moth defenders. They can't help but to flutter towards him but it never ends well
Which really applies to any of our front 4 as well. Only difference being that Hazard has struggled against Juanfran spectacularly already...to the point that Juanfran was named MOTM, and Mourinho was critical of Hazard's contribution.

There was nothing critical in what he said. When the comments come from a player like Eden it's normal because he's not the kind of player to sacrifice himself for the team. Normally you get these kind of comments from players like him, from players that can't resolve a problem like we had in the first goal.

Eden is the kind of player that is not so mentally ready to look back to his left-back and to leave his life for him. If you see the first goal of Atletico you completely understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal. The perfect team at the top level cannot make these kinds of mistakes.

Skizzo

No need for the compilation man, I've seen enough of Silva for City, Valencia and Spain to know that he can play on the left or right wing. I disagree with you that he is equally effective there as he is in the middle. It's nothing personal for Silva as I feel the same way for the host of technical AM's who get played out wide, whether it's Mata, Ozil, Silva or whoever.

For me Silva is best centrally, as he can pick up the ball as much as possible and have the most passing options available to him. On the wing I think you lose some of his playmaking. He's still good there but I don't think that it is his best position.
Agree that centrally he offers more, but Muller gives us what we need there in this game. Muller and Silva are both intelligent players, and Silva will look to drift centrally with Muller occupying space wide at times...but Muller is better equipped to deal with pressuring the opposition, and Silva will thrive out wide going 1 on 1 all game since Hazard won't be offering anything defensively on that side.

NM

Why is Thiago so highly rated? I see him ad "potential never fulfilled" due to injuries rather than a top midfielder.

Skizzo

It's true I neglected the full backs to some extent although I'm still not sure how he'll transition to achieve effective counter attacks.

Diarra, while no Beckham (Or Gerrard :p ) in terms of long expansive passing, is more than capable of playing passes in to the feet of forwards at varying ranges. Both him and Matuidi are tidy in possession, and will play a simple game. Evra and Juanfran are both capable of exploding forward when we win the ball back, and Hazard will offer nothing defensively (which has already been shown against Athletico and Juanfran) which will cause all kinds of problems on that side.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/05...is-juanfrans-far-post-runs-win-it-for-atleti/

Atletico Madrid did implement a similar tactic again to devastating effect. Atletico’s right-full back Juanfran was seen making runs in behind the Chelsea defence at the far post. One such run yielded the first goal, as the ball was played to Juanfran at the far post who pulled it back for Adrian to finish from close range. Atletico got their third through a similar play as well, another ball at the far post was put back into a dangerous area by Juanfran; Arda Turan’s initial header struck the post and the rebound fell in his path for an open goal.

Credit has to be given to Atletico’s midfielders and Juanfran (especially) for setting up these two crucial goals as besides this, Chelsea seemed quite assured defensively. But the home side should be criticised for failing to deal with this approach as both of Juanfran’s runs were unmarked and seemed to come out of a largely unthreatening situation. Hazard was also guilty at letting Adrian make a run for the first, while the entire Chelsea defence seemed to have shut off for the third.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Pretty much this. It's case of a great attack and defense with meh midfield vs great midfield, good attack and meh defense. In the end I can buy Skizzo's team absorbing all the pressure from Snow's team and hitting him on counter/

VivaJanuzaj

Why is Thiago so highly rated? I see him ad "potential never fulfilled" due to injuries rather than a top midfielder.
No bloody clue. He's being blown out of proportions here. He's a very talented and should get rated for it, but he's very inconsistent and can't be a part of a "monster midfield", even in this draft.

antohan

Genuine question. @Snow @antohan
Not the best in the trio, but given the other two you buy the unit and how it would play together. Stick him in other midfields and he would seem a passenger, but this is one where you would expect him to perform.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He fits the other two players well. He's a different midfielder than Modric. He's been capped 5 times for Spain, a midfield consisting of Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi, Cesc and more in their prime. Only played for the two best teams in the world. When fit, Pep plays him.

Snow

Alright, few things here.

The midfield competition isn't a competition. Like I set up to do, I control possession. Is the trio of an out of positioned Müller, out of positioned Silva and Sterling going to exploit counter attacks with those 30% that they will have the ball? Srna + Cuadrado against Evra and Hazard against Juanfran. That's not a contest either. With my midfield, Matuidi and Diarra (c'mon Diarra) are not going to help out the full backs a lot. Silva and Sterling certainly won't.

Powerhouse CBs against a powerhouse forward. It can go either way. They're a proven CB pair in a very defensive minded team. Here, they are not in very defensive minded team.

I will stop them from scoring because I will have the ball. His team isn't fast or clever enough on the break to utilize that.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I don't think @Skizzo's attacking midfield players are in their best positions.

edit: See Snow's already mentioned that above.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't make it sound like he's already retired :( . Potential not fulfilled yet. He'll show his true quality consistently the next 2 years playing for us, I'm sure of that. Never is such an awful word when describing the career of a 23year old.

Skizzo

Alright, few things here.

The midfield competition isn't a competition. Like I set up to do, I control possession. Is the trio of an out of positioned Müller, out of positioned Silva and Sterling going to exploit counter attacks with those 30% that they will have the ball? Srna + Cuadrado against Evra and Hazard against Juanfran. That's not a contest either. With my midfield, Matuidi and Diarra (c'mon Diarra) are not going to help out the full backs a lot. Silva and Sterling certainly won't.

Powerhouse CBs against a powerhouse forward. It can go either way. They're a proven CB pair in a very defensive minded team. Here, they are not in very defensive minded team.

I will stop them from scoring because I will have the ball. His team isn't fast or clever enough on the break to utilize that.
:lol:

Fantastic example of draft talk.

Muller can play anywhere across the front 3, here, he's played centrally to add a bit more "bite" to the midfield when necessary. He and Silva are intelligent players, and will be moving around to find space...which there will be plenty of since you're playing high.

Now you're mentioned you've just pushed Srna up field against Evra, which suddenly leaves Sterling wide open since apparently he's not tracking back. Wonderful.

Juanfran has already showed he can play against Hazard, since he was MOTM when Athletico met Chelsea, and Hazard was almost completely ineffectual.

My team isn't fast or clever enough on the break? Look at the front 4...Who isn't clever enough there to cause problems against Badstuber and Garay?

NoPace

I love Snow's midfield, but I think Badstuber, Garay and Srna would struggle with the counter attacks that would inevitably occur. Snow would dominate much of the game and Modric would probably be the best player out there (with Diarra trying to mark him and also forced to help double up on Hazard).

Skizzo, if you'd pick someone better than Diarra I think you've have walked this. Snow, I'd say Azpilicueta over a pacier CB now looks a mistake, as does Cuadrado on the right instead of a player better suited to coming inside and creating against a deep defence.

Skizzo

I don't think @Skizzo's attacking midfield players are in their best positions.

edit: See Snow's already mentioned that above.
They have the ability to shuffle around, and they're all fluid enough to rotate when necessary to find space and exploit the gaps. Silva is a horrible match up for Azpi, and having Sterling on the left means Srna will be always having to worry about him getting in behind. Muller is played centrally here to help work the midfield. They're positioned how they are due to the opponent, rather than accidentally thrown together.

It's not like they're up against the strongest defence either.

NM

Don't make it sound like he's already retired :( . Potential not fulfilled yet. He'll show his true quality consistently the next 2 years playing for us, I'm sure of that. Never is such an awful word when describing the career of a 23year old.
Sorry balu. That's what I meant. Not yet fulfilled. Tbh he's lucky he chose Bayern. If your physios can't keep him on the pitch, ours would have made him retire by now

Skizzo

I love Snow's midfield, but I think Badstuber, Garay and Srna would struggle with the counter attacks that would inevitably occur. Snow would dominate much of the game and Modric would probably be the best player out there (with Diarra trying to mark him and also forced to help double up on Hazard).

Skizzo, if you'd pick someone better than Diarra I think you've have walked this. Snow, I'd say Azpilicueta over a pacier CB now looks a mistake, as does Cuadrado on the right instead of a player better suited to coming inside and creating against a deep defence.
I agree that Diarra is not going to be the best midfielder in the draft...but as a late pick, he does exactly what we need him to do. Work hard in midfield, disrupt the opponent, get stuck in, and spring us forward. He's more than capable of doing that.

If we asked him to do possession job, or have him play above himself, I'd understand...but here he's there to keep it basic, simple, and work hard. Thiago and Modric can keep the ball, but neither offer any kind of physicality against Matuidi and Diarra.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Sorry balu. That's what I meant. Not yet fulfilled. Tbh he's lucky he chose Bayern. If your physios can't keep him on the pitch, ours would have made him retire by now
I know, your post just sounded incredibly depressing. Especially at the moment when he finally started training again and might start a game for the first time in more than a year. I hope he doesn't suffer another setback :nervous:.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
In the end it's Snow for me. Adriano was such a talented player, aside from the obvious techique he had everything and he's one of my favourites in this draft. But leaving him and Lewa out of the equation, I still like his line-up a little bit better. Teams are very close in quality though. Skizzo has enough quality to score a goal at any time, even if Snow's team is controlling the posession. But on a good day Modric, Busquets, Thiago and Hazard linking up would be something else. And then Adriano to top it off, Cuadrado with his work rate for the balance, a very nice team. Very decent CB's to match that playing style too, solid fullbacks. Though again, Skizzo has a lot of weapons, it really is very close.

@Balu how good was Badstuber in the 2011/2012 season? I watched him a lot when Van Gaal was Bayern coach, and I think I was quite impressed with his progression after Van Gaal left. In my memory he was great in the semi-finals against Madrid, even though they scored two quick goals. Bayern really fought back and it was a shame he got a yellow and had to miss the final. But I saw he featured 50 games for Bayern in that 2011/2012 and from what I remember he was really stepping up. Shame he got those severe injuries too.

Last edited:

Snow

I don't agree about Cuadrado. He can cut in. That's pretty much what he did in the World Cup. He's used to be the only one on the wing in defense and attack in a league where every defense sits deep. With Srna he's got a partner to lessen his burden, same for Srna.

Badstuber and Garay are about the as good as a CB gets in this draft beyond the first CB picks.

antohan

Snow's CB is are a letdown, stark one with Godin and Miranda at the other end.

That said, I can see both teams scoring, but only one controlling the game, so going for the ability to control proceedings tipping the balance.

Snow

:lol:

Fantastic example of draft talk.

Muller can play anywhere across the front 3, here, he's played centrally to add a bit more "bite" to the midfield when necessary. He and Silva are intelligent players, and will be moving around to find space...which there will be plenty of since you're playing high.

Now you're mentioned you've just pushed Srna up field against Evra, which suddenly leaves Sterling wide open since apparently he's not tracking back. Wonderful.

Juanfran has already showed he can play against Hazard, since he was MOTM when Athletico met Chelsea, and Hazard was almost completely ineffectual.

My team isn't fast or clever enough on the break? Look at the front 4...Who isn't clever enough there to cause problems against Badstuber and Garay?
Figured I had to bring it since I've been away all day.

I mentioned Srna pushing up in the write up. I also mentioned other things regarding that. He's got Cuadrado with him. A player who can act as a proper wingback. These are two players that are tactically intelligent as wingers/full backs. Both of them have played as full backs, wing backs and wingers. Combining two players like that, one of whom is more of a full back and other who is more of a winger and my wing is locked in front to back.