The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

That's not on Jose isn't it? Wanted a CB, wanted wingbacks, didn't get them. Can't just throw someone from the academy to play CB can he, it's one position where experience matters. We have experienced CB's who are shit or unable to play the ball out from the backand more raw and young CB's who have a mistake in them.

Where would you play Lukaku then? Or who would you play as a target man instead of him should he be dropped?
Simple! Don’t play a fcking target man. He plays upfront for Belgium alone as a non target man.

ChampFury

In my opinion, Mourinho should be sacked and here are some of the reasons. First, the board do not trust Mourinho with transfers. Mourinho has signed Lindelof and Bailly which are unconvincing at best, so in the board's eyes why would you trust him signing another. Mkhitaryan left after 18 months and made no real impact, Pogba has not shown his full potential. This is shown by the transfers made this window with Lee Grant who is third choice keeper, Dalot who is 17 million which is spare change to the board and I cannot see making a difference and Fred is a decent signing but it isn't enough to push the team to a new level.

Another reason is that Mourinho style of play isn't working anymore and he doesn't know what system he wants to play. Last season despite the unattractive football which at times was infuriating, utd came second in the premier league and an FA cup final and was the only team in the top five european legues to not concede three goals in a game, whilst this season we have conceaded 3 goals in two out of our three games, it shows that his defensive style isn't as effective anymore. There is the issue of not knowing which formation he wants because in pre-season and against Tottenham we played in a 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 in Spurs game and this provides even less attacking play and he doesn't have enough decent centre backs to play this and not one who can play the ball out which is needed to play in this formation so he brought in Herrera for this game.Herrera has never played centre back and was exploited by Spurs and this desicision by Mourinho was strange at best.

However, against Brighton and Leicester he played a 4-3-3 and he expects the team to somehow adapt in a week when most of these players hadn't played in this system because of World cup duty. As well as other factors including his alienating players such as Pogba, Martial and Shaw and storming out of press conferences and being confrontational. It is clear that Mourinho cannot take Man utd any futher anymore but Man utd do owe him a lot for bringing back consistent champions league, trophies and the highest position since Fergie left. Lets hope Zidane can bring swagger back to utd.

Andersons Dietician

Did anyone watch the Sunday Supplement? Custis for months now is basically ride or die Mourinho mentioned yesterday that the comeback against Newcastle was Pogbas doing. Jose asked Pogba what he thinks he should do and Pogba apparently said put me deeper and bring on Fellaini which Jose followed.

So although Custis meant it as a pro Jose point in his ability to “listen” to the players to me also kind of points to the man being done. So yeah, Pogba for caretaker manager.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Did anyone watch the Sunday Supplement? Custis for months now is basically ride or die Mourinho mentioned yesterday that the comeback against Newcastle was Pogbas doing. Jose asked Pogba what he thinks he should do and Pogba apparently said put me deeper and bring on Fellaini which Jose followed.

So although Custis meant it as a pro Jose point in his ability to “listen” to the players to me also kind of points to the man being done. So yeah, Pogba for caretaker manager.
:lol:

Still all of the Pogba isn't leadership material narrative thats been going around lately, look who was turned to / spoke up in the dressing room in the crisis...

laughtersassassin

Still all of the Pogba isn't leadership material narrative thats been going around lately, look who was turned to / spoke up in the dressing room in the crisis...

Also, Pogba is the player whose performances we depend on. No player other than him is shit on for having one 6/10 performance cause for the other players it doesn't matter. If Pogba has one bad game everything is his fault again.

We are only eight in the league because of Pogba. Without him we would have lost or drew a few more games. Only so much one man can do.

If he does leave I will understand why. Himself and Dave deserve to fight for the top trophies. Player careers are relatively short. Who are we to judge them for wanting to play for teams that match their ambition?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Granted, he's a pro-Mourinho journalist, but Duncan Castles said that was rubbish.

Also, Pogba is the player whose performances we depend on. No player other than him is shit on for having one 6/10 performance cause for the other players it doesn't matter. If Pogba has one bad game everything is his fault again.

We are only eight in the league because of Pogba. Without him we would have lost or drew a few more games. Only so much one man can do.

If he does leave I will understand why. Himself and Dave deserve to fight for the top trophies. Player careers are relatively short. Who are we to judge them for wanting to play for teams that match their ambition?
We don't know how our season would have begun if we hadn't started with that conflict between Mourinho and Pogba. It's easy to look at things now and only see the positives from Pogba, when in reality his impact is not just in the games..

That probably upsets the anti-Mourinho narrative. Like I said before, we should change our emblem to a dabbing silhouette.

VJ1762

Man, how are our outfield players good for the NT's and shit for us? Some blame has to fall on Mourinho for that, surely.

I am already dreading the chelsea game, where Mourinho will shut up shop, pogba will try to do too much with no attackers in sight, balls bouncing of lukaku's feet,alexis looking lost,pereira wondering what he has to do to start in midfield,the defence dancing to hazard's tunes and rashford turning to shit. And DDG wondering what he had done in his previous life to have shit defences in front of him for both Utd and Spain.

I still hope we grind out a 1-0 win.

RedDevil@84

Rashford misses for NT - How Jose has wasted his talents

Rashford scores - Look how is freely scoring after getting out of clutches of Jose.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Granted, he's a pro-Mourinho journalist, but Duncan Castles said that was rubbish.

We don't know how our season would have begun if we hadn't started with that conflict between Mourinho and Pogba. It's easy to look at things now and only see the positives from Pogba, when in reality his impact is not just in the games..

That probably upsets the anti-Mourinho narrative. Like I said before, we should change our emblem to a dabbing silhouette.
Oh this story upsets the anti Pogba narrative :rolleyes:

Web of Bissaka

If Mou stays, I have no doubt he'll guide the squad to finals and bring more trophies. Winning the league back is a huge task though.
The thing is, it'll be just the same thing like last season - a boring adventure. Now and then, there will be good entertaining games. Mostly dull.
Not moving forward, stalling.

Mou proved he can turn this team to play fun attacking open adventurous football.
Just that when things go wrong, he'll quickly revert back to his preferred safe defensive football, and stay that way for a consistent long time.
Then after some times, he'll play a riskier football again - players make mistakes and quickly back to usual boring football.

Needham

If Chelsea 4 nil us that valiant comeback over Newcastle -the one that has apparently guaranteed Jose his job till the end of the season- now looks like what it really was: a desperate rearguard scraped home win over relegation candidates.
Great logic on which to base the decision to persist with the current manager.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

If Chelsea 4 nil us that valiant comeback over Newcastle -the one that has apparently guaranteed Jose his job till the end of the season- now looks like what it really was: a desperate rearguard scraped home win over relegation candidates.
Great logic on which to base the decision to persist with the current manager.
The newcastle win was just a last minute stay of execution. Once Chelsea hammers us the mob will be out again in full force.

soapythecat

Not long until Saturday lunchtime and another shite performance. A stuffing by Chelsea will almost be enough to get him out. I’m sure Pogba will be wank again and that will be another chance for him to flirt with Barca.
Can’t wait.

Judas

Open to offers
If Mou stays, I have no doubt he'll guide the squad to finals and bring more trophies. Winning the league back is a huge task though.
The thing is, it'll be just the same thing like last season - a boring adventure. Now and then, there will be good entertaining games. Mostly dull.

Mou proved he can turn this team to play fun attacking open adventurous football.
Just that when things go wrong, he'll quickly revert back to his preferred safe defensive football, and stay that way for a consistent long time.
Then after some times, he'll play a riskier football again - players make mistakes and quickly back to usual boring football.
When did this happen?

Eric's Seagull

Man, i really hope he is gone soon. Would love to have someone new in so he can start building his team come Jan.

Truly believe if we keep Jose for much longer we can say bye bye to top 4 and in that case potentially De Gea and Pogba.
Agree with this plus I think we could add Martial going as well, which I personally hope does not happen.

klsv

I also agree. We sack Jose now and get in Jardim until January. Make Martial captain and bring Chong and Gomes to the first team. Then in January hire Zidane until the Summer and then try to get Pochettino for the next season as a bridge manager to either Pep or Klopp.

I also agree. We sack Jose now and get in Jardim until January. Make Martial captain and bring Chong and Gomes to the first team. Then in January hire Zidane until the Summer and then try to get Pochettino for the next season as a bridge manager to either Pep or Klopp.
Is everything ok at home?

Treble

Pts in the league since Jose has taken over United (84 games):

City 198
Chelsea 183
Spurs 183
Liverpool 171
United 163
Arsenal 156

Even if one can excuse the gap with City with money, one can't do the same with Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool. Overall, Jose isn't doing well.

Canagel

The international break made me forget how much I wanted Jose out. He was very very lucky with the result last game and the timing of the break. this thread will be very active in the next 2/3 weeks.

klsv

Lol

What are you smoking ?
The same shit all of us who suggest Jardim and Zidane as caretakers and those who believe a new manager would build a new team in January and compete for the title. Don't know what it is but it's very strong.

Le Red

Ref. the whole "Mourinho style" debacle, here's my two pence.
I must have watched hundreds of Mourinho games in the last 15 years or so, and I don't ever remember any of his teams being as sterile, sluggish, disorganized, passive, and barren as Manchester United has been since he took over.
Truth be said, the team was already in this vibe thanks to Louis van Gaal, but Mourinho had enough time to turn it around.
His teams have never been known for flair, but they were imposing and had lots of clutch when needed. When everything ticked, I'd go as far as to say they were entertaining to watch in their own way.
Even his famous bus parking was reserved to defend specific results or against obviously superior teams, most famously seem in that Inter x Barcelona UCL semifinal. Yes, that was no effs given bus parking, but it was freaking Xavi-Iniesta-Messi prime Barcelona. Meanwhile we see MUFC play like that against average opposition.
So no, I don't buy the whole "board and fans knew what they were getting into". MUFC's José Mourinho is nothing like his previous iterations, he's only brought his negative side to this club, which has only gotten worse and worse with no signs of improving.
Long story short, José Mourinho failed to deliver to us what he provided to others. Will he ever be a victorious coach again? Maybe, but it's so obvious it won't be here. Even clubs where he was victorious had to get rid of him once his self-destruction process began, why should we stick to him even in the face of repeated defeat and humiliation?
I think that the fans who still want him here are behaving like gambling addicts who lose almost everything at the table but keep playing because they think they are "due". Y'all are like "yo he won a lot of stuff before so he's bound to win something for us before he goes, right? Right?" Wrong.
He's not "due" anything, he's not "bound" to win, past results doesn't give you any guarantees, as any person with minimal knowledge in investments would know.
It was a mistake to hire him, in hindsight. But reckoning that he's a mistake today requires no hindsight. It's blatant, it's on our faces, it's everywhere.
We have no reason to extend this torture any further. None!
Let's just move on please... We are Manchester United, our fans like to brag about "no player being bigger than the club" but are currently conformed to being held by one manager.
Stockholm's syndrome much?

Reactions: SteveJ

Canagel

Pts in the league since Jose has taken over United (84 games):

City 198
Chelsea 183
Spurs 183
Liverpool 171
United 163
Arsenal 156

Even if one can excuse the gap with City with money, one can't do the same with Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool. Overall, Jose isn't doing well.
Would love to see the goals scored as well. We are some way behind the others I'm sure.

wolvored

When did this happen?

wolvored

:lol: Like your thinking

VJ1762

You forgot to mention, only when we are 2-0 down.
If anything, the past 3 years have proved that there is no place for Mourinho in the modern game. He has become yet another decaying old building, which must be demolished to build something better and new.

Treble

Would love to see the goals scored as well. We are some way behind the others I'm sure.
City 207
Liverpool 177
Spurs 175
Arsenal 170
Chelsea 165
United 135

That's very poor, way off the pace.

Canagel

City 207
Liverpool 177
Spurs 175
Arsenal 170
Chelsea 165
United 135

That's very poor, way off the pace.
Yeah no surprise. We are a terrible attacking team and terrible to watch. City out in front which is understandable but the other teams are all close. No reason why we shouldn't be scoring more goals with the team we have.

Murray3007

is there anyone who still believes Jose can deliver us success ? if so whats the reasons you think this ?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I made up my mind long ago and almost nothing can sway me now.
We are just going through the motions imo and I can't wait for the inevitable.

red4ever 79

laughing at the votes for needs more time. This for a guy who has never gone more than 3 seasons at a club and is in his 3rd season. We could build Jose a time machine and he still couldnt go back and change the s*ite that we have served up

red4ever 79

I made up my mind long ago and almost nothing can sway me now.
We are just going through the motions imo and I can't wait for the inevitable.
Totally with you on that. Just a matter of time until this sh*ithousery ends. Looking forward to see who comes in next. Hope we recruit someone that will really impose a style of football on the club. Hoenstly I dont care much of a reputation but I want to see us have a style, an identity.

iKeano

When did this happen?
Must have been on football manager or Fifa career mode, cause it sure as sh1t hasn't happened in real life!

He gave away fans a coat, we scaped past 2nd from bottom in spite of José - fans sing his name, give me strenght! It's similar to when LVG was managing Uts when we wont the FA cup - in spite of his dross, not as a result of it - cannot wait until the grumpy one is gone.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Totally with you on that. Just a matter of time until this sh*ithousery ends. Looking forward to see who comes in next. Hope we recruit someone that will really impose a style of football on the club. Hoenstly I dont care much of a reputation but I want to see us have a style, an identity.
At the moment, I don't even give a feck about trophies. That feels like too much to ask.
Just get someone who will make me excited to watch this team again.
We need a new plan and someone who has genuine belief in the way football should be played. The rest will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.