The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory 7

More incredible is that his team can't defend. When you hear Mourinho, you think of a solid defense.
The two aren't mutually exclusive. He can't find a back four at Manchester United that he can build a team around. Think about that. Manchester United don't have anything like a top-class back four from all the players at the club. Its nuts.

Treble

How you can say that, when the pressure has been far higher earlier this season?
Today was a draw.
We'll win midweek, beat Southampton, and again, the pressure will be off again
Beating Soton won't be easier than beating Palace. The young boys are not sufficiently crap either. We're likely to win but I wouldn't be too surprised if Soton is another draw/loss.

Skills

Snitch
Jose is actually the only manager in history to beat Pep over a season.
I concur with you that there are too many mercenaries, and things are only going to get worse, as the club has decided to resign all players who are in the last year of the contract, and when the new manager comes, he is gonna have a massive job on his hands.
That is a lie. Conte did it just 2 years ago. Poch also finished ahead of him.

Canagel

More incredible is that his team can't defend. When you hear Mourinho, you think of a solid defense.
His team can't defend, can't control the midfield against supposedly weaker sides, can't attack with any sort of cohesion - his main sriker hasn't scored at home for god knows how many months. A total mess from back to front after a huge 400 million outlay

Eddy_JukeZ

It's a disgrace that he's still the manager.

Woodward will wait until top 4 is gone for cert and then sack him. Should have gotten rid of him after that Sevilla debacle.

Our GD is -1 after 13 games. There's simply no defense for that.

Mourinho has utterly failed at his job. If he served this football/results at Real/Barca, they'd ban him from the stadium grounds for life.

-1 GD after 13 games.

3 straight managers who've completely embarrassed themselves as managers and have destroyed all of SAF's good work.

Seij

I just noticed that you guys have a negative goal difference. How in the world does that not get him fired?
When top 4 becomes mathematically impossible, then Woodward will sack the manager. That way, the cheapskate saves the Glazers twenty something million or whatever they would have to pay Jose otherwise. It's what happened with the previous two managers while the fans suffered through months and months waiting for the inevitable.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
It's a disgrace that he's still the manager.

Woodward will wait until top 4 is gone for cert and then sack him. Should have gotten rid of him after that Sevilla debacle.

Our GD is -1 after 13 games. There's simply no defense for that.

Mourinho has utterly failed at his job. If he served this football/results at Real/Barca, they'd ban him from the stadium grounds for life.

-1 GD after 13 games.

3 straight managers who've completely embarrassed themselves as managers and have destroyed all of SAF's good work.
The takeover destroyed all that work, roughly 1 billion taken out of the club since their takeover. Think about it. Not saying that Jose is perfect I believe his style of football is certainly not United style.

Eddy_JukeZ

The takeover destroyed all that work, roughly 1 billion taken out of the club since their takeover. Think about it. Not saying that Jose is perfect I believe his style of football is certainly not United style.
The Glazers aren't perfect and have their faults, but they've given Jose enough money and he's wasted most of it.

Hammerfell

This talk about Jose being fired after the end of the season is unrealistic. He could get the boot much much earlier. Failure in the next 2 games could be the end.
This is a very naive point of view. He's totally safe.

johanovic

Eddie Howe , this place is insane after a negative result.
Is it not truly insane that a manager that is supposed to be one of the best in the world,has spent 400 million pounds and manages to let us being outplayed, outfought and outrun in almost every game is still the manager of Man Utd? Eddie Howe would let the team play proper attacking football. Sir Alex came from Aberdeen so perhaps you should study how Howe has done his job. It seems to me that neither Mourinho og Van Gaal have done well despite their past achivements. Perhaps Mourinho could learn a little bit about how a true leader behaves from Sir Alex Ferguson. He knew you were only as good as your last win.

Fridge chutney

We are regressing. It is unacceptable after 2.5 seasons. We need to look at a long term manager who bleeds the culture of the club. Mourinho doesn't seem to be that person.

steffyr2

Time will tell who's naive mate. I'd be surprised if he was still here beyond March. He won't finish the season.
I'd be surprised if he wants to finish the season, or even this year. Can't wait to hear what he says afterwards.

Theonas

Scout
It's not really. Teams nowadays are simply stronger offensively, or at least more committed to attacking than before. Even mid table clubs nowadays are buying technical players and putting more work tactically on ball possession, circulation and playing between the lines so defending methods that worked before are not necessarily going to work now. It is also why you hear Mourinho constantly hyping up mid table opponents. They do Indeed pose more threat than the once mostly physical from before. The best way to counter that is what the top teams are doing by raising their technical level, working more on possession and movement, things Mourinho was never a master at which is what makes him a has been.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
His team can't defend, can't control the midfield against supposedly weaker sides, can't attack with any sort of cohesion - his main sriker hasn't scored at home for god knows how many months. A total mess from back to front after a huge 400 million outlay
The fact that he is still here shows that our management is equally shit

klsv

Time will tell who's naive mate. I'd be surprised if he was still here beyond March. He won't finish the season.
Please refrain from calling me a Mouzophrenic Bootlicker of a Jose In Cultist Fanboy™ but there is no way he'll be sacked earlier into the season than Moyes was, unless he physically attacks some of the Glazers or sends unsolicited nudes to Pogba on Instagram. He actually has actually achieved something with the club and was handed a new contract by the same board who is now supposed to sack him, less than a year ago.

Treble

It's not really. Teams nowadays are simply stronger offensively, or at least more committed to attacking than before. Even mid table clubs nowadays are buying technical players and putting more work tactically on ball possession, circulation and playing between the lines so defending methods that worked before are not necessarily going to work now. It is also why you hear Mourinho constantly hyping up mid table opponents. They do Indeed pose more threat than the once mostly physical from before. The best way to counter that is what the top teams are doing by raising their technical level, working more on possession and movement, things Mourinho was never a master at which is what makes him a has been.
I agree. It still looks surprising how bad this team is at defending though.

Canagel

Put that way, what CAN his team do? :houllier:
The players lack 'heart' and 'desire' apparently.
It's the least you expect from a professional footballer. the whole attacking plan amounts to waiting for lucky set piece or get it to left and hope Martial beats 4 players to get into the box.

Treble

Please refrain from calling me a Mouzophrenic Bootlicker of a Jose In Cultist Fanboy™ but there is no way he'll be sacked earlier into the season than Moyes was, unless he physically attacks some of the Glazers or sends unsolicited nudes to Pogba on Instagram. He actually has actually achieved something with the club and was handed a new contract by the same board who is now supposed to sack him, less than a year ago.
No problem mate, I shared my personal expectation, it might be well off the mark.

Stactix

The two aren't mutually exclusive. He can't find a back four at Manchester United that he can build a team around. Think about that. Manchester United don't have anything like a top-class back four from all the players at the club. Its nuts.
Well seeing as Utd have had one of the best defensive records for the last few seasons. Even under Van Gaal when he had multiple youth at the back due to a fecking injury crisis.
Not saying our defence is good enough, far from it but when Utd go from joint 2nd in goals conceded last season to almost matching the goals conceded in a 3rd of the season.

15/16
Wait a minute, what the feck is this?
15 Chelsea 11 3 2 6 16 22 −6 11

14/15..
1 Chelsea 13 10 3 0 30 11 +19 33

deja vu perhaps?

spwd

The serial winner pulls off a historic draw against a swashbuckling, high flying palace team, in spite of the team of championship level players he’s forced to work with :drool:
At last some sense

This.

Woodward doesn't want to admit another defeat, plus there are no viable. Options out there.

Some clown on 606 suggested Giggs. He is too quiet to get a performance out of these muppets. We need a ranter, at least in the short term.

Regarding the bolded text, there doesn’t have to be any options out there now, we just need to remove Jose and go forward with an attacking style whoever takes over, be it short term or long term.

Give it to Mackenna (spelling?) with Carrick to help and just try to instill an attacking style from here onwards.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
None of that matters. He will be the third manager to get immediately sacked when CL qualification is mathematically impossible. It is literally the only success/failure criteria at United now and it makes it contractually cheaper to sack the manager.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
While I understand about the guy wearing the green and gold scarf and his frustrations, if he’s that mad and can see problems running deeper beyond Jose, don’t give the club a penny, it’s has simple has that. Just don’t go to games to stop funding a set of leech’s who are more worried about the stock exchange then the clubs fall from grace, yes in the greater context it won’t really make a huge difference to the leaches running this club into the ground on the football side of things, but take a stand and not give money I have not since the day they sold Ronaldo and not invested it back into the team. For me the club won’t win a PL title under the glazer ownership in my mind, if we continue to go down this road and the glazers are happy to have a long term ownership of the club, this could go on for decades, and fans need to wake up and stop giving the club money. If the ownership is happy to see our local rivals become the best club in Manchester, then they don’t deserve a penny from me, and I will continue to boycott because it’s clear has daylight winning is not the priority. I will support the team, but I won’t go to games while we continue to be run like their own personal ATM
He’s probably a season ticket holder that’s already paid for the whole season.

I’m with you 100% by the way. I usually go see United at least 20 times a season. But they won’t get a penny off of me for the foreseeable.

klsv

None of that matters. He will be the third manager to get immediately sacked when CL qualification is mathematically impossible. It is literally the only success/failure criteria at United now and it makes it contractually cheaper to sack the manager.
Yes, I agree with that. There's no way he'll stay unless we get into CL next season, was replying to the poster who thought he might get sacked before the year changes.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s probably a season ticket holder that’s already paid for the whole season.

I’m with you 100% by the way. I usually go see United at least 20 times a season. But they won’t get a penny off of me for the foreseeable.
This is it for me too. Not coming back until he’s gone. Waste of hard earned money.

Garethw

When top 4 becomes mathematically impossible, then Woodward will sack the manager. That way, the cheapskate saves the Glazers twenty something million or whatever they would have to pay Jose otherwise. It's what happened with the previous two managers while the fans suffered through months and months waiting for the inevitable.
He’ll save the parasites £20 million in compensation but cost the club £50 plus million for not qualifying for the CL.

Sack him now and top 4 is salvageable under the right coach.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not backing him in the summer was the time to let go, and they let that go.
As they did, when there were leaks he was gone.

Since then the pressure eased off with some wins, now it's back on a bit. The cycle will go on, until we can't hit top 4, which at this rate will probably be March.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He’ll save the parasites £20 million in compensation but cost the club £50 plus million for not qualifying for the CL.

That latter bit is the issue. You either go with an out of contract type, like we've done the last 3 times, or you have to wait carefully for the right moment.
As Man Utd, we should be doing the latter, not just seeing who is currently out of a job.

If it takes a fee to get a top manager, why not, the manager should be more important than a player!

0le

It doesn't matter who is in charge now, top 4 is gone, that much is clear. I agree the club should sack him though, not just on principle but also to rebuild for next season.

Strachans Cigar

I just wish he’d sense the Guillotine is being sharpened & just play Fred & Dalot. Shit or bust, chuck em in.

Garethw

This is it for me too. Not coming back until he’s gone. Waste of hard earned money.
Exactly mate.

I live down south in Kent so it’s a good nine hours of driving there and back if I’m going to Manchester. It’s a massively tiring and expensive day out and honestly, it’s just not worth it at the moment.

The Purley King

Jose has sucked the joy out football for me.
Fair play to the people who actually go to ot I can’t even be bothered to watch on the telly any more. I don’t watch motd either like I used to it’s just too painful to see others playing so well.
We didn’t sack moyes or lvg quickly enough and we’ve already not sacked jose when we should have done. The signs were there in the summer and even more obvious after a few games. We could all see it wtf is Woodward playing at?
Please for the love of god feck him off now. I can’t take any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.