The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

Jose did say before the season that we needed to fight for the first 3-4 games of the season due to lack of preseason games for majority of his first team players. I must admit I'm not surprised this issue has been overlooked and not being mentioned due to the obvious hate towards Mourinho

Once again he has been very honest in what he's been telling to the press and I'm confident that both performances and results will improve.

cyberman

He can try and out manage the top sides but keep this up v the lesser sides and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, thats where the points are.

Flexdegea

Love him going to the fans this after all the stick he's getting.

Feel myself backing him more, the vultures have surrounded the club and we need to back him until the board decide different imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainoldo

He’ll be kissing babies next. Doing everything to keep his job. Fair play to him.

Ban

So what will be new story till next week. He lost the dressing room one didn't pass.

RedorDead21

So what will be new story till next week. He lost the dressing room one didn't pass.
Jose didnt want Ronaldo coming and thats what started the break down in relationship between Ed and Jose...That one took a while to surface but seems to be gathering some column inches now....

Alexit

But, but ... it's only Burnley.

But, but ... he's lost the dressing room and the players don't play for him now.

But, but ... look how he threw Shaw under the bus.

But, but, and on and on the moaners go.

Can't wait to have a crack at Watford after the international break. Come on United! :devil:

Ban

Jose didnt want Ronaldo coming and thats what started the break down in relationship between Ed and Jose...That one took a while to surface but seems to be gathering some column inches now....
Oh yes, when your creative enough there's always a story or 2.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
How can you all be that blind? I always say to myself "respect other people opinion" but here i can't. Imagine on a second that this team have defensive pair like all other big clubs have (which all of you so love to watch apparently) . Put toby and another top defender in this squad and we would have 4 wins this season. Fa cup maybe last year. We have mid table level defenders and still finished second, won some trophies, etc...
Truth is that half of you hate jose from day one and nothing that he do, will not change that. It will always be something. Playing youth, playing attacking, results, moaning, something, something...
Jose has already addressed the defensive problems at the club with the acquisitions of Bailly and Lindelof, both of which have failed to impress either consistently or at all.

Andersons Dietician

I think they’ll probably go with the charm offensive he is on and how it’s clearly fake or him desperately trying to change his image or gather the fans on his side. That’ll be my bet for the paper stories over the break. Probably something to do with that Sanchez strop after been taken off as well.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
If we lose against Burnley, he's past it and all that bullshit.

When we win, it's fecking Burnley.

The guy can't win.
I know what you mean but to play devil's advocate, Burnley are shite. Therefore he should get some praise for beating them, sure, but it would have been terrible if we'd have lost. The criticism would've been justified in my opinion.

RedorDead21

I know what you mean but to play devil's advocate, Burnley are shite. Therefore he should get some praise for beating them, sure, but it would have been terrible if we'd have lost. The criticism would've been justified in my opinion.
Watford is a good test and hopefully a big confidence boost if we can get the 3 points. If not all the negativity will justifiably return.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Jose has already addressed the defensive problems at the club with the acquisitions of Bailly and Lindelof, both of which have failed to impress either consistently or at all.
Yes ok he missed. So what? That excuse is getting ridiculous. So liverpool should stick with karius and klavan? Jose detected that and wanted new defender. Sell me one and bring me one. Meh, nevermind.

nainaisson

Haha. Probably. I saw the NBC broadcast and first half they spent much of it talking about how bad Burnley were, not that we dominated them and they couldn't play. They also didn't make a lot of the pen we should have had or that Mee should have been sent off there when he handled the ball (last man) obstructing a clear goal opportunity.
I thought Kyle Martino was going to start crying at the end because United won and he didn't get to trash Mourinho for 15 minutes straight. Instead, he tried to invent problems for the club, like Sanchez looking upset after being substituted and Mata not being selected. Truly pathetic.

reddaz71

Telling that the anti Mourinho brigade say nothing after Utd win,clearly there is a personal agenda,we dont need "fans" like that at our club,imagine this place if redcafe and twitter were around in 1989,some "fans" would do well to remember the words of the great Sir Alex Ferguson," If you cant support us when we lose dont support us when we win".

As for the banner,that was deserved to be honest,Woodward simply hasnt got a clue!

Ban

I think they’ll probably go with the charm offensive he is on and how it’s clearly fake or him desperately trying to change his image or gather the fans on his side. That’ll be my bet for the paper stories over the break. Probably something to do with that Sanchez strop after been taken off as well.
They have time to find something, that's for sure.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
I was there again today and he had 100% of us all behind him and we never stopped singing his name, we all know that if we stick and get behind him he’ll deliver the goods.

Aresma7

Jose did say before the season that we needed to fight for the first 3-4 games of the season due to lack of preseason games for majority of his first team players. I must admit I'm not surprised this issue has been overlooked and not being mentioned due to the obvious hate towards Mourinho

Once again he has been very honest in what he's been telling to the press and I'm confident that both performances and results will improve.
This is very true! He called IT, and wanted a CB so we could have won the game against Brighton at least.

I know the problem with the way we play is a deeper issue, but we tend to forget the pressure United managers have. People stuck in the past need to understand, when Fergie was in charge, he had control and authority to do the most in terms of signings etc.. When we won the title with RvP we were shit! Mourinho doesn’t have that much control and at the same time it is expected top 4 every year, so he focused more on the defensive play, and it kind off gave us the results we needed after the Moyes/Van Gaal era.. we beat all of the top 5 teams.

I don’t feel we should fire him just yet, looks like he wants to fight for his job and start playing attacking football. If he gets the players to fight for him it could work. Though I am tempted to see what Zidane would bring to the team. I could see Martial being happy about that, and maybe Mbappe would come!

Reactions: sizzling sausages

George The Best

Really can’t understand why this is even up for debate. Still one of the best managers in the world, and tell me who is available that is even remotely better? Working with a pretty shit squad he still managed to get 2nd last season. This seasons squad not a whole lot better. The Board need to back him big time next time around. Meanwhile he’ll work with what he’s got and still perform above the level this squad could reasonably expect imo. Needs a new CB and a striker if Sanchez keeps misfiring. But keep the faith, he’s still the right man for me.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Everyone is allowed to buy duds in the market except Jose Mourinho. Nevermind that he has an exceptional record with identifying defenders, he got a young player made of glass and a young player that can't handle the pressure of playing for a big club.

el3mel

When will people realize the board is supposed to buy players for the team not for the manager ? You buy flops, you chop them and go on. Hanging on flops because the current manager wanted them so he must play them is a terrible way of managing a club.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yes ok he missed. So what? That excuse is getting ridiculous. So liverpool should stick with karius and klavan? Jose detected that and wanted new defender. Sell me one and bring me one. Meh, nevermind.
Point being, Jose has already attempted to rectify the central defensive problem by spending £50 million+ on two replacements that have not lived up to expectation. How many attempts does he get at fixing the problem before enough is enough?

You can afford to be nonchalant about the loss of £50 million because it's not your money that has been wasted, but the moneymen at the club do not get that luxury. United do not have City money.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I was there again today and he had 100% of us all behind him and we never stopped singing his name, we all know that if we stick and get behind him he’ll deliver the goods.
Lovely. Exactly how I feel.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Everyone is allowed to buy duds in the market except Jose Mourinho. Nevermind that he has an exceptional record with identifying defenders, he got a young player made of glass and a young player that can't handle the pressure of playing for a big club.
Considering the central defensive area is supposedly one of strength for Jose, making two errors in judgement in that position is pretty poor management truth be told.

Are the club expected to grant him unlimited funds in the hope that he eventually strikes it lucky? Woody has basically indicated that he is unwilling to do that given the fact that he refused to sanction his summer signings, or at least go to the lengths required in order to acquire them.

haram

Considering the central defensive area is supposedly one of strength for Jose, making two errors in judgement in that position is pretty poor management truth be told.

Are the club expected to grant him unlimited funds in the hope that he eventually strikes it lucky? Woody has basically indicated that he is unwilling to do that given the fact that he refused to sanction his summer signings, or at least go to the lengths required in order to acquire them.
If it’s a strength of Mourinho’s they should trust him even if he has made a mistake. You know, everyone makes mistakes right? It’s funny because the man Woodward wants is Varane and that’s a player Mourinho developed.

Who says it is about striking lucky? He can genuinely identify a player and think that’s what he needs. He’s not going out there looking for a random CB hoping it works.

Lindelof and Bailly are still young, who says they cannot become good CB’s? Or that they might not go up a level playing next to an experienced defender?

It’s also not Mourinho’s fault that Rojo, Bailly and Jones are always injured.

RedTiger

Half mast
:lol:

You and me both! I tipped us to win the league before it all kicked off and reality had a chance to set in.

In truth there is more chance of Jose smilling and laughing his way through a press conference than us picking up a league title anytime soon. I'd give blood to be proved wrong on this matter.
Good. Make sure you donate a pint of blood after we win the title this season.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

It would be great to actually look at WHY they are duds. Bailly can't stay fit for toffee and Lindelof is a very good defender for his Country but turns to shite when playing for United (which is quite common at big clubs where the pressure is huge).

Then you look at what type of defender he wants to bring in. He wants a commanding centre back with experience. The qualities he is asking for are essentially things like pace and ball control, they are innate to the players that they have from their teenage development. Leadership qualities and mature decision are near impossible to be coached, they can only be scouted. I doubt he scouted Bailly or Lindeloff for either of these, considering both were young and both were reliant on their partners to have a cool head.

Mainoldo

It would be great to actually look at WHY they are duds. Bailly can't stay fit for toffee and Lindelof is a very good defender for his Country but turns to shite when playing for United (which is quite common at big clubs where the pressure is huge).

Then you look at what type of defender he wants to bring in. He wants a commanding centre back with experience. The qualities he is asking for are essentially things like pace and ball control, they are innate to the players that they have from their teenage development. Leadership qualities and mature decision are near impossible to be coached, they can only be scouted. I doubt he scouted Bailly or Lindeloff for either of these, considering both were young and both were reliant on their partners to have a cool head.
So why didn’t just get this defender the first time round instead of making us buy Bailly and Lindelof?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Who's this clown?

The level of ignorance displayed here rivals something you might hear six pints down at the pub. :lol:

This plank is almost laughing at Mourinho saying he was happy with the tactical approach after losing to Spurs. The result, the product of 3 individual errors, has totally blinded him to what happened: We committed the fullbacks, we had a midfielder making the 3rd man in defence when needed, we created chances. It was logical of Jose to think that if we kept that up we’d start winning games, as we did at Burnley.

How can you be paid to write about football and have no obvious analytical ability? Even Pochettino made the point Spurs we’re lucky (which he again hinted at today after Watford beat them). Why do people put such stock in the opinions of these fellas?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So why didn’t just get this defender the first time round instead of making us buy Bailly and Lindelof?
Bailly and Lindeloff are not the same profile of defender and are not being 'replaced' if we get a new defender. A small amount of due diligence would tell you that neither are commanding centre backs pre united and wouldn't be scouted as such.

Both have good qualities and flaws that need ironing out. They aren't going to be at the top of their game until their late twenties like most centre backs.

Its team building 101, a team needs a combination of youth and experience. He got his young defenders to develop and now wants an experienced head to provide a calming presence. Lindelof for his country is excellent in part due to Granqvist, while Bailly clearly needs a partner to tell him to stay as he goes awol quite often.

cyberman

2 CBs in 3 years that are combined less than the price of WC centre halves that we should be buying.
Did many fans expect Jones, Rojo and Smalling to be at our club heding into 2019? If not then we needed 2 starters and subs!
Can we blame Jose for targeting older players when his feet are held so close to the fire in terms of taking risks on younger, unpolished stars?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Good. Make sure you donate a pint of blood after we win the title this season.
I like your confidence.
If he does win the title, it will probably be the greatest league title win seen in the EPL. To come back from a place of such negativity and a squad which isn't the best, to a title win would be incredibly difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.