The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He did the same against Spurs last week.

The United away support was incredible this afternoon with their support of the club - a true show of solidarity. The recognition they received from Jose at the end of the game was well deserved.

JohnnyKills

I'm sanguine about the in/out thing really as it looks like he'll be gone in May, whatever happens.

His contract is up in 2020 and he's still living in a fecking hotel. His boss has just rejected his signings list and offered his most troublesome player a new contract. The writing's on the wall - and it says 'JOSE UR A USELESS CNUT. ED'

So let's just enjoy the rest of the season. I'm certainly not going to be chanting Mourinho's name like a top red but nor am i going to be criticizing him at every turn. The end is nigh and our results against the likes of Burnley won't change that.

Last edited:

Stactix

Was a decent performance against a very poor Burnley.
Right call to play Fellani though.
Shaw very good once more and probably Lukaku & Sanchezs most dominating performance. Lukaku just needed to take his chances but he was a right bully towards the end.
Could be a turning point but very unlikely.
Need to pick up the points now, 12-13 points in next 5 a must.

Devil may care

Yeah, I think you were wearing your shit tinted glasses if you thought we were bad.
I thought we were functional and basic agaisnt a side that might as well pack it's bags for the championship, there was nothing good about the actual football.

Jacko21

Next time we drop points everyone should make sure to send you a PM
I hope no one tags @Jacko21 each time they post in this thread after our next loss.
It was more in reference to how silly the in/out threads have become. People have long made up their minds about Mourinho - you're either with him or against him. So this constant churn in both threads is pointless. Each one is a silo, where people go to have their opinions reaffirmed, so there is no reasoned discourse or insight.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Even if Mou leaves next May, I still want Man Utd finishing in the top4 spots, challenging for the FA Cup and progressing as far as possible in the ChL.

The 0-2 vs Burnley is a start.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If we lose against Burnley, he's past it and all that bullshit.

When we win, it's fecking Burnley.

The guy can't win.

Andersons Dietician

Papers must be gutted as if we’d lost and us wearing the pink kit for the first time the headlines could have written themselves. Jose gets his pink slip and so on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pressure had ramped up to 9/10 after that Tottenham game, now it's right back down, though obviously it is only one game.

As long as we restart v Watford where we left off today, we can still do something this season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It was more in reference to how silly the in/out threads have become. People have long made up their minds about Mourinho - you're either with him or against him. So this constant churn in both threads is pointless. Each one is a silo, where people go to have their opinions reaffirmed, so there is no reasoned discourse or insight.
You're reading too much into things. We're football fans who cheer when we win and complain when we lose.

That said, let's not pretend that 1 victory against a vastly inferior outfit in Burnley is anything to write home about. If we continue to perform well as a cohesive unit for the foreseeable future, then Jose will gradually win the back the fans, but as of right now I still think his time is up. He will need nothing short of a miracle performed in order to stay beyond this season regardless.

hn4manunited

I will wait for the melters to blame Rashford red card and Lukaku wastefulness on Jose:D
Well, the commentators on nbc I think were lee Dickson (sp?) and Graeme Le Saux (sp?) or maybe Arlo White? They both were insinuating that Rashford not getting enough game time under Jose could create an underlying frustration that caused him to lash out like that, they also kept saying that they were disappointed at how poor Burnley were to allow united to play and that it wasn’t us playing well, the camera man also tried to put focus on Alexis when he got subbed trying to drum up stories of frustration of him being subbed off...Jose and our team just can’t win.

Last edited:

OldSchoolManc

You're reading too much into things. We're football fans who cheer when we win and complain when we lose.

That said, let's not pretend that 1 victory against a vastly inferior outfit in Burnley is anything to write home about. If we continue to perform well as a cohesive unit for the foreseeable future, then Jose will gradually win the back the fans, but as of right now I still think his time is up. He will need nothing short of a miracle performed in order to stay beyond this season regardless.
If and I mean if, we somehow pulled off the miracle of winning the league this season, it would be the biggest wind up to Liverpool, City, Pep, our own negative fans and the media ever.
It isn’t beyond the realms of possibility if we actually went on a run from here and gained confidence.
Leicester winning the league was only a few seasons ago.
I am willing this to happen!

Jacko21

Jose will gradually win the back the fans, but as of right now I still think his time is up.
That's just it though, some will never be convinced. That's why both threads are largely pointless. They are just a circle-jerk. With people taking gratification from others sharing the same opinion.

This forum would be a far healthier place with some objectivity.

Kapardin

I get the point we shouldn't get too carried away, but nor should you undermine your points by going too far the other way about the ease of Burnley away.

Or do we have to look up Burnley's home record against top sides?
They played a Europa League game prior to this and couldn't cope with us even when we were a man down. It was just too easy, they played like a pub team and even then we weren't perfectly fluid. Just effective, like so many of last season's games.

A passable first half followed by a poorer second half in which drama was the only interesting aspect of the match, along with a penalty miss and Lukaku's comic fail in front of goal.

But a win should hopefully inspire us to play better. If we go on a run, Jose can stay as manager for sure.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If and I mean if, we somehow pulled off the miracle of winning the league this season, it would be the biggest wind up to Liverpool, City, Pep, our own negative fans and the media ever.
It isn’t beyond the realms of possibility if we actually went on a run from here and gained confidence.
Some of the fans on here will be suicidal if we win anything with Jose.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
:lol:

You and me both! I tipped us to win the league before it all kicked off and reality had a chance to set in.

In truth there is more chance of Jose smilling and laughing his way through a press conference than us picking up a league title anytime soon. I'd give blood to be proved wrong on this matter.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That's just it though, some will never be convinced. That's why both threads are largely pointless. They are just a circle-jerk. With people taking gratification from others sharing the same opinion.

This forum would be a far healthier place with some objectivity.
I'm sure there are a few fans scattered about that cannot be swayed back into Jose's good books for love nor money. For those fans, I think it's more the quality of football on offer (or lack thereof) rather than positive results and/or trophy accumulation.

Everyone is different.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How can you all be that blind? I always say to myself "respect other people opinion" but here i can't. Imagine on a second that this team have defensive pair like all other big clubs have (which all of you so love to watch apparently) . Put toby and another top defender in this squad and we would have 4 wins this season. Fa cup maybe last year. We have mid table level defenders and still finished second, won some trophies, etc...
Truth is that half of you hate jose from day one and nothing that he do, will not change that. It will always be something. Playing youth, playing attacking, results, moaning, something, something...

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We were better today, looked more solid. It helped that Burnley were appalling mind.

Even if he does manage to focus and make us more solid, we're still going to go into games against City and Liverpool and park the bus, we still won't smash teams when they're there for the taking and we'll still be incredibly dull to watch for 99% of the season so it's not enough.

But for now, we just need some stability and results.

Status
Not open for further replies.