The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Looking back to when he arrived I think most on here were pretty happy and when we won those trophies, I thought we had made a good platform to build on, but deep down I think we all knew it would turn to shit.
I changed my vote from 'give him time' to 'feck off' last week.
I used to wake up at 4 and 5am to watch matches live but just can't be arsed with the last three in charge. Losing is one thing but the way we lose leaves me fecking angry all day. I have 17 five year old kids to teach and hate greeting them in a bad mood in the morning.
Just feck off Mourinho.

Andersons Dietician

Most will probably chip in for his flight to Madrid, even get him first class.

For the life of me, I can’t quite work out why on earth Real would want him back, also be quite funny after his comments about Pep running away from the league due to him, to end up being in the same league and getting handled with ease. If he leaves and doesn’t get another club in this country even funnier.

red4ever 79

Looking back to when he arrived I think most on here were pretty happy and when we won those trophies, I thought we had made a good platform to build on, but deep down I think we all knew it would turn to shit.
I changed my vote from 'give him time' to 'feck off' last week.
I used to wake up at 4 and 5am to watch matches live but just can't be arsed with the last three in charge. Losing is one thing but the way we lose leaves me fecking angry all day. I have 17 five year old kids to teach and hate greeting them in a bad mood in the morning.
Just feck off Mourinho.
You need to move to comedy mode. We were discussing this last week on here. It's the next stage for a Utd fan. Don't take all this too seriously. Ed is not a footballing man Mourinho is done here, half the players are not good enough, and this season is a write off. There is no point taking it too much to heart and letting it ruin your life. Sit back and take in the comedy value for what it really is right now - a club that is an absolute shambles from top to bottom. Even in the games there are golden moments to be found with Lukaku, Matic and Young playing. Trust me you will feel better

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You need to move to comedy mode. We were discussing this last week on here. It's the next stage for a Utd fan. Don't take all this too seriously. Ed is not a footballing man Mourinho is done here, half the players are not good enough, and this season is a write off. There is no point taking it too much to heart and letting it ruin your life. Sit back and take in the comedy value for what it really is right now - a club that is an absolute shambles from top to bottom. Even in the games there are golden moments to be found with Lukaku, Matic and Young playing. Trust me you will feel better
Agreed, I couldn't believe it but I found myself almost hysterically laughing when they scored the free kick.

Somehow though Mourinho is like a cat with 9 lives, although he's probably on about 15 by now. You know things need changing once you're getting used to bad results.

SirAF

Ageist
Most will probably chip in for his flight to Madrid, even get him first class.

For the life of me, I can’t quite work out why on earth Real would want him back, also be quite funny after his comments about Pep running away from the league due to him, to end up being in the same league and getting handled with ease. If he leaves and doesn’t get another club in this country even funnier.

Why would he even want another club in England if he can get Real? No other clubs outside of United and Chelsea would appeal in the PL either.

Perseus

Brighton has better squad than us mate . Did you not see how they dealt with us early this seaosn?
With the terrifying pace of Glenn Murray, the subtlety of Shane Duffy and a Bong at leftback, United never really had a chance. Maybe Brighton will play their first team next time?

Xaviboy

So he has now quoted saying we haven't improved and everyone else has around us. I'm sure that's his job as a manager to improve his squad and players. It's getting out of hand now with his negativity and moaning. He is clearly looking for the payout. Just pay the gobshite off. The club's a mess from board level to management and players. Club really need to think carefully for next appointment. Get someone in on 6 month contract that will bring a buzz back and see improvement in our play. If that person excels in the 6 month then maybe offer the role on permanent basis. I would bring Laurent Blanc in for 6 months to see can he do anything with this squad. Knows the club and what Manchester Utd is about. He is currently out of work so maybe the 6 month contract might suit him or if not give it to McKenna/ Carrick until end if season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just speaking to a fellow red and good friend. Says he doesn't want him sacked until we can get rid of him on the cheap. I looked at him to check I wasn't speaking to Ed Woodward:lol:

His reasoning is why should he get a huge pay out for all the shit he's been doing to the club? He wants everybody to see how shite he is to prevent him from getting another job. Otherwise if he can't stand it he should walk. Doubt Mourinho will leave the money but could see him losing what's left of his mind if he sees his shenanigans aren't working and we don't intend to pay out his big compensation.

I dunno though, our players will probably go crazy until then.

Edit - I wonder if this is how Ed's thinking?

Greck

I think there's a greater chance tonight brings another false dawn than there is a possible sacking. Big games haven't been our problem. Heck expect a 2nd half comeback victory that will buy him 2 more months of support

SteveTheRed

I think there's a greater chance tonight brings another false dawn than there is a possible sacking. Big games haven't been our problem. Heck expect a 2nd half comeback victory that will buy him 2 more months of support
Exactly this, players might be motivated because it's Arsenal but our problem is they are not motivated to win against lower teams.

JK-27

I think many on here forget that in '89 Utd fans were so disappointed in Sir Alex they actually placed a banner at Old Trafford that read "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." Shows what fans really know.

Back the manager until he's gone.

Water Melon

Just speaking to a fellow red and good friend. Says he doesn't want him sacked until we can get rid of him on the cheap. I looked at him to check I wasn't speaking to Ed Woodward:lol:

His reasoning is why should he get a huge pay out for all the shit he's been doing to the club? He wants everybody to see how shite he is to prevent him from getting another job. Otherwise if he can't stand it he should walk. Doubt Mourinho will leave the money but could see him losing what's left of his mind if he sees his shenanigans aren't working and we don't intend to pay out his big compensation.

I dunno though, our players will probably go crazy until then.

Edit - I wonder if this is how Ed's thinking?
Mou nearly got his Chelsea team relegated and still did not resign. He won't leave Utd on his own.

Canagel

Exactly this, players might be motivated because it's Arsenal but our problem is they are not motivated to win against lower teams.
It's nothing to do with motivation. We do better recently in the big games because those teams will attack us. Mourinho has turned us into an underdog team . When the responsibility is on us to attack the small teams we struggle because there's no style of play or identity . This was apparent last season already. Go to Huddersfield and lose but go to City and win. Beat Liverpool at home but lose to West Brom etc . That's not normal for a big team

Joeace2020

I think many on here forget that in '89 Utd fans were so disappointed in Sir Alex they actually placed a banner at Old Trafford that read "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." Shows what fans really know.

Yea tell that to yourself all you want. This us 2019 and United has won 13 premier league titles under Fergie, 7 before him. Maybe you'll understand the pressure to succeed when you mull on that for a second when you make a case for a failing manager whose football has become one of the saddest things to watch. You fail to understand a progressive manager can get time even if there are dissenting voices but not a serial moaner who drains life from this beautiful game everywhere he goes. Odd trophies here and there but that's not even there anymore.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think tonight's result will have an impact on his job. He didn't seem to be under pressure in the press conference and talked about the season like he knows he will have the job for a while more.

Greck

We should continue running our club on that one exception that happened 30 years ago?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'm curious to see what he does if he gets fired.
That'll be 3rd club in a row where he lost his job... or is it 4th time, Chelsea twice?
His reputation must be so damaged now.

dove

And others forget (or don't know at all) that we were on over 20 years without a league title and in Liverpool's shadow. Today we are one of the richest, most supported and even the biggest according to some (deluded ones), so why should we accept mediocrity just because of something that has happened 30 years ago and is completely irrelevant to current situation?

Patrick220571

Except that Ferguson was involved in improving all aspects of the club, scouting, the academy, training facilities in which we were trailing our rivals. From the outside, the fans couldn't see what Fergie was doing and were simply judging him on results. That work, as we now know, reaped serious dividends.

Mourinho's brief didn't go beyond making the first team competitive, and two and half years and £400 million later, we look as bad as we did under Moyes.

Robbie Boy

Terrible comparison with zero context.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm curious to see what he does if he gets fired.
That'll be 3rd club in a row where he lost his job... or is it 4th time, Chelsea twice?
His reputation must be so damaged now.
He’s never been fired. He has always left by «mutual consent».

Last edited:

FrantikChicken

He's closer to being 20 than he is to being 19, let alone 18 years of age.
And that reaffirms your point how exactly? You expect a 19yr old to hop in and be the leading RB at man Utd? And regardless of his age, he can't possibly play if he's injured now can he

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I don't understand his point, we didn't lose players and we brought new ones. So what is the explanation for not getting better?
Yeah and he explicitly mentions wrt Spurs that “the best investment is keeping your top players”. We also added Sanchez in January, and as far as I recall...we didn’t lose any of our top players?

Sereques

He's lost his mind completely and time to let him go. He think everyone got better by buying new players and Spurs got better because they kept their best players but Man United didn't. I don't remember him losing top players from the group he had last season and he also bought players.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Solari is probably the one leaking that to the press in order to get the best out of his players.
:lol:
Christ Jose, will you get off the caf & get to figuring out how to get these players playing well tonight!
:lol:
Aye, I dislike very little else more than United fans using SAF to somehow compare him to Mourinho in some positive type way. FFS. It’s Sir Alex Ferguson.

“But SAF criticized a player in public. SAF was signed duds. SAF fell out with players” etc etc.

JK-27

How is it zero context? Fans wanted a manager out, held banners stating that fact, yet that manager went on to become our most successful manager ever. Fans can't predict the future.

This board is filled with glory hunters and kids who don't have any experience of life outside of Manchester United winning titles. The rest of us have been around through the bad, through the thick and thin, and we support regardless. Some people on here really don't understand what support means.

Baxter

Been a while since that came up.

NYAS

Most successful manager we've had since SAF left, and one of the most successful managers of all time. What have you done in the game exactly?
Without a doubt one of the most mind-boggling and irritating features of Caf arguments of late. Posters questioning another’s poster’s legitimacy to criticise a public figure by asking about what they’ve done in that public figure’s field.

That poster isn’t competing with Mourinho. He’s not a manager of one of the top clubs in the world. Why are you asking him what he’s done in the game? What’s the relevance of that question? You’re basically saying that unless Person A has been through the same experiences and is competing with Person B, A cannot evaluate or criticise B. Do you understand what follows that logic?

Looking back on it, us common folk were never European politicians in the 1930’s and 40’s, so we really should give Hitler a break. What could we know about genocides? Maybe the guy was just misunderstood. He must have been doing it for the greater good. Either way, I can’t really tell. Because what have I done in the 1930’s European political arena?

Robbie Boy

Aye, I dislike very little else more than United fans using SAF to somehow compare him to Mourinho in some positive type way. FFS. It’s Sir Alex Ferguson.

“But SAF criticized a player in public. SAF was signed duds. SAF fell out with players” etc etc.
It really is ridiculous and I’ve seen a lot of it from the pro-Mourinho camp. It’s actually downright disappointing that fans have to resort to comparisons as there are literally none.

Suvvernmanc

How is it zero context? Fans wanted a manager out, held banners stating that fact, yet that manager went on to become our most successful manager ever. Fans can't predict the future.

This board is filled with glory hunters and kids who don't have any experience of life outside of Manchester United winning titles. The rest of us have been around through the bad, through the thick and thin, and we support regardless. Some people on here really don't understand what support means.
The 75% on here that want Jose out are glory hunters and kids.? You couldn't get much more patronizing.

Theonas

Scout
There was animosity toward Moyes and LVG as well, it's not like fans were upset they left is it. And claiming fans would be happy with the same results with a different manager is blatantly not true. Imagine if it was Allardyce getting these results, this place would be in absolute meltdown.
The atmosphere Mourinho created in this club is nowhere near any what another manager is even capable of. The man is the best manager in the history of Chelsea and they still boo him. That's almost impressive in its own strange way. So no, animosity from fans is one thing, the poison around the club is something completely different.

Don't make your own silly interpretations. I never said fans would be happy so try to stick to what's in the post. What I wrote is the problem with Mourinho goes beyond simply the results and atrocious football. He creates division and his very presence is toxic. My point is eliminating that toxicity would be in itself an improvement. Would it make fans happy? Eventually, the only thing that does that is results or at least decent football. But for the short term? Definitely, yes. Not having to listen to his vile nonsense would be a welcome change.

Status
Not open for further replies.