The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Miller

Mourinho in.

Yet again he has set the team up for success but the players have let him down with individual mistakes.
We should have won this game if the players performed up to the standarts of Manchester United football club.
I mean what else can he do when his team conceide 2 goals in such pathetic ways?

We were the better team tonight, Mourinho had Emery's numbers, sad we didn't get 3 points.
De Gea saved the day again.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We're 8th..... and 8 points off top four..

Cloud7

Pogba has been our best player for most of the season and the fans have eaten up Mourinho’s excrement and turned against him. Really can’t blame him for pushing for a move now. It’s one thing to be hung out to dry by the manager time and time again, but when the entire stadium reacts like that to the words of a failing manager, then what’s the point really?

Chairman Steve

He’s in his 3rd season and I don’t think he has a clue what his best XI is. That’s pretty much a red flag that it’s not working out here.

It’s like he puts DDG and Matic in his definites, then everyone’s drawn out a hat on the morning of the game.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Horrified by that tbh. It all looks like a calculated move by Mourinho now.
And notice he put Pogba on with the more immobile players..? Of course he was hardly going to get anything going with Lukaku and Fellaini...

Drifter

American
Armchair critics having a go at match going fans for booing a player, who chooses to turn up when he feels like it.

Joseunited

He should go,No win since the 3rd November, facing Fulham and then Liverpool,we'll be mid-table by Xmas.That is a disgrace for this club.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I struggle to see how some fans think a new manager can do anything different with our players. For 5 seasons and more we've all been saying we have players in our squad who aren't good enough for Utd, players signed under previous managers. Some of those players are still here (Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Young, Fellaini, Valencia, Darmian).

We have players who have played inconsistently for several seasons despite changes in manager (Mata, Lingard, Herrera). And we have players not playing to their potential now (Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial).

So of a first team squad of 26, we have 7 players we all think shouldn't get anywhere near a Utd shirt to begin with (and personally I could add others to the list - McTominay for example), 3 players who have only ever played inconsistently for Utd, and 4 players out of form. So more than half the available squad aren't performing or were never capable of performing to Utd standards. That won't change because a new manager comes in because we're on our third manager to date and still suffering.

We need a clear out of players, which Jose started, but we need it much faster, and we need to invest in better quality players. And investment does mean proven quality players. Look at our RB situation, we have a past it Valencia backed up by an inexperienced Dalot. That is a daft position to be in.
We can give money to a new manager that knows how to buy players. Not managers that buy Sanchez, Mikhitaryan, Fred, Lukaku and Baily.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Pathetic yet again. Turning crowd against Pogba also. Unbelievable. Hate his fecking guts
Unbelievable really.

They boo Pogba, taking Mourinho's side, and yet they're the ones chanting "attack, attack, attack."

Unbelievable.

shahzy

Pogba has been our best player for most of the season and the fans have eaten up Mourinho’s excrement and turned against him. Really can’t blame him for pushing for a move now. It’s one thing to be hung out to dry by the manager time and time again, but when the entire stadium reacts like that to the words of a failing manager, then what’s the point really?
yeh for his sake i hope if and when he does leave he turns into the world beater we know he can be. Gee those top reds will feel mighty fine supporting a sacked manager at that point. Delusional really

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This must be the first time you've blamed Jose for anything :lol:,even with it being in jest
I've blamed Jose for lots of things.

I don't like his insistence on Matic, I don't like him mouthing off in foreign interviews (even though he did back-track on it), I don't like some of the things he says in press conferences.

It's got nothing to do with Pogba though - that guy was overrated since the day he came and I've been calling it since before the transfer was made.

Patrick08

Fans are best judges.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Unbelievable really.

They boo Pogba, taking Mourinho's side, and yet they're the ones chanting "attack, attack, attack."

Unbelievable.
And booing is supposed to be a big taboo. Apparently not for certain players.

Rolaholic

Shows for far our standards have fallen really,we've become Liverpool pre-FSG

Patrick08

I get Jose's frustrations of wanting us to play quicker, so maybe don't put Fellaini in the midfield and slow it right down?
Our lethargic mid can't play quicker against quicker opponents who can move, a child can make it out, but apparently he can't.

badkins

Let's check our results since his recent inteview after derby defeat about 8 games, 24 possible points and being near top 4 after Christmas.

0-0 (H) Crystal Palace, pathetic performance
2-2 (A) Southampton, another pathetic performance against broken team, whose manager got fired afterwards
2-2 (H) Arsenal

In the Champions Leage 1-0 (H) with Young Boys after another pathetic performance and lucky winner

After 15 games in the league, our goal difference is -1 (minus fecking one). Eight points to top 4 in early December.

What are we waiting for? We can't even build a decent run against lower clubs.

Cloud7

The club name should be changed to Managerchester United with the way that our fans worship the managers.

Sp00ks11

He’s in his 3rd season and I don’t think he has a clue what his best XI is. That’s pretty much a red flag that it’s not working out here.

It’s like he puts DDG and Matic in his definites, then everyone’s drawn out a hat on the morning of the game.
This is the big red flag to me to, 3 seasons in and hes made 40+ changes to his starting line up.

Pogba his 89 million pound signing - bench
Fred his 50 million pound signing - not in squad
Lukaku 75+ million - bench
Mkhitaryan - on Arsenals bench :lol:

The board shouldn’t give him another penny he clearly doesn’t know what hes doing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Did the crowd boo Fellaini when he came on? Did they Boo Lukaku? Open your eyes.
Lukaku isn't mouthing off to the media against the manager and the club to suit his poor form. Pogba plays shit and has a series of unnecessary remarks scattered this season to the press to compliment it. It's obviously going to grind on the fans more.

Why the feck should Fellaini be banned? He's not half as bad as Pogba has been.

For what it's worth Im against boo-ing, but to blame Mourinho on it is weird given the reasons above.

Mainoldo

Lukaku isn't mouthing off to the media against the manager and the club to suit his poor form. Pogba plays shit and has a series of unnecessary remarks scattered this season to the press to compliment it. It's obviously going to grind on the fans more.

Why the feck should Fellaini be banned? He's not half as bad as Pogba has been.
Mourinho FC MOURINHO FC!!!! Send me a link to the club website please I want to by the T-shirt.

Seij

8th in the league with -1 GD after 15 games. 6 wins out of 15 games.

Standards have fallen so low that people are happy these days with drawing Arsenal at home. Each time Mourinho seems to be on the verge of completely losing support from the fans, he gets a "result" like this and the Newcastle game and his managerial life at United gets extended further.

R'hllor

Whole thing about Pogba makes no sense if you dont react the same towards some other players who were even more awful then Pogba himself. Only difference they are on different side of manager and for that crowd is bunch of clowns. Then again no surprise much there, one instance they taking pictures of Dybala while we are 0:1, other buying scarfs of JM 3 years ago, mocking Fellaini vs Valencia etc.

r0663664

Worships Man City
We can give money to a new manager that knows how to buy players. Not managers that buy Sanchez, Mikhitaryan, Fred, Lukaku and Baily.
Hiring a new manager now will not do wonder but it is essential. Jose cannot galvanize the team, the team is not responding with current performance. This is clear to see. Look at the job, Klopp is doing. He made average players good and good players great. We had a manager like that which is Sir Alex. With the likes of O’Shea, Brown, Fletcher, Neville brother and we were challenging for titles. I think we need to sack Jose and sign a new manager who has the confidence to steer his ship right. Just looks at Arsenal, they just hire “right” person. I think they might sneak into TOP 4.

Siorac

Mourinho FC MOURINHO FC!!!! Send me a link to the club website please I want to by the T-shirt.
Arguing with VP89 about Pogba is about as fruitful as arguing with CA1 about Mourinho. You have but one life on this Earth, man.

Jezpeza

He should go but that’s the tip of the iceberg. In 5 years time after another raft of managers we’ll still have people wondering why we are so bad and half that shit that makes the squad up and Woodward and co will still be here

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Arguing with VP89 about Pogba is about as fruitful as arguing with CA1 about Mourinho. You have but one life on this Earth, man.
Yeah, I don't rate Pogba. And because I don't rate him as highly as the caf bones him, I must be blinded by hatrid for the man - right?

The debate I've made today has nothing to do with Mourinho (who I think deserves a big juicy sack if he fails to secure Champions League football) but OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.