The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

Mourinho only wants yes men; Pogba's performances aren't the issue.
Yes, that's true, but do we even think Pogba wasn't willing to be a yes man for him?

I feel he's being made a big scapegoat to prove points to various entities. He tried to do this with Martial and Shaw but it didn't work out the way he'd have liked it to.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The window for sacking him has come and gone imo.
It would be a tall order for a new coach to get us too four now.
Why pay an extra £10m for something unlikely? That's how those cnuts will be thinking.

freeurmind

weak willed
It's clear they're not going to sack him till the end of the season. Might as well just support the team till then. I want Jose gone but the need for some to always put a negative spin on good performances is a bit weird.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yes, that's true, but do we even think Pogba wasn't willing to be a yes man for him?

I feel he's being made a big scapegoat to prove points to various entities. He tried to do this with Martial and Shaw but it didn't work out the way he'd have liked it to.
Plus, Mourinho possibly wants the transfer cash so he can sign Dunga or someone suitably ancient.

Last edited:

Spoony

The People's President
He's too egotistical to take on new ideas or hire folk with a different outlook. Adapt or die....feckers!

Greck

The window for sacking him has come and gone imo.
It would be a tall order for a new coach to get us too four now.
Why pay an extra £10m for something unlikely? That's how those cnuts will be thinking.
I think so too. Then I consider the January transfer window. Are we going to give money to a man about to be sacked? Because he certainly seems to expect it. He could end up buying someone the next manager doesn't want. On the other hand if we give him nothing he's going to rally serious fan unrest. Keeping him longer then needed is such a dangerous game because of his personality

SirAF

Ageist
I think so too. Then I consider the January transfer window. Are we going to give money to a man about to be sacked? Because he certainly seems to expect it. He could end up buying someone the next manager doesn't want. On the other hand if we give him nothing he's going to rally serious fan unrest. Keeping him longer then needed is such a dangerous game because of his personality
If the club manage to sign a player like Koulibaly (which will be a tall order tbf) then that will benefit the club regardless of who is the next manager.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's too egotistical to take on new ideas or hire folk with a different outlook.
Yup. If he did so, he'd then have to share the credit for our magnificent and glorious successes. Ahem...

el3mel

Apparently we're the only club who buys players to please the current manager. As far as I'm concerned other clubs buy players regardless of who is the current or next manager according to a strategy.

If Mourinho asked for a target and the club feels it'll benefit us long term after he leaves, why shouldn't we spend ? If he asks for a target that you believe isn't worth it, it won't be the first time you veto a signing for him anyway.

Also, there's nothing guarantee that the next manager's targets will be great and spot on btw.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mourinho lost me the moment he got obsessed with this 'hardworking and height' mantra. First of all because no club can win serious honours by utilising a Big Sam mentality. Secondly, if by some miracle that system does work, I wouldn't want United to use it. Its far too painful for me to watch.

So irrespective if he makes it to top 4 or not, I hope he fecks off and take all his donkeys (Lukaku, Matic, Fellaini and co) with him

MDFC Manager

I don't like Mourinho and want him gone, but no player should be undermining the manager in public like that.
Oh come on, what Pogba said was completely innocuous. Only an insecure, small-man like Mourinho would take offense to something like that.

devilish

Apparently we're the only club who buys players to please the current manager. As far as I'm concerned other clubs buy players regardless of who is the current or next manager according to a strategy.

If Mourinho asked for a target and the club feels it'll benefit us long term after he leaves, why shouldn't we spend ? If he asks for a target that you believe isn't worth it, it won't be the first time you veto a signing for him anyway.

Also, there's nothing guarantee that the next manager's targets will be great and spot on btw.
Weeeelll, that's a rather complex subject. First of all, there would be question marks whether we truly lack quality in that area or is it down to the manager's mismanagement. Secondly, a club would probably refuse to spend serious money on a target put forward by a dead man walking, preferring instead to allow the new manager a say were the money is spent instead.

Having said that the club might still sanction the deal if

a- the signing is too good to let pass (ex a top player whose being offered on a very affordable fee)
b- we had a top DOF who can analyse our team, the prospective signing set of skills and conclude that the new manager would like to have that new player
c- we can somehow communicate with our new manager and he gives us the go ahead for the deal

devilish

I don't like Mourinho and want him gone, but no player should be undermining the manager in public like that.
Pogba said that we should be playing more attacking football. If Mou interpreted that as an insult, then he's really at the wrong club. Maybe he should consider going to Stoke instead. He can easily take Fellaini, Matic, Lukaku and all those lot of workrate & lack of talent/brains players he likes so much with him as well.

LoneStar

I think the next manager we should hire should be someone who’s comfortable with developing youngsters.

We have a decent core of young players in our team, and some exciting talents in the reserve teams as well (haven’t seen them personally, but this is based on fellow posters).

el3mel

Weeeelll, that's a rather complex subject. First of all, there would be question marks whether we truly lack quality in that area or is it down to the manager's mismanagement. Secondly, a club would probably refuse to spend serious money on a target put forward by a dead man walking, preferring instead to allow the new manager a say were the money is spent instead.

Having said that the club might still sanction the deal if

a- the signing is too good to let pass (ex a top player whose being offered on a very affordable fee)
b- we had a top DOF who can analyse our team, the prospective signing set of skills and conclude that the new manager would like to have that new player
c- we can somehow communicate with our new manager and he gives us the go ahead for the deal
We shouldn't be signing players totally based on a manager's view. How can you know the next manager's view of the team will be true and accurate ? How will you know if his targets are spot on ?

You see a position we lack in, you sign players in it, regardless of who's managing the club. You shouldn't be living and dying with the managers' choice.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He lives on.
How tragic.
What ever people's views, just remember it is another human being we are talking about.

A lot of the language posted against him is very unfortunate.
I completely understand people's frustration with the lack of real progress this season; I feel that too but we need to keep things in perspective.

Humans are fallible and human make mistakes especially when under the extreme pressure that he undoubtedly is.
But some of the rubbish said about him such as he is trying to get the sack is quite bizarre.

Aloysius's Back 3

What ever people's views, just remember it is another human being we are talking about.

A lot of the language posted against him is very unfortunate.
I completely understand people's frustration with the lack of real progress this season; I feel that too but we need to keep things in perspective.

Humans are fallible and human make mistakes especially when under the extreme pressure that he undoubtedly is.
But some of the rubbish said about him such as he is trying to get the sack is quite bizarre.
This is true - but then there is also karma to deal with. Its his bad actions that tend to lead to the bad backlash he tends to have to deal with.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This is true - but then there is also karma to deal with. Its his bad actions that tend to lead to the bad backlash he tends to have to deal with.
Sure. I understand that and I for one dislike some of his actions.
But that is Jose and I believe that as our results (hopefully) improve we will see more clear thinking and less of him trying to justify every thing he does and every word he says.

Extreme pressure makes people act irrationality.

devilish

We shouldn't be signing players totally based on a manager's view. How can you know the next manager's view of the team will be true and accurate ? How will you know if his targets are spot on ?

You see a position we lack in, you sign players in it, regardless of who's managing the club. You shouldn't be living and dying with the managers' choice.
I agree but to do so we need a DOF. We currently lack that.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Mourinho lost me the moment he got obsessed with this 'hardworking and height' mantra. First of all because no club can win serious honours by utilising a Big Sam mentality. Secondly, if by some miracle that system does work, I wouldn't want United to use it. Its far too painful for me to watch.

So irrespective if he makes it to top 4 or not, I hope he fecks off and take all his donkeys (Lukaku, Matic, Fellaini and co) with him
Deschamps literally won a world cup by starting hardworking players all over the pitch and a striker whose only strength is being stall
This philosophy is legit and can win trophies with the right players.

devilish

Deschamps literally won a world cup by starting hardworking players all over the pitch and a striker whose only strength is being stall
So you're saying that Matic, Lingard, Fellaini and Lukaku are United's answer to France's Kante, Griezmann, Pogba and Mbappe? Cause these are the sort of players Mou rely upon/had bought for the club.

RedNed77

You see, this is the typical case of a naive arrogant United fan. Not that you'll be happy to sell your best midfielder, but you'are ready to strengthen a rival by selling to them as if it was that easy to replace a player of Pogba's caliber. We spent almost 8 years struggling to get a genuine midfielder as soon as we get one, some people are happy to see the back of him just because an incompetent manager is trying to deflect the attention from the awful job he's doing by scapegoating a player who has no precedent of mentality problems; if a win against a crap Fulham is enough proof that we don't need Pogba, then you need help.

Fans like you were ready to sell Martial and Shaw, thanks to Woodward standing against Mourinho's will. Then you'll be the first to question Woodward's football knowledge; at least him knows the value of a talented players.

This would have made sense if the manager was doing everything for the badge and the fans. A good leader leads by example. Is Mourinho a good model for you?
I would probably let Martial and Shaw go if the circumstances are right. Both have good potential but, for the same reasons i'd let Pogba go, they're good but not United players. Nothing naive about it or anything to get hysterical about. I just dont like any of the three as United players. I think we can find a better fit in all three cases.

Regarding your point about strengthening a rival, Mata was Chelseas POTY for 2 year running prior to them "strengthening" us by selling him to us for £37m, Sanchez was arguably Arsenals best player prior to them selling him to us and "strengthening" us.

68Guns

Whats the delay in bringing the inevitable? Jose is a goner as far as United are concerned. We sacked Moyes after 10 months and his 2 buys are still at the club (Mata, Fellaini)
Jose has spunked millions on dross, couldn't manage to fart nevermind manage a football team, his tactical awareness is now zilch and he never accepts blame when we get stuffed.
He calls the shots, he picks the team, he gets paid millions, hes gotta go. tara

Minimalist

Sounds like Mourinho should fcuk off and manage an international team? Win-Win?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

So you're saying that Matic, Lingard, Fellaini and Lukaku are United's answer to France's Kante, Griezmann, Pogba and Mbappe? Cause these are the sort of players Mou rely upon/had bought for the club.
You're being dishonest here.
Our answer to Kante is supposedly Matic, I agree that he's not good enough for the job.
We happen to also have Paul Pogba.
Lukaku is better than Giroud.

Giroud,Matuidi,Kante,Pavard,Hernandez (CB who was played at RB for more defensive solidity)
These are all players whose strength are more on the defensive side be it through workrate or physicality.
Add to the equation that Griezmann is a workhorse and Pogba isn't lacking anything in the height department either.

Sounds like Mourinho should fcuk off and manage an international team? Win-Win?
Maybe he should if the board isn't willing to back him up with the players he wants yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.