The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

Calibre? He’s relatively unproven.

If there’s a chance other more preferable managers will be available in summer it makes sense to have a temp.
I’m not saying Zidane will go for that but it’s not unfeasible.
Come on. He's one of the most well-known names in football, a legend of a player who just won three Champions League trophies on the trot. I understand if someone has reservations whether he's cut out for this kind of job - I'm not sure either - but he sure as hell won't take a job where he's expected to audition for it first with some short-term contract. His stock is way higher than that.

laughtersassassin

I couldn't care if Jose get sacked now or the end of the season but we must not wipe out his achivements over a bad first half of the season. He got dealt a raw hand in the summer and we now seeing the consequences. Our anger should be aimed at Woodward and the other morons running this club, not Mourinho.
You blind mate?

Minimalist

:lol: flipping out at Shreeves now.

Normally I don't like those sorts of questions but right now, it's a question that's been coming for about 3months now.

ZlatMan

LVG and Jose have had their moments, but it's crumbled away.
There's other managers who have spent way less and managed to produce a much better style of play, so we need to get one of those!

Obviously easier said than done, but Arsenal and Chelsea's managers have come in and suddenly made a good improvement in half a season.
To be honest, their squads are vastly superior and can least make simple five yard passes. We have mid table players that Zidane even can't fix. This need a huge overhaul and purge in next summer.

waza7111

If he is sacked, it will be interesting to see who takes over. The likes of Jardim, Zidane, Conte won't accept a temporary position. If we appoint a caretaker like Carrick or McKenna, it could be a sign that the club is looking to appoint someone who is already under contract. My guess would be Pochettino.

PoTMS

He's one of the worst managers in the PL right now. In fact, the only managers I rate as worse than him currently managing a PL side are Hodgson, Warnock, Hughton and Wagner.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
On your own there.

Mourinho is a horrible little man. Nothing humorous about it at all.
I find humour in some of the things he says, he’s eccentric. “If I speak, I will be in big big trouble” is meme gold for me that I use in my group chats. Same with LVG.

The man needs to have gone in like September.

Canagel

Let's just keep getting the managers Chelsea sack, nothing can go wrong :lol:
I'd take him until the end of the season. As interim only. Not full time. But I would rather Jardim who's been my first choice for long time and is also available

redshaw

Moyesinho is an insult to David Moyes.

The poisonous one needs to be sacked. Said it before but I would've sacked him during the summer if we don't want him buying players. I fully expected him to trash and sour the place, it's been going on since pre-season.

These lineups and formations are fecking ridiculous, has been since Spurs at home. We can't get a rhythm or team ethic going, our only hope under poor coaching.

kiristao

It's an incredible job, but we all feared it after the dreadful summer transfer window.
We are only 1 point ahead of Wolves and 2 ahead of Everton.. lack of a CB signing cannot be used as an excuse for our current position. Spurs didn't sign a single player and had finished behind us last season.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

If there’s a chance other more preferable managers will be available in summer it makes sense to have a temp.
I’m not saying Zidane will go for that but it’s not unfeasible.
Zidane is unproven? Hmmmmm......

BalanceUnAutreJoint

You must be joking right?
He's won more trophies in 2 years and half than every other in Madrid's history bar ONE.
And when you put it in context he accomplished what nobody else has ever accomplished winning 3 UCLs in a row.

AndyJ1985

I couldn't care if Jose get sacked now or the end of the season but we must not wipe out his achivements over a bad first half of the season. He got dealt a raw hand in the summer and we now seeing the consequences. Our anger should be aimed at Woodward and the other morons running this club, not Mourinho.
Your tongue couldn't be any further up Mourinho's hole

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Liverpool had the most shots today (36) in two years.

As I said before the game, I don't mind us sitting back, as long as we're a threat on the counter. Apart from a couple of decent moments, we had nothing going forward.

Jose is a coward and needs to go.
He set us up like we were Huddersfield Town. No creativity in midfield at all, it's so bad watching us under him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Win Rate This Season in All Comps:
  1. Manchester City - 80.8%
  2. Liverpool - 70.8%
  3. Chelsea - 69.2%
  4. Tottenham - 68.0%
  5. Arsenal - 68.0%
  6. Bournemouth - 50.0%
  7. West Ham Utd - 45.0%
  8. Leicester - 45.0%
  9. Wolverhampton - 42.1%
  10. Watford - 42.1%
  11. Manchester Utd - 41.7%
  12. Everton - 36.8%
  13. Brighton - 33.3%
  14. Crystal Palace - 30.0%
  15. Newcastle - 22.2%
  16. Cardiff - 22.2%
  17. Burnley - 20.8%
  18. Southampton - 20.0%
  19. Fulham - 20.0%
  20. Huddersfield - 11.1%

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I really wish people would stop spouting this nonsense.
It's bizarre. We've seen countless examples of clubs who've been in disarray behind the scenes with player power running rampant who've recovered almost immediately after sacking their manager. In fact, there's a fairly good example of it happening at Chelsea when they sacked...Mourinho!

Individual players sometimes clash with a manager and that's fine - if the manager is doing alright, you back the manager, provided the player in question isn't, like, literally Messi or Ronaldo or someone like that. But when a manager consistently falls out with a number of players, it's probably him that's the problem.

Foxbatt

Can anyone defend Jose now? I still can't believe that people defend him. He is the one who bought most of the players and it is the players he bought that is the worst now in Lukaku and Matic. He has got to go.

Siorac

Again: the team that had finished second signed a promising RB and a 50m midfielder and lost no one. That's not a raw hand, that's just an underwhelming transfer window. It doesn't justify having a goal difference of 0, being 11 points off fourth (and 19 points off top) after 17 games.

He has to be sacked before he does further damage.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, I like Mourinho and I'm dissappointed this season has gone so badly.
I think when he wasn't adequately backed this summer it was never going to work, and we've been shocking.
I think fans are sick of him now, the one thing I think we all agree on is we need to go back to what made United strong, attacking, exciting football.
It's easy to envision Woodward and his hired goons getting it wrong with the next appointment anyway though, it's a shame.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Agree. Jardim is available, has a decent record in league, and CL, and has brought through a number of talented players from the youth ranks, EXACTLY what we need. Give him a 2.5 year contract, which should be enough to evaluate the current squad, promote some academy players, and gives him a few transfer windows to bring in the final pieces in the jigsaw.
Exactly what I'm thinking. The more I think about it the more it makes sense.
Ed's office isn't too far from mine. I feel like going down there and giving him a bloody lecture!:D

But seriously, he's a proper coach. No histrionics from him. He won't have any pressure for the rest of the season and would get the best out of Martial and Pogba, Mata etc. Plus, he can bring through the youths. For a long time since CO92 we haven't had such promising youth prospects, and we shouldn't let that go to waste. Get a manager in who will promote them. I just can't with our board. Fecking finance corporate directors get on top of my tits.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Achievements?:lol:

Finishing 2nd and winning the Europa League. Magnificent!

astracrazy

Get this virus out of our club. Jesus, what do the board and Ed see that we don't to keep him around.

What is the support like with the match day goers? Didn't Jose claim they still sing for him?

FujiVice

He's shite. He's completely shown himself up these last 12 months. His signings, his man management, his tactics, his attitude towards the job in general, the way acts after a defeat or a win. He's a manchild. Completely out of his depth when he's at a big club who demands more than shit football and excuses.

Kag

To be honest, their squads are vastly superior and can least make simple five yard passes. We have mid table players that Zidane even can't fix. This need a huge overhaul and purge in next summer.
:lol: This is what we're dealing with. Arsenal with better players for feck sake. Mourinho has done a right job on you lot.

Minimalist

Yeah, I like Mourinho and I'm dissappointed this season has gone so badly.
I think when he wasn't adequately backed this summer it was never going to work, and we've been shocking.
I think fans are sick of him now, the one thing I think we all agree on is we need to go back to what made United strong, attacking, exciting football.
It's easy to envision Woodward and his hired goons getting it wrong with the next appointment anyway though, it's a shame.
Genuinely weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.