The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Jones

Can't understand people criticising Mourinho for leaving Pogba on the bench.
Pogba had shown huge disrespect to the club. He is far more interested in his image than performing on the pitch for United. Doesn't matter who the manager is, if that kind of player attitude is tolerated it will be a disaster.

Do you honestly believe SAF would have tolerated Pogba's antics? No, Pogba would have been sidelined and Gill would have backed SAF in selling Pogba ASAP.

That is the major difference between then and now. Gill/SAF had a mutual trust and understanding. We don't have that now. And it will be the same whoever comes next after Mourinho.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJM78

26 points from 51. 29 goals conceded in 17 games. 19 points off top. Divided dressing room. Ashley Young captain. Jose still here.
Merry fecking Christmas.

kps88

Conte self destructed after one season when he wasn't given the investment he wanted. A tennis ball on a stick looks a better option than Jose at the moment, but let's not go crazy.

No quality manager is going to jump ship in the middle of the season because all of them are in the middle of successful seasons. Our best bet is to get a caretaker like Carrick and assess things towards the end of the season. Things can change very quickly in football and there might be some good options available in the few months.

Siorac

It's bizarre. We've seen countless examples of clubs who've been in disarray behind the scenes with player power running rampant who've recovered almost immediately after sacking their manager. In fact, there's a fairly good example of it happening at Chelsea when they sacked...Mourinho!

Individual players sometimes clash with a manager and that's fine - if the manager is doing alright, you back the manager, provided the player in question isn't, like, literally Messi or Ronaldo or someone like that. But when a manager consistently falls out with a number of players, it's probably him that's the problem.
No no, it can't be the manager. It was the Real Madrid squad and the Chelsea squad and now the Manchester United squad. They are all, independent of each other, at complete fault for not thanking their lucky stars for the chance to work together with the one and only José Mourinho, God's greatest gift to football.

Bola

No one believes that everything will be alright but I watch lots of teams with lesser players playing a better brand of football . It's a joke that this team has 26 points grom 48 while playing dire football with no clear plan
Southampton today have also shown us what a new manager can do in changing the outlook at a club.

They are dire against us a few weeks back (it's not hard for relegation fodder to go 2 up against us), but looked very good against Arsenal.

Play attacking football and play youth, then fans will be happy this season. Meanwhile we sort out the club for next season, including making plans to offload the deadweight

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I couldn't care if Jose get sacked now or the end of the season but we must not wipe out his achivements over a bad first half of the season. He got dealt a raw hand in the summer and we now seeing the consequences. Our anger should be aimed at Woodward and the other morons running this club, not Mourinho.
I do agree with this. But, Jose needs to be sacked asap and replaced by Jardim or Zidane.
Jose can't turn this around.

Attempting to park the bus, when we are crap at using that tactic, is suicide.
I can't believe that someone of Jose's tactical nous has not worked this out.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Shreeves's questions were fair, and Jose's responses were about as good as could be expected. He has his pride and it can't have been good having to go on TV to defend this mess.

That being said he's played a key role in the formulation of said mess, it's over for him here and he needs to go.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Conte self destructed after one season when he wasn't given the investment he wanted. A tennis ball on a stick looks a better option than Jose at the moment, but let's not go crazy.
Agreed. Would not be happy with Conte at all I think it would show once again that the club has no direction.

I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in an interim manager at all. It would give us time to asses our options and then bring in a long term manager in the summer.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Genuinely weird to me.
He's a good manager and he's won a shit ton at other clubs, it just hasn't worked here with us; it doesn't make me hate him as a person.
I can understand why he rubs some people the wrong way though.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
No party, only sorrow. Many of us would have kicked Mou out a long time ago. I seriously don't have a clue what is the hold up, the reason to not sack him. Cant be money, that would be ridiculous.
I did read in this forum that to sack him now would cost the club £40 million, if we failed to qualify for CL next season it would be £11.5 million. Not sure how true that is, but if it is I can see a scenario where Jose is doing his best to get fired now, and get that cash in his hands, rather than get the lesser sum later on. If the club had any balls they would get rid now, and pay him off.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I’m really fed up.

Conte or Zidane.
No Conte. Enough of the prima donna managers and their defence first strategies.

Get Jardim. Feck put McKenna in there with an experienced coaching staff. Just no more defensive managers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We need someone who is attacking minded and is great in man management. Those were the main two main assets SAF had and what went missing in Moyes/LVG/Moaninho. Id suggest Pochs, Zidane and Favre

el3mel

Unbelievable if he remained for the rest of the season but we know it's going to happen. Same fecking shite as under LVG when we passed the whole depressing season waiting for him to be sacked and didn't happen. I hope for God sake we're away by 20 points from top 4 by end of month and out of Fa Cup from first game so that the season is done early.

Siorac

:lol: This is what we're dealing with. Arsenal with better players for feck sake. Mourinho has done a right job on you lot.
A few weeks back some people were claiming Everton's first XI is about on par with ours.

Bogga

When we're out of CL and can't mathematically reach top 4... Then he'll get the boot

Mainoldo

Get Conte until the end of the season. I’ve been turned. He’ll be better than this.

Jazz

Something is seriously wrong with our club if we dont act now.
It's got to be the compensation. Why oh why would you give him a better contract when he's shown in his last two positions that he gets his contract extension and then he quickly implodes? That was as clear as day. Why would the board fall for that con? I really don't get it with so called educated and 'smart' finance people. Such a terrible decision!

Raw

No Conte. Enough of the prima donna managers and their defence first strategies.

Get Jardim. Feck put McKenna in there with an experienced coaching staff. Just no more defensive managers.
Yep. Just bring back attacking football and build on from there. I cannot be fecked to watch another 2 years of defensive football.

Apokalips

Jardim is historically known as a defensive coach though.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Give Jardim an audition until the end of the season. If it doesn't work. Throw the checkbook at Poch.

No point in letting this go another 6 months for the sake of 20 million.
Not sure any manager would come for half a season.

Eric's Seagull

I do agree with this. But, Jose needs to be sacked asap and replaced by Jardim or Zidane.
Jose can't turn this around.

Attempting to park the bus, when we are crap at using that tactic, is suicide.
I can't believe that someone of Jose's tactical nous has not worked this out.
To park the bus properly you need someone with a PSV licence. not sure has has one of these.

Jazz

Yep. Just bring back attacking football and build on from there. I cannot be fecked to watch another 2 years of defensive football.
Absolutely. I don't mind losing as long as we look like we're going in the right direction and building properly. The wins and trophies will come later, that is for sure.

Where can I apply for the DOF position?:D So irritating the people in charge of the club.

Raw

"Lukaku didn't have a bad game at all."

So what we saw from Lukaku today was perfectly fine for Mourinho. Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.