g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are we the only club which waits till the top 4 is gone or something similar to get it done?
I mean how big is that severance pack anyway.
Ed being incompetent again.
Well, 20m isn't nothing when you consider that it would that that you pay two managers at the same time. If you sign a manager at the same rate, you would be spending 40m on a manager for 18 months.

lsd

The Oracle
He's not going to win anything this year. Feel it in my bones. Will be gnashing his teeth come end of the season.

That's not from today's game unless they received medals for beating us

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Klopp’s got a medal round his neck, of course it’s not from today :lol: Probably after that shitty pre-season tournament they ‘won’.

Ban

Well, 20m isn't nothing when you consider that it would that that you pay two managers at the same time. If you sign a manager at the same rate, you would be spending 40m on a manager for 18 months.
Sure but trying to salvage a season and possibly, at a stretch, getting top 4 gives you CL money.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Gary Neville actually hinting the board should not have given him a new contract. As close as Neville will get to saying he's not the man.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gary Neville actually hinting the board should not have given him a new contract. As close as Neville will get to saying he's not the man.
How on earth did that lose them control?
With all the PSG rumours, and us in 2nd at the time, there wasn't loads of people saying it was foolish. They'd have got way more stick if he'd walked out for free.

Everyone has their realisation point though, maybe for G Nev it's losing appallingly to Liverpool.

vidic blood & sand

This is an idiotic way to look at it. Only 2 trophies matter. They lost the final of one last season and are currently top of the other. It's 100 times better than what could have ever been expected considering the mess Klopp inherited.

Then you get Jose bragging about trophies. The fecking league cup and the europa league that no decent club ever even wants to find themselves in. Wake the feck up.
Only two trophies matter, and they haven't won one for 29 years, and the other 14 years. Playing sexy football in the first part of the season is entertaining for their fans, but they haven't won anything yet.
Amazing how many United fans are creaming over liverpool tonight.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Absolutely incredible. We are so small time now it's incredible
We were wank and I’m not defending that shower of shite today, but I’d wager almost half of those attempts were 25-yarders. It’s not like they peppered De Gea 36 times from close range, or anything like it.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sure but trying to salvage a season and possibly, at a stretch, getting top 4 gives you CL money.
If the board thinks that the season is dead then they won't sack him, which makes sense. The longer we wait the least likely he will be sacked because the gamble becomes more difficult. The Newcastle game saved him, it was the perfect time for the board because the club had enough time to actually mount a solid comeback into top 4.

Mainoldo

How on earth did that lose them control?
With all the PSG rumours, and us in 2nd at the time, there wasn't loads of people saying it was foolish. They'd have got way more stick if he'd walked out for free.

Everyone has their realisation point though, maybe for G Nev it's losing appallingly to Liverpool.
Everyone’s clever in hindsight. Which is why the board can never win rightly or wrongly. You heard Carragher claiming Liverpool are a better run club. I don’t remember these rumblings a few years ago.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Neville is naive himself and has been for too long too.

I bet you 10000% if Salford were performing as poorly compared to their expectations and investments he would have sacked the manager months ago.

Bola

We were wank and I’m not defending that shower of shite today, but I’d wager almost half of those attempts were 25-yarders. It’s not like they peppered De Gea 36 time’s from close range, or anything like it.

There were a lot of long rangers that went aimlessly over the bar or pea-rolled to De-Gea. Saying that, our handful of shots were take as I remember

Stats can lie, but we were thoroughly outplayed in every dimension today

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone’s clever in hindsight. Which is why the board can never win rightly or wrongly. You heard Carragher claiming Liverpool are a better run club. I don’t remember these rumblings a few years ago.
Exactly. It's why the calmer posters have a been more balance. There's a lot of twaddle about how this is worse than Moyes, it's not. We've lost away at Liverpool, we've not lost repeated games at home to mid and lower league teams as per Moyes.
Some posters go the other way saying Jose going will do little - amazing! The manager sets the whole tone of the play, and we have a dreadful one.

Sanchez and Lukaku bosses league goalscoring charts not long ago. Pogba and Martial are generational talents.
Yet you wouldn't know it at all.

m1tch

I don't see him ever leading us in to a successful period, partly cause a successful period is years away at best, but mainly because the problems at United are so much more than the manager.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's incredibly that Mourinho earns around 15 mil. a season, but seems absolutely hopeless to come up with an idea on how to stabilize the ship. Pogba's been there since day one, but his impact on the team has gone backwards, why is Lukaku used as a target man, why didn't we bring in someone like Belotti if we were to hoof it? Hoeneß last season said something like a big manager -in particular Mourinho hasn't helped United to come further in reaching their goals, e.g. a premiership.

Mourinho can't complain if the club would sack him tomorrow. The season is fecked, but maybe we can still create some nice moments, would absolutely love it if we could hamper Liverpool's title chance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't see him ever leading us in to a successful period, partly cause a successful period is years away at best, but mainly because the problems at United are so much more than the manager.
A successful period doesn't have to be that far away if you have the right manager with the right style.
We have neither now.

Litch

Just read his interview comments, I'm done. Whether Liverpool are the better team or not, no Utd manager should be making that statement.....

Jacob

It's incredibly that Mourinho earns around 15 mil. a season, but seems absolutely hopeless to come up with an idea on how to stabilize the ship. Pogba's been there since day one, but his impact on the team has gone backwards, why is Lukaku used as a target man, why didn't we bring in someone like Belotti if we were to hoof it? Hoeneß last season said something like a big manager -in particular Mourinho hasn't helped United to come further in reaching their goals, e.g. a premiership.

Mourinho can't complain if the club would sack him tomorrow. The season is fecked, but maybe we can still create some nice moments, would absolutely love it if we could hamper Liverpool's title chance.
Maybe you missed the game a few hours ago?

It's out of ours hands. The title is Liverpool's to loose.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Maybe you missed the game a few hours ago?

It's out of ours hands. The title is Liverpool's to loose.
We still have a second game to play, hopefully we can beat them at home. Things are looking grim concerning Pool, i totally get that.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

gica_7

He is just a hypocrite clueless manager. No matter how bad Lukaku plays, he never criticizes him and yet, same standards never apply to Pogba. Pogba has been trash do not get me wrong. But everything that Jose does is to prove a point to someone. I just can’t stand him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Maybe it's best for him to take a sabbatical, refine his skills, update himself on leading today's generation of players, work on attacking concepts, and then take up a coaching job again. At the moment, he's simply out of his depth.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imagine we don't sack him tomorrow? We are a football club for feck sake.

Maybe it's best for him to take a sabbatical, refine his skills, update himself on leading today's generation of players, work on attacking concepts, and then take up a coaching job again. At the moment, he's simply out of his depth.
He's done he will never change

Tiber

Meh I'm not even angry. I never even had any vague hope of not being disappointed today

Tyrion

What's the choice then, go for first free big name?
Or wait till the summer and have some plan. Although I bet we have no plan whatsoever.
Yeah the only question left for me is do we sack him now or wait until the summer? We're not getting top 4 with Mourinho but I'm not sure if bringing in someone for a year would help us with that at this point.

Tyrion

We were wank and I’m not defending that shower of shite today, but I’d wager almost half of those attempts were 25-yarders. It’s not like they peppered De Gea 36 times from close range, or anything like it.
I think shots on target was 11 Liverpool vs 2 United. Not much better tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.