The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can't the Mourinho out posters feck off to discuss this in the Mourinho Out thread? It's there for a reason.
So what are you actually discussing regarding Jose? Surely there's no excuse for this and he has never ever proved that he can get out of a slump so this is just a story with one ending.

Minimalist

I hate to say it, because I think a lot of this is the media's doing, but I think that's the last straw. The season has barely begun and we're completely out of the title race and with a lot of ground to make up to even qualify for the champions league. Get someone else in, they might turn us around and get us back into the top 4 and at the very least they have plenty of time to prepare for next season.
:lol: what the feck are you talking about?

Is the BBC, Sky or Daily Mail coaching our players or something?

BlueHaze

We are gonna be 5 points of from 4th place and it's fecking september and we havn't even played a single good team yet. We still have to play City, Chelsea, and Liverpool twice. This has gone beyond embarrassing and have now become absolutely disgusting, with the squad we have we are going to fight for 5th, 6th. Who could of known a meltdown like this was about to happen Mourinhos 3rd season in.......

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I forgot to mention you! Jose was never United quality for me - I want him gone because I knew he would fail here & just been waiting for the inevitable happen FROM DAY 1. If he suprised me then fair enough - but he hasnt.

I have been waiting and it feels good that this mess is finally coming to an end and we can restart with a better manager. It's painful to watch; but Jose was always that to me - not getting the best out of the squad at his disposal.

Your telling me you are a better fan than me - supporting a dead manager who the longer he stays here - the more damage he does to our club?

Yeh right. He needs to go and manage a 'underdog team' with fans who will appreciate the wins never mind the type of player and the type of football that happens with.
I honestly don't care for your thoughts anymore, just wanted to point out you seem happier when we lose.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Do you think he wants to get sacked right now to get that compensation Money? That team selection might indicate he's doing that.

Dont think so. The knives are out already about him being one of the A list managers. . It's in his interest to turn it around.

Kag

I hate to say it, because I think a lot of this is the media's doing, but I think that's the last straw. The season has barely begun and we're completely out of the title race and with a lot of ground to make up to even qualify for the champions league. Get someone else in, they might turn us around and get us back into the top 4 and at the very least they have plenty of time to prepare for next season.
The media are to blame because Mourinho can’t coach attacking football that leads to goals?

El Zoido

Can Carrick take the job on until we find a permanent manager. I can only imagine an improvement with him.

liamp

Look, the most important thing is that he applauds the away supporters today. Everything else is secondary

Amir

What incentive would the players have playing for a caretaker? I just can’t see it cojoling this particular group of players into any semblance of honourable professionalism.
Do you not think these players want to play good football and win games? The Rashford, Martial, Lukaku and others don't want to improve?

They just need someone to help them, not block them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So what are you actually discussing regarding Jose? Surely there's no excuse for this and he has never ever proved that he can get out of a slump so this is just a story with one ending.
Of course not. It's inexcusable. He's wrong on so many fronts today.

People want to point to posters like me and accuse of blindly supporting a manager because I'm not comfortable sacking in September need their heads checked.

Spoilt bastards. Its September. I'd only really agree to sackings this early if he lost every game.

tom33

I mean that a lot of the disharmony in the club has been fuelled by the media, and that has massively affected our performances. I don't really see how anyone could argue with that?

Heinzesight

Today is the day even Jose’s staunchest of supporters have had enough of him. I’m the last one out of our group of match going reds and I’m done with him. Get rid. Awful.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
McTominay at the back, go figure that one out :lol: Specially after the "Herrera at the back" debacle vs Spurs but no he has to cry like a baby because he wasn't allowed new toys this summer. I swear he finally fecks off, it will be the same sweet feeling of freedom as when Moyes was sacked
I think it will be a similar feeling like if we signed Bale in Jnauary or any other top player. that's how good feeling it will be to get rid of the manager. Seriously why don't we hire Alan Pardew, he might might have brought Cabaye in but he wouldn't do worse than this Portuguese fraud

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

While I don't agree with him I can sort of see his point, even in pre-season the media were doing their best to create a toxic appearance around the club. Not like the BBC chose to play 7 defensive players against West Ham though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
What are our options if he goes?

Among the unemployed:

Zidane
Conte
Wenger

Managers with national team jobs:

Martinez
Giggs

Kag

I mean that a lot of the disharmony in the club has been fuelled by the media, and that has massively affected our performances. I don't really see how anyone could argue with that?
It’s been fuelled by Mourinho’s behaviour.

AndyJ1985

People want to point to posters like me and accuse of blindly supporting a manager because I'm not comfortable sacking in September need their heads checked.

Spoilt bastards. Its September.
Makes no difference if it's September, October, or May. The writing is on the wall and the inevitable outcome is obvious. Why on earth you want to prolong the inevitable is a mystery.

podurban2

I’m no longer vehemently pro-Mourinho and more open to the idea of replacing him now, but unless we have a cast iron permanent replacement lined up, what is the point? Putting a caretaker in place would be utter lunacy on our part.

Would Zidane be a viable option for us? Would he be enticed to work here?
When was the last time a caretaker utterly failed, can’t think of many. There’s no reason to keep Jose, he’s lost the dressing room. Carrick and McKenna would be a better option than Jose at the moment.

Minimalist

While I don't agree with him I can sort of see his point, even in pre-season the media were doing their best to create a toxic appearance around the club. Not like the BBC chose to play 7 defensive players against West Ham though.
Mourinho created that atmosphere. The media reported it.

rampo

I don't see why we need a caretaker manager? We are just 7 games into the season. We need to find a solid replacement (can't think of any - people will say Zidane, and I love him as a player, but I am not sold that he has a philosophy) and get him in asap. If they can turn it around and get us into top 4, fine. If not, atleast he will have a (almost) full season to prep the team for next season

Dong Fangzhuo

Reminder to the mourinho in club to warm up before today's mental gymnastics, don't want you to strain a muscle.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Spoilt bastards. Its September.
Yeah I can understand that a September sacking would be highly controversial but as I previously said, he has never managed through a crisis successfully. It's scorched earth policy with Jose and fans that do want him gone don't want it to get any worse. So can you blame them?

Gloating is a shitty thing to do though. We all support the same team ffs.

haram

it was my attempt at being @haram @Janson @The Bloody-Nine
The squad all needs to be sold, they're all clearly sucking Pogba off and don't deserve to play for us. Part of me wishes Jose digs in, makes it to January.. sell that wannabe gansta to Barca along with his brother from another mother Martial and we can start to instil some fighting spirit back into the squad. First thing we need to do is get in Willian to sort out that right flank and throw whatever money it takes at Inter to get Perisic, so we finally get some proper width and support to Lukaku.

I think we also need a new centre back, Maguire is looking like a no brainer to shore things up. If we get them three in - we will finish top 4 and in the summer, I'd bin everyone bar De Gea and let Jose build his own team without restrictions. It has been a shitshow, him having to deal with bad purchases by Moyes/LVG and not being allowed to get rid of them.

Stay strong Jose, the real United fans are with you mate.
I didn’t want Pogba or Martial sold. Didn’t want Maguire either. I believe in Mourinho’s methods, I think they are not currently working with the team. I also said that if it doesn’t work this season he should go.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Look, the most important thing is that he applauds the away supporters today. Everything else is secondary
You may joke, but that does it for the hardcore support on here. Warms their old christmas hearts, fingers at the ready to rattle off another masterpiece post explaining how all the new players were signed by woodward.

Old, inflexible, love falling into habits (in this case, blindly thinking this loyalty is what it means to be a champion among the supporters). No wonder companies won't hire middle aged people unless it's to succeed into top jobs.

peridigm

What are our options if he goes?

Among the unemployed:

Zidane
Conte
Wenger

Managers with national team jobs:

Martinez
Giggs
I vote Zidane because he’s most likely option to get Pogba and Martial playing at their best which will be crucial to saving this season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Spoilt bastards. Its September. I'd only really agree to sackings this early if he lost every game.
It's September into his third season and we still don't have a cohesive style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.