The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Sorry to point out the obvious but if we sack Jose. Only one man picks his replacement. And this person happens to be a complete and utter idiot.

Sorry but there is little point sacking managers, while Woodward is still sat in his chair.

Stick with Jose. He will sort this out but in case he doesn’t get shut or demote Woodward.

NJM78

Hopefully our board will learn from Chelsea's experience and act before it gets that bad. Then again Chelsea of all clubs actually waited till they were 16th before sacking him.
We could be around 16th ourselves by mid November. We have to play Chelsea and City away before then.
I honestly think if we lose on Tuesday in CL. He wont be there to manage Newcastle game.

Lord Zlatan

Born in 80, so don't remember much, but used to watch what i could :p
Didn't affect me as much, though. Now i'm getting really annoyed and frustrated.
I remember the 80's, we were rubbish...but usually entertaining (apart from Dave Sextons era pre 81)

Patrick08

Does he do it on purpose to get compensation and quick money? How can you just take out most creative player on the pitch when chasing the game just because pogba may be shit defensively.

mav_9me

The fact he doesn't coach attacking, yet we set up defensively, yet cannot defend. What are the coaches doing?
The reason being just because you play with 5 defenders and 3 CM doesnt mean you will be better defensively. That's why just trying to defend your box doesnt improve defense. Saw against Sevilla and saw today.

Hamadovich86

Season, FFS?, I was thinking next week :(
History tells us that Woodward only sacks managers when CL qualification is impossible, I can totally see him waiting until then. I can see it happening as early as next week too but I just dont know it will happen.

Heinzesight

We have the same amount of points this season as we did at the same stage under Moyes during his tenure.

So technically Jose is on par with Moyes. Such a sad indictment.
Even sadder, we probably played better football at that stage of the season under Moyes! feck.

Lord Zlatan

History tells us that Woodward only sacks managers when CL qualification is impossible, I can totally see him waiting until then. I can see it happening as early as next week too but I just dont know it will happen.
This... pre xmas of LVG's last season was ten times worse than this..it was appalling and yet he made it to the end of the season.

Chairman Steve

This Utd board is the equivalent of a cuckolded husband who regularly catches his wife in bed with another man, and sticks with her thinking they can work it out.

goin4glory

Have defended him constantly but changed my vote. I don't see any way he can stop the rot given his propensity for falling out with everyone. If Woodward waits until we're guaranteed to not make top 4 before sacking him for some pathetic pay off then he should be removed entirely as well. Only chance we have of top 4 is if he's sacked immediately.

Heinzesight

You hope we bring someone else or a caretaker in the hope of maybe going on a CL run...trouble is Jose will probably sabotage the group games like he did today.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Look, let there be no mistake, Jose wants the club to sack him with a decent payoff. He’s not interested in turning it around.
Woodwork knows this and is desperate to avoid giving him the payoff, which presumably means sacking him when the season is so poor that it voids some of the reimbursement.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Changed my vote from yes to yes again, that's how much I want him gone

sugar_kane

Look, let there be no mistake, Jose wants the club to sack him with a decent payoff. He’s not interested in turning it around.
Woodwork knows this and is desperate to avoid giving him the payoff, which presumably means sacking him when the season is so poor that it voids some of the reimbursement.
He has to cut his losses. Even if it's 20 million down the drain the impact of him staying is potentially incalculable.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
Born in 80, so don't remember much, but used to watch what i could :p
Didn't affect me as much, though. Now i'm getting really annoyed and frustrated.
Yeah me too! I can’t remember being so pissed off by football! I wasn’t as worried in the moyes era because I had a feeling he would be sacked but I can’t see Mourinho getting the same treatment. I do think we also need to sell Pogba too though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We’ve not had an attacking manager since sir Alex retired, it’s mind boggling. Can we please get an attack minded manager in please. I’m sick and tired of watching boring football, and being outplayed by absolutely everyone.
That's actually true and very very weird.

Heinzesight

Jose’s quote of: “If they sent me away, do you have any idea how much money they would have to give me?!” really fecked me off after the Burnley match (I think)...but now it’s clear what a cheeky, calculated twat he was being.

Just sack him off and give it to McCarrick til the end of the season.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Jose’s quote of: “If they sent me away, do you have any idea how much money they would have to give me?!” really fecked me off after the Burnley match (I think)...but now it’s clear what a cheeky, calculated twat he was being.
He actually said that?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So we are in a Chelsea/Conte situation, except we haven't got a new manager looking on.

Fully Fledged

Changed my vote from yes to yes again, that's how much I want him gone
There should to be a HELL YES so we can show how much we want him gone.

I will state that I never wanted him in the first place. I always thought he was toxic but when he came I got behind the appointment and hoped he'd do well. All the time waiting for the meltdown to happen. waiting for the divisions in the dressing room. I hoped for the best but knew this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.