The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don't get your point, in theory none of that make the transfers cheap and when you look at the fee of transfers in general, even in the PL these players weren't cheap. We need to be honest and not go into that nonsense, these are in hindsight bad transfers because the players weren't worth that amount of money but they weren't cheap at all.
Where did you read I said it was cheap? Or do you want to check the list of big transfers to England to see the amount of players who in theory aren't worth that money?

If clubs are paying its because they think it is, the problem is always the same. For some its quality with others it can be the management, others who don't adapt etc. And United clearly is one of the clubs who other clubs demand more money. Be it clubs from England or abroad. Sometimes money don't make you happy at all.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What if the manager wanted those players?
Then he is a bloody idiot as well. Although he seems more interested in Golden Oldies rather than looking to the future. All Jose wanted was to pad his CV. He doesn't have a future here no matter what has been rumoured.

El Zoido

It took Emery and Sarri less than three months to turn their teams in to title challengers. Three years of Jose and we’ve gone backwards. We can’t even defend now! We used to be able to look at the team and say “we’re boring in attack, but at least we’re solid in defense”, well now we can’t attack well or defend well. Desperate for the season to be over already and it’s only fecking October.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Where did you read I said it was cheap? Or do you want to check the list of big transfers to England to see the amount of players who in theory aren't worth that money?

If clubs are paying its because they think it is, the problem is always the same. For some its quality with others it can be the management, others who don't adapt etc. And United clearly is one of the clubs who other clubs demand more money. Be it clubs from England or abroad. Sometimes money don't make you happy at all.
Well, it was the topic of the post you quoted.

JPRouve

Scout
Then he is a bloody idiot as well. Although he seems more interested in Golden Oldies rather than looking to the future. All Jose wanted was to pad his CV. He doesn't have a future here no matter what has been rumoured.
Interestingly the interview that he had with Telefoot and was turned into "Mourinho is PSG bound" was very interesting. In that interview he said that he is convinced that United isn't his last job.

Tiber

Look on the brightside, we have look hopeless in The champions League but being 10th in the premier League still gives us something to build on

I firmly believe Jose can lead us to a strong late season run that will see us challenge for a Europa League slot

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ajax the team we beat in the Europa league final a few years ago are now a much better side then us having spent square root of feck all

To be honest they looked like they were going to be a better side than us on the day anyway

Tiber

Interestingly the interview that he had with Telefoot and was turned into "Mourinho is PSG bound" was very interesting. In that interview he said that he is convinced that United isn't his last job.

Why on earth would PSG want him at this point? Just for the big name?

DomesticTadpole

Ajax the team we beat in the Europa league final a few years ago are now a much better side then us having spent square root of feck all

To be honest they looked like they were going to be a better side than us on the day anyway
Yep. Think people forget we weren't as dominant in that game as they thought. They have got some real talent in that team.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

LeftyBlaster

Changed my vote to Yes today. It's over. He has no frikkin idea how to coach proper football. I mean, what the hell do we even do in training that makes us play this shiteously? There's no movement, no urgency, no interplay, no team cohesion. It's cross ball and hoof ball. Pathetic.

Transfers are not the main problem here. The manager is. He has an extremely talented squad at his disposal and he's just flushing it down the toilet. Feck off Jose.

JPRouve

Scout
@JPRouve
He said this.
You replied this.
I added this. Never said they were cheap. The context was to the inflated market. Ok now? ;)
You missed one post, where I literally said "They weren't cheap". After his reply I said why even relative to other clubs it wasn't cheap.

Oldyella

It took Emery and Sarri less than three months to turn their teams in to title challengers. Three years of Jose and we’ve gone backwards. We can’t even defend now! We used to be able to look at the team and say “we’re boring in attack, but at least we’re solid in defense”, well now we can’t attack well or defend well. Desperate for the season to be over already and it’s only fecking October.
This, and its so fecking depressing.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You missed one post, where I literally said "They weren't cheap". After his reply I said why even relative to other clubs it wasn't cheap.
Ok ok bad comunication then, only wanted to add some context to it, never said it was cheap or expensive. :)

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
To be fair, he wanted a CB and a right back and got neither. Whatever happens with Mourinho I like that he's drawing attention to the lack of investment. We needed a huge transfer window and the board fecked us. Our bench last night was unacceptable.

Judas

Open to offers
Woodward really gave Jose and his apologists a big helping hand by not delivering the manager what he wanted, and if he had, yeah it probably would have helped, because surely we couldn't be worse than we are at the moment, could we?

DomesticTadpole

To be fair, he wanted a CB and a right back and got neither. Whatever happens with Mourinho I like that he's drawing attention to the lack of investment. We needed a huge transfer window and the board fecked us. Our bench last night was unacceptable.
The bench wasn't great, but Lingard, Sanchez, Fellaini out left the cupboard a bit bare. I won't mention Jones.

Our CBs didn't look bad yesterday - so him not getting a new CB is not an excuse for the poor show yesterday.

Judas

Open to offers
I think Dalot will play more Valencia once Dalot is fully fit, but he won't start an obscene amount, which is the right thing to do with a young player who has had injury issues. I think Valencia is getting phased out, and we'll see Young play RB as first choice.

3pwood

It's so sad the huge amount of time Man United wasted with Mourinho this season... it's a wasted season. People should really stop talking about "lack of investment", Man United have a ridiculously expensive squad and I wouldn't trust Mourinho with money anymore.

dove

It's so sad the huge amount of time Man United wasted with Mourinho this season... it's a wasted season. People should really stop talking about "lack of investment", Man United have a ridiculously expensive squad and I wouldn't trust Mourinho with a pound anymore.
Exactly, the only investment we need right now is to sack the manager.

Morpheus 7

Excuses, he done absolutely nothing to try and change that game. He's had money to spend, isn't getting the most out of who he's bought and who he's got. You look at what Spurs have done with little investment. Then look at at that Liverpool squad up until this summer, we had a miles better squad but they were getting more. Jose and his negative excuses. We had the chance to change in the last international break, board are spineless. It's about how damage limitation now and a matter of when he goes.

Canagel

Yeah topping the group with Bayern aren't they? Really enough of the excuses. The money excuse doesn't add up.

redIndianDevil

Anyone rather finish 3rd? Only chance of CL next season is Europa League, and if we get through to the knockout stage of the CL we will be embarrassed.
God no, we don't want to get embarrased by Europa league teams too, we can't get lucky again with the likes of Celta Vigo, Ajax etc. again.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
My heart sank when I sat there listening to that. So we have a big lump up front, so Plan B is another big lump, actually a slightly better one who would likely do a better job than Plan A.
If someone could actually explain what plan A is i'd be happy to listen!

3pwood

Yeah topping the group with Bayern aren't they? Really enough of the excuses. The money excuse doesn't add up.
What's with all this Ajax love now? And they've spent money, they signed fecking Daley Blind and Tadic and lost 3-0 to PSV (the best team in the Netherlands btw)

Jev

It's incredible that two good halves of football have pretty much saved him from the sack, and eased all pressure on his position. It's likely anything that happened before the Newcastle game is now void and we have to go through it all again until the pressure builds.
And it wasn't even impressive results. A win at home against Newcastle should be mandatory but the manner of the win gave it that air of comeback. A draw away against Chelsea is a good result but at the end of the day doesn't help us much. We have to many draws already, and frankly we're not competing with Chelsea this season.

Zlatattack

Well we lost last night - so still voting leave. Might reconsider if we win on Saturday.

That's how this works right?

tomaldinho1

What really annoys me with Mou at the moment is he's acting like he's Rafa at Newcastle. Yes Juve are a great team and we aren't near their level but after how much we have invested in players (players Mou signed off on) we should be. This is his third season ffs.

Our biggest issues currently IMO are a lack of an RW, Matic, Sanchez and Lukaku. All of these are either Mou signings or, in the RW case, an area we just refuse to address. His signings have actually all been pretty dire, bar Ibra, and he seems to lose trust in them quickly (Fred, Bailly) which has just created a really negative mood around camp. Ironically Lindeloff is the only one who is improving his reputation and that's because he was so poor when he arrived everyone gave up on him.

I was critical of Woodward not backing him this summer him but I'm convinced now that Mou isn't the right person to lead us forward and he shouldn't be given anothe penny. Our best players have been DDG (as usual), Shaw (who he nearly drove out the club), Pogba (who he's marginalised to the point he will leave) and in patches Mata (who he never sticks with) and Martial (who he's pissed off).

reddaz71

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting things to change", Mourinho if he wants to save his job simply has to evolve/gamble and go against his instincts,a genuine Utd manager would look at the youth lads and if they are showing promise which several currently are doing then just give them their heads,the 1st team is crying out for an injection of fresh,young hungry dudes such as Chong,Greenwood,Laird,Gomes!

DomesticTadpole

What really annoys me with Mou at the moment is he's acting like he's Rafa at Newcastle. Yes Juve are a great team and we aren't near their level but after how much we have invested in players (players Mou signed off on) we should be. This is his third season ffs.

Our biggest issues currently IMO are a lack of an RW, Matic, Sanchez and Lukaku. All of these are either Mou signings or, in the RW case, an area we just refuse to address. His signings have actually all been pretty dire, bar Ibra, and he seems to lose trust in them quickly (Fred, Bailly) which has just created a really negative mood around camp. Ironically Lindeloff is the only one who is improving his reputation and that's because he was so poor when he arrived everyone gave up on him.

I was critical of Woodward not backing him this summer him but I'm convinced now that Mou isn't the right person to lead us forward and he shouldn't be given anothe penny. Our best players have been DDG (as usual), Shaw (who he nearly drove out the club), Pogba (who he's marginalised to the point he will leave) and in patches Mata (who he never sticks with) and Martial (who he's pissed off).
The up-market Rafa.

Status
Not open for further replies.