The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was prime Stoke goal. Hoof it from halfway line, and do something wonderful in the penalty box after rebound.

Altough, prime Stoke played far better and quicker football than this.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
We won despite missing an awful lot of chances, is it Mourinho's fault we miss all those fecking chances and desperately wait for the equalizer? Manager AND players are to blame for this abysmal performance but we won and are through to the next round. Would have you preferred a draw and go to Valencia and hope for the best? Just feck off and enjoy the win.

Aloysius's Back 3

Celebrate that crap then

Paper over the grand fecking canyon

Jose has expertly lowered expectations of his ****.
Exactly - Fans like that are glory hunters who want victory over anything. They want a team built like Chelsea 3.0 that can go get them victory for a year or two whilst some of us want to see a Manchester United team with identity and the more I see it - a good morale around the club.

Raw

Remember when he had a magnificent home record?

Our first home goal in the CL this season was a 91st minute winner against Young Boys. It took us 271 minutes to score a goal at home :lol:

Greck

That celebration was an explosion of joy seeing Lukaku knock down a hoof for Fellaini to score. If you could make a script for his ideal goal, that would be it

kode

so poor i cant even get excited about a United game... this is really time to show this dinosaur the door

el3mel

My biggest gripe with the guy is 2.5 years in and he's struggling to know which of his players are starters and which aren't. He's randomly chopping and changing per game waiting for a miracle or something. Maybe our inconsistent players are trash but he needs to pick a certain 11 and keep playing them. We're the only ever big side I have seen without a clear XI lineup. 2.5 years in, it's inexcusable and means he doesn't know how to use this squad. He needs to leave for that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You don't think he should celebrate a last minute winner?
That's ridiculous quite frankly.
He looked angry more than anything else. And he should be angry, that last-minute winner from Fellaini just cost him £25 million.

I'd be furious if that happened to me, there wouldn't be a bottle safe anywhere in the NW of England.

cyberman

We won despite missing an awful lot of chances, is it Mourinho's fault we miss all those fecking chances and desperately wait for the equalizer? Manager AND players are to blame for this abysmal performance but we won and are through to the next round. Would have you preferred a draw and go to Valencia and hope for the best? Just feck off and enjoy the win.
I think we're seeing why Jose doesn't let go of the handbrake so to speak.
Our attack isn't ruthless enough and our defence isn't good enough with less cover.
Its Jose's fault of course, saying that.

SirAF

Ageist
There is nothing to enjoy, your comment is mediocre, shortsighted and frankly clueless.
I have studied your comments on the cafe and I must say those comments come across as someone either cluless about the game or just a troll.
You never present any concrete facts but go around calling other caftards names and never make any arguments.
Wow, you are one weird person. Thanks for your input.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah, Willian, Harry Maguire and Jerome Boateng would’ve had us crushing it, and not rely on yet another jammy 90th minute winner against Young Boys.
Yeah, add Willian and Perisic who we wouldn’t get him the year before and I’d say we see off that game easier, yeah. Our issues tonight were lack of quality going forward. Willian and Perisic going forward is miles better than Rashford and Lingard. I’m not saying that’s who I’d want us to sign, but they’re an obvious step up in quality.

Mate do you really believe Matic an ex Jose player, Lukaky an ex Jose player who happens to be a target man and bulky and strong, two players from the Portugese league Lindelof and Dalot, a midfielder like Pogba who is on the positive height and strength side is not jose players?

What do you smoke bruhhhh :wenger:

Not a single team in the top 8 would buy matic except a club that has Jose as manager or a turkish team or benfica.

His type of players are dreadful and no matter how succesfful he is able to be in three years at any club - he is not good enough for us because we require more than simply success.
Except Chelsea you mean?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
There is nothing to enjoy, your comment is mediocre, shortsighted and frankly clueless.
I have studied your comments on the cafe and I must say those comments come across as someone either cluless about the game or just a troll.
You never present any concrete facts but go around calling other caftards names and never make any arguments.
Don’t waste your breath pal - he’s one of the elite mourons.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
What’s bizarre is that the players are actually playing for him. The instensity was there, especially in the first half, the quality and decision making was just abysmal.

We’re a team with no structure, players with limited quality and a squad lacking confidence. We’re just really poor.

cyberman

He looked angry more than anything else. And he should be angry, that last-minute winner from Fellaini just cost him £25 million.

I'd be furious if that happened to me, there wouldn't be a bottle safe anywhere in the NW of England.
He wasn't getting fired unless we got absolutely tanked tonight.
What's worrying me is we so need to go behind to play well. It puts to bed the notion that apathy is our way of playing our way into a game since its Palace and fecking Young Boys.

LingiBW

We might have won, but goodness, can we get rid of this man before the knock off round.. He's taken the joy out of watching this once great team.

LeftyBlaster

My stand has not changed - Hire DoF and let him decide manager, transfers, wages and everything else footballing going forward. If DoF wants to fire Mourinho is fine and if he wants to keep for now, that is also fine (particularly when results were promising in the first 2 seasons before the joke of last summer).

We have done Ed+Moyes=failed, Ed+LvG= failed, and Ed+Mourinho= failing. The only thing constant is Ed. So lets change Ed for once and try DoF+Mourinho/New manager. What I dont want is Ed+4th manager cos to me its an exercise in futility.

Its ridiculous that we have some as clueless about the game as Ed making footballing decisions and in 6yrs i have not seen any convincing evidence that he can deliver in that role.
Yeah but surly we simply cannot blame Ed for out struggles against teams we should be putting away. Do I think our squad is good enough to win the league? No. Hell no. Should this team be slapping teams like Palace / Newcastle / West Ham? Absolutely. And it is Jose's fault that he is unable to get a semblence of acceptable performances from a really good team.

Aloysius's Back 3

Yeah, add Willian and Perisic who we wouldn’t get him the year before and I’d say we see off that game easier, yeah. Our issues tonight were lack of quality going forward. Willian and Perisic going forward is miles better than Rashford and Lingard. I’m not saying that’s who I’d want us to sign, but they’re an obvious step up in quality.

Except Chelsea you mean?
Yeah who signed him then was it woodward? or abrahmovic? or Jose?

Fracture90

I honestly don't get people that say they don't care about style of football as long as their team is winning…do they even enjoy football? How did they come to love and watch a certain football club if they just care about bragging rights and don't care about football itself?

SirAF

Ageist
It’s possible to get excited for a moment and then reality kick backs in straight away. Reality that’s god damn awful.
No one thinks that everything is okay after this match, but if you can’t enjoy winning a match in stoppage time then I don’t really know what to say. People are actually offended, Christ!

SirAF

Ageist
I honestly don't get people that say they don't care about style of football as long as their team is winning…do they even enjoy football? How did they come to love and watch a certain football club if they just care about bragging rights and don't care about football itself?
I care about United, not football.

John_K

Youth Team Player
I want him gone but this is absolute rubbish.
Every manager in the world reacts like that from time to time its what they do.
Dont let what Lineker says brainwash you into thinking Rashford will care.
Your kidding aren’t you?

His reaction was disgraceful, imagine seeing your manager react like that.

He’s already struggling to get the best out of his players and instead of encouraging them he acts like an idiot and puts them down at every chance.

The players are the ones who should be shaking their heads at him!

cyberman

Is @cyberman the chap who argued 2-1 wins are better than 5-0 wins which would get boring?
You not entertained?
If you're not celebrating last minute wins then I'd love to see your little group watch 5-0 tankings every week.
You would hate to be a City fan. I can tell.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s just a shite excuse to defend their messiah.

Fooza

I don't think he's lost the dressing room, I just can't work out what's going on really. We just look unexplainably dreadful.
He's bought shite - no clear plan
He can't coach
He's stubborn
He has his favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.