Film The Movies I want to see thread

Heardy

Logan Lerman may be the new spidey.
Granted i don't know anything about the Spiderman Origins story.

But if the first Spiderman film showed Peter Parker's transition to Spiderman after being bitten on the field trip, and discovering his powers, how exactly is a prequel going to work, unless they simply reinvent the filmed franchise similar to how Christopher Nolan did with Batman Begins/The Dark Knight

Lance Uppercut

Granted i don't know anything about the Spiderman Origins story.

But if the first Spiderman film showed Peter Parker's transition to Spiderman after being bitten on the field trip, and discovering his powers, how exactly is a prequel going to work, unless they simply reinvent the filmed franchise similar to how Christopher Nolan did with Batman Begins/The Dark Knight
That is what they're doing.

Heardy

That is what they're doing.
And it suddenly makes a lot more sense, cheers Lance!

One film I really want to see, but despite countless rumours I have no idea when it will actually go into production is The Dirt, based on the book "The Dirt: Motley Crue Confessions."

The stuff those guys got up to is simply out of this world. I don't know whether they have gone up or down in my estimation. Fanstically depraved behaviour is probably the best way to sum it up

Lance Uppercut

Great book, one of my favourites. I was very disappointed with 'The Heroin Diaries" by Nikki Sixx, though. I guess I was expecting more of the same.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'm very much looking forward to Shutter Island, looks excellent from the trailer and I don't think I've ever watched a Scorsese film I didn't like.

Heardy

Great book, one of my favourites. I was very disappointed with 'The Heroin Diaries" by Nikki Sixx, though. I guess I was expecting more of the same.
Really? Somebody saw me reading The Dirt a month or so back and recommended "The Heroin Diaries."

He did say The Dirt was better mind, but also recommended "Tommyland." Have you read that Lance, worth a look?

Lance Uppercut

Really? Somebody saw me reading The Dirt a month or so back and recommended "The Heroin Diaries."

He did say The Dirt was better mind, but also recommended "Tommyland." Have you read that Lance, worth a look?
Yeah, I've read that one, too. It's worth a look (much moreso than The Heroin Diaries IMO), as you get Lee's own particular version of events. Most notably on fights with Vince Neil and Ms Anderson, the break up of his marriage to Heather Locklear, his stint in prison, etc. There is also quite a good recap of the band's origins.

Lee's "hip" lingo and almost childlike manner can grate (dude), but that's mainly a personal thing. I'm easily annoyed. :lol:

Oh, and certain sections of the book are "written" by his dick. Seriously.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Ok the spidey film is a reboot and it will be following the comics initial idea a lot closer where spiderman was a teenager in school. The comics went on for years with him in high school. The ultimate spideman series that was released in recent years spidey is in high school. There is tons of source material for them to work to. It's not going to suddenly become a spidey the high school musical. Just like Christopher Nolans Superman will be closer to the comics than the films.

Woodzy

Ok the spidey film is a reboot and it will be following the comics initial idea a lot closer where spiderman was a teenager in school. The comics went on for years with him in high school. The ultimate spideman series that was released in recent years spidey is in high school. There is tons of source material for them to work to. It's not going to suddenly become a spidey the high school musical. Just like Christopher Nolans Superman will be closer to the comics than the films.
Which one is that then? I know nothing of this, explain.

Gambit

Which one is that then? I know nothing of this, explain.
Looks like Christopher Nolan will be taking over the Superman franchise next. Nolan is a huge comic book fan.

Gambit

Looking forward to this one a lot. Early reviews say it's just a great big dumb love letter to 80's action films.

Gambit

There's early talks of a new Riddick film.

Gambit

Got to admit I'm really looking forward to this.

Gambit

A rumour starting up that the Scott brothers may be returning to the Blade Runner universe. That with the fact Ridley is in early development talks for a new Aliens film could be very interesting.

wr8_utd

:'(
Thread hasn't caught on the way it did down in the newbs.

The Expendables looks good. As does A-Team and The Losers. Any idea when they release?

Oh and Green Zone is out here in India tomorrow :D

Gambit

Thread hasn't caught on the way it did down in the newbs.

The Expendables looks good. As does A-Team and The Losers. Any idea when they release?

Oh and Green Zone is out here in India tomorrow :D
I will now leave it in your capable hnds

Gambit

Batman 3 20-07-12

Emily Blunt is rumoured to have signed to play catwoman.

Gambit

Anchorman 2, and Ridley Scott is now doing 2 Alien prequels.

Doogie

Anchorman 2, and Ridley Scott is now doing 2 Alien prequels.
There probably wont be Anchorman 2. The studio passed on the idea.

Director Adam McKay explained:
"So bummed. Paramount basically passed on Anchorman 2. Even after we cut our budget down. We tried.
To all who asked: no we can't do Anchorman 2 at another studio. Paramount owns it."

Gambit

Interested to see what Brannagh will do with this.

Gambit

And the New Spiderman is

Andrew Garfield.