Film The Movies I want to see thread

cyberman

That's not good.

Variety just published something about it which makes the whole thing sound like a complete trainwreck. Although they give the impression that King liked it.
Well the reviews are in, complete disaster.
Stephen King must be the worst film critic in the world, this is the man who hates The Shining after all.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well the reviews are in, complete disaster.
Stephen King must be the worst film critic in the world, this is the man who hates The Shining after all.
Oh dear.

Anterograde amnesia, best known as the affliction Guy Pearce suffers from in Memento, is defined as a mental disorder that blocks the formation of new memories. Known causes include blunt-force trauma and The Dark Tower, a film that is not only forgettable but militantly memory-proof. While sitting through this uniquely flavorless slog, a viewer jolts out of a waking sleep every five minutes or so to realize that they have not internalized a thing. Nikolaj Arcel’s efforts to translate and condense Stephen King’s long-running series of densely mythologized novels amount to being a western without the majesty of the west, a fantasy without anything even coming close to being fantastic.

kps88

Dark Tower looked terrible from the first trailer.

For the rest of the year I'm mainly looking forward to Blade Runner, Kingsman, Downsizing and Star Wars.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Getting very good review, Martin McDonagh(In Bruges director) new film

I've been waiting ages for this to come out. His last two films, In Bruges (exceptional) and Seven Psychopaths (very good), were a joy. The critical feedback this one has been getting is astonishingly good. Can't wait!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That Red Sparrow looks atrocious. Tomb Raider looks scene for scene from the game going by that trailer, should be a decent action flick.

This looks amazing, incredible cast too...