The New low (I.) Q. Republicans and Ted Cruz

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

This is a nice recap of that MGT woman

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Surprised he didn’t go back to ‘Avatar’ to find more examples.

I have no idea who/what Thanos is, think I’ve heard of ‘Watchman.’ No clue if either is applicable, though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seriously doubt Biden runs in '24. Thinks it's going to be Romney vs. Harris.
Unfortunately, Romney has no voter support in today’s GOP. Pence, Cruz, Hawley, Haley, and one or two others should be the main ones imo.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's got the charisma of a mushroom that grows in cow feces. He won't get the nom IMO.
He would've won the nomination in 16 if not for Trump. If he behaves (and shaves) I'd imagine he will be the leader of the pack next time since his played his cards right with the Trumpers.

Infra-red

He would've won the nomination in 16 if not for Trump. If he behaves (and shaves) I'd imagine he will be the leader of the pack next time since his played his cards right with the Trumpers.
*shudders* He's one to be afraid of. Like Trump, he has absolutely no moral backbone. Unlike Trump, he has a brain.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hasn't Biden already said that he'll only serve one term?
People are presuming he said this because he's made a few comments where he said he views himself as a transitional President, which has led to the continued recycling of the narrative that he won't run again. Biden himself has never made such a claim, and I seriously doubt he would ever not run again because of his age. Ultimately, politicians want to remain in power.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

He truly is a despicable piece of shit.
On another note; is there any other "civilized" country where leading right wing politicians talk about left wing politics as if it's all of Hitler's, Stalin's and Pol Pot's combined wet dream like their American siblings do? I'm trying to imagine a high ranking Danish politician making his point by referring to Hollywood villains and it's difficult, even if we do have our share of idiots.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
People are presuming he said this because he's made a few comments where he said he views himself as a transitional President, which has led to the continued recycling of the narrative that he won't run again. Biden himself has never made such a claim, and I seriously doubt he would ever not run again because of his age. Ultimately, politicians want to remain in power.
Alright. Be interesting to see what happens. He's too old as it is, so I hope the dems find someone younger in 24.

Drifter

American

She is now spouting the conspiracy theory on Omar marrying her brother to stay in the country.

Last edited:

MarylandMUFan

She is now spouting the conspiracy theory on Omar marrying her brother to stay in the country.
I can't get past her Twitter pic, looking like a suburban housewife about to host a book club meeting with the ladies in the neighborhood, yet everything she does is evil and vile. It's like the religious bigots created the perfect fembot to pull this off.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I can't get past her Twitter pic, looking like a suburban housewife about to host a book club meeting with the ladies in the neighborhood, yet everything she does is evil and vile. It's like the religious bigots created the perfect fembot to pull this off.
And we absolutely know what the first two books would be. (MK and AotD?)

nimic

something nice
Scout
Seriously doubt Biden runs in '24. Thinks it's going to be Romney vs. Harris.
Unfortunately, Romney has no voter support in today’s GOP. Pence, Cruz, Hawley, Haley, and one or two others should be the main ones imo.
Yeah there's no way Romney ever gets anywhere near a GOP nomination in 2024. He's basically a pariah in that party now.

SirAF

Ageist
Hasn't Biden already said that he'll only serve one term?
https://www.politico.com/newsletter...biden-is-planning-to-run-again-in-2024-792879

“He is planning to run again,” Sen. CHRIS COONS (D-Del.), one of Biden’s friends and close allies on Capitol Hill, told Transition Playbook this past weekend. “He knows that we are at the middle of an absolute turning point, a pivot point in American history. And he's up for the challenge.”

But aides say he has been invigorated by victory, having finally reached the Oval Office four decades after first considering a run in 1980.
This is the last I saw on the matter.

Kyonn

While that's certainly true today but a lot can change by '24. Plus guys like Cruz and Hawley will split the crazy vote during the primary. And while a large portion of the GOP are Q types the power/money of the party is still in the big business wallstreet wing of the party, they'll support Romney.

SirAF

Ageist
While that's certainly true today but a lot can change by '24. Plus guys like Cruz and Hawley will split the crazy vote during the primary. And while a large portion of the GOP are Q types the power/money of the party is still in the big business wallstreet wing of the party, they'll support Romney.
Will Romney even consider running? He'll be about 78 by that time, and even though Biden just did it it's not exactly the norm to seek the White House at such an advanced age.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't think Romney has any chance of winning the nomination, but regardless there's no way the Party is going to support him. If Romney is the the nominee, the Democrats get a free win. Romney is vocally opposing ideas that fully 80% of Republican voters hold (that Trump won the election, for example). You're vastly overestimating the pull he has in the party at this point.

The Firestarter

I don't think Romney has any chance of winning the nomination, but regardless there's no way the Party is going to support him. If Romney is the the nominee, the Democrats get a free win. Romney is vocally opposing ideas that fully 80% of Republican voters hold (that Trump won the election, for example). You're vastly overestimating the pull he has in the party at this point.
Actually Romney might win if he runs as a Democrat :lol: . Biggest transfer in history.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The power is actually with the pundit class, since they are the ones who control voter sentiment, which is ultimately what wins elections. If Hannity, Tucker, and Trump are against you then you might as well not bother running. The days of the old country club GOP ended with Trump’s rise to power. Therefore any viable Preisdential candidate will need to have credibility with Republican voters in places like FL, TX, and GA, which Romney clearly lacks. Just look at the two GA Republicans who just managed to lose their seats in GA. Both were Romney like business conservatives and lost in what has been a reliable Republican state.