The new MUST shirt

The Flying Potato

I cant be fecked to upload the pic but if your subscribed to the emails check your inbox.

It does look pretty sexy but I find it a tad wierd theyve put the Sharp logo on it....of course theyve done it for nostalgia and shit but why give Sharp publicity now?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just seen the e-mail. Like the shirt.

Less impressed by the associated blurb.

The news this week that the Glazers' have given notice that the PIK debts will be paid off and, at least initially, the money will not come from Manchester United has rightly been reported as a victory for supporters and the Green & Gold campaign. Independent reports from respected Financial News Wire Bloomberg Manchester United Debt Soars as Fan Backlash Concerns Glazers - Bloomberg recently confirmed information MUST received from other named sources (including figures at the most senior level within the club) that the Glazers are so concerned about fuelling the Green & Gold campaign that they were afraid to "take the Ronaldo money" - i.e. taking an additional 100m out of the club to use to pay their own debts and risk further angering supporters.

This comes after they were forced into a ticket price freeze this season and then more recently the apparent caving in to pressure to offer Rooney a new contract and also giving assurances that money will be made available to strengthen the squad and keep United competitive.

We recognise people are sceptical that supporters really do have this much influence but the sources for this are cast iron and we intend to reveal full details given permission from the relevant parties. In any case it is the only logical explanation for the sequence of events described.
The "only logical explanation"? Really? I mean, come on. Who writes these damn things? :confused:

Grande

Bored of the myopic "only logical explanation" bullshit. Like the shirt though.

I do agree that M.U.S.T. is in a long-lasting PR slump of form. On the other hand, there almost seem a sentiment by some that it is more important to engage in M.U.S.T.-bashing than reflect on the issues at hand. Not unreasonable - some might say - as the art of bashing was first taken up in a bout of Glazer-bashing which for some has trickled into Gill-bashing and even some wary questions over the wisdom of Fergie in handling the Glazer-bashing = Fergie-bashing.

But there is a big difference between M.U.S.T. and Glazers (in fact several). And the main point for me is that M.U.S.T. is a crew of people trying to represent a greater number of people who wish to influence otherwise allmighty owners into not taking undue risks with the club we all love. Allthough form is important, I think it is even more important that big numbers of supporters through the green and gold and many other ways have shown that the fans care about how the club is run and can make a lot of noise about it too.

Wether it is a part of what has happened with Rooney and the PIK's, nobody will know, but it's important none the less.

phelans shorts

I do agree that M.U.S.T. is in a long-lasting PR slump of form. On the other hand, there almost seem a sentiment by some that it is more important to engage in M.U.S.T.-bashing than reflect on the issues at hand. Not unreasonable - some might say - as the art of bashing was first taken up in a bout of Glazer-bashing which for some has trickled into Gill-bashing and even some wary questions over the wisdom of Fergie in handling the Glazer-bashing = Fergie-bashing.

But there is a big difference between M.U.S.T. and Glazers (in fact several). And the main point for me is that M.U.S.T. is a crew of people trying to represent a greater number of people who wish to influence otherwise allmighty owners into not taking undue risks with the club we all love. Allthough form is important, I think it is even more important that big numbers of supporters through the green and gold and many other ways have shown that the fans care about how the club is run and can make a lot of noise about it too.

Wether it is a part of what has happened with Rooney and the PIK's, nobody will know, but it's important none the less.
Eh?

All he said was MUST claiming any victory, many of which have nothing to do with them as there own, with zero basis, is very annoying, which it is.

redhead

More unverifiable ,self aggrandizing shite from MUST. Cool shirt though tbf.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
The news this week that the Glazers' have given notice that the PIK debts will be paid off and, at least initially, the money will not come from Manchester United has rightly been reported as a victory for supporters and the Green & Gold campaign. Independent reports from respected Financial News Wire Bloomberg Manchester United Debt Soars as Fan Backlash Concerns Glazers - Bloomberg recently confirmed information MUST received from other named sources (including figures at the most senior level within the club) that the Glazers are so concerned about fuelling the Green & Gold campaign that they were afraid to "take the Ronaldo money" - i.e. taking an additional 100m out of the club to use to pay their own debts and risk further angering supporters.

This comes after they were forced into a ticket price freeze this season and then more recently the apparent caving in to pressure to offer Rooney a new contract and also giving assurances that money will be made available to strengthen the squad and keep United competitive.

We recognise people are sceptical that supporters really do have this much influence but the sources for this are cast iron and we intend to reveal full details given permission from the relevant parties. In any case it is the only logical explanation for the sequence of events described.
:lol:

ciderman9000000

Jesus Christ, these people are insufferable. Why do MUST continue to target morons? The morons are already on their side, they've already bagged the morons, why persevere then with a campaign aimed at recruiting absolute fecking knuckle-dragging morons? Class goes a long way; zero class just sits in the corner stinking the room out.

B Cantona

Desperate
I held off the buying the shirt, they just had an artists impression on the site before, call me old fashioned but I like to see what a product actually looks like first!

Good though, I'll be getting me one of those

Pointless saying anything to stem the tide of MUST bashing in this thread, the same old folks will roll out the same old tired bullshit. Those with any nous will realise it's a far from perfect voluntary organisation, but one that has done by far the most to unite supporters towards a common goal, change the behaviour of the Glazers, and perhaps pushed them closer to a sale... time will tell

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I held off the buying the shirt, they just had an artists impression on the site before, call me old fashioned but I like to see what a product actually looks like first!

Good though, I'll be getting me one of those

Pointless saying anything to stem the tide of MUST bashing in this thread, the same old folks will roll out the same old tired bullshit. Those with any nous will realise it's a far from perfect voluntary organisation, but one that has done by far the most to unite supporters towards a common goal, change the behaviour of the Glazers, and perhaps pushed them closer to a sale... time will tell
Don't forget moving the goalposts when it becomes abundantly clear that their original goal isn't going to materialize.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I agree with a lot of people in here. I am concerned about the Glazers but also I can't identify myself with MUST.

Dr. Dwayne

You'll have to explain Dwayne I'm afraid
Perhaps I'm being harsh but my understanding of their original goal can be summarized in two-words; "Glazer's out!"

I guess this is just a case of any hole's a goal and certainly to keep morale up within the organization they would want to try and take some credit for recent events.

ciderman9000000

Don't you think it's odd, Brad, that the list of those who you deem to be 'The same old folks [that bash MUST]' seems to now include virtually everybody? How would you explain that? Are you under the impression that MUST are somehow a voice of the fans? If so then how would you explain your perception of the situation being so far from reality? Could it be, Bradley - serious question, I'd appreciate an honest answer - that you've been brainwashed? Surely you're not too far gone to admit that that's a possibility, right?

B Cantona

Desperate
Perhaps I'm being harsh but my understanding of their original goal can be summarized in two-words; "Glazer's out!"

I guess this is just a case of any hole's a goal and certainly to keep morale up within the organization they would want to try and take some credit for recent events.
You don't think anything MUST have had a hand in has helped get to this situation today Dwayne?

I expect loaded bitterness from the likes of Cider, but I'm surprised at you mate. MUST haven't moved any goal posts, we all know what the ultimate aim is, but shock horror it's not a particularly easy achievement when the owners still see this club as a cash cow goldmine long term

B Cantona

Desperate
Don't you think it's odd, Brad, that those who you deem to be 'The same old folks [that bash MUST]' seems to now include virtually everybody?
We must have different definitions of 'virtually everybody'

We're talking what, ten odd posters who come back again and again to do the same thing?

I can only speak as I find, most reds I know are warm to MUST, and even if they don't always agree 100% with their actions, know what they're trying to achieve, and praise the efforts that go into that

ciderman9000000

'Cash Cow'

Can you explain that term? It's a MUST favourite, but I've never heard them explain what it means exactly.

Dr. Dwayne

You don't think anything MUST have had a hand in has helped get to this situation today Dwayne?

I expect loaded bitterness from the likes of Cider, but I'm surprised at you mate. MUST haven't moved any goal posts, we all know what the ultimate aim is, but shock horror it's not a particularly easy achievement when the owners still see this club as a cash cow goldmine long term
I don't particularly enjoy engaging in speculation so until there is something concrete to support MUSTs role in the Glazers signing Rooney up to a mega deal, freezing ticket prices and paying off their PIK loans, yeah I'll remain skeptical of their statement. Not least because the Glazers are historically secretive about things.

My bitterness is a direct result of the ciderman affair.

ciderman9000000

We must have different definitions of 'virtually everybody'

We're talking what, ten odd posters who come back again and again to do the same thing?
'Ten odd'? That's what you reckon? OK, I guess that answers my second question then. Thanks for the feedback.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I don't agree with some of MUST tactics, yet I am sure without MUST's efforts over the last 5 years the situation will have been different for the fans.

B Cantona

Desperate
'Cash Cow'

Can you explain that term? It's a MUST favourite, but I've never heard them explain what it means exactly.
It's a term I use. It means the Glazers bought the club to milk it of cash in the long term. Sadly I think unless the absolute worst case happens, the only way they leave the club is with a hefty hefty profit, money gained from the pockets and supporters, and taking money which could have gone directly towards the betterment of the team and facilities

I have no idea if MUST also use it, don't tell me in that twisted bitter mind of yours me and them are now one and the same?

If so, I want my mug on tele too

ciderman9000000

:lol: Exactly how gullible do MUST think we are?

Do they seriously expect us to believe that anything negative that happens at the club is all down to the Glazers because they're the baddies, and that anything positive that happens at the club is all down to MUST because they're the goodies? And on top of that, if it ever at first glance it appears that the Glazers might have done something positive and may not be the ultimate baddies that we've been led to believe them to be, then this is all because MUST forced them to act the way they did because they're baddies and so... what was the quote...? 'There's no other explanation'?

:lol::lol::lol:

ffs

B Cantona

Desperate
I don't particularly enjoy engaging in speculation so until there is something concrete to support MUSTs role in the Glazers signing Rooney up to a mega deal, freezing ticket prices and paying off their PIK loans, yeah I'll remain skeptical of their statement. Not least because the Glazers are historically secretive about things.

My bitterness is a direct result of the ciderman affair.
I suppose that's understandable, even if I think its misguided. Ciderman was the complete tit of the whole affair, I'm sure everyone can agree on that at least

I think MUST have done a fair bit more than just speculate to this point. You'd do well to take a leaf out of Sultan's book and analyse things a tad more objectively