The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Gawd. Schooled twice by Poyet's Greeks. He says he likes our tracksuit top. Flirts a bit with us. We offer him the job after months of fluting around. He tells us to do one. Could you write a more FAI scenario?

Brophs

The One and Only
Likely to be Poyet angling for a new deal from the Greeks rather than us genuinely offering a bang average manager a 5 year deal.

Fr. Todd Unctious

:lol:

And we thought Woody and Murtough were bad. Canaham and Hill should be gone after this

It's a fecking Shambles. Would take Rafa at this stage although doubt he'd be interested

Oranges038

And we thought Woody and Murtough were bad. Canaham and Hill should be gone after this

It's a fecking Shambles. Would take Rafa at this stage although doubt he'd be interested
He's only 37, he's got a good job in club football.

It would be absolutely stupid to leave that for the Ireland gig at this point in his career.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Times reporting new manager announced next Wednesday or Thursday. They say Ole is in line but are referencing the bookmakers odds.

always_hoping

Ole at the the Irish wheel! big money place on him with the bookies the last few days. No easy task that gig for any manager so will be interesting to see how he gets on all the same.

IRELANDUNITED

Just checked there, we are 500/1 to win the 2026 World Cup. Get on it now, that price won’t last ;)

Fr. Todd Unctious

Well feck it anyway :mad:

Interesting that he says he was approached though

So a left field candidate then if that's the case and they do make an announcement next week.

IRELANDUNITED

Well feck it anyway :mad:

Interesting that he says he was approached though

So a left field candidate then if that's the case and they do make an announcement next week.
There isn’t a man in football that the FAI haven’t approached at this stage

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
It's going to be Tony Pulis with Delap as his assistant. (That's just a pure guess.)

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

Linfield manager taking over the ROI job. That would be some headline.

I'm thinking Larry White. Would he take that much of a drop in pay. Would assume he was on a 7 figure salary at Lyon and in Qatar
No that’s not what I meant at all. @golden_blunder mentioned Colin Healy was ex-Utd but I think he might have confused him with David Healy

stu_1992

Really would loved Ole to have gotten the job but seems there's nothing in that sadly. It actually would have gotten me watching Ireland again. And I think he'd do pretty well to be honest. If not with Ireland then international football would be a good avenue for him.