The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

Brophs

The One and Only
Holiday pay was the….hill he chose to die on.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Good riddance but the timing of this does not bode well for the imminent manager announcement, does it?

Fr. Todd Unctious

Good riddance but the timing of this does not bode well for the imminent manager announcement, does it?
Not necessarily. He's not leaving until the end of the month. Reports were previously the new manager was the priority when the talk about Hill's job being under threat surfaced. They're was suggestions a name was going to the board this week. So possible annoucning this now to get it out of the way before naming O'Shea the new manager later this week.

stu_1992

My god the FAI is an embarrassment. Always feels like the place is in shambles and this is just the absolute peak of it.

Maybe United isn't run so badly...

Brophs

The One and Only
Hill probably jokingly asked an intern if he could get him the sort of payoff Stephen Kenny got.

Brophs

The One and Only
No manager until the summer apparently. That entire organisation needs to feck all the way off.

Brophs

The One and Only
Par for the course. Hill was hired because of his supposed expertise in dealing with sponsors. Took just the three years for him to find one for the national team!
True. No room in the Irish set up for overachievers.

Oranges038

Par for the course. Hill was hired because of his supposed expertise in dealing with sponsors. Took just the three years for him to find one for the national team!
Palms to be greased, envelopes to be sealed, photos to be taken, arses to be kissed, nimby complaints to be dealt with and consultants to be paid.

3 years is actually quite a good timeline for getting something like that done in Ireland.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm hearing all sorts from different sources, which suggests to me that nobody in the FAI actually know what is going on.

I heard last night that it is going to be Ole but they wanted to wait until Hill announcement.

I also heard last week that they were still in for Sagnol, and the recent stories that they are now waiting until summer to make an appointment would align with him overseeing Georgia's Euro campaign first.

Withnail

https://extra.ie/2024/04/18/sport/soccernews/james-mcclean-stephen-kenny-retirement

McClean self entitled twonk. What did he think was going to happen dropping down to League 2 even if the wages were on offer were good.

Always got the feeling that he feels that because of the horrific stuff said to him that he can do as he feels without consequence
Well exactly. Also by his own words he was played against NZ, taken off during the game and got to say goodbye on his own terms. I'm not sure I see the problem.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Sadly Bazunu has done his achilles and is out of action until next year. Huge blow for his development you'd think, unless you're a well established name it's very hard to win your spot back as a keeper after a long injury.

padzilla

Hipster
You have to wonder if the FAI shouldn't be abolished and set up from anew at this stage. This is insane. It will be close to a year with a manager for the men's team at this rate.

Brophs

The One and Only
The deadlines we've set have not been helpful"

The deadlines you've set, Marc. You massive fecking bullshitter. Almost a year without a senior manager. It's a genuine (footballing) national disgrace.