The next 6 games

wolvored

As things stand the next 6 games will show where we are as a team I think. All tough games and all potential banana skins. I think:
Brighton A -- We should beat these so 3pts
Spurs H -- I think Mourinho wont want to lose this one and will set up not to, so 1pt
Newcastle A -- We should win this 3 pts
Chelsea H -- I know we did well last season, but they have strengthened and we wont win them all. 0pts
Arsenal H -- Arteta is doing well and Auba is a fantastic striker 1pt
Everton A -- This is a tough call as well. Rodriguez was a good buy for them. 0pts

We may still get some new signings in, but thats my prediction as it stands. 8 pts.

crossy1686

career ending
As things stand the next 6 games will show where we are as a team I think. All tough games and all potential banana skins. I think:
Spurs H -- I think Mourinho wont want to lose this one and will set up not to, so 1pt
Chelsea H -- I know we did well last season, but they have strengthened and we wont win them all. 0pts
Everton A -- This is a tough call as well. Rodriguez was a good buy for them. 0pts

We may still get some new signings in, but thats my prediction as it stands. 8 pts.
I think the first 5 games of this season are going to be a shit show unless we face teams that are as unfit as we are. I’m not holding out much hope for many points at the moment.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Absolutely love a “next 6 games thread”, it’s like a mini season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

If this prediction comes true we are screwed. I do think it’s abit negative though and we will come out okay.

wolvored

If this prediction comes true we are screwed. I do think it’s abit negative though and we will come out okay.
Before the Palace game I would have thought differently, but after that and the general play at Luton we seem to have taken 2 steps backwards, compard to how we played some of the games earlier in the season. Lets hope its a blip, but we have been down this road so many times over the past 7 years.

kiristao

Absolutely love a “next 6 games thread”, it’s like a mini season.
I felt like I had gone back in time to the end of last season when we doing these. Can't believe we are forced to already do them again

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I felt like I had gone back in time to the end of last season when we doing these. Can't believe we are forced to already do them again
Nobody is forcing anything. They’re an absolute delight from start to finish. Keep them coming.

cj_sparky

Brighton A -- League Cup game

Well hopefully the additional League Cup game against Brighton before we play Spurs help our lads build up some match fitness. Ole said we need "4-5 matches".

Although we ended last season on paper in decent form, we didn't generally play well. But importantly, we found a way to win. Hopefully we can do a bit better than you've predicted... but I'm not too sure with quite a bit of negativity around the club in general.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brighton A -- 2-1 win
Spurs H -- 0-0 draw
Newcastle A -- 2-0 win
Chelsea H -- 1-1 draw
Arsenal H -- 2-1 win
Everton A -- 2-1 loss

Statue of Limitations

Brighton A -- Absolutely can't see us slipping up here - 3 points
Spurs H -- Jose won't attack and might cost them a chance at winning - 1 point
Newcastle A -- Not easy but winnable - 3 points
Chelsea H -- I expect a cagey affair I think low scoring game, possibly a draw here - 1 point
Arsenal H -- Expecting a good attacking game here, score draw - 1 point
Everton A -- They are not as good as the early table says, we should have enough to take it here - 3 points

12/18 points - extrapolated is a 76 point season which is quite attainable.

George Beast

We lost to Crystal Palace at home, 3-1 to be exact and I just want to know where this confidence is coming from that we're going to easily beat Brighton...

SirAF

Ageist
We lost to Crystal Palace at home, 3-1 to be exact and I just want to know where this confidence is coming from that we're going to easily beat Brighton...
I think the Brighton and Newcastle matches will be tougher than a lot think.

adamwest

Brighton look a far more cohesive outfit than us as things stand. Let's get over that one first.

OldTrevil

These threads always go well. I want to see a next 12 game prediction when we're barely out of preseason mode...

tombombadil

Wow .. some people are actually arguing match fitness is not a good reason. ok .....

1) The team lost because they were not match fit. 1 friendly vs 4 friendlies and 2 competitive matches is a vast difference in fitness
2) This team is not so superior to Palace that they can be unfit and still beat a fitter team. This team is not as good as some people think it is

If people could only be more moderate in their assessment... Sigh ...

wolvored

It's just a bit of fun if you don't want to have a guess then dont

Siorac

There's a chance we won't win any of these. Though admittedly that would be a proper nightmare scenario.

I'm going for 5-6 points from these six.
Did we look fit then to you? Certainly didn't look fit to me.
We haven't looked fit for about six years now.

K Stand Knut

Did we look fit then to you? Certainly didn't look fit to me.
That’s not the point.

Using it as an excuse is pathetic.

No other team seems to have been affected by it so it’s not an excuse.

We need to stop making, or even looking for excuses

Saturday was just a poor performance. Fitness shouldn’t be mentioned

Siorac

I feel like we always do shite when these threads are made for some reason.
It's more like that we tend to be shite relative to our expectations and sometimes threads are made while we are being shite.

stepic

Why is it always the next 6 games? Someone make a next 10 games. Better yet next 12. Just not a 38 one please that would just be silly.

SiRed

we played too many games at the end of last season and at the begining of this season we havent played enough??????

Mind boggles

Smores

Okay, then I'll blame lack of match sharpness and intensity instead.
How could we have even lost that much match sharpness in the short window between seasons? I've never heard people say oh he's been injured for a month he'll need 4 or 5 games to get match fit again. It's just bollocks.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This ‘Rule of 6’ continues on the caf I see. Never the ‘next 5 games’.

Josh 76

Brighton A -- 2-1 win
Spurs H -- 0-0 draw
Newcastle A -- 2-0 win
Chelsea H -- 1-1 draw
Arsenal H -- 2-1 win
Everton A -- 2-1 loss
Doesn't it depend on what form other teams are in when we play them.

To be honest these threads are very childish. Something you would do in the play ground.

Bestofthebest

I have no idea how we might play in the next six games but I don’t think any of these games will be easy, not for us. I do think if we don’t start generating some points in this spell then the season will only go one way and that is a season long struggle. Might be that the only thing that will bring our owners to their senses ( or a decision to sell ) is a relegation battle and I can’t rule that out if we don’t get some better players in before the window shuts. Seen us in this situation before and it didn’t end well and followed a stream of constantly changing managers and making poor buys. Ring any bells?

Spaghetti

Mom's
Brighton (a) win 4-0
(Brighton (cup) 2-2 draw and lose on pens)
Spurs (h) win 2-0
Newcastle (a) draw 1-1
Chelsea (h) win 2-1
Arsenal (a) lose 2-0
Everton (a) draw 0-0

Brighton will have seen the Palace game and think we are there for the taking.They played brilliantly at the beginning against Newcastle and they’ll try the same. United will hold them off and then open them up. But Brighton will get revenge in the cup.

With this confidence we’ll go into the Spurs game and beat them, before a difficult and tired draw at Newcastle. A VAR inspired win against Chelsea will give us some hope, which will be dashed again by 1 point, and no goals, from Arsenal and Everton away.

11 points from 18. Fairly tricky start to the season, really and probably can’t hope for much more without a few signings.

BorisManUtd

Let's beat Brighton first. They won 3-0 at Newcastle and should have got at least a draw against Chelsea.

Fredrik.A

Brighton A -- 3-1 win
Spurs H -- 3-0 win
Newcastle A -- 4-1 win
Chelsea H -- 4-0 win
Arsenal H -- 3-0 win
Everton A - 3-1 win

Easy

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Palace have one of the best away records against the "big 6" clubs. To say it's just palace is pretty disrespectful and exactly why we keep coming unstuck against them. They know how to beat the big teams and have players and a tactic to counter very well.

We are playing away against a side that likes to have possession so our own counter attacks should work nicely.