The next Liverpool manager | Arne Slot Liverpool's Báld Fraud

whitbyviking

Be just their luck for him to turn out to be the least fraudulent Pep Guardiola is my idol. We’d never hear the end of it!

Why does “b ald fr aud” autocorrect to “pep guardiola is my idol” :lol:

NLunited

I hate him already. Sorry @KirkDuyt , but "It is no secret I want to go to Liverpool" just is not an acceptable sentence to utter.
Dutch people don’t mind honesty; it is a big opportunity for him. Why would he deny or lie about it, makes no sense.

Of course it is Pool, so you may have a point there from our perspective.

Stadjer

I just don't think managers are blind to their mistakes in the way a lot of fans might think.

If Slot gets some things wrong, or underestimates certain aspects of the Premier League, it doesn't mean he'll stubbornly stick to his old ways until the end. Most managers are good at adapting, even ten Hag last season is a good example of that, but this season he's turned very stubborn admittedly.

I also don't believe a few examples like De Boer and ten Hag are enough of a sample size to have a bias against Dutch managers.
We (Dutch) have bad managers now? De Boer really ruined our reputation didnt he? :lol:

Dont think Ten Hag deserves the tag of bad Dutch manager. He has a very bad season currently but he already won a small trophy and made two FA cup finals. He finished 3th last season. One bad season doesnt make him a bad manager. If you compare him to English managers for example, he has never finished below one if he can stay ahead of Newcastle.

Personally i think Slot is a fantastic manager. Winning the league with Feyenoord is much more impressive than winning the league with the Ajax team that ETH had. ETH had a team with some wonderkids like de Ligt and de Jong combined with, for the Dutch league, very expensive, high quality and experience players like Tadic and Blind. Slot won the league with a team he scraped together. Slot his European adventures arent to be sniffed at either although ETH missing the CL final by a few minutes is a very good performance. As a personality i do like Slot more than ETH. Slot is smart, funny, wellspoken and respectfull while ETH has a lot less of that.

Wish Slot joined a different club, i want him to do well but i dont want to see Liverpool do well. I suppose i could live with Manchester United winning the league next season with Liverpool finishing second.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dutch people don’t mind honesty; it is a big opportunity for him. Why would he deny or lie about it, makes no sense.

Of course it is Pool, so you may have a point there from our perspective.
Don't think he meant Liverpool in particular anyway. The obvious part is that going from Feyenoord to a top 10 European club is something he wants to do.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
They’ll win some friendlies 7-0 against the likes of Stuttgart and Bologna and the ‘it’s looking better than under Klopp’ stuff will start emerging. They’ll then draw their opening game of the season, lose their second and scrape a 1-0 at Anfield against Luton and the reality will hit them.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
If you compare him to English managers for example, he has never finished below one if he can stay ahead of Newcastle.
Ouch :eek::lol:

Still don't think he is doing a good job, but that's a fact that's a bit crazy. Why are English managers still so shit?

NLunited

It’s not our problem. There is probably going to be a learning curve.

He also will need to rebuild a bit.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Still don't think he is doing a good job, but that's a fact that's a bit crazy. Why are English managers still so shit?
Has there actually been a truly great English manager in the last 40 years?

I guess Robson was still active 40 years ago.

Telsim

I think he will be class for them, though. As a football club, they more or less know what they are doing, and they will have Michael Edwards now as well. I expect them to drop off a bit for 1-2 seasons, while they refresh their squad, then be back challenging again. By that point Guardiola could be gone as well.

redcucumber

ten Hag has only been here for one full season..? Not that there's an abundance of high-flying English managers, but I can't imagine many Newcastle fans would swap him for Howe. Lots of people would love to chuck him for Potter as well, and if it was a crapshoot between the two of them I'd be backing Potter to lead us into next season.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
going to be an adaptation to not have a manager who is to football what Jesus was to European religion.

Stadjer

ten Hag has only been here for one full season..? Not that there's an abundance of high-flying English managers, but I can't imagine many Newcastle fans would swap him for Howe. Lots of people would love to chuck him for Potter as well, and if it was a crapshoot between the two of them I'd be backing Potter to lead us into next season.
I get that ETH has a bad season and is public enemy number one for some at this time. What has Potter done that should give him the edge over ETH? Both did well at the club they managed before they joined Manchester United/Chelsea. Although Ajax fell off after ETH left and Brighton got even better with a new manager. ETH had a above expections first season while Potter was fired in his first season at Chelsea.

Dont see the reason to think that Potter is any better than ETH besides ''atleast he isnt ETH because ETH is doing bad right now''

redcucumber

I get that ETH has a bad season and is public enemy number one for some at this time. What has Potter done that should give him the edge over ETH? Both did well at the club they managed before they joined Manchester United/Chelsea. Although Ajax fell off after ETH left and Brighton got even better with a new manager. ETH had a above expections first season while Potter was fired in his first season at Chelsea.

Dont see the reason to think that Potter is any better than ETH besides ''atleast he isnt ETH because ETH is doing bad right now''
He hasn't proven himself to be a failure at Man Utd. That's literally it. It's the same reason why people would take De Zerbi, Amorim etc over ten Hag. I absolutely don't want Potter but given the choice between him or ten Hag it's Potter all day long.

Apokalips

The overconfidence in here about Slot failing because of Erik's poor performance will probably leave us with egg on our faces.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He hasn't proven himself to be a failure at Man Utd. That's literally it. It's the same reason why people would take De Zerbi, Amorim etc over ten Hag. I absolutely don't want Potter but given the choice between him or ten Hag it's Potter all day long.
Potter failed spectacularly at Chelsea though. Isn't that sort of the same?

redcucumber

Potter failed spectacularly at Chelsea though. Isn't that sort of the same?
Not entirely. There's the contextual factor of there being a mad owner in the mix, ala Boehly the weirdo, which muddies the waters a bit. He's still a really uninspiring, absolute last resort option but ten Hag isn't an option by any metric (unless we include Gazza waistcoat Sazza in the discussion, which we aren't cos feck that).

BlackBen

Let’s see how the Pep Guardiola is my idol does. Hope he turns out shit for them.

Rojofiam

We (Dutch) have bad managers now? De Boer really ruined our reputation didnt he? :lol:

Dont think Ten Hag deserves the tag of bad Dutch manager. He has a very bad season currently but he already won a small trophy and made two FA cup finals. He finished 3th last season. One bad season doesnt make him a bad manager. If you compare him to English managers for example, he has never finished below one if he can stay ahead of Newcastle.

Personally i think Slot is a fantastic manager. Winning the league with Feyenoord is much more impressive than winning the league with the Ajax team that ETH had. ETH had a team with some wonderkids like de Ligt and de Jong combined with, for the Dutch league, very expensive, high quality and experience players like Tadic and Blind. Slot won the league with a team he scraped together. Slot his European adventures arent to be sniffed at either although ETH missing the CL final by a few minutes is a very good performance. As a personality i do like Slot more than ETH. Slot is smart, funny, wellspoken and respectfull while ETH has a lot less of that.

Wish Slot joined a different club, i want him to do well but i dont want to see Liverpool do well. I suppose i could live with Manchester United winning the league next season with Liverpool finishing second.
Agreed with you on ETH.

We'll see how Slot does but he's definitely a different personality to ten Hag. I think he will fail at Liverpool, even though he's probably a good manager. First of all, I've always thought that the first guy after Klopp will likely not be a success, no matter who it is they're going to appoint. Secondly, I don't see even Klopp winning the league or UCL with this squad, let alone his successor who probably won't be able to extract as much out of this squad as the German did. I've been saying for months that they will finish comfortably third and seems like their luck has finally caught up with them in these last few fixtures. They're likely losing Salah and van Dijk too within 2 seasons. I can see Trent leaving as well. That only leaves Alisson in this current squad as an irreplacable world class player. The squad needs major investment if they want to compete with Pep's City (although I have this feeling that Pep will leave at the end of next season), Arteta's Arsenal, and hopefully we will be up there as well if Ineos get things right. I don't think they have the money or pull at Liverpool to build another superteam, to be honest.

And the points I've made are just partly wishful thinking. :D I genuinely think the next 3 to 5 years at least will go for them like the last 11 did for us. In and out of top 4, going through a few managers, never really a serious title challenge or a deep run in the Champions League.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He should call Hag to thank him for not setting a very high bar for bald Dutch managers.

criticalanalysis

Feck sake this is too positive.

What are the potential downfalls of Slot joining Liverpool?

Josep Dowling

It might not be the big name some were expecting but given Klopp’s tactic and squad I think they have made a sensible decision to go with someone that has a similar style. Should make the transition easier. Whether he will actually be any good though time will tell. Hopefully not!