The ONLY way to communicate with the Glazers. Boycott a televised game

Highlyevolved

Looks like something’s been organised. 58th minute against Wolves. It’s a good start if it happens.

Bristol_Red_87

Looks like something’s been organised. 58th minute against Wolves. It’s a good start if it happens.
I would urge everyone to a man/woman to get behind this movement.

I don't get up very often, 3-4 times a season perhaps, but I'd have no reservations about leaving in protest, and ensure my feelings were know outside the ground thereafter.

Highlyevolved

We will never win the league with the Glazers and Woodward in charge, while we just keep tugging on their forelocks and spending money on merchandise, tickets, subscriptions.

The ONLY way they communicate is financially. The ONLY way we change this is to hit them.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I boycotted the entire 2nd half yesterday. Does that count?

bdspeedy

Break the Glazer's ATM. Whatever it takes. Not one P from me. Unfollowed the team on Twitter. We need to end this abusive relationship. Whatever it takes.

Highlyevolved

Break the Glazer's ATM. Whatever it takes. Not one P from me. Unfollowed the team on Twitter. We need to end this abusive relationship. Whatever it takes.
I’ve decided I’m not renewing our season tickets, I already quit MUTV anyway, unfollowed from social media and won’t be buying the new shirts.

It’s a drop in the ocean, but if everyone did the same they’d get the message.

RedNed77

I’ve decided I’m not renewing our season tickets, I already quit MUTV anyway, unfollowed from social media and won’t be buying the new shirts.

It feels utterly futile. Most of the cash they get is from TV rights and commercial deals, which are dependant on TV visibility and success. Even if we all stopped watching them on the TV the lazers would still get their equal share of the tv rights as the fans of other clubs would not stop paying tv subscriptions.

We could organise boycotts of sponsors and brigade the sponsors social media accounts, but I’m not sure the loss of that income alone would be enough to squeeze them out. It’d probably just mean the Glazers give up any pretence at maintaining top 4 and just settle for being a premier league club.

I know nobody wants to hear it but IMHO the only real way we get them to leave the club is if they are personally hounded and owning the club becomes utterly unpalatable. We’d need an American ultra arm for that.

No point harassing Ed as he’d just be replaced with another lickspittle if we hounded him out. It’s got to be the Glazers who are targeted directly and in person and it’s got to be a prolonged and borderline nasty campaign.

Steven-UK

Same here, we are not renewing after 13 years as season ticket holders.

The club is an absolute joke now, and no way are they getting an extra penny from me.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The best way to communicate is to make a call? or organize a meeting, a brunch etc.?

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

Have taken all the same steps, probably won't amount to anything but at least I'll know that I've played my part.

EDIT: I was of the opinion we only needed 2 players this window: a LB and RW. Telles and Sancho for a combined 120m would've been perfect and would have improved our squad demonstrably. Instead we've made 2 good signings (VDB and Telles) and then panic bought a 33 year old, injury prone striker and 2 youngsters... whilst struggling to sell players who have market value, have suitors and want to leave the club. The incompetence and continual cycle of pulling out on managers when they just start to get momentum is so draining man, I'm done.

red thru&thru

what does that mean
I need actually qualified people to confirm, however, from what I understand, the B shares are the one's that hold voting power. The A shares don't and can be bought up on the market. Just like Kevin did last year.

So in theory, 2 of the siblings now hold 0 voting power, whilst the majority power has been given to the remaining 4 siblings.

remo

Glazers do not care unless it affects their pockets. And with Ed running things their pockets will not be affected - boycott or not. Glazers just not passionate about football unlike Abramovich (Chelsea), Sheikh Mansour (City), Qatar Sports Investments (PSG).......

Highlyevolved

I need actually qualified people to confirm, however, from what I understand, the B shares are the one's that hold voting power. The A shares don't and can be bought up on the market. Just like Kevin did last year.

So in theory, 2 of the siblings now hold 0 voting power, whilst the majority power has been given to the remaining 4 siblings.
I don’t know enough about shares to be honest, but is this normally a big indicator they’re preparing to sell? Or can there be another strategy going with that move?

bdspeedy

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the club and have supported them for nearly 30 years but I'm nearly to the point where I HATE, HATE, HATE what the Eddie and the Glazers and the board have done to OUR TEAM, OUR PLAYERS and OUR FANS even more. I'm considering walking away completely until the end of the year. I've got better things to do with my time then supporting these greedy, inept arrogant grifters in any way.

red thru&thru

I don’t know enough about shares to be honest, but is this normally a big indicator they’re preparing to sell? Or can there be another strategy going with that move?
Maybe another strategy. Joel and Avram getting more power, to have more say about how the club is run.

Highlyevolved

Maybe another strategy. Joel and Avram getting more power, to have more say about how the club is run.
That would be concerning.

I’ve supported this club since the late 80’s and it’s the first time I’ve felt like I’m wasting too much of my time and money.

red thru&thru

That would be concerning.

I’ve supported this club since the late 80’s and it’s the first time I’ve felt like I’m wasting too much of my time and money.
I understand where you're coming from. But no one can decide who and what will be the best set up?

Personally - I would love for the Glazers to sell to a wealthy individual, who will run the club self sufficiently. Debt is gone and all money is pumped into the whole football club. Get in VdS as ceo and let him bring in the people to make it a force again.

Second option (more realistic) - Joel and Avram are said to be Manchester United "fans." So if they have all they say and are not as worried as much about profits as their other siblings, who have no affection for the club, we can actually started making football decisions first and then financial. Again, get rid of Ed and bring in VdS.

But any of the above won't happen anytime soon. That is the sad truth.

G_and_T

Am I the only one who is getting tired of this narrative? It seems that this club can't do anything right by anyone.

We lose a couple of games everyone wants Ole out. We win 5 games in a row, Ole should stay. The players are good then they aren't good enough. The club were wrong not to buy Harry Maguire for Jose, then the club were stupid to pay 80 million for Maguire. The club shouldn't sell Pogba, then Pogba is the worst. It just never stops.

The fans treat signings like expensive toys in a shop that THEY MUST HAVE NOW without any thought about what is economically viable, or any thought that actually, 108 million for a player is ridiculous.

I am not telling people they should or shouldn't protest, but I am so tired of all the over scrutiny from ex players, fans and football pundits, none of whom know what is actually going on behind the scenes.

All of you are powerless to change the way MU do business or run the club. Your hastags, or boycotts only serve the continued anti utd agenda the football press love to spin because MU is such a big brand and a big club it gets them website clicks and sales. And all this does, is pile on the pressure on young men and destroy their confidence. Don't believe me? Read interviews with ex players who say the constant harassment by fans on SM and in the press destroyed their confidence and made them want to stop playing football.

Now that the window is closed, all we will hear about is how MU are going to hire Pochettino. Or someone else. It's so predictable and boring now, it's hard to take anything seriously.

Stop fanning the flames and actually just support the club. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. At the end of the day, it's just a football match and not a matter of life or death.

Reactions: Dargonk

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Never going to happen.

To put it into perspective, we are a tiny vocal minority. A very small percentage of the people attend the games are even aware of the discontent we discuss here.

They are happy with what's happening and get their dose ofv football for 90 minutes a week and forget about United for the rest of the time.

It's only us caftards that put ourselves through this masochistic echo chamber of discontent.
I felt that. :lol::p:p:mad::mad::(

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Am I the only one who is getting tired of this narrative? It seems that this club can't do anything right by anyone.

We lose a couple of games everyone wants Ole out. We win 5 games in a row, Ole should stay. The players are good then they aren't good enough. The club were wrong not to buy Harry Maguire for Jose, then the club were stupid to pay 80 million for Maguire. The club shouldn't sell Pogba, then Pogba is the worst. It just never stops.

The fans treat signings like expensive toys in a shop that THEY MUST HAVE NOW without any thought about what is economically viable, or any thought that actually, 108 million for a player is ridiculous.

I am not telling people they should or shouldn't protest, but I am so tired of all the over scrutiny from ex players, fans and football pundits, none of whom know what is actually going on behind the scenes.

All of you are powerless to change the way MU do business or run the club. Your hastags, or boycotts only serve the continued anti utd agenda the football press love to spin because MU is such a big brand and a big club it gets them website clicks and sales. And all this does, is pile on the pressure on young men and destroy their confidence. Don't believe me? Read interviews with ex players who say the constant harassment by fans on SM and in the press destroyed their confidence and made them want to stop playing football.

Now that the window is closed, all we will hear about is how MU are going to hire Pochettino. Or someone else. It's so predictable and boring now, it's hard to take anything seriously.

Stop fanning the flames and actually just support the club. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. At the end of the day, it's just a football match and not a matter of life or death.
Fabulous post and sums up my feelings about MU fans & a lot of the posters on here to be honest.

It’s not even the Glazers, if Evra, a man who eats sleeps and breathes Man Utd states that the Glazers adore Man Utd & want nothing but the best for the club, then I’m more inclined to believe a man who actually know the Glazers than a bunch of Green and Gold protestors.

Evra praising the Glazers proof:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The fan base is far too large to have everyone signing from the same hymn sheet but I am so, so confident the club is effectively snookered until the Glazers go.

Revan

Assumptionman
Bryan converted his B shares to A shares.
Hard to know what exactly this means, but possibly him wanting out without removing the voting power from his siblings. Maybe a step towards putting them in stock exchange?

Nickelodeon

My issue is more with Woodward than Glazers. We spend the money (which Glazers control) but don't do it in a planned manner. The issue with Glazers is that they really need to step in and take Woodward out or at least try and implement a proper football club structure.

Don't think they're aiming to have a high net spend along with being one of the highest paymasters and still be a losing side.

red thru&thru

Hard to know what exactly this means, but possibly him wanting out without removing the voting power from his siblings. Maybe a step towards putting them in stock exchange?
Well it definitely doesn't give him the same power as he held previously. He can now sell his shares on the stock market. So from 6, it is now down to 4 siblings who hold majority.

Highlyevolved

Nobodies saying “Ole out” on this thread.

Notice you’re a new member, are you here on the wind up?

Highlyevolved

My issue is more with Woodward than Glazers. We spend the money (which Glazers control) but don't do it in a planned manner. The issue with Glazers is that they really need to step in and take Woodward out or at least try and implement a proper football club structure.

Don't think they're aiming to have a high net spend along with being one of the highest paymasters and still be a losing side.
It feels like we’ve lacked a strategy since Gill and Ferguson left. But don’t forget the amount of money the Glazers have taken out of the club after riddling us with their debt.

In the same period SM put around £1bn IN to Man City, the Glazers took out roughly the same. That’s a £2bn difference in money invested in the club for transfers, staff, training complex, scouting network etc.

Agree Woodward seems to be the problem with the day to day running of the club. I still can’t believe we don’t have a DOF.

The problem we have actually stems from our success under Fergie. He was an outlier, he handled so many areas of this club that other managers have no interest or experience in. The hole he left wasn’t just in the dugout.

There’s been no real strategy or contingency for that hole.

I believe OGS has made the best transfers in and out since Fergie. I’m not convinced by his tactical proficiency for the game though.

Maybe OGS is the perfect DOF, and a dignified move from being coach/manager to make room for Poch.

G_and_T

Nobodies saying “Ole out” on this thread.

Notice you’re a new member, are you here on the wind up?
Hi, I was referring to the atmosphere around the club in general and the constant recycling of negativity towards every aspect of the club. I am not trying to wind anyone up. This morning I saw lots of posts, on this website, in the news and SM, regarding Ole needing replacing. If you re-read my post I think it's clear I am talking in general about the entire circus surrounding UTD ever since SAF left and not accusing people in this particular thread of saying Ole Out. Thanks.

clarkydaz

Hi, I was referring to the atmosphere around the club in general and the constant recycling of negativity towards every aspect of the club. I am not trying to wind anyone up. This morning I saw lots of posts, on this website, in the news and SM, regarding Ole needing replacing. If you re-read my post I think it's clear I am talking in general about the entire circus surrounding UTD ever since SAF left and not accusing people in this particular thread of saying Ole Out. Thanks.
The ole out stuff came last night in the media before the window had even officially closed. Its all damage limitation and PR for their own calamities

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think all the dithering in transfers is happening because the major decisions are decided by how many glazers. Do they even get on? Do they all know about football? Too many cooks. What if 2 of them are mad to spend and the rest just want to collect more money each year. That would surely slow things right down. It would also explain why we always look so reactionary.

Zen86

I think all the dithering in transfers is happening because the major decisions are decided by how many glazers. Do they even get on? Do they all know about football? Too many cooks. What if 2 of them are mad to spend and the rest just want to collect more money each year. That would surely slow things right down. It would also explain why we always look so reactionary.
I get the impression they will spend to maintain the status quo, and nothing more. Beyond staying in the top 4 and ensuring the ‘brand’ stays in tact, I doubt they care.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I get the impression they will spend to maintain the status quo, and nothing more. Beyond staying in the top 4 and ensuring the ‘brand’ stays in tact, I doubt they care.
I hear that one or 2 of them are actually big United and football fans. Imagine having an equal partner family business but it being on that scale with this scrutiny? It’s super messy. They can’t spend recklessly, but then they can and it backfires and around and around we go. That would explain us only seriously going after Maguire when he was our last obvious option but his cost was highest... it’s hard to get ahead or be proactive before a problem exists if everyone isn’t on the same page behind the scenes

pastyfool

You’re not the only one.

Zed 101

If we keep putting in performance like the one against Spurs then a Boycott will be automatic, I turned off on 35 minutes, glutton for punishment though I am I will be viewing on record only not live for the foreseeable future.