The ONLY way to communicate with the Glazers. Boycott a televised game

clarkydaz

there must have been 10,000 empty seats start of the game anyway. People are already not going, even season ticket holders next to me are giving them to other people. it happened towards the end of LVG and he was being questioned about it

romufc

There seems to be alot more movement by the press on this.

We saw Gary Neville over the weekend, Rio yesterday and journalists as well blaming Woodward.

The pressure will tell once Ole has to answer these questions on a weekly basis.

However patient he is, there are signs that Ole is about to blow.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Glaziers are happy if cash keeps flowing in and debt is serviced , they only want to rinse the club as its purely business. Any boycott wouldn’t scratch the surface except give ammunition to trolls to bait fans with. MUFC is a cash making brand, long gone are the days of a local club getting main income through the turnstiles - its a corporate world and Glaziers are doing very well with the status quo - they don’t need to change or aren’t worried about a few fans disenchantment. They are playing a long game and winning, unlike the team and fans.
Then the only way as someone mentioned, is boycott season tickets. Except people are too scared to do it. A smaller club can organise things better. We are so big it is hard to co-ordinate this sort of thing, same with people not buying tickets on a game to game basis. Maybe the supporters clubs need to get together and all agree not to go to games on a certain day. Trouble is there is only the City game that would have a big impact.

DomesticTadpole

We saw Gary Neville over the weekend, Rio yesterday and journalists as well blaming Woodward.

The pressure will tell once Ole has to answer these questions on a weekly basis.

Ole shouldn't have to answer these questions. We only hear from him once a year when he wants to tell everybody how fecking amazing he is.

romufc

Ole shouldn't have to answer these questions. We only hear from him once a year when he wants to tell everybody how fecking amazing he is.
I agree Ole shouldn't, but when you cannot question the CEO, I'm afraid questions will be asked at Ole's press conferences.

That's how it is. There will be journalists asking about the atmosphere and the impact it has on players, on his opinions.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The latest figures put the club value up by about $400m in the past quarter. In the internet era, a brand like Man Utd is a licence to print money, no matter how bad they are on the pitch. Sponsors will be lining up to replace any that might withdraw due to bad press. It could take decades before the Glazers would be remotely threatened by finanical failings due to poor results and/or fan protests. I can't think why they would ever give up this cash-cow unless they either get bored of printing money or end up fearing for their safety.
Lets throw pound coins at them.

DomesticTadpole

Yeah, that and Italia 90 getting the middle classes interested.
Agree that the game has been taken away from the working class. Going back the players were closer to the fans as well, now they only connect for publicity purposes arranged by the club. There is a big disconnect. That is what money does.

Eleven-Eighteen

Don't live in the UK so can't boycott games. But i've definitely stopped buying any United merchandise/ gifting any to my mates. Sucks to make the club suffer financially on top of everything else, but hey the performances are dogshit anyway. The only people doing well are the Glazers - they need to feel the embarassment and pain too

DomesticTadpole

Why not do what the German fans did in protest at Monday Night games. They threw tennis balls on the pitch. What about 75,000 ping pong balls (don't want someone being whacked by a tennis ball from the top tier).

CallyRed

I've unsubscribed from receiving newsletters from the website and United Direct.

Take that Glazers.

van Nistelrooy

Why not do what the German fans did in protest at Monday Night games. They threw tennis balls on the pitch. What about 75,000 ping pong balls (don't want someone being whacked by a tennis ball from the top tier).
Charlton Athletic did similar with rubber ducks.

I like this idea if it had a green and gold theme.

Josep Dowling

Just don’t renew your season ticket... wait until they spend money in the transfer market.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The P45 idea was great.

Bulk print shit loads of P45s with eds name on it and chuck it to the pitch. They will have to keep stopping to remove the paper and it will definately be spoken about :lol:

JoaquinJoaquin

Even Sporting Lisbon fans the other night kept throwing smoke bombs on the pitch for about 10 minutes. Was done in a manner that it was away from the players but done enough to make a statement. I don't normally condone that kind of thing, but we are in a desperate situation here.

Highlyevolved

Too many season tickets holders to affect the match day revenue. They have paid already so why not turn up?
Pressure building in the press is what will hurt the club as this alone will affect sponsorship deals. No one will want to be on our shirts for a big fee if we are in the press for being poorly run.
Walking out at half time or coming in at 30 minutes is a good one as it gets picked up in and pictures are in the papers. Demos outside the ground and training ground also get highlighted. Banners outside Woodward’s house will also hit the headline. Just need to find that pricks address.
agreed but already acknowledged in the original in the original post. It’s symbolic of the fact the fans could pull money next season. We all know they’ve already paid.

Highlyevolved

The P45 idea was great.

Bulk print shit loads of P45s with eds name on it and chuck it to the pitch. They will have to keep stopping to remove the paper and it will definately be spoken about :lol:
would get media attention and the sponsors would be concerned.

Highlyevolved

Glaziers are happy if cash keeps flowing in and debt is serviced , they only want to rinse the club as its purely business. Any boycott wouldn’t scratch the surface except give ammunition to trolls to bait fans with. MUFC is a cash making brand, long gone are the days of a local club getting main income through the turnstiles - its a corporate world and Glaziers are doing very well with the status quo - they don’t need to change or aren’t worried about a few fans disenchantment. They are playing a long game and winning, unlike the team and fans.
this is what I don’t understand. You a knowledge United are now a cash making brand.

But don’t put any weight towards the fact the fans can influence the amount of profit directly.

Boycott merchandise, boycott sponsors.

Upset sponsors by advertising rival brands on match day.

Hit the Glazers where it hurts. Financially.

They won’t like questions or pressure from sponsors to fix the issues. It will ultimately devalue the club they want to sell for profit later. It will force their hand to invest.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Ole will just blame us fans for kicking a fuss.

JoaquinJoaquin

Who cares what Ole says at this point. He is clearly towing the company line because he has to for his own job security. He has no business telling the fans what they can and can't do anymore. Remember, Ole was one of the most vocal against Glazers pre-takeover.

romufc

He is clearly saying exactly what Ed and the board tell him to say, other than that he does not want to answer questions.

It was his interview yesterday saying he doesnt want to answer transfer questions until the window is closed.

Didn't he say something about the chants are not from "real manutd" fans.

Foxbatt

Forget about Ole for now. Someone should fly a plane with a banner about Woodward. It's pointless targeting the Glazers but Woodward can be vulnerable.

Hughie77

Who cares what Ole says at this point. He is clearly towing the company line because he has to for his own job security. He has no business telling the fans what they can and can't do anymore. Remember, Ole was one of the most vocal against Glazers pre-takeover.
Agree , he is the yes man for them it's becoming clearer day by day, and there not going to get one player in in Jan, I feel there going to throw ole under the bus and sack him, then it's all his fault not there's,!

JohnnyKills

One possible way forward might be to boycott United's sponsors and pressure them on social media. But it's really hard to see how anything can really make the Glazers uncomfortable.

Steerpike

Then the only way as someone mentioned, is boycott season tickets. Except people are too scared to do it. A smaller club can organise things better. We are so big it is hard to co-ordinate this sort of thing, same with people not buying tickets on a game to game basis. Maybe the supporters clubs need to get together and all agree not to go to games on a certain day. Trouble is there is only the City game that would have a big impact.
How about going to the games and just chanting 'Fu** of Glazers' throughout the entire match, especially the ones which are live on TV. The Premier League would be forced to take action, perhaps even having games played behind closed doors, the TV companies would be reluctant to select United games for live coverage, and sponsors would start to question whether their association with United was positive. United remain a big draw for the TV companies, and it is probable that the amount of money companies would be willing to pay to secure TV rights would go down if they no longer felt broadcasting United games was viable (which would upset every other club in the league).

Perhaps some green and yellow banners and scarves with the letters FOG on them would add a bit of visual impact to proceedings.

The Glazers will be reluctant to walk away while the club remains a cash machine, so we have to create a scenario where it ceases to be one. Harming TV and sponsorship income, and causing damage to the brand, would do just that.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Forget about Ole for now. Someone should fly a plane with a banner about Woodward. It's pointless targeting the Glazers but Woodward can be vulnerable.
The banner people already tried that. Didn't work.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Was discussing something on topic last night. Commentators never reference the anti-Glazer or Woodward campaign as much as say owner issues at Arsenal, Newcastle or even the old Liverpool owners.

Other than the initial green and gold campaign when they took over, I feel the media turn a blind eye to it. I know G Nev has made a few remarks, but other than that...

Last night I was surprised the BT sport commentators didn't react to "Love United, Hate Glazers"

laughtersassassin

Honestly, the best thing for fans to do is disrupt the games. That will get serious publicity.

Like when us Irish fans threw all the tennis balls on the pitch and it had to be stopped for a bit.

Disrupt the game, Premier league will fine United etc. Media will cover it.

If it was up to me:

Anti Glazer songs Win lose or Draw.

Have every stand in Green and Gold. A picture paints a thousand words.

Pick a minute and at each home game until we have some communication at the leasr do a stunt like throwing tennis balls on the pitch.

Do all that and something will happen much quicker than sitting doing nothing.

Could also just have no one go to games but that is impossible sadly.

United Hobbit

I was actually glad BT kept showing the pictures of the ground emptying yesterday while I know most of the powers that be wont have been watching I was glad they didn't gloss over it/ just show it once they kept going back to it. Probably because it was more interesting than the football but still!
I know some people usually leave early and it did look really foggy there and was a late kick off and people have work but I bet you wouldn't have seen those extreme levels of emptiness if we had been drawing/ winning or even a goal down. I've also not seen it that empty at the start of a game either
Also noticeable in his last 2 interviews shows the interviewer has really pressed Ole on questions he's tried to dodge

I know part of it is due to the lack of them advertising but the supporters club near me is struggling to get numbers for their coach package they offer and are potentially cancelling some of the trips. It will be a shame if they no longer run next season as there was talk last season they wouldn't be able to keep running unless numbers picked up then Ole had his initial run. It would be a shame if they did stop doing the trips as they are my main way of getting to games as they offer such a useful package of the coach and ticket as I'm not local

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Boycotting Old Trafford is a much massive statement. Boycotting a game on TV doesn't do a single thing. You either purchase a subscription or you don't.
I think you missed the point. He wasn't saying not to watch the game on TV. He was saying to boycott a game that is televised so the world would see empty seats...

Ranchero

Forget protests outside the club.

Forget trending hashtags on twitter.

The only language the Glazers speak is money.

Commercially the club still do well, that won’t last forever if results don’t change on the pitch. The squad needed serious investment this season. It didn’t happen. They are taking the fans for a ride.

Yes. They’ve already sold the tickets.

But, hear me out.

Choose a game this year. Make sure it’s televised. Boycott it.

Empty ground will make world news.
Investors and sponsors will take notice, it will force the Glazers hand. The visual act itself will be a watershed moment, showing this club is still about the fans, and not the Glazers.

Boycott the merchandise too.

It is the ONLY way.
Another Glazers out thread? ;)

Gillis

I know part of it is due to the lack of them advertising but the supporters club near me is struggling to get numbers for their coach package they offer and are potentially cancelling some of the trips. It will be a shame if they no longer run next season as there was talk last season they wouldn't be able to keep running unless numbers picked up then Ole had his initial run. It would be a shame if they did stop doing the trips as they are my main way of getting to games as they offer such a useful package of the coach and ticket as I'm not local
Similar situation to me. My supporters club is considering downsizing next year from a 50 seater coach to 16 seater minibus. If everyone is starting to feel like this it might not be too pretty next year

United Hobbit

Similar situation to me. My supporters club is considering downsizing next year from a 50 seater coach to 16 seater minibus. If everyone is starting to feel like this it might not be too pretty next year
Interesting yours is the same when I was first using mine think it was 2 years ago we were playing Southampton just after Xmas and drew 0-0, ours had a really posh full on coach with toilet etc, now it is a similar size mini bus to yours no toilet etc. Wasn't even full for the Liverpool game. I think they do need to use social media a bit more but if the people running it arent paid by the club they probably dont want to add more time to it when they have their own jobs.
However youd think people would be jumping at the chance to use it, I can only do a couple of games a season due to cost but I think the Wolves game only has the people who I believe are season ticket holders on it. Shame as they are so good.

Tiber

as long as they get the TV money and overseas sponsorship etc they wont give a ****

Its missing out on Adidas money by missing the champions league which will piss them off

Lee Woodworth

Constant anti Glazer and Woodward chanting from minute 1.

Like someone else has said, pick a minute and the whole stadium turn there backs on the pitch.

Not sure about chucking stuff on the pitch. That will only get the stewards intervening and probably getting ejected.

As much disruption as we can to the message across to these horrible parasites.

DFreshKing

A few of us were warning about the glaziers ownership long ago but there was plenty of supporters to argue the point. Still this season people point to money spent without any context. The money that has been spent is the least they felt they could get away with - not in the context of the huge rebuild needed but just accounting figures and book balancing while still taking large slices of dividends.

They know they have an easy out and can sell at a huge profit even after nosedives in performance and position. This was the warning to the glazier in crowd and now we are seeing the fruits. It will get worse regardless of manager because they do not care about the sporting aspirations, only the reflection on the revenue and overall value of the brand, these are much more resilient to loss of performance and player investment than league position and major trophies.