The ONLY way to communicate with the Glazers. Boycott a televised game

dal

Glazers have made Us very rich. We have won the UCL with them in charge and many leagues.

I bet when we brought all those players for large sums in 2014-2016 was the same fan base wanting their head now, who were cheering then.

ferguson left it’s going to take some time to get it right. I feel we are on the road back now with proper long term vision.

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Money isn’t the answer as we seen it plays it’s part, yes. We just need a long term vision, rather the very short term view we’ve been taking recently.

Better the devil you know, in my case they ain’t devils, shrewd businessmen who will make billions when they sell off a tiny initial investment.

Proofs in the facts and if you look over their whole tenure of running utd we’ve been the most successful club in England. And well return.

arthurka

Glazers have made Us very rich. We have won the UCL with them in charge and many leagues.

I bet when we brought all those players for large sums in 2014-2016 was the same fan base wanting their head now, who were cheering then.

ferguson left it’s going to take some time to get it right. I feel we are on the road back now with proper long term vision.

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Money isn’t the answer as we seen it plays it’s part, yes. We just need a long term vision, rather the very short term view we’ve been taking recently.

Better the devil you know, in my case they ain’t devils, shrewd businessmen who will make billions when they sell off a tiny initial investment.

Proofs in the facts and if you look over their whole tenure of running utd we’ve been the most successful club in England. And well return.
Not sure you will get much love on here with this Joel.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The problem with protest is that it has to be clear what you are protesting about. Nobody took any notice of Green and Gold. Nobody cared when thousands left for FC United. An empty stadium would be effective but without a message it wont go anywhere.

What are people protesting about exactly?

Red00012

3 pages in 5 months will tell you how well this protest will go

Hambley

I guess the most effective way to banish Glazers is up to Manchester fans. It's really up to them to make it uncomfortable for Glazers. Don't buy season tickets, club merch and boycott home fixtures. It's not about "patriotism" and all that stuff when someone has been ruining your club for years and will do it untill the club falls to the Championship. Glazers brainwash many fans with all these cliches as "back to our identity", "youth", "long term perspective", "the United way", trick on nostalgia and Fergie times and that looks ridiculous from the ones who wouldn't differ american soccer from english football. I mean if you keep providing them with money why would you complain about the current situation? Instead of mass protests against them I see crowds of fans praising Ole and feed on a trick called "rebuilding". C'mon, guys. Glazers always lie and they will never bring you back success and United you used to adore once.

Irrational.

The problem with protest is that it has to be clear what you are protesting about. Nobody took any notice of Green and Gold. Nobody cared when thousands left for FC United. An empty stadium would be effective but without a message it wont go anywhere.

What are people protesting about exactly?
Something about taking 'er money outa 'er club.

I've never understood the anti-Glazer brigade. Our downfall has been the terrible footballing decisions we've made over the years, and as far as I know they've stayed away from that whilst supporting the managers well financially.

Eire Red United

I've never understood the anti-Glazer brigade. Our downfall has been the terrible footballing decisions we've made over the years, and as far as I know they've stayed away from that whilst supporting the managers well financially.
In fairness the money has been there post Fergie, but for Fergies last few seasons we spent feck all, especially post Ronaldo when a blind man could see we needed investment. And yes we were relatively successful but that was down to one mans magic which left the club with him.

So are we saying the lack of investment in those years was Fergie not wanting to spend or the Glazers holding back the funds thinking as long as the titles keep coming theres no need to waste money strengthening?

sparx99

In fairness the money has been there post Fergie, but for Fergies last few seasons we spent feck all, especially post Ronaldo when a blind man could see we needed investment. And yes we were relatively successful but that was down to one mans magic which left the club with him.

So are we saying the lack of investment in those years was Fergie not wanting to spend or the Glazers holding back the funds thinking as long as the titles keep coming theres no need to waste money strengthening?
Fergie talked a lot about how much convincing he had to do to get the money for RVP.

VWW

I've mentioned this before a couple of times in a previous thread and hardly got a response.

Its difficult to ask season ticket holders or people who have tickets to boycott an entire match. So do what the scousers did, leave 10 mins or some arbitrary number before the game ends. Everyone leaving in droves will send a message and is hard to ignore especially with all the cameras. It minimises the affect on the players without hurting supporters economically (boycotting the entire match).

I seem to remember the scousers did it a few times when their club increased ticket prices and it worked. The thing that bugs me is that it took them just a few months to get organised and do this. But we seem to be going round in circles every time this topic of how to deal with the Glazers arises. How can the scousers be this organised and effective and were not? :confused:

Reactions: Adzzz

patty123

Ah the years of AF telling us "there's no value in the market" so hard to know who was at fault if you are looking from a neutral point of view, as we all know of his stubbornness and so can't really see him trotting out stuff like that if he was told to, as remember this is a guy who thought he could take on 2 of our then biggest shareholders (magnier and mcmanus) and win, so lets be brutally honest, we have the owners we do in part thanks to AF.

Now if all reports over the past few days have any truth to it that its just not on the pitch that liverpool hold reign over us, it will be in money making they will also over take us next year, wonder what the reaction will be by Ed and the owners.

Highlyevolved

A lot boycott tv already with use of streams....

The only thing that will affect the Glazers is when sponsors drop off, shirt deals not as profitable as they once where. Kit manufacturers not renewing for previous valuation etc.

Fans have a big voice, but not as much input financially as people think.

You need the sponsors dropping off and the valuation of new deals vastly reduced for the Glazers to give a feck and jump ship.
Nothing will make the sponsors more nervous than empty seats, lower sales of Adidas merchandise, or as a previous poster said a placards showing rivals of the sponsors. Nike, Puma, Ford, Pot Noodle ha!

Highlyevolved

I've mentioned this before a couple of times in a previous thread and hardly got a response.

Its difficult to ask season ticket holders or people who have tickets to boycott an entire match. So do what the scousers did, leave 10 mins or some arbitrary number before the game ends. Everyone leaving in droves will send a message and is hard to ignore especially with all the cameras. It minimises the affect on the players without hurting supporters economically (boycotting the entire match).

I seem to remember the scousers did it a few times when their club increased ticket prices and it worked. The thing that bugs me is that it took them just a few months to get organised and do this. But we seem to be going round in circles every time this topic of how to deal with the Glazers arises. How can the scousers be this organised and effective and were not? :confused:
It hurts but maybe because they care more than our fans - ouch! We’ve accepted this for too long and any idea on here gets talked down by many who have no ideas to contribute themselves.

While we bicker and don’t organise anything the Glazers continue to move money out of the club and over to America

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa

The club is currently the biggest joke club in Europe how does that look? I live in Germany and hear it every day. "What happened to Manchester United?"

Highlyevolved

To answer your question simply. The poor footballing decisions have been made by Ed Woodward.

The Glazers keep Ed Woodward in this position and enable this, due to his v good performance in sponsorship deals.

They respond only to financial performance. That is why it’s their fault.

ROFLUTION

Maybe its time to take some common action / uproar against what somehow seems to be a more feasible and reasonable action instead of removing the owners?

Why not just try to focus on the bad decision-taker himself - Ed Woodward?

OverratedOpinion

1. Being the largest brand in football until 2017 has made us rich. Woodwards "genius" marketing happened to coincide with a football related revenue boom that strangely saw all Premier League clubs revenue increase greatly.
2. Having the greatest manager of all time who could find players like Ronaldo, Vidic and Evra for just over 20 million combined made us successful.
3. No one ever "cheered on" the Glazers.
4. A long term vision often comes from owners who take an interest in on field success and ensure they have the right people in key positions.
5. Bully for them, hopefully they will make those billions nice and soon.
6. Thank Christ for Sir Alex Ferguson, we were the most successful club in England by a far greater margin before them.

Simon Jones

they haven't made "US" rich, they've made themselves rich. "US", as in the club, are still in the red because of the debt the Glazers put onto the club. yes, they've increased revenues but the majority of increased revenue would have come about regardless of the owner because this coincided with a huge increase in TV/commercial income for all premier league club because of the TV rights being sold around the world.

Kopral Jono

I remember one guy on this forum suggested taking placards and signs, of direct competitors of our main sponsors.
So perhaps Nike and Ford boards?
That'll get Adidas and Chevrolet wondering what is up.
I quite like this. Two big feck off banners of a Nike swoosh and a Ford blue oval, or smaller placards of them like you suggested, would send a message to the Glazers.

prateik

There are ways of getting the message across, but United are so big, any protest will have to be on a huge scale to be noticed.. or right on camera during a match ..

Even if the entire caf unfollows/unsubscribes from everything United and not watch any televised/official stream, it wouldnt even be noticed.

clarkydaz

I quite like this. Two big feck off banners of a Nike swoosh and a Ford blue oval, or smaller placards of them like you suggested, would send a message to the Glazers.
You cant take banners/signs into Old Trafford. Apart from chants the most damaging and realistic move would be a mass walkout during the game. Instantly goes around the world as a visible talking point

red thru&thru

Glazer reshuffle happening by all accounts. I stand to be corrected by more experts on the following, but I'm led to believe Joel and Avram are getting control of more of the shares from the other four siblings. I'm guessing they're trying to get more control so they can start a fresh.

Ed needs to be taken off from footballing duties, which probably will be a confirmation by the summer.

A re stabilisation phase happening at the moment. Ed has simply blown lots of money on transfers and the wage bill. They will need to show profits to the bank, so they don't have to pay loam off straight away. The Alibaba deal in summer will help massively and then so will the new shirt deal in summer 21.

But most important thing that Joel needs to do is come out and speak of how they intend to get us out of this rot. Till then, fans should boycott and show their dissent.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They should be fearing for their lives for what they've done to our club. There is a reason they don't attend many games. They simply don't care that much and probably a little nervous someone will get at them if they do.

fecking scum the whole family. I'd dance on the old twats grave if given the chance. Twice. Maybe three times.

Anyone who defends these owners is no United fan.

RoyH1

Nothing is going to happen. As mediocre as we are, we're not bad enough for there to be enough momentum to organize a real big boycott/walkout in Old Trafford. For better and for worse, we're probably the most forgiving fanbase of any big club in the world. We are so loyal incredibly to our own and couldn't dream of pulling the crap they do down in Spain or Italy.

They should be fearing for their lives for what they've done to our club. There is a reason they don't attend many games. They simply don't care that much and probably a little nervous someone will get at them if they do.

fecking scum the whole family. I'd dance on the old twats grave if given the chance. Twice. Maybe three times.

A bit extreme, don't you think?

ROFLUTION

I see some comments about that we can only do something on a large scale, and that its impossible to unite that many fans to get the media focusing

Well, in a grass-root movement the first movements are not necesarily meant to create attention from media - its just about getting the message out there.

Its about sending waves to other United fans, that then will join in. The first 5 who protest will probably not make someone drop the jaw, but its about spurring more people on.

People are way too scared of doing something in here. If it fails, so what? Nothing lost. Yet people act like "Meh, everything's been done and it didnt work - let me put you in your place".

I say feck it. Try and do what you can, where you can. Ideas, boycuts, positive backing of other fans - anything that has a positivity towards the goal. That goal in my eyes is the removal of Woodward (that's possibly the most realistic we can achieve by putting pressure on and he's the reason for our bad decisions on a general level). So join in with ideas, no matter how stupid they might be. They might spur other ideas or other fans on to something.

Denis' cuff

Ah the years of AF telling us "there's no value in the market" so hard to know who was at fault if you are looking from a neutral point of view, as we all know of his stubbornness and so can't really see him trotting out stuff like that if he was told to, as remember this is a guy who thought he could take on 2 of our then biggest shareholders (magnier and mcmanus) and win, so lets be brutally honest, we have the owners we do in part thanks to AF.

Now if all reports over the past few days have any truth to it that its just not on the pitch that liverpool hold reign over us, it will be in money making they will also over take us next year, wonder what the reaction will be by Ed and the owners.
regardless of his status, SAF had to comply with the party line. No way in the world his “no value” or “cow in a field” had any credibility. he was doing what Ole is doing now; keeping schtum and protecting his cashflow. People bitch about Jose, but at least he had the balls to question the motives of the club (as did LVG) and call out Pogba and his entourage. He knew he couldnt win the tug of war with funds, so like the players, he downed tools and waited to be sacked, took the remainder of his salary with him. Don’t blame him. Everyone else is drinking from the trough but too shit scared to say owt, lest the well dries up. The way we are going, the well is going to dry up alright.

people criticised Gill for protesting (verbally) and then conforming. Fergie knew to keep his mouth shut and stay on the gravy train. Gill protested when it was merely a possibility. Once it became reality he kept his mouth shut to save his arse. Like Fergie. They’re all still there lapping it up. Ex player keeping their nose clean in case they upset the hierarchy... it’s finally beyond that and Red Nev and Keane are finally saying what us humble supporters have been saying for years.

they’re all complicit in putting themselves first and nobody gives a shite about the club.

arse covering all over the place whilst they drink from the trough.

Last edited:

JoaquinJoaquin

Nothing is going to happen. As mediocre as we are, we're not bad enough for there to be enough momentum to organize a real big boycott/walkout in Old Trafford. For better and for worse, we're probably the most forgiving fanbase of any big club in the world. We are so loyal incredibly to our own and couldn't dream of pulling the crap they do down in Spain or Italy.
And that is why alot of our fans deserve mediocrity

OleGunnar20

I see some comments about that we can only do something on a large scale, and that its impossible to unite that many fans to get the media focusing

Well, in a grass-root movement the first movements are not necesarily meant to create attention from media - its just about getting the message out there.

Its about sending waves to other United fans, that then will join in. The first 5 who protest will probably not make someone drop the jaw, but its about spurring more people on.

People are way too scared of doing something in here. If it fails, so what? Nothing lost. Yet people act like "Meh, everything's been done and it didnt work - let me put you in your place".

I say feck it. Try and do what you can, where you can. Ideas, boycuts, positive backing of other fans - anything that has a positivity towards the goal. That goal in my eyes is the removal of Woodward (that's possibly the most realistic we can achieve by putting pressure on and he's the reason for our bad decisions on a general level). So join in with ideas, no matter how stupid they might be. They might spur other ideas or other fans on to something.
Spot on! What's there to lose?

TRUERED89

Guess SAF wasn't a United fan then? When he told us go support Chelsea :lol:

Russky14

Well said. Its about Regime change in whatever guise that takes. I set up a thread with that name to see really what appetite there was to start something. Unsurprisingly, many are feeling re-signed to fate.

Its about being organised and that is easier said than done but the rumblings of dis-content are at that tipping point. Vocal & visible dis-content needs to occur are home and away games. Feck the team performance at the moment as we are fecked this season end of. There is a far far bigger picture here.

There 000's of fans who I am sure would put £10 to £20 into a pot to create media campaign etc. Its getting organised and getting the message out there as well as ramping up pressure. Where are the monthly Board meetings held? There is a fans/club F2F meetings - the dialogue in these needs to change.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Guess SAF wasn't a United fan then? When he told us go support Chelsea :lol:
He's one of the reasons we ended up with them. He fell out with the Irish men over a horse and money which led to the takeover. Obviously we can forgive him because of all he did for us as manager but hes not squeaky clean in all this tbf.

Just sick of the whole thing. They've been disastrous for this club. It's time they went. I feel it's coming too.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's one of the reasons we ended up with them. He fell out with the Irish men over a horse and money which led to the takeover. Obviously we can forgive him because of all he did for us as manager but hes not squeaky clean in all this tbf.

Just sick of the whole thing. They've been disastrous for this club. It's time they went. I feel it's coming too.
I think we are 5-6 years away from that yet. They will bleed everything they can from this club before they sell.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think we are 5-6 years away from that yet. They will bleed everything they can from this club before they sell.
:(

If they stay for another 5-6 years god help us. Think things are desperate now......jesus wept the worst will be still to come for sure.

I think if the chants at the last home game (where we won 4-0 lets not forget) are anything to go by the owners and Woody are in for a very uncomfortable night tomorrow. And rightly so.

TRUERED89

Imo Glazers would have taken over United regardless of SAF's Gibraltar episode. Don't blame him at all for their arrival!

OoopsMisclick

I won't buy any merch at all anymore. It's the only thing I can actually do.

Call me a bad fan, but i also no longer reserve a spot every weekend for the game.
If I happen to be free, I'll watch the game. But i'm no longer moving every appointment around to be able to watch the game (except for city/pool fixtures).
It saves me a lot of frustration.

Also, I have never seen such a passive fan base as UTD.
The fans from Charlton Ath came to Belgium to actively harrass Roland Duchatelet :p

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Buy knock off shirts. I know the club already have the money, but hit the sponsors. Adidas won't be too happy if they don't recoup the money. Don't all rush down to OT to buy new shirts. It would be humiliating if they don't sell one single shirt on launch day.

Everybody buy a classic shirt to wear, preferably one made by a different shirt maker.