The ONLY way to communicate with the Glazers. Boycott a televised game

JoaquinJoaquin

I won't buy any merch at all anymore. It's the only thing I can actually do.

Call me a bad fan, but i also no longer reserve a spot every weekend for the game.
If I happen to be free, I'll watch the game. But i'm no longer moving every appointment around to be able to watch the game (except for city/pool fixtures).
It saves me a lot of frustration.

Also, I have never seen such a passive fan base as UTD.
The fans from Charlton Ath came to Belgium to actively harrass Roland Duchatelet :p
Don't blame you, my Dad is now the same and he had Season Tickets from the 70's until the last few years.

The Glazers are why I don't go to OT anymore. I refuse to give them any money, and I buy our shirts from Thai sites now. Everyone who truly cares about the club should do the same to be honest.

Alabaster Codify7

It's a bizarre situation. Our most loyal, match-going fans are ultimately one of the biggest enemies of this football club. They refuse to stop attending - thus, they continue to line the owners' pockets. They refuse to make noise/protest during games. Finally, they continuously shout down and berate other fans who want improvement and change as being 'spoiled and entitled' which basically helps the Glazers and Woodward no end...…….accept this shit you are being handed and do not complain about it.

They are essentially the Glazers' hired muscle. Bizarre situation - you cannot question their loyalty to the club in general and their fandom, but in a strange way these positive traits are ultimately destroying the club that they love.

Denis' cuff

It's a bizarre situation. Our most loyal, match-going fans are ultimately one of the biggest enemies of this football club. They refuse to stop attending - thus, they continue to line the owners' pockets. They refuse to make noise/protest during games. Finally, they continuously shout down and berate other fans who want improvement and change as being 'spoiled and entitled' which basically helps the Glazers and Woodward no end...…….accept this shit you are being handed and do not complain about it.

They are essentially the Glazers' hired muscle. Bizarre situation - you cannot question their loyalty to the club in general and their fandom, but in a strange way these positive traits are ultimately destroying the club that they love.
its alright internet warriors (not you) criticising the fan base but it’s incredibly hard, especially for older fans who’ve supported the club for decades to suddenly break away.
i have the utmost respect for the lads who went off to FCUM

Alabaster Codify7

its alright internet warriors (not you) criticising the fan base but it’s incredibly hard, especially for older fans who’ve supported the club for decades to suddenly break away.

I 100% agree and respect that stance. If I was in their position I would also find it incredibly hard to break away, I totally understand.

Utdstar01

Buy knock off shirts. I know the club already have the money, but hit the sponsors. Adidas won't be too happy if they don't recoup the money. Don't all rush down to OT to buy new shirts. It would be humiliating if they don't sell one single shirt on launch day.

Everybody buy a classic shirt to wear, preferably one made by a different shirt maker.
Already get mine off dhgate.

JoaquinJoaquin

It is, and I can understand as my dad was in the same position. Sometimes you have the look at the bigger picture though and realize it's helping the longer term future of the club. The 'season ticket wait list' is no longer in place as much as the club try to push that.

ravi2

Already get mine off dhgate.
I stopped buying merch altogether and unsubbed from all United social media and my friends around here have done the same. After years of moyes and LVG quite a few lost interest and have moved on.

Highlyevolved

well said

Pscholes18

All season ticket holders should continue to go to matches as to not lose your place and money, however everyone else should boycott a couple of matches.

The OP is right that the only thing that will make the Glazers consider leaving is if/when it becomes a financial decision. However, I don't see there being the required collective will to make boycotts work. It would need total unity amongst the support, but I don't see it transpiring; and, as long as the money keeps rolling in, the Glazers are satisfied.

Utdstar01

Even if it’s just staying outside for the first half. Anything to demonstrate our disgust at the way we are run.
The fans that boycott the game should turn up to OT but protest outside while the game is on. Would probably be more effective.

buchansleftleg

Any business rapidly becomes dependent on expected cash flow...10% of people not turning up and spending can be accommodated. If 90% of fans turned up but didn't spend a penny on programmes, food drinks etc then the club is hit with loss of revenue and higher food waste costs. You hit their profitability THAT day!

We need a "no pies till Woodwards gone" pact with all the fans.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Giving it up is hard but it's the only thing the club understands now £££$$$

As I said on the other thread, the club lacks organisation as a fan base. Theres no Red Issue and IMUSA to co ordinate protests like 2005. We had 25000 marching in 2005 before AC Milan at home.

A boycott for 1 game could be effective but again someone/something needs to lead and have a coherent message.

1. Why are you protesting.
2. Why are you protesting now at this current moment?
3. What do you demand from the Glazers?
4. Who do you want to buy the club (realistically)
5. If 3 and 4 aren't answered, what's your next level of protest?

Highlyevolved

All season ticket holders should continue to go to matches as to not lose your place and money, however everyone else should boycott a couple of matches.
wouldnt make a big enough visual statement.

a mass walkout at an agreed time, the stadium needs to be empty. It needs to make mainstream news. It’s needs to shock and get the sponsors concerned.

Highlyevolved

Giving it up is hard but it's the only thing the club understands now £££$$$

As I said on the other thread, the club lacks organisation as a fan base. Theres no Red Issue and IMUSA to co ordinate protests like 2005. We had 25000 marching in 2005 before AC Milan at home.

A boycott for 1 game could be effective but again someone/something needs to lead and have a coherent message.

1. Why are you protesting.
2. Why are you protesting now at this current moment?
3. What do you demand from the Glazers?
4. Who do you want to buy the club (realistically)
5. If 3 and 4 aren't answered, what's your next level of protest?
Agree. I don’t want to even attempt to speak for everyone here. There needs to be some organisation and a strategy planned by the fans.

Highlyevolved

The OP is right that the only thing that will make the Glazers consider leaving is if/when it becomes a financial decision. However, I don't see there being the required collective will to make boycotts work. It would need total unity amongst the support, but I don't see it transpiring; and, as long as the money keeps rolling in, the Glazers are satisfied.
That’s the crux. The money rolling in. We need to find a way that threatens or affects that. Make them realise there is a link between failing on the pitch and failing financially.

As Rio said. Kids at school will be wanting Liverpool shirts now. That stuffs important. How many of us here chose our club as a kid and stuck with it for life?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The last thing Glazers will do is to communicate, especially with their customers.

It's not a democracy, but a multi-million well to drink from.

Adcuth

Guys, it's time to realise that the Utd we grew to love, that made our childhood, that represented everything we fecking loved about football, is gone. None of this shite about boycotting matches, or not buying fecking pies will ever happen because the fan base is too vast. The glazers aren't leaving, Ed won't be losing his job, especially when the share prices have gone up. It is just a money making machine now, there is zero football interest in any of the board members. I'd anyone still has a seat in the Stretford end then make a banner that says RIP MANCHESTER UTD and keep it showing there until it's removed

hobbers

Sent a great message today that's for sure.

We have one of the most powerful brand images in sport but the sight of 3/4 empty Old Trafford on 85 minutes today really was powerful. Marketing and sponsorship will go to shit if that sort of fan reaction kept up over an extended period.

vivaronaldo

no one is asking anyone to breakaway .... its about not accepting mediocrity in all facets of the football department weather your a young or old fan , from england or overseas

surely they cant be so blind as to see what is going on and unless serious change is made and fast , the further we fall behind

shaky

That’s the crux. The money rolling in. We need to find a way that threatens or affects that. Make them realise there is a link between failing on the pitch and failing financially.

As Rio said. Kids at school will be wanting Liverpool shirts now. That stuffs important. How many of us here chose our club as a kid and stuck with it for life?
The latest figures put the club value up by about $400m in the past quarter. In the internet era, a brand like Man Utd is a licence to print money, no matter how bad they are on the pitch. Sponsors will be lining up to replace any that might withdraw due to bad press. It could take decades before the Glazers would be remotely threatened by finanical failings due to poor results and/or fan protests. I can't think why they would ever give up this cash-cow unless they either get bored of printing money or end up fearing for their safety.

clarkydaz

We have one of the most powerful brand images in sport but the sight of 3/4 empty Old Trafford on 85 minutes today really was powerful. Marketing and sponsorship will go to shit if that sort of fan reaction kept up over an extended period.
yep, and its a talking point around the world in minutes.

Highlyevolved

The latest figures put the club value up by about $400m in the past quarter. In the internet era, a brand like Man Utd is a licence to print money, no matter how bad they are on the pitch. Sponsors will be lining up to replace any that might withdraw due to bad press. It could take decades before the Glazers would be remotely threatened by finanical failings due to poor results and/or fan protests. I can't think why they would ever give up this cash-cow unless they either get bored of printing money or end up fearing for their safety.
True, for now.

Today’s kids are seeing Liverpool though, and they’ll be tomorrow’s spenders.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I wouldn't worry about organised boycotts, the way we're playing the stadium will be half empty anyway come March.

soapythecat

Too many season tickets holders to affect the match day revenue. They have paid already so why not turn up?
Pressure building in the press is what will hurt the club as this alone will affect sponsorship deals. No one will want to be on our shirts for a big fee if we are in the press for being poorly run.
Walking out at half time or coming in at 30 minutes is a good one as it gets picked up in and pictures are in the papers. Demos outside the ground and training ground also get highlighted. Banners outside Woodward’s house will also hit the headline. Just need to find that pricks address.

Boznich

A mass walkout on a televised game would get loads of attention from the media and lets face it watching an hour of this shit is enough for anyone anyway :devil:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Guys, it's time to realise that the Utd we grew to love, that made our childhood, that represented everything we fecking loved about football, is gone. None of this shite about boycotting matches, or not buying fecking pies will ever happen because the fan base is too vast. The glazers aren't leaving, Ed won't be losing his job, especially when the share prices have gone up. It is just a money making machine now, there is zero football interest in any of the board members. I'd anyone still has a seat in the Stretford end then make a banner that says RIP MANCHESTER UTD and keep it showing there until it's removed
Mate, people were saying this about United in the 90s, when local fans were being priced out of games and daytrippers had begun to hoover up all the tickets. Football is forever changing, largely for the worst.

Yes, we're in the shit right now but it'll change eventually. We'll be here long after they've collected their winnings and fecked off to rinse another business.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

It is all over Talksport about what happened with the crowd. Trouble is that the hierarchy at the club love publicity, even if it is bad. We dominate the news even when we are bad, despite all the things Liverpool could achieve, despite what City have achieved. Maybe everybody should walk out on 58 minutes, although not sure using a tragedy to prove a point.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mate, people were saying this about United in the 90s, when local fans were being priced out of games and daytrippers had begun to hoover up all the tickets. Football is forever changing, largely for the worst.

Yes, we're in the shit right now but it'll change eventually. We'll be here long after they've collected their winnings and fecked off to rinse another business.
Think the formation of the PL has had a lot to do with that. Football has gone global.

youngrell

Last night was quite a shock. Even before people started leaving it was the first time I think I've seen so many red seats for a PL game.

If a mass walk out was organised, it would have a big impact but it may also effect the players. And ultimately, it is probably Ole who will pay the price, rather than Ed (I know a lot of people also want Ole gone too).

Biffo666

Supports
Oldham Athletic
Glaziers are happy if cash keeps flowing in and debt is serviced , they only want to rinse the club as its purely business. Any boycott wouldn’t scratch the surface except give ammunition to trolls to bait fans with. MUFC is a cash making brand, long gone are the days of a local club getting main income through the turnstiles - its a corporate world and Glaziers are doing very well with the status quo - they don’t need to change or aren’t worried about a few fans disenchantment. They are playing a long game and winning, unlike the team and fans.