The outrage when a decision goes in Manchester United’s favour

mu4c_20le

Just goes to show that the mob will never be happy. We caved with the mason thing but they still hate us.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Not a single replay of this was shown during the lengthy break that followed it. So keep punching attackers goalkeepers, caring about goalkeeping challenges was so last week.
Been ages bud. How are you?

It's probably because the GK seems to be getting all of the ball there, before clearing out the player? IIRC, Onana didn't get the ball but clattered into the player?

RedChisel

There's a deathly silence now about those 115 charges but United get a penalty and the whole footballing world is caving in.

United have always been held to a different standard to everyone else.

Anustart89

Been ages bud. How are you?

It's probably because the GK seems to be getting all of the ball there, before clearing out the player? IIRC, Onana didn't get the ball but clattered into the player?
All good mate. Busy these days with two kids and work, so basically survival mode. :lol: You?

Yeah, I know it's because of that. But there's a red card offence in the laws of the game called endangering the safety of an opponent, and I can't think of anything more dangerous than being knocked unconscious mid-air - regardless of whether the guy gets the ball or not. Yet nobody mentions it (and the conspiracy theorist in me obviously thinks that there would be a dozen replays, a VAR check and a media shitstorm if it wasn't the Brighton keeper since they seem to be the new media darlings).

But if a one-inch stud hits a player's shinguard, then everyone's acting like somebody's committed attempted murder, and nobody cared whether the player got the ball. Early bath it is!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
All good mate. Busy these days with two kids and work, so basically survival mode. :lol: You?

Yeah, I know it's because of that. But there's a red card offence in the laws of the game called endangering the safety of an opponent, and I can't think of anything more dangerous than being knocked unconscious mid-air - regardless of whether the guy gets the ball or not. Yet nobody mentions it (and the conspiracy theorist in me obviously thinks that there would be a dozen replays, a VAR check and a media shitstorm if it wasn't the Brighton keeper since they seem to be the new media darlings).

But if a one-inch stud hits a player's shinguard, then everyone's acting like somebody's committed attempted murder, and nobody cared whether the player got the ball. Early bath it is!
2? Wow, time does fly bud! All good this side as well. Just life - getting older as seemingly time just flies and waits on no one!

Yeah I hear ya. The laws of the game are so inconsistent, it’s crazy!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thought the ref was very good today, got every decision correct,
Penalty was stonewall, yellow card for Bruno and the Forest player was spot on,

Very good officiating.

Anustart89

2? Wow, time does fly bud! All good this side as well. Just life - getting older as seemingly time just flies and waits on no one!

Yeah I hear ya. The laws of the game are so inconsistent, it’s crazy!
Hah, don't you just know it!

I would say that the law is fairly consistent and clear in the way it's written, it's just that the people interpreting them (and those having opinions on them) seem to be very dumb people who don't understand that the head and brain are important anatomical structures.

I think we had like two or three incidents last season where players were kicked in the head by bicycle kick attempts (at least Azpilicueta and Shaw, think there was one more). Not once was the player sent off for "endangering the safety of an opponent". Media and referees just accept that as part of football, where a player can just turn his body upside down and kick towards the head of another human being because it's spectacular when it comes off that one in a thousand times (none of which have ever been done through a sea of bodies). Referees know that they have to stop play for head injuries, but it seems like they don't understand why they have to do that, because when someone injures someone else by hitting their head they're like "hmm, well it's not studs to shin so it's not dangerous".

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool

Very good officiating.
So why is this place( not you) moaning again. You got a penalty but I guess it’s not good enough. The ref was good and it was a blatant penalty yet the moaning continues. It’s like they want an apology to go along with the penalty.

Oranges038

Not a single replay of this was shown during the lengthy break that followed it. So keep punching attackers goalkeepers, caring about goalkeeping challenges was so last week.
Nothing wrong with that.

Proper goalkeeping, won the ball, cleaned him out in the process. He's set an example early there, you won't see many players challenging for a ball in the air with him after that.

qzizzle

Supports
Bayern Munich
Adds nothing to the discussion
the red card was never a red, not only was the defender not the last man, Bruno wouldnt even have gotten to the ball at all. There is no clear goal scoring opportunity.

the penalty was clearly a dive by Rashford. It is all he wanted on that play to go down and get a whistle.

The foul that lead to the freekick that lead to Casemiro's goal also in my opinion was not a foul at all.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pen is a dive,
Seriously are you guys blind? Anyone who is saying it's a dive. Defender clearly made a contact around knee which made Rashford lose balance and there are some who comes up with this ridiculous"it's a dive" nonsense.

Ace of Spades

Very good officiating.
He got the big decisions right, but the yellow for Onana for time wasting was stupid considering there were two balls on the pitch.

The yellow for Rashford was fair, but the foul that was given before was stupid as it was their own to players that tripped each other, so that was weird.

There were some weird decisions, but nothing too bad.

kaku06

the red card was never a red, not only was the defender not the last man, Bruno wouldnt even have gotten to the ball at all. There is no clear goal scoring opportunity.

the penalty was clearly a dive by Rashford. It is all he wanted on that play to go down and get a whistle.

The foul that lead to the freekick that lead to Casemiro's goal also in my opinion was not a foul at all.
Absolute state of this post. There are some oppo fans who contribute to this forum and there are some oppo fans like this one here who join this forum just to troll or are bitter as feck.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

:lol:

erikcred

So why is this place( not you) moaning again. You got a penalty but I guess it’s not good enough. The ref was good and it was a blatant penalty yet the moaning continues. It’s like they want an apology to go along with the penalty.
There's a deathly silence now about those 115 charges but United get a penalty and the whole footballing world is caving in.

United have always been held to a different standard to everyone else.
That's your answer. Have a look at the media today complaining about the blatant penalty.

RedOrange

Nonsense coming from a Bayern fan, who are always heavily favoured by referees in their rigged league. Typical.

KD6-3.7

Martin Keown's rant about the penalty was embarrassing to say the least.

These so called pundits that have hour long conversations when a decision goes in uniteds favour but are deathly silent when the exact same thing happens in another game, we are rubbish but it's hilarious how we are still so massive that we get more coverage over a penalty incident then when City won the Champions League

Ish

Lights on for Luke

:lol:

MalaysianRed7

It's to balance the screaming and shouting and gnashing of teeth when a decision doesn't go poor persecuted Manchester United's way.

Up to the admins but these posters should be culled really. I can handle differing opinions from opposition fans, but how sad must a person be to come on a rival fan forum with no other intention but to troll and irritate?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Up to the admins but these posters should be culled really. I can handle differing opinions from opposition fans, but how sad must a person be to come on a rival fan forum with no other intention but to troll and irritate?
I reckon I've made a jibe at Man Utd about once every 5 years. Not a bad ratio for a Leeds fan with over 3k posts. Develop a thicker skin?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Absolute state of this post. There are some oppo fans who contribute to this forum and there are some oppo fans like this one here who join this forum just to troll or are bitter as feck.
On Sky Tim Sherwood and Mike Dean said the red card was correct because the referee and VAR were not 100% certain the defender would have got back.

the_cliff

Martin Keown's rant about the penalty was embarrassing to say the least.

These so called pundits that have hour long conversations when a decision goes in uniteds favour but are deathly silent when the exact same thing happens in another game, we are rubbish but it's hilarious how we are still so massive that we get more coverage over a penalty incident then when City won the Champions League
It's Keown, have you heard his commentating ? He's so anti United it's not even funny.

Keown, Bent and Agbonlahor are the worst, constant hating on United. Keown and Bent are Arsenal so it's understandable, why Agbonlahor hates us I've no idea.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The Rashford was absolutely a dive. You can see the defender pulling his thigh away from it and Rashford goes down. I’m glad it was called out by pundits and MOTD also.

Red card is a close one but can’t complain about that. Definitely went in Man Utd’s favour though.

Has to be said. Won 2 games this season and Man Utd have been heavily supported by refereeing decisions. The game they lost they were impacted by poor refereeing decisions. So you know what’s coming next week…

It shows the sheer inconsistency of VAR. Well I suppose you could argue it is actually consistently bad every week.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I thought both the red and penalty were correct decisions, albeit soft. I’d have been annoyed had they gone against us but would have accepted it, begrudgingly.

However I’m surprised more wasn’t made of the Liverpool one from last week where there was no contact at all and it was a clear dive, the lack of commentary around it was unusual, even Bournemouth were quiet on it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The Rashford was absolutely a dive. You can see the defender pulling his thigh away from it and Rashford goes down. I’m glad it was called out by pundits and MOTD also.

Red card is a close one but can’t complain about that. Definitely went in Man Utd’s favour though.

Has to be said. Won 2 games this season and Man Utd have been heavily supported by refereeing decisions. The game they lost they were impacted by poor refereeing decisions. So you know what’s coming next week…

It shows the sheer inconsistency of VAR. Well I suppose you could argue it is actually consistently bad every week.
What MOTD did you watch? Both Murphy and Williams (?) said it was a pen.

There is clear knee on knee contact, even if you think it's too soft to be a pen, it's clearly no dive.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Cry some more.

M16Red

Don't care, three points baby.

Also don't care what an ex liverpool player have to say, or the ex Cardiff player.

In fact I'm not listening to any of them, biased fecks

stevoc

Richard Keys on BEin said as they blew the whistle, well we thought they’d get the three points, and it helped with the lions share of the decisions in their favour :lol:

(words to that effect)
Will be funny seeing his agenda do a 180 when/if his Qatari overlords buy the club.

led_scholes

Marinakis always complains about the refs in Greece when Olympiakos loses (usually followed with a statement from the club about corruption) , so it's not surprising that he wants to do the same with Forrest.

Regarding the pen: in a pre - VAR times, I would understand if it was not given, but why the complain now? It was a pen. Maybe I need to watch it again though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This starting to become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. Broadcasters and pundits have started to recognise the clickbait potential in arguing against every refereeing decision that benefits United.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It’s crazy. Last week, pundits were at pins to explain why the penalty decision was not given.
Today, Rashford blatantly dived.

Mindhunter

Can you explain why? There was contact and he went down. Was he forced down? Probably not, but he has every right to go down in that situation. I have seen them not being given but definitely not a dive.

Can't take the rest of your post seriously as you started with such a biased view.

MalaysianRed7

I reckon I've made a jibe at Man Utd about once every 5 years. Not a bad ratio for a Leeds fan with over 3k posts. Develop a thicker skin?
Alright, but you’ve decided today to just post an absolute nonsense to derail this thread. As asked by many people as well, why is a Leeds fan on a United forum anyway? I don’t see any of us here on Marching on Together.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Can you explain why? There was contact and he went down. Was he forced down? Probably not, but he has every right to go down in that situation
If you decide to go down (rather than being brought down), it's a dive. Not saying that's what Rashford did by the way but "contact" does not equal "foul".

cyberman

He doesn’t pull his leg away. It’s the reaction from kneeing Rashford in the thigh that you’re seeing. It’s simply a penalty. You can’t knee players in the thigh / knee while they’re running past you in the box and not have it be a pen.

kaku06

On Sky Tim Sherwood and Mike Dean said the red card was correct because the referee and VAR were not 100% certain the defender would have got back.
Which is the correct interpretation as it wasn’t clear and obvious but of course that won’t stop the bitter cnuts twisting it to push the narrative “Hey hey look United got another decision in their favour”. Lying disingenuous pricks.

kaku06

So what if he’s pulling his thigh away? He still catches him. He still makes clear contact on Rashford’s knee. Doesn’t matter if he’s pulling away. What an awful logic.

Smores

It seems like we've had enough barren years now for this place to descend properly into RAWK territory.

Rashford bought the pen yesterday, i'd rather those situations weren't penalties but in today's game it's at least a 50/50 decision and more like 80/20. How people can take umbrage at rival fans pointing it out is silly, we'd all be doing the same if it was Salah (who does that all the time by the way).