The Overlap | United Embarrassed, Forest’s Tweet & Liverpool’s Next Boss | Stick to Football EP 27

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I'm only halfway through but this is an incredibly important piece of media.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Interested to listen to this. I’d love nothing more than for him to come back and be great for us.

Nickelodeon

Heartbreaking interview. And puts things into perspective too. Its easy to call out a player and bucket them into the lazy, arrogant category who couldn't put in the hard work when needed. The social media angle amplifies the same noise disproportionately and suddenly everyone is happy to sh*t on footballers without caring who they are as (relatively) young individuals. The mental pressures of everyday life are getting to each and every individual, regardless of profession, and footballers aren't exempt from it.

Brilliant from Gary Neville here. He's created a great platform for football related media content amid a torrent of shite ones. I understand that not everyone would agree with him on all issues, but he's become a sane voice and has been the most prominent one for many issues like the Glazers or Super League.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It's incredible he made it as far as he did, and good to see he's finally getting proper help.

The fact that he felt he had to do this interview because the tabloids in this country wouldn't leave him be is both utterly predictable and fecking enraging.

He says he's the best place he's been in a long time and that he's got his passion back. I really, really hope he can resurrect his career, but more importantly beyond football, I really hope he happiness and fulfilment in his day to day life.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Huh ? You think he could say something that explains what he did/does :confused:
I think at some point he'll have to do an interview totalling owning and apologising for what happened and how he's now more mature/got help etc. - especially if he's ever to play in this country again.

Doubt Neville will be the person he does that interview with though... probably will be in-house club media.

crossy1686

career ending
Hard not to root for Deli after this, never really had an issue with him personally, and it always seemed his drop off was something mental more than anything.

Really love the openness and courage, it’s obviously not for everyone but I think football would be a lot more inclusive if people opened up more and expressed how they’re feeling, for genuine reasons of course.

Oranges038

Credit to him for doing this, hope he bounces back and can regain some of his previous form. He was just so good for a couple of years.

But also, fair play to him for getting the jump on the rag tops so they couldn't run their shite stories about him.

Teja

Doubt Neville will be the person he does that interview with though... probably will be in-house club media.
I don't think our media team would want to touch that with a 10ft pole. Better have someone outside the club do it, judge the reaction and take a decision on whether to keep him or not.

Nogbadthebad

Great interview.

Instead of buying cars at 17, he hired a personal football coach and a psychologist.

And people questioned his professionalism.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Rashford is such a likeable player. One of my favourite players in the league.

Apokalips

Good interview. He mentioned the shoulder issue as his first major injury as opposed to the back issue that people on here act as though almost retired him!

He has a good head on his shoulders from what we can see, hopefully he can continue to step up and be one of our leaders for the next generation and bring back the glory days, it'd be great to see him lift the PL and CL trophies!

Ole'sgunnarwin

Is there anyway to see the full overlap in Dublin? The lack of availablitity is making me want to watch it even more, especially the Paul McGrath part, can't find it anywhere.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Interesting about how he struggled for 6 months to really use his shoulder properly. Might explain some of the games where he'd go to turn a player and just basically give up if they offered any resistance.

Ludens the Red

Only took five seconds of the clip for Neville to make a stupid prediction :lol:
Arsenal winning the league, ffs. As much as I’d love it to happen genuinely seems insane thinking anyone other than city is winning the league this year.

Dominos

Neville's conspiracy theory about Kane is just baffling.

He genuinely believes Kane has convinced Bayern that he wants to join, when in reality he has no intention of joining them, so they waste their entire summer trying to sign him and eventually agree a fee, so once Levy accepts an offer from Bayern that United can jump in and match the offer and Levy is forced to sell to United for that price. And he believes Levy knows this is what Kane's plan is which is why he's rejecting Bayern's bids.

This is of course ignoring the fact if Levy did accept Bayern's bid, he can tell United to feck off no matter how much we offer. He's not obligated to sell to anyone he doesn't want to even if they match another club's bid.

It's also ignoring the fact we've spent a bucketload already and don't have another 100m to spend with FFP, and we'd never have spent 70m on a striker already if we planned on buying Kane.

arnie_ni

Is there no way I can youtube in the background like Spotify on my phone

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Is there no way I can youtube in the background like Spotify on my phone
There is. Use youtube.com site, not the app. First set the browser to desktop mode otherwise it'll default to the app. Start playing a video then exit the browser. It'll show on your media like an audio you can play in the background. You're welcome.

arnie_ni

There is. Use youtube.com site, not the app. First set the browser to desktop mode otherwise it'll default to the app. Start playing a video then exit the browser. It'll show on your media like an audio you can play in the background. You're welcome.
Thank you

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
McKola such a bad representative on this show.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
His theory about Kane is insane.
Yes but I had the same theory on here as well. The fact that Kane is so close to breaking the goal scoring record but wants to leave the league just doesn't compute.

Last edited: