The players suddenly feel like "my own"

Eric's Seagull

One thing makes me happy the most, is that most people here saying the phrases ( best football post Fergie and it looks like the old Man.United and so...) these words I have never heard for 6 years. Very good signs, still we have to improve an awful lot but I'll just take that as a positive start for once.
Ole speaks good about the players, make them feel the responsibility when wearing this shirt, no wonder he is a United legend and smart guy too, started to unite everyone around, attacking mind who knows exactly what we want and what these players can do.
What a beautiful post.

I love reading posts that are so positive like mate. Makes me feel happy and what makes me feel great is that it's down to Ole who I loved since watching him first when I was young. :devil:

In Rainbows

I loved seeing Pogba pass to Gomes. And then seeing them two with Lingard and Rashford made me proud. Probably the only thing that would make me more proud is seeing multiple home grown world class talent.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The most United aspect, for me, was seeing young prospects get their chance again. This has been a void that created its own kind of disconnect during Mourinho's tenure before his style of football is even considered.

Gomes, Chong, Grenwood must surely have renewed vigour and belief that if they perform at lower levels they now have a chance to feature for the 1st team. That's huge.

Like @Revan said, I actually check the schedule for our next game now, too.

The club cannot hire another defensive, non-progressive manager in the summer after this.

Eric's Seagull

The most United aspect, for me, was seeing young prospects get their chance again. This has been a void that created its own kind of disconnect during Mourinho's tenure before his style of football is even considered.

Gomes, Chong, Grenwood must surely have renewed vigour and belief that if they perform at lower levels they now have a chance to feature for the 1st team. That's huge.

Like @Revan said, I actually check the schedule for our next game now, too.

The club cannot hire another defensive, non-progressive manager in the summer after this.
Totally agree with this.
When the club hired Mourinho they knew his record regarding how he develops younger players and I think this should be taken into account when we bring the next guy in, unless Ole earns it permanently. :D

Really looking forward to see our younger players develop here and fulfil their potential. Exciting times ahead :devil:

ken11

When the players hear Ole's name being sung with reverie, they probably also feel extra motivated to work hard to become legends because they know the fans don't forget the greats.

Skills

Snitch
When the players hear Ole's name being sung with reverie, they probably also feel extra motivated to work hard to become legends because they know the fans don't forget the greats.
Pretty sure got Pogba got booed a few weeks ago.

playtowin

While it's important not to get too carried away after battering Cardiff and Huddersfield, 2 teams I expect to be playing Championship football next season, it's still great to see a Utd team wipe the floor with these teams the way they should be. That's not to be disrespectful to smaller teams, but these are games we should see the Utd players go and express themselves, and be brave enough to blood the youngsters into the first team environment.

Bigger and tougher tests lie ahead, but these players are good enough to do it, and I'm excited to see how they tackle these bigger tests with a more positive approach.

Everyone talking about being impatient for the games to start is great to see, there should be a buzz about getting to see the team play, either live or on tv. That's the way it should be.

Reddy Rederson

see:

crazy that many wanted to sacrifice "one of our own" for a chelsea legend like Jose Mourinho
Its even more crazy that people keep saying this even though its not at all correct. The criticism he received was due to his performances, nothing else. And certainly not because of what the tabloids said was going on behind closed doors.

superdry

touched by a genius
United by name, united desire,
Glory the goal,
Red Devil's on fire!:devil:

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Pogba has described himself as a "mancunian". the guy came through United. I never understood people who questioned his love for the club.
I really like Pobga as a player and as a man who stood up to Jose. Nothing bad to say about him.

But I guarantee he'll be out of here the first chance he gets to play for Madrid or Barca. I doubt there's much loyalty to the club in this group of players. Why would they?

Tony Babangida

It really felt like a new dawn. Now we’re back to hating everyone associated with the club. If we don’t do some top class business in the transfer market this summer we will be in the wilderness for another few years.

el3mel

It really felt like a new dawn. Now we’re back to hating everyone associated with the club. If we don’t do some top class business in the transfer market this summer we will be in the wilderness for another few years.
Just another false down. Had too many in the previous years anyway. These threads also keep going back and forth between defending and bashing them. Ultimately people need to come to conclusion these group of players are spineless and don't give a feck most of times. Just stealing their living here and benefiting from how incompetent our board is in handling everyone big fat contracts because they played well 3 games in a row.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I still absolutely love a lot of these new United players who will go forward with Ole. Rashford is brilliant, one of the best youngsters in world football. Pogba is a genuinely world class player who will take us forward over the next five years. For all the shit that Smalling gets, he comes out every game and leaves it on the pitch. McTominay has put in some excellent performances. People are criticising de Gea for a poor run of form, but he’s one of the best players I’ve ever seen at the club. Mata is done as a footballer, love his personality and effort though.

There are a growing bunch of players who are just not good enough. Young has been a great servant, gave it his all. Shouldn’t be a starter. Dalot is a few levels below where we should be. Sanchez/Matic were poor signings who need to be moved on (if possible). I am completely ambivalent towards Fred, Bailly, Rojo and players of their ilk.

Frank Grimes

I knew this team was spineless and not good enough after our Spurs defeat in Wembley last season, 16 months ago. We only added Fred an Dalot to that so I had very little expectation this season. These players are no good and most importantly some of them don't even care that much.

I'm delighted that there is nowhere to hide anymore and I can't wait for Solskjaer to rid us of the bad eggs, if he does nothing else that well stand us in good stead for the future.

Green_Red

watching Chelsea and Leicester today I'd say getting top 4 will be based on one of those slipping up and us not. Finishing outside the top 4 with this brand of football gets Ole another year for sure.

Of course having said that, we're also still in SF of FA Cup and still in the Europa League with one foot in the QFs. It could turn out to be a memorable season yet.

Last edited: