The players suddenly feel like "my own"

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't want to over analyse this but something about Cardiff and today just feels like Pogba, Rasfhord, Martial, Mata and Herrera all feel like "Manchester United players" rather than players that play for Man United.

I'm obviously missing some obvious ones but who else agrees!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No I feel the same.

Sanchez has gone in today to do more work. We ended with four academy graduates up front. Players like Young coming in and doing a fantastic job.

It’s awesome. I just wish we had this for the last five years.

TsuWave

Pogba has described himself as a "mancunian". the guy came through United. I never understood people who questioned his love for the club.

Herrera always wears his heart on his sleeve, and has to be one of the most curious cases in recent years for us, because to me, he's always been a good player and when given a run he's great. At one point we had comparisons of him vs Kante here and some charts had him outperforming Kante in a lot of aspects. Never understood why managers kept him out of the team for long periods or why some fans didn't rate him. The guy is a bulldog and injects so much energy into our play.

Rashford is another that's United through and through. He will be inconsistent because he's young but the talent is there.

Basically, I never thought their commitment or love for the club was in question. Dudes just had an incredibly restrictive manager and system. It also didn't help how significant segments of our fan base bought into Mourinho's genjutsu that this team/squad is utter shit, and that players are to be maligned for wanting to play attacking football. Pogba saying United needs to attack caused more furore than the manager saying its in our dna/heritage or whatever to get knocked out early in the CL (paraphrasing).

We will lose games but our players are much more suitable for an adventurous playstyle rather than whatever it is Mourinho was trying to do.

TsuWave

see:

crazy that many wanted to sacrifice "one of our own" for a chelsea legend like Jose Mourinho

fallengt

You forgot Lindelof and Matic. They've completely changed styles in the last two matches while gaining bit of confidence that we never seen before.

We need an rvn

@shamans I think it's the fact we're attacking with pace, power and 1 touch football that we were used to for so long that has got us all feeling like this. The caf feels like a different place too.

I still think our defence is not up to scratch and we'll struggle with the likes of Fellaini etc in midfield against the other top 3 attacking squads - that's something Ole can't fix unless we change tactics or get new personell in. But at least we can feel like can attack again which is great to see

Cardozo

I agree the cloud over the club seems to have dissipated since Ole came in.

There’s no getting away from the fact Pogba made some horrendous mistakes of his own making in recent games - two which led to direct goals - but I think this more attacking formation is suiting him as it’s opening up space for him and the flicks/tricks are in the oppositions half rather than in front of our back four.

Pogba will flourish as a play maker in this more fluid attacking system and at 25 I think Pogba is the guy to build the team around.

If we keep the home grown talent in the side during this building and play expansive football, regardless of the score line, the fans will stay on side. That’s what’s been lacking since SAF left.

Reactions: Sultan

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I agree.

I'm starting to feel a connection between this new (old?) United that has been absent since Fergie retired.

The forum is a good place to be as well.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
@shamans I think it's the fact we're attacking with pace, power and 1 touch football that we were used to for so long that has got us all feeling like this. The caf feels like a different place too.

I still think our defence is not up to scratch and we'll struggle with the likes of Fellaini etc in midfield against the other top 3 attacking squads - that's something Ole can't fix unless we change tactics or get new personell in. But at least we can feel like can attack again which is great to see
That could be it. It's that feeling of watching Man United play back all over again.

You forgot Lindelof and Matic. They've completely changed styles in the last two matches while gaining bit of confidence that we never seen before.
Lindelof for sure. He looks like he's been let loose and it's wonderful to see.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I need time with Pogba, I just don't believe he's a man to build a team around but let him prove me wrong. Rashford, Lingard, Lindelof, Martial I really am loving with the new style, long may they keep it up. Jones and Young have done very well too, and Matic in midfield. I thought Mata showed fantastic invention and energy today as well, hope he can maintain it. Have to say, I really enjoyed Fred's first half performance too even though it didn't quite click for him. He's clearly a player who loves to play positive football and I believe he will come good.

Will Singh

After a long time I feel like I'm watching Manchester United again and I can pump my chest out and say 'WE’RE MAN UNITED, WE DO WHAT WE WANT'!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know what you mean. We finished the game with a front 4 of Lingard, Pogba, Gomes and Rashford - all academy products. Playing good football, with an immensely likeable club legend in the dugout. It's like the Jose era turned on a sixpence inside a week.

L1nk

Don't let this get in the way of the fact that we need to let Solksjaer sign an entirely new 11 in order for it to be his team, same with the new manager in the summer, otherwise he cannot be judged and it will be impossible for them to deliver anything of note, because as we know, managers aren't supposed to, or allowed to, play with any players from a previous regime.

On a side note, i totally agree with you, it feels more like "our" team, as opposed to the complete circus it was

Josep Dowling

I know what you mean. We finished the game with a front 4 of Lingard, Pogba, Gomes and Rashford - all academy products. Playing good football, with an immensely likeable club legend in the dugout. It's like the Jose era turned on a sixpence inside a week.
One of my frustrations with Mourinho, because of his style of defending tight leads he could never give young players a chance. Even in the cup game we never saw any of our youth products. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Greenwood and Chong given minutes against Reading. No way would that happen under Mourinho.

Revan

Assumptionman
For the first time in more than 5 years that I am really excited to see us playing, watch the clock many times in the day to see how much time remains for the match to start. Also, the first thing I did after the match was finished, was to look when is the next match.

It is my United again, the United I love watching, not that club I am "obligated" to watch their matches.

OldPop

Yes, that's exactly how it feels!

It's great to see the released creativity of the players, how they win back balls, find paths through a compact defense, and create combinations that we rarely have seen before.

Sometimes it gets a little messy when they run on the same ball or try to cover the same surface but if they continue to do so they will learn how the teammates move and how the ball should be placed.

With that freedom, when every decision does not need to be guided by the coach's ideas, we will have more opportunities to create goal chances.

We have already seen that players find it much more fun when they are allowed to show how they can solve problems themselves and that it increases their motivation to work harder.

It will take time, but once it's learned I think the team will be much better than we have seen this long. The game gets even faster and more balls will reach the right players.

When the players are allowed to take their own initiative, it also becomes more difficult for the opponents to defend themselves. They cannot be sure of what will happen next.

I look forward to that!

Reactions: Ødegaard

El Capitano

Holy shit. This is the reason I rarely come to these forums. Only 2 games won against some bs sides and already feels like they are United "players." Can't imagine what you guys would say after a tie.

meamth

I couldn't be more prouder. Get in lads!

meamth

Holy shit. This is the reason I rarely come to these forums. Only 2 games won against some bs sides and already feels like they are United "players." Can't imagine what you guys would say after a tie.
get out of here. :devil:

Nikelesh Reddy

I don't want to over analyse this but something about Cardiff and today just feels like Pogba, Rasfhord, Martial, Mata and Herrera all feel like "Manchester United players" rather than players that play for Man United.

I'm obviously missing some obvious ones but who else agrees!
I can see your point...I am finally looking forward to watching United play again and that in itself is brilliant.2 weeks ago I was dreading the prospect of having to put up with dull,unimaginative and negative football for 6 months...I”m definitely more hopeful about the future of the club now.As long as we have a manager committed to playing attacking football,and as long as he has good man management skills,we”ll be fine...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Manchester United has to entertain. It boils down to that for me. Football should be about joy and excitement and not painful (ineffective) effectiveness.

That second goal yesterday. It's really weird how we've again scored a proper team goal now for the second time in two weeks. Where on earth was this?

Web of Bissaka

Put the players in a system resembling to playing the United way, and we are going to love them.

Plenty of our current players are just better suited to that kind of football, and even the few who don't will look good with this sexy team football if used right.

Basically, their stock will rise, happening now with 2 games, still playing the same way. Winning both games helps though.

:cool:Let's see whether the same song still be sung, or will the mood changes when we undergo a tough period next who knows when.
Eventually this team will face tough challenging games, even losses, bad patches of form, low confidence, etc
-- which of them really have that United mentality to rise back (not just talents) will be a test of that.
As long as they always try to play the same way, I don't care too much about results.

Varun

Staff
Mourinho has the unique ability to convince the masses to forget all common sense and buy the shit he sells. Folks here wanted Martial, Shaw, Pogba etc sold. Chelsea fans wanted Hazard off.

Its great that with him finally off, the players, fans everyone is united again and looking forward to matches again.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don’t want games to end anymore - says it all.. just wanted to see Gomes get on the ball as much as possible. That excitement of wanting to see a young kid make it is a unique United feeling.

LoveFootball

This is what happens when players are enjoying themselves in an expansive system and winning game, there's an automatic link between them and fans because the entertainment factor is the most important thing in football.

You play football to please and entertain fans and when you're enjoying it yourself, then you're leaving in the same world with them. That's the reason why managers like Pep and SAF are universally loved and the like of Mourinho are hated.

Seeing 4 academy players leading the line for Manchester United was a thing that made me proud, I was jealous of Barcelona 10 years ago in a game wher they ended with 11 academy products on the pitch and I've always dreamed of seeing something similar at United. I think if Ole do well in this spell and get the job full time, than in the near future this dream can become true.

Eric's Seagull

see:

crazy that many wanted to sacrifice "one of our own" for a chelsea legend like Jose Mourinho
Perfectly said by Ole. Guy oozes class. :drool:
Glad we kept Pogba and hopefully Ole is the man who helps him realise his full potential which he seems to be doing although I missed yesterday's game due to family gathering.
Jose is rightfully a Chelsea legend and in my opinion never felt like a United manager. When I think Jose Mourinho, Chelsea always seems to pop up in my head. :devil:

red thru&thru

Agree. Crazy to think people keep saying they never put in a shift for the previous manager blah blah blah. What they don’t seem to comprehend is, if the manager wants you to play a certain way, you have to adhere to his way. We all knew what Jose’s tactics were, hence it did not allow our players to perform the way they are performing at the moment.

The only down side of players now playing the”United way” is, fitness. They have a bit of catching up to I guess as they’re not used to it.

Eric's Seagull

I don’t want games to end anymore - says it all.. just wanted to see Gomes get on the ball as much as possible. That excitement of wanting to see a young kid make it is a unique United feeling.
Must be nice to get that feeling back I have it again as well. Really bope Gomes makes it here anf doesn't get poached by one of the other big eg 'Barca feck off away from our player' Great feeling when Academy player makes it, although I have only seen him highlights of him. It is clear he is going to be something special, I just hope that due to his height people don't try to kick sh!te out of him as some players wont put up with that all the time. Personally I think this lad has a very bright future ahead of him :drool:

Eric's Seagull

Mourinho has the unique ability to convince the masses to forget all common sense and buy the shit he sells. Folks here wanted Martial, Shaw, Pogba etc sold. Chelsea fans wanted Hazard off.

Its great that with him finally off, the players, fans everyone is united again and looking forward to matches again.
He has something about him that gets into some people and they seem to lose the ability to question he judgement as he has mesmerises them with his charm(slime).

Regarding the part in the club it shows someone running the club has more brains than I thought they had. It was a nightmare that I was dreading we were going to lose these players because Jose didn't like them for whatever reason.

It shocks me that some people actually thought he was right and that we should have sold these players then we'd have been right in the sh!te.

gulli_G

You can add, Robben, Debruyne and Salah to the list
If amazing players that got sick of him.

Cloud7

Regarding the part in the club it shows someone running the club has more brains than I thought they had. It was a nightmare that I was dreading we were going to lose these players because Jose didn't like them for whatever reason.
That would be Woody. For all the criticisms aimed at him, a fair bit of which are deserved, him putting his foot down with Mourinho and telling him the club is not going to sell Martial and replace him with Perisic/Willian, or sell Pogba to replace him with [generic strong midfield workhorse] is probably the most sensible thing he’s done since he became CEO.

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

That would be Woody. For all the criticisms aimed at him, a fair bit of which are deserved, him putting his foot down with Mourinho and telling him the club is not sell Martial and replace him with Perisic/Willian, or sell Pogba to replace him with [generic strong midfield workhorse] is probably the most sensible thing he’s done since he became CEO.
I have never liked particularly liked Woody and don't care much for him now. But if I saw Woody I would tell him how grateful I am for not listening to Jose and selling the players off and replacing then with the ones you mentioned above mate :)

minoo-utd

One thing makes me happy the most, is that most people here saying the phrases ( best football post Fergie and it looks like the old Man.United and so...) these words I have never heard for 6 years. Very good signs, still we have to improve an awful lot but I'll just take that as a positive start for once.
Ole speaks good about the players, make them feel the responsibility when wearing this shirt, no wonder he is a United legend and smart guy too, started to unite everyone around, attacking mind who knows exactly what we want and what these players can do.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
I agree with the premise of the thread. We must though remember to support them through the bad results .

BigRon1985

I need time with Pogba, I just don't believe he's a man to build a team around but let him prove me wrong. Rashford, Lingard, Lindelof, Martial I really am loving with the new style, long may they keep it up. Jones and Young have done very well too, and Matic in midfield. I thought Mata showed fantastic invention and energy today as well, hope he can maintain it. Have to say, I really enjoyed Fred's first half performance too even though it didn't quite click for him. He's clearly a player who loves to play positive football and I believe he will come good.
I’m with you on Pogba - I won’t be convinced until he starts delivering consistently on a day in day out basis but I live in hope.

It’s great seeing how the whole team respond to be finally let off the leash. Let’s give Bournemouth a good hiding now, them and Newcastle are perfect cannon fodder for our new attacking style. Oh and Reading too - bring it on!