The positive thread

GMoore23

Was hoping for a thread like this as this place has gotten so depressing recently. Earlier today literally every thread on the home page was negative.

So some positives

De Gea back to his best, long may it last.

Old Trafford has gotten a bit of a tidy up over the summer and is looking great again

Our squad is the strongest its been in years and on an even more promising note, a lot of our top players are still only in their early to mid 20s.

The Glazers spent a lot of money in the summer giving us our most exciting window in years and while I'm not particularly a fan of theirs, I'd still have them over Saudi Arabia any day.

Even if Ole is to fail this season and we part ways. We'll be in nowhere near as bad a situation we were in post Van Gaal and Mourinho with the squad needing a massive overhaul.
Hopefully he turns it around, but if not I thank him for 3 years of service and for building us a top squad. He'll always be a United legend in my eyes

Strelok

Our squad is the strongest its been in years and on an even more promising note, a lot of our top players are still only in their early to mid 20s.

Even if Ole is to fail this season and we part ways. We'll be in nowhere near as bad a situation we were in post Van Gaal and Mourinho with the squad needing a massive overhaul.
Hopefully he turns it around, but if not I thank him for 3 years of service and for building us a top squad. He'll always be a United legend in my eyes
Agreed.

Thinking about the days we're about to sack Jose gives me PTSD. At least now we don't need another massive overhaul if Ole leaves. Some good manager and we'll be flying.

Then easily Greenwood, DDG and Rashford is back. Bruno to some extent as I always enjoy his drive and mentality regardless of his performances. It's been ages since we have someone like him.

Watching Greenwood development is simply a pleasure. Probably the biggest young talent we've had since Ronaldo. And he'll never leave us I think.

kiristao

Agreed.

Thinking about the days we're about to sack Jose gives me PTSD. At least now we don't need another massive overhaul if Ole leaves. Some good manager and we'll be flying.

Then easily Greenwood, DDG and Rashford is back. Bruno to some extent as I always enjoy his drive and mentality regardless of his performances. It's been ages since we have someone like him.

Watching Greenwood development is simply a pleasure.
Probably the biggest young talent we've had since Ronaldo. And he'll never leave us I think.
The bolded bit for me are the 2 main positives at the moment.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Imagine being like this to a club legend. This man has done 1,000,000 times more for our club than you have.

Calling a club legend a 'fraud' is just a joke.

I'm almost enjoying these difficult years in a weird way because it really shows the true colour of glory hunting plastics.
Ah yes...as if you'd support united if we never win anything and never had a great team.

Pot calling a kettle black.

Unless your support the likes of fulham or notts county you have no business calling people glory hunter.

And you enjoy seeing united misery just so you can revel being a non glory hunter? What a twisted sets of mind.

Siezard

Greenwood and Rashford are two of the brightest English strikers to look forward to in the future.

CR7 will still conjure up something later in the season.

The team has a lot of squad depth in all positions except CM. Even fringe players like Mata or Matic or VDB will easily command first 11 position in most other PL clubs.

Teja

I believe our first XI is extremely solid and the criticism of Shaw, Maguire, McFred, Greenwood is pretty reactionary and ignores all of the good things they've done over the past year.

Just get a new manager in and we'll be fine.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Expectation of winning any trophy this season would be unrealistic now, hence we won’t get too disappointed by end of season when we win feck all. I think that’s a positive thing.

passtheball

There is a thing called toxic positivity. Ole inners should read up on the idea.

suheilsworld

Expectation of winning any trophy this season would be unrealistic now, hence we won’t get too disappointed by end of season when we win feck all. I think that’s a positive thing.
I like that - however I am still expecting us to turn it around with Ole. Only for the media and the opposition pundits who have made us a laughing stock and been mocking Ole. I want us to win something and Ole to give a big finger to all

Daengophile

Does anybody remember the Norwegian Blue?

Cos it makes me laugh that we hired one

lilcurt

This is a positivity thread and I’m simply throwing around my positivity. I do not want to put any negativity on this thread
Sorry, but that's not positivity, it's absurdity to draw similarities between the two.

I'll try though so I'm not seen as a total Grinch...

When Ole leaves we will have a far better squad than when he arrived.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bayern Lost 5-0 yesterday with Nagelsmann as their manager?

wolvored

We have an impressive squad of players. That's the positive. Hopefully we get a manager and cosches who can blend them into a functioning team ever improving.

dove

Once (if) we hire a competent manager, we can be quite good since we have a good squad.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
  1. We have a future Balon'Dor winner in Greenwood.
  2. The squad is stacked with quality players.
  3. Ed is leaving his position as CEO very soon.
  4. The owners are preparing to prepare to make preparations to repair the roof at OT.

Gordon Godot

We have a very good squad. Probably better than the latter days of Fergie. What we lack is decent management and decent coaching. We also need to stop obsessing with the past, elevating Ole to some kind of god-like status, and expect results that reflect the cost and ability of this squad. If Conte comes in for 2-3 years fine, lets get a football structure in place to provide continuity. Its really not that hard, but we have clowns making the decisions

Bebestation

It shows all top teams can have a bad period or bad match. We're just having ours now but only way is up.

Personally I'm really looking forward to when Sancho hits form
Yeah and Nagelsmann is regarded as a top up and coming coach that many would be happy to have here.

The team they lost against was hardly Liverpool standard either.

Just trying to find a positive.

BigRon1985

Does anybody remember the Norwegian Blue?

Cos it makes me laugh that we hired one

Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blue...What's, uh...What's wrong with it?

I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Idxomer

Yeah and Nagelsmann is regarded as a top up and coming coach that many would be happy to have here.

The team they lost against was hardly Liverpool standard either.

Just trying to find a positive.
Nagelsmann has been coaching them from his kitchen because he has covid. He is probably under pressure now regardless of that after just a few months in the job.

Our problems aren't just that one loss, it has been going since last season. Some people would say longer than that even.

Bebestation

Nagelsmann has been coaching them from his kitchen because he has covid. He is probably under pressure now regardless of that after just a few months in the job.

Our problems aren't just that one loss, it has been going since last season. Some people would say longer than that even.
I mean is this a negative thread?

We need an rvn

It's only football. We're over the worst of Covid-19.
Until China nukes the world and the ice caps melt.

Sorry, wrong thread!

But yes, it's only football and considering everything that's going on in the world it really puts everything into perspective.

I always find watching the NFL show after MOTD is a good thing too.

Plus i'm genuinely excited about some of the kids coming through. I personally know an U15 player and speak to his dad almost daily and things are looking good!

meamth

Players will step up, they will go on hulk mode for the rest of the season!

We will win the title.