The positives from this season. Add yours..

Wheato

The under 18's blitzed the league and won some trophies.

Ethan Wheatley became the 250th academy graduate.

The women's team won the fa cup.

We had a glimpse into our future. And it wasn't spending ££££££££ on over the hill veterans.

A season of some absolutely sublime goals.

For the first time in 18 years, we have new owners/investors, with a plan to revolutionise all aspects of the footballing side of the club. Bringing in football people who are the best in class at what they do.

A task force has been put together, to build a new stadium/facilities and regenerate the area.

And maybe, just maybe...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hojlund's 6 game scoring run. Breaking the record for youngest to do it.

I give it two replies before someone says the most basic joke possible btw.

davidmichael

My main positive right now is that we’re only three games from it being over.

Dalot finding some kind of consistency, Mainoo breaking through and the fantastic achievements and development of our under 18’s are the only real positives to take from it all.

Yakuza_devils

The emergence of Mainoo, Amad, Kwambala with future stars Garnacho, Hojlund in the making. Upcoming stars Forson, Amass.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We're inching closer to the Glazers being gone once and for all

KeanoMagicHat

The Glazers stoppped being in charge of the football side of the club.
The last of the Woodward-adjacent directors left.
Garnacho and Mainoo are great prospects for only 19 years old.
Garnacho's overhead kick.
Did a job on Liverpool all season.
Made the FA Cup final.
We have been coached so badly that the next manager/season can only instantly improve certain basics of the game.

lex talionis

Kobbie Mainoo is the overriding positive out of this season. His maturity is astonishing.

Everything else on the pitch at least are fleeting moments in time. INEOS is a step forward but the damage the Glazers have inflicted on United is, to put it mildly, substantial.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Maguire turning things around.

Evans having a decent return. Could still send him off with a trophy.

Amad starting a game.

Fun comeback against Villa.

tomaldinho1

Promising youth coming through
Ineos seem to actually care about the wider club (Carrington investment, stadium news etc.)
Managers will finally lose transfer power
Klopp's farewell tour

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just for first team Mainoo playing regularly, Amad finally getting a start, 4-3 vs Liverpool.

Charlie Foley

I guess it still remains to be seen but INEOS involvement and the hiring of actually competent people to important off field roles is for me a crucial step in the right direction and long overdue. How the club is struggling goes far beyond the pitch. (I guess the roof isn’t that far).

Success for the academy and women’s teams. The u18s look good.

the development of Mainoo, Garnacho, and Hojlund(probably in that order). You expect ups and downs in a season from such young players. Hojlund in a new league with a new team was thrown into a rough spot where a dysfunctional team were relying on him straight away. Five goals in the champions league was promising and he finally got a run of goals together in the league. Hopefully more consistency next year and a more functional team behind him. Garnacho still plays like a young player but he has the attitude/hunger to do something in the game and decision making improves with time.
Mainoo just looks like a proper footballer.
That advertisement hoarding celebration was great.

Glimpses of Amad, though a little frustrating we didn’t see more.

Beating Liverpool

the Euros are coming up

Rojofiam

Ineos takeover and their initial moves, plans, and appointments

Avoiding state-ownership for now

Mainoo

Hojlund

Garnacho continuing his development

Amad looking like a decent player who can actually be of use to the first team

Dalot's significant improvement as an inverted fullback, that led to a consistent, good individual season for him

Some incredible goals

Finally having a technical goalkeeper after so many years of needing one

Not first team related for now, but it seems like there's an incredibly talented bunch of youth players coming through the ranks and many of them could have a real future at United: Amass, Lacey, Ibragimov, Wheatley, etc. there's more.

Spoiling Liverpool's season

moodyred

Probably INEOS' pending involvements and possibility of a more impact full change in the right direction for this club.

Also we ruined Liverpool's season :wenger:

Yakuza_devils

Derailed Klopp farewell. First the FA Cup and then PL. They were shaken and never been the same again. Their arrogance was completely disappeared.

FootballAI

1. Some crazy good comeback matches
2. Mainoo discovery
3. INEOS taking over from the stupid Glazer

Todd

-Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund showing a lot of promise as the future of the club

-Dalot showing that he has what it takes to be a top RB in the league

-Maguire redemption arc

-The SJR takeover gives at least a small amount of hope that we could turn this thing around in the coming years

-The third kit was a thing of beauty

That's about all I've got, folks

Grande

Thanka for a cheerful OP, with colourful pictures even!

It’s strange, because last season I was the most optimistic and positive in a decade. Since then, two of the most meaningful positives in my time as United supporter have happened:

- Glazers ceding control, and not to an autocracy.
- Man United win our first real trophy for women.

Tbh, for me those two are food enough to make this season a success, and a historical success to boot.

That doesn’t mean that watching the mens team, and often also the womens team, hasn’t been a hard and disappointing experience this season.

The comfort is that from here on out, we will have reasonably competent people in all positions for a good while, I’m pretty sure. Hopefully also on the womens side.

And we have lot’s of interesting kids coming through or waiting around to fill out the holes in the squad building. The future is quite bright.

The high points this season has been as good as any, with some fabulous goals, I love to watch Mainoo play, And the 4-3 over Liverpool was as epic as a single game can reasonably get this side of plain miracules.

But highest point: Ella Toone going half the pitch to smash in the most beautiful cup final goal I can remember to have seen, and that from a girl that six years ago had to leave United because we didn’t have a first team to play in.

Urescoredatanfield

I thought last summer brought us hope for the coming season....good grief was I fooled. But the emergence of Kobbie Mainoo....what a future if he continues his progression...pure class. Plus, hopefully, further development from the younger players who have made/on the verge, of the first team. But, I do harbour doubts about Garnacho becoming an outstanding talent....I do hope I am COMPLETELY WRONG.