The Post Trump Presidency

Pexbo

Online influencer who has never watched Star Wars
Supports
Big Days

240+ pages. Think I’ll wait for the journos to tweet the juicy bits.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
CNN segment on AC360 mentioning that cuntstick out there releasing a statement about trusting Russian intelligence over the American agencies (again), just as Biden is on his way to a summit. That's some treasonous bullshit if so and yet the Trumplicans go silent, or applaud. I cannot find anything about it online.

langster

DJ Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

My Pillow Rally... Click the Tweet for the Live Feed Thread, it's hilarious. :lol:
What a fecking clown.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
An interesting list to deconstruct to see how Trump and his ilk win over sections of the population. Many of these have been reported on recently and while the actual truth is hardly "proof Trump was right", they also aren't definitively proof he was entirely wrong either (study on hydroxychloroquine, the ambiguity over potential lab origin, the intelligence analyst saying Russian bounties were unlikely, and the nuanced report on the clearing of Lafayette square claiming to not be exclusively for a photo-op). But then he weaves in his propaganda in a slimy subtle (for Trump) way by including the four at the bottom where no evidence exists that he was right.

The effect of lockdowns, of course, was minimized because there was zero enforcement and Trump supports (like those in Orange County, CA) simply ignored the Gov. But even with that bullshit from Republican regions, Newsom's response was still the most effective in the entire country. It clearly would have been more effective had all the Trumpettes not ignored the mandates.

But really the important thing is that Trump was not 100% wrong and that's where he gets this leverage. People see that Trump was not 100% wrong and certain, uninformed types, use that as excuse to gravitate towards a "the media lied and just hates Trump" narrative.

It's important to understand how propaganda wielders use half-truths mixed with fantasy to shape the opinions of those that don't think for themselves. The way this is framed, it takes a lot more words and effort to dissect the lies and manipulation than it does to feed into the easy narrative frame Trump is creating.

The Dems better get their act together or this continued dedication to propaganda combined with voter suppression is still a force to be reckoned with and "demographic determinism" ain't gonna save the Dems in 2022 and 2024.