Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sylar

Credit to WWE. Mania had no right being as entertaining as it was this year given the circumstances but they nailed it.

If he lost, would he have been Scottish? :lol:
Agreed. It was a nice break from reality
And yep. Now we need a first ever English champ...

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Really enjoyed Wrestlemania as a whole - It wasn't the same, but it was decent.

The Firefly funhouse match was absolutely insane. I enjoyed it, but I much preferred the Boneyard match, of the two.

Edge/Orton was great, but would've benefited from a crowd and better, more enthusiastic commentary.

The Mandy/Otis story has been great and paid off well. I like the build we've got for Sasha vs Bayley to finally happen down the line.

All in all, very enjoyable.

Woodzy

NWO Cena needs to happen. It felt too right.

Also, these quick finisher spam matches need to stop, they are ruining the main event scene. They've almost, whether intentionally or not, created a level above main event at this point.

JP77

Also, these quick finisher spam matches need to stop, they are ruining the main event scene. They've almost, whether intentionally or not, created a level above main event at this point.
Tbh almost all of them involve Goldberg or Lesnar and happen because neither at this stage are all that capable of putting on a great, exciting match outside of them. Lesnar probably could if he could be assed to put the effort in but at this point in his career I can't see that happening. It's his style and he'll rinse every bit of money he can get using it.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Who ever is the road agent for these matches needs sacking, its beyond predictable and utterly tedious, but then when you have money hungry whores like goldberg and Lesnar as your champs it's what is going to happen, neither of them has any passion for the buisness and are in it for the money, not to entertain. Other than that I think wwe did a remarkably good job I der very odd circumstances, and the firefly funhkuse match? Bizarre as hell but brilliant.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Loved the fiend Cena thing. So many Easter eggs in there. Absolutely brilliant. Hopefully they keep that as a one off thing though...

AshRK

WM day 2 was better than the first night. Edge/orton worked for me and hats off to both for going all out. Otis match deserved crowd but it was fine for what it was. I even liked the 5 way women match which I had no plan for watching but because of the timing of it I chose to. Happy for drew winning but the match sucked because every brock mania match becomes like that. Enough of Brock as the champion.

Now to the real deal the fun house stuff. At first I wasn't sure what the feck they were doing but it grew on me as it kept on going. The challenge to this will be how to follow up on this. You cannot just ignore it as if it never happened and have Cena appear 6 or 10 months later and act all normal. Also, this should not be repeated and should only happen when required (Taker/Fiend would be amazing).

I was entertained by Mania. First night was boring bar Taker/AJ stuff which for me remains the highlight of the show.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
WM day 2 was better than the first night. Edge/orton worked for me and hats off to both for going all out. Otis match deserved crowd but it was fine for what it was. I even liked the 5 way women match which I had no plan for watching but because of the timing of it I chose to. Happy for drew winning but the match sucked because every brock mania match becomes like that. Enough of Brock as the champion.

Now to the real deal the fun house stuff. At first I wasn't sure what the feck they were doing but it grew on me as it kept on going. The challenge to this will be how to follow up on this. You cannot just ignore it as if it never happened and have Cena appear 6 or 10 months later and act all normal. Also, this should not be repeated and should only happen when required (Taker/Fiend would be amazing).

I was entertained by Mania. First night was boring bar Taker/AJ stuff which for me remains the highlight of the show.
Taker has to go into the fun house now!

AshRK

Taker has to go into the fun house now!
I think that will happen. A fun house match and a boneyard match needs to happen between these two.

I don't think the character of fiend needs a title on him. I hope they keep the Fiend away from the title. Let him have some good feud that are not forced.

Sylar

Loved the fiend Cena thing. So many Easter eggs in there. Absolutely brilliant. Hopefully they keep that as a one off thing though...
Yeah. If youre a long time fan of wrestling, it was awesome. Not sure if we count it as a match or not, but whatever we wanna call it, it was just different and entertaining.

I think that will happen. A fun house match and a boneyard match needs to happen between these two.

I don't think the character of fiend needs a title on him. I hope they keep the Fiend away from the title. Let him have some good feud that are not forced.
IMO they need to keep 'Fiend' part rare. Have Bray as funhouse Bray, even for matches. I think it was a mistake having Goldberg beat the Fiend (instead of just Bray).

Agreed with the finisher spamming. I was hoping with the different elements it would change. theres no crowd, so you dont have to play to the crowd. Once they are back to in front of crowds, you would think the fans would be so hyped, they will go crazy over the smallest of things so no need to go overboard with complex moves.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I enjoyed it overall... I think they top-loaded the first night a bit (which makes sense I guess, you want the good shit first to create a buzz and get people amped for night 2), but everything considered I think they did a good job.

Big pluses were, the Ladder match, Owens' crazy bump, Sami Zayn (who is just living his character in the best way - though I wish he could do more actual wrestling with it), Flair vs. Ripley, Funhouse and of course the Boneyard match... which was all sorts of brilliant.

Big minuses were, unfortunately, Edge vs. Orton (It wasn't bad or anything, and big marks to both for the effort, but it was a missed opportunity for me as could have edited it into a great 15 minute match), Meh night 2 matches, Becky vs. Shayna and Braun winning the title.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The Fiend lost to Goldberg? Sorry, I only dip in and out... when did this happen and why? I remember watching Fiend vs. Seth Trollins and Fiend kicked out out of EVERYTHING. So how did Goldberg beat him? Did he give him 99 spears and 99 Jackhammers?

AshRK

Wwe booked themselves into a corner by having the Fiend win the title. He never should have won this soon. Fiend should remain a special attraction and not appear every week and interact with every tom dick and harry.

Castia

The Fiend lost to Goldberg? Sorry, I only dip in and out... when did this happen and why? I remember watching Fiend vs. Seth Trollins and Fiend kicked out out of EVERYTHING. So how did Goldberg beat him? Did he give him 99 spears and 99 Jackhammers?
Nope 3-4 spears and one really shitty Jackhammer. The internet went mad, it’s probably one of the worst decisions they’ve done in recent years.

Even Seth Rollins tweeted something like ‘If only I’d used the jackhammer’ :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Nope 3-4 spears and one really shitty Jackhammer. The internet went mad, it’s probably one of the worst decisions they’ve done in recent years.

Even Seth Rollins tweeted something like ‘If only I’d used the jackhammer’ :lol:
:lol:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Was an ok watch overall, as lacking the crowd really takes away from the matches themselves. Though what they did with the boneyard and firefly matches were good.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Have to say, that Firefly Funhouse was storytelling way beyond what I would ever expect WWE to be capable off. So much so that you'd have to think that Cena and Wyatt had a lot of input into it? And fair play to Cena for getting involved in something that basically ripped one into his career.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Didn't think the boneyard match was as amazing as other people seem to think because i thought it took a bit to get going, but that and the firefly funhouse which was brilliant were the best things by a mile. A few good matches that with a crowd would have been alright but a lot of dross for a mania card and half the the title changes were crap. Also I'm assuming Braun winning was because Roman was going to win in which case they had Goldberg beat the Fiend so they could get the title back on Reigns. It's shit like that which builds resentment for Roman.

On a side note, for a show that was prerecorded it's still astonishing how bad the production can be at times. That whole set up needs an overhaul.

Andersons Dietician

I just kinda skimmed through it. Must admit I skipped the boneyard and Funhouse match. Tend to refuse to watch those after all those crap Bray bs Matt matches and the ones bs the New day. But might go check them out.

I know eventually we’ll probably have to deal with the crap of Goldberg and Brock again but even Drew and Braun must think what a terrible match and way to win your first Championship. Just spam finishers, kick out a few times then more spamming of the other persons finisher.
Just absolute bollocks.

All I’m going to say is damn you Oatis. I’d crawl through broken glass naked to get in on some of that Mandy Rose action.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Have to say, that Firefly Funhouse was storytelling way beyond what I would ever expect WWE to be capable off. So much so that you'd have to think that Cena and Wyatt had a lot of input into it? And fair play to Cena for getting involved in something that basically ripped one into his career.
I liked Cena these past few years, he's started to put people over such as Styles and Wyatt. He's virtually everything in wrestling and he'll most likely end his career as a 17-20 time champion. It's nice to see him giving back to the industry. They should let him see of Goldberg once and for all.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I liked Cena these past few years, he's started to put people over such as Styles and Wyatt. He's virtually everything in wrestling and he'll most likely end his career as a 17-20 time champion. It's nice to see him giving back to the industry. They should let him see of Goldberg once and for all.
Yeah Cenas won a lot people over these past few years, myself included. I actually enjoy when he's back now.

I'd love to see Cena retire Goldberg.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah Cenas won a lot people over these past few years, myself included. I actually enjoy when he's back now.

I'd love to see Cena retire Goldberg.
The funniest thing Cena ever did was last wrestlemania where he sat in the crowd and downed a few beers waiting to see if undertaker would fight him.

Then undertaker limps his old ass to the ring, beats Cena quicker than it takes to brew a cup of tea.

Cena goes back into the crowd and finishes his beers. :lol:

I'm probably remembering this wrong but in my mind, it's funny as hell :lol:

Ekeke

Night 2 was okay. Kinda happy for Drew, hope he gets some good writing and feuds when the fans are finally back

Firefly comedy match for the title was a strange one

Adcuth

You could easily do taker v fiend down the line in this style, after this success people will go mad for it, wwe would be mad not to, then maybe even have an entire separate universe in this style.
All of takers matches should be done this way now, save him dying in the ring

Sylar

How are they still recording shows? No rules in Florida? Crazy

Adcuth

The Crews/Black match was pretty decent. Shame Apollo doesn't have a promo in him. His in ring ability is really good

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The Crews/Black match was pretty decent. Shame Apollo doesn't have a promo in him. His in ring ability is really good
Too many of those guys in WWE and wrestling as a whole these days.

90% of guys can put on a great match now. 0.1% can do a captivating promo.

Sylar

They brought him up too quick from NXT. He was barely there and without a plan on the main roster. At least in NXT he would have been given a chance to talk and work on it.
Im certain Keith Lee would have gone the same way if after a month Vince saw him, liked him, brought him up, then been, ahh fck, im bored of this guy.

Adcuth

Too many of those guys in WWE and wrestling as a whole these days.

90% of guys can put on a great match now. 0.1% can do a captivating promo.
I think the requirement to be both a good worker and good on the stick kills too many careers in WWE. Sometimes in between the "entertainment", just having a properly worked pro wrestling match would make the whole show so much better. Like when Guerrero/Malenko first came to WCW. There are so many great talents who will never be doing Rock/Cena type promos but they really don't need to, let them showcase the talent they have in their own way.

Adcuth

They brought him up too quick from NXT. He was barely there and without a plan on the main roster. At least in NXT he would have been given a chance to talk and work on it.
Im certain Keith Lee would have gone the same way if after a month Vince saw him, liked him, brought him up, then been, ahh fck, im bored of this guy.
I still think he'll be used wrong when they move him to another show. Have no faith in the "main roster" creative team when it comes to talent development

Sylar

I still think he'll be used wrong when they move him to another show. Have no faith in the "main roster" creative team when it comes to talent development
Keith Lee? Yup/

The success rate of those who have gone up. Im trying to think who has benefited or is better off
Rollins (Shield), Charlotte (tho shes going back to NXT it seems), Alexa, rest of 4 horsewomen, Baron.

Trying to think who else. Elias? But there are so many countless ones that havent. Some who are the same I guess (Joe)