The 'Real Caftards' Fantasy League 2009/10

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I've selected mine but it simply must change, I don't like it at all. Looking at Ole Gunnar's, I see much more balance than in mine.

I have Gerrard and feel he's costing me far too much.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
MnM - The Mother Flippers

Can a scouser be a REAL caftard or is that just wrong?

kps88

Me in. Evil Monkeys.

Anyone know if Jimenez from West Ham is likely to be a starter?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
MnM - The Mother Flippers

Can a scouser be a REAL caftard or is that just wrong?
I think being a Caftard transcends any footballing rivalries - all are welcome

(I reserve the right to delete your team if you win :D)

Lads post your provisional teams- this is my first time
No chance - not giving away my secrets - you will have to wait until start of the season

is there a date i have to have submitted my team by, p.s, thanks roodboy!
You may as well register it all now - you can change the team as much as want until the start of the season.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Lads post your provisional teams- this is my first time
This is actually my team at the moment - given to me randomly on 'Auto Complete' - might actually be better than one I would choose myself!

Schwarzer
Friedel

Sagna
Ivanovic
Brown
Skrtel
Belleti

Essien
Milner
Felliani
Kranjcar
Taylor

Crouch
Jo
Bellamy

I not changing until near the start of season otherwise I know I will just spend the next month constantly changing it

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Please almighty roodboy may I please join your league pretty please?

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Sounds more like you're the one who cares a bit too much and makes a big deal out of it.
Roodboy created a private league last year, and it was obviously a better solution, so shouldn't really come as a surprise to you.

There's no rule saying there can't be two leagues.

roodboy & Chirag seem to think there is

What done is done anyway the league I've done is gone - once again sorry for those that took the time to join up
Did I really? How did you come up with that from this post:

charlenefan - No offense but would it be absurd If I asked you to delete this league?

Here is why I think you should: https://www.redcafe.net/f19/real-caftards-fantasy-league-2009-10-a-257172/#post6526850

However if you want to play with all randoms and keep the entries open for all until the last day of the season please go ahead and ignore my post..
I was just giving you the pro's and cons and I was clearly asking not saying.. I also pointed you to a logical reason as to why I was asking..

Anyway lets forget about this...

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Jeeeeez...calm down lads this is supposed to be fun!

We've had the original FF league that charlenefan was just continuing for yonks but I do see the advantages of roodboys recently started Caftards league. It was possible to have the 2 running but now we've got just the one maybe that's better.

Just get your team in the Caftards league charlenefan and lets get down to building our teams.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Ok I see the fall out from the muppetry of the other thread has spilled over to here now - lets just forget it all!

charlenefan - even though you have been a numpty of the highest order, since you asked nicely, I will send you the code in the next batch of PMs.

Ole_Gunnar

What happened to the other league? Had loads more members?

Current squad:

Sorenson
Hart

Rafael
Hangelaand
Vidic
Warnock
Bramble

Lampard
Arshavin
Geovanni
Neville
Eagles

Rooney
Ebanks-Blake
Diouf

with 1.5 left .

Not bothered about sharing this because it'll probably be unrecognisable by the time the season starts.

Ole_Gunnar

I bought first tier tickets to the Chelski vs. Milan match for the 29th of July. I'll let you know how Essien is playin for the pre-season warmup.
Much obliged.

I'm trying to think of Prem players on the cusp of their national teams, not quite starting 11 but with a chance to make it and a point to prove this upcoming term.

Fabregas
Alonso
Evra
Carrick
C.Cole
Defoe
SWP
Agbonlahor
Lennon
Tevez (starting 11 already but obviously probably the worst performer in qualifying thus far for them)

Edit: When the team plays well players likes Essien, Carrick, Alonso, Fabregas, Neville, Murphy etc have usually had a good game so I probably better put in one of that lot...

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Ashley Young should be on that list. And at 8.5 he's still a bargain. Trying to figure how to fit him in. Towards the end of this previous season, he expressed aspirations beyond what Villa has been able to accomplish. He is one of those players that does well through the first half of the season, then appears to get bored or frustrated with the limitations of a mid-table club as the season drops off.

I have a feeling he will be pushing harder this year, to either sign with a better club and/or get a regular spot with the national side.

Ole_Gunnar

Ashley Young should be on that list. And at 8.5 he's still a bargain. Trying to figure how to fit him in. Towards the end of this previous season, he expressed aspirations beyond what Villa has been able to accomplish. He is one of those players that does well through the first half of the season, then appears to get bored or frustrated with the limitations of a mid-table club as the season drops off.

I have a feeling he will be pushing harder this year, to either sign with a better club and/or get a regular spot with the national side.
I even had Carew or Heskey down to have a good season but I wonder how Villa'll do with Reo-Coker and Petrov in the middle...

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
I even had Carew or Heskey down to have a good season but I wonder how Villa'll do with Reo-Coker and Petrov in the middle...
Young is excellent with set-pieces, now with Barry out of the way Young could be the person that Villa turns too for PKs. So, it wouldn't matter if the midfield is strong or weak.

Honestly, though, I don't know how Villa is going to be able to hang onto Young... O'Neill doesn't appear to be responding to Young's warning that he may take greater interest in another club with more potential.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
could anyone explain the "Emergency captain strategy" thingy ?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
i was asking how would they calculate points based on value and form ??