The Reality Draft: Main Thread (Finals)

Annahnomoss

Quite clearly. I have bigger issues to deal with though, my duds will be hard to "upgrade" by the time we get Tevezbola and if I downgrade on my best players I'm royally screwed.
You have the best chance to have a weak pick going out. Seeing how this draft has unfolded you're going to have to say good bye to your first own pick though. :lol:

If you get unlucky in the defender round again we need to have some "Antohan round" where you get Pele for free.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
1. Annahnomoss - 1. Cocu 2. Gentile 3. Tardelli 4. Amoros 5. Rossi 6. Gascoigne
2. EAP - 1. Mascherano 2. Nedved 3. Neeskens 4. Beckham 5. Henry 6. Júnior
3. Joga Bonito - 1. Keown 2. Baggio 3. Figo 4. O. Ardiles 5. Weah 6. Søren Lerby
4. Raees - 1. Morena 2. Makelele 3. Socrates 4. Conti 5. Stoichkov 6. Ballack
5. antohan - 1. Ljungberg 2. Boniek 3. Gerrard 4. Effenberg 5. Raul
6. BorisDeLeFora - 1. Zambrotta 2. Tigana 3. Robson 4. Cerezo 5. Del Piero
7. ctp - 1. Brolin 2. Lato 3. Xavi 4. Guardiola 5. Shevchenko
8. Skizzo - 1. Solskjaer 2. Cabrini 3. Schuster 4. K. Förster 5. Hugo Sanchez
9. Chester/Theon - 1. Di Livio 2. Souness 3. Bochini 4. Dalglish 5. Rivaldo
10. Jayvin - 1. Gallas 2. Vieira 3. Iniesta 4. Lizarazu 5. Romario
11. Stobzilla - 1. Camoranesi 2. Hansen 3. Davids 4. Balakov 5. Batistuta
12. Aldo - 1. Senna 2. Hagi 3. Pirlo 4. Schweinsteiger 5. RvN
13. The Red Viper - 1. Prosinečki 2. Robben 3. Scholes 4. Vidic 5. Allan Simonsen
14. VivaJanuzaj - 1. Francescoli 2. Seedorf 3. Breitner 4. Vierchowod 5. Rummenigge
15. harms - 1. Puyol 2. Blokhin 3. Falcao 4. Roberto Carlos 5. Bergkamp
16. crappycraperson - 1. Nadal 2. M. Kempes 3. Roy Keane 4. Jan Ceulemans 5. Shearer

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
You have the best chance to have a weak pick going out. Seeing how this draft has unfolded you're going to have to say good bye to your first own pick though. :lol:

If you get unlucky in the defender round again we need to have some "Antohan round" where you get Pele for free.
Too old, feck my luck.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I agree with Annah, I'm most likely to lose a dud since I have the most, but what to do after that?

Massive roll fo the dice here. With my luck I'll get a top defender and lose him to Tevezbola, or lose my own picks of Boniek/Effenberg. Have to gamble on a break though.

A long-time favourite of mine who's fought 100 battles for me (cue him fecking off to Argentina).

"Keano with goals" - Legendary Manager

3. Joga Bonito - 1. Keown 2. Baggio 3. Figo 4. O. Ardiles 5. Weah 6. Søren Lerby
5. antohan - 1. Ljungberg 2. Boniek 3. Gerrard 4. Effenberg 5. Raul 6. Luis Enrique
6. BorisDeLeFora - 1. Zambrotta 2. Tigana 3. Robson 4. Cerezo 5. Del Piero
13. The Red Viper - 1. Prosinečki 2. Robben 3. Scholes 4. Vidic 5. Allan Simonsen
14. VivaJanuzaj - 1. Francescoli 2. Seedorf 3. Breitner 4. Vierchowod 5. Rummenigge
16. crappycraperson - 1. Nadal 2. M. Kempes 3. Roy Keane 4. Jan Ceulemans 5. Shearer

@BorisDeLeFora

Annahnomoss

That is a great pick Anto. Was trying to decide between him and Gazza but needed the dribbling and pace. He'd fit right in my Mean Team.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I don't know what the feck is going on here, but I ain't playing, nor have I signed up anywhere as far as I know. So it's Theon's team, nothing to do with me. Again, I don't know what happened with that and I ain't gonna read thirty pages to find out either.
Chill mate.

From your reply below, I understood that you were playing and so put you on the managers list. As Theon did not participate, he volunteered to keep things moving by picking a player till you return. If you were never interested in participating, then it a misunderstanding on my part.

As for reading past 15 pages, it sure will be fun if you have the time :lol: It's been a 'Let's all laugh at antohan' draft till now!

I like this.

Especially the Tevezobola round.

I'd suggest replacing 4-4-2 with 4-3-3 for A2.

Re: the legacy pool - what you propose is that each manager selects one GOAT type player they want to block (eliminate from the draft) and then - once 16 GOATs have been eliminated - one similar type player they want to nominate for the legacy pool. Is that correct?

BorisDeLeFora

I pick Jurgen Klinsmann.

5. antohan - 1. Ljungberg 2. Boniek 3. Gerrard 4. Effenberg 5. Raul 6. Luis Enrique
6. BorisDeLeFora - 1. Zambrotta 2. Tigana 3. Robson 4. Cerezo 5. Del Piero 6. Klinsmann

@ctp

Annahnomoss

Two questions:

1) Is playing Mascherano in CB suicidal?
2) Why is Beckham not a perfect fit as a right mid in a 4-3-3?
1. Depends on who he has around him and who he is up against.
2. I like Beckham as a right mid in a 4-3-3, if you let him play that role by pushing forward offensively a la Di Maria.

I know it will cause troubles though as not everybody likes it.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm chilled as champagne, children.

Alright, I'll manage the team. Dalglish? Jesus.

Gimme a minute to get my head sorted. When is my next pick due? Can someone fill me in a bit here?

ctp

6. BorisDeLeFora - 1. Zambrotta 2. Tigana 3. Robson 4. Cerezo 5. Del Piero 6. Klinsmann
7. ctp - 1. Brolin 2. Lato 3. Xavi 4. Guardiola 5. Shevchenko 6. Ribéry

@Skizzo

Moby

Dick
Why are you so against a flat 4-4-2, EAP?

I don't see much wrong in Nedved - Mascherano - Neeskens - Beckham. And Henry played in the same formation as well.

ctp

Ribéry it is.

7. ctp - 1. Brolin 2. Lato 3. Xavi 4. Guardiola 5. Shevchenko 6. Ribéry

@Skizzo

Moby

Dick
If anything Nedved is an upgrade on Pires, with a better engine and work rate, and can interchange with Henry if needed. I really like that 4-4-2 if you go ahead with it and not always do we get to see players well suited to that formation in a draft.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Hey, Fruitcake - answer me this:

Has this madness progressed according to the scheme you outlined in the other thread:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ide...reads-new-ways-of-playing-out-matches.393557/

?
Yes.

1) 4 pools have been picked one each for defenders, midfielders, forwards and legacy - Check page 1 for list.
2) Legacy, midfieder and forward pools have been allcated with snake picks in between. Page 1 has latest teams before this round.

I think it's been fun with Viva getting all anto's favourites and anto ending up with the dregs of the pool all 3 times. Rest are faring OK.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Okay, as of now I finally drawn my ideal team only for you guys and a sick hybrid of latin unprofessionalism and african deadliness to ruin it and leave me heartbroken

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yes.

1) 4 pools have been picked one each for defenders, midfielders, forwards and legacy - Check page 1 for list.
2) Legacy, midfieder and forward pools have been allcated with snake picks in between. Page 1 has latest teams before this round.

I think it's been fun with Viva getting all anto's favourites and anto ending up with the dregs of the pool all 3 times. Rest are faring OK.
Good. Very good.

It's going to be tricky for a drunkard to keep track of who has been picked, but I guess that'll sort itself out.

Let's roll.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I don't know what the feck is going on here, but I ain't playing, nor have I signed up anywhere as far as I know. So it's Theon's team, nothing to do with me. Again, I don't know what happened with that and I ain't gonna read thirty pages to find out either.
No worries, MJJ has taken over now so it's okay.

It wasn't me who said you were playing by the way, I just volunteered to keep things going.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
@MJJ said he will handle but can only be online in mornings as his internet at home is broken. If you will be on full time, I'd rather you take it with full attention.
Me and MJJ have agreed to do it together, when he's not on I'll post his picks as I did before with Dalglish.

I don't think it's fair to advertise for a new manager, then kick MJJ out later on.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Me and MJJ have agreed to do it together, when he's not on I'll post his picks as I did before with Dalglish.

I don't think it's fair to advertise for a new manager, then kick MJJ out later on.
Agreed. If he wants it, he has it. I'd appreciate it being sorted out quickly, though.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Didn't mean that. But do you want to continue the cooperative arrangement? I thought both of you did not want to be primaries but just agreed to step in to assist.

As you both are in place managers, If you both are willing, you have the priority to continue.

If not Chester will step in as replacement.

@MJJ / @Theon Let me know your decision before DOF Defenders round begins.