The Reality Draft: Main Thread (Finals)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Edgar - 26th September for me and Stob, He isn't free until then.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Would appreciate if we all could stick to ShareMyTactics for formations. Not perfect, but gives a bit of uniformity. First listed gets keeper at top.
I'm fine with us all using the same format - but I really don't care much for the keeper on top model: It doesn't work the way it's supposed to, it just looks odd. I know others agree with this as well. I'll defer to your judgment no matter what, of course - but for my money it's not a good idea. If we all use the same format, it's no problem to post the formation pics side by side - which is a better idea, in my humble opinion.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
@Joga Bonito what time suits you, mate?
The workers would finish a renovation in my apartment at Sunday, probably, so I will need a day off - is something like Tuesday/Wednesday looks ok for you?

harms

Staff
Was waiting for Gattuso to get picked the whole draft. Wanted him as a sub too, but decided to go for a forward. Really surprised - is re rated only as a part of a Pirlodiamond?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
@Joga Bonito what time suits you, mate?
The workers would finish a renovation in my apartment at Sunday, probably, so I will need a day off - is something like Tuesday/Wednesday looks ok for you?
Wednesday sounds good to me. Good luck.
I'm still surprised that no one went for Gamarra or Gattuso in the draft! Hell!
Thought about Gamarra, Montero and Migueli but Sanchis was on a different league for me esp with his passing ability as well.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was waiting for Gattuso to get picked the whole draft. Wanted him as a sub too, but decided to go for a forward. Really surprised - is re rated only as a part of a Pirlodiamond?
Its tough because he's not a disciplined DM, he is more of an aggressive presser.. quality player but I wanted a more disciplined holder, which I didn't manage to get (stupidly enough I thought we didn't do goalkeepers so was planning on a Simeone/Sousa pick.. but really wanted Belodidici).

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
I was very very tempted to go for Rino but the worry I had was with Stam and Vidic at the back, Scholes in midfield, adding Rino would ahve made it more rash. Which is why I went for someone less aggressive in Dunga.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
My Unpicked XI:-

---------------Keegan-----------Careca--------------
-----------------------Riquelme----------------------
Demyanenko----Gattuso--------Yaya Toure----Jorginho
----------Gamarra--------Blind-----------Aldair-------
--------------------------Toldo-----------------------

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Saturday, 20SEP14
?

Sunday, 21SEP14
BorisDeLeFora vs Chesterlestreet

Monday, 22Sep2014
antohan vs Aldo
The Red Viper vs Annahnomoss

Wednesday, 24SEP14
harms vs Joga Bonito

Friday, 26SEP14
Raees vs Stobzilla

TBC
VivaJanuzaj vs crappycraperson
MJJ (Theon) vs Skizzo
ctp vs Jayvin

Last edited:

harms

Staff
Found this brilliant player http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasilis_Hatzipanagis

Tragic story, he was so keen to play in Greece, the land of his fathers, that he came there and signed a contract despite not being able to read it properly - he thought that it was a 2-year deal and it was, but the club had an option to prolong it without his consent for (!!) 10 years. Arsenal and some other big boys were interested, he even trained with the gunners, but Iraklis didn't want to sell him - the fans threatened the club management.

Never played for Greece too, as he played 6 games for USSR before the move.

He looks immensely talented

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't mind doing tomorrow if @antohan has time. Monday is perfectly fine as well, just that hate waiting for my game to be kicked off and if others want the Monday slot.
Busy this weekend.

@Edgar Allan Pillow maybe you can try out the format Chester proposed a while back, that is having both formation graphics side by side instead of one over another. The fact that you can see both without scrolling certainly makes it easier and removes the whole GK on top/bottom restriction.
Agree, that was much better.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Found this brilliant player http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasilis_Hatzipanagis

Tragic story, he was so keen to play in Greece, the land of his fathers, that he came there and signed a contract despite not being able to read it properly - he thought that it was a 2-year deal and it was, but the club had an option to prolong it without his consent for (!!) 10 years. Arsenal and some other big boys were interested, he even trained with the gunners, but Iraklis didn't want to sell him - the fans threatened the club management.

Never played for Greece too, as he played 6 games for USSR before the move.

He looks immensely talented
This was him on "Who wants to be a Millionaire?".

ctp

@Jayvin I don't have too much time over the weekend, but next week any day would be fine with me. Maybe Tuesday/Thursday as there isn't a game on that day, yet.

harms

Staff
This was him on "Who wants to be a Millionaire?".

:lol:

Well, he was a young boy who was born and raised in USSR - it's not fair to judge him for not understanding those capitalists.
He isn't the brightest man, of course, his interview that I read was pretty awful tbf

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
@Jayvin I don't have too much time over the weekend, but next week any day would be fine with me. Maybe Tuesday/Thursday as there isn't a game on that day, yet.
Yeah mate either of those days are fine for me, up to you.

Annahnomoss

Depends on how much you want to start the matches, there has never been an issue with finding people to just start the match. If you want to start them and 2-4 is the best for you, that is what we go with! Otherwise we can just let people choose when it is most suitable to start the matches in the set day.

Either way is good for me!

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Who's this mate, Drogba?
No mate, I was thinking of Cantona. Even on a Utd forum, his record outside the Premier League might limit him as a vote winner for many, but Cantona and Henry is a dream partnership for me in a classic 4-4-2. If I remember correctly at that stage your line up would have been

-----------------------GK------------------------
RB--------------CB---------CB------------Junior
Beckham---Neeskens---Mascherano---Nedved
--------------Cantona---Henry-----------------

It just seemed to have a lovely balance to it, reminiscent of some of the best Utd and Arsenal PL-era teams.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
No mate, I was thinking of Cantona. Even on a Utd forum, his record outside the Premier League might limit him as a vote winner for many, but Cantona and Henry is a dream partnership for me in a classic 4-4-2. If I remember correctly at that stage your line up would have been

-----------------------GK------------------------
RB--------------CB---------CB------------Junior
Beckham---Neeskens---Mascherano---Nedved
--------------Cantona---Henry-----------------

It just seemed to have a lovely balance to it, reminiscent of some of the best Utd and Arsenal PL-era teams.
I agree that The King would have suited Henry well - excellent combination of vision, finesse, speed and clinical finishing between the pair of 'em.

The problem with the classic 4-4-2 is that it requires one hell of a CM pairing for it to be effective (in this context, I mean, not in the real word), as you're likely to come up against opponents with all manner of world beaters in the middle of the park. Neeskens is one of the best - and most complete - central midfielders of all time for my money. Mascherano...not so much. A very good player in the right role - but he's not a good enough allround footballer to impress anyone as part of a CM duo. Or so I would think.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I agree that The King would have suited Henry well - excellent combination of vision, finesse, speed and clinical finishing between the pair of 'em.

The problem with the classic 4-4-2 is that it requires one hell of a CM pairing for it to be effective (in this context, I mean, not in the real word), as you're likely to come up against opponents with all manner of world beaters in the middle of the park. Neeskens is one of the best - and most complete - central midfielders of all time for my money. Mascherano...not so much. A very good player in the right role - but he's not a good enough allround footballer to impress anyone as part of a CM duo. Or so I would think.
Aye, Mascherano for me is one of the best at the base of a 3 but never suited to a 2 man'er.