The RedCafe Boxing Thread

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Pacquiao and Brook SD's. Think that both Khan and Spence have the tools to do the jobs but that the timing still marginally sits right with Manny and Kell (unless his eye damage affects his whole punch resistance) and that a combination of A side advantage and quality outputs will seal close, competitive and perhaps controversial narrow wins for Pacquiao and Brook.

3 very close fights at the weight with Thurman/Garcia soon too. Exciting times. Like a high quality unofficial super 6.

How about you?
Think you're spot on about Spence and Brook.

Not too sure about Khan and Pacman. Its Khan if he can go the distance, big 'if' though. Yes Pacquiao hadnt knocked anyone out in a while but Khans chin is that suspect.

Oggmonster

Predictions for both fights?
I reckon Brook wins on points and Manny stops Khan. I know Manny hasn't knocked anyone out in years etc but Khan has a weak chin and don't think he could take some of the shots others have. Similr to what you said on that one really.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I reckon Brook wins on points and Manny stops Khan. I know Manny hasn't knocked anyone out in years etc but Khan has a weak chin and don't think he could take some of the shots others have. Similr to what you said on that one really.
We finally agree on something. :lol:

VanGaalEra

Can't wait for the Khan PAC fight, think it will be super exciting.

Guess it won't be Sky PPV as they've got Joshua v Klit the following week.

Got to laugh and Brook and Hearn too, every time they say he ducks he goes and fights Canelo and PAC lmao.

Mal donaghy

I can't wait for haye to knock the scouse out of him
Agree with you at first, but then I watched a behind the ropes on sky , and David Haye comes across as a right bellend, whilst bellew comes across normal so, they can destroy each other for all I care.

We all know haye wins by KO within 3 rounds.

Utdstar01

Agree with you at first, but then I watched a behind the ropes on sky , and David Haye comes across as a right bellend, whilst bellew comes across normal so, they can destroy each other for all I care.

We all know haye wins by KO within 3 rounds.
Not quite sure on that one...

salford_

Bellew is getting floored and Haye will beat the piss out of him. IMO of course

Oggmonster

We finally agree on something. :lol:
Broken clock is right twice a day ;)

As for Haye vs. Bellew in particular the Gloves are Off stuff and the Behind the Ropes I'd say it's Sky's marketing team doing a good job hyping the fight more than anything. They've marketed it pretty much as a normal guy in Belew vs. a guy who's just arsed about money and is in a world of his own in Haye. The problem is Bellew isn't normal at all he's just a bit odd. I'd be very surprised if he was on that yacht for long for example it's probably hired to do a few of them shots then he's back in a gym.

Bellew loves giving out shit and had done for years. Haye said some stuff back to him and he's out of order for it all for some reason. I don't believe this Haye isn't training properly stuff I think Nelson was right and it's all a front. Bellew is hugely confident and there's nothing wrong with that but he is a world champion in a terrible division and I really can't see it going well for him at all and I do think Haye ends it when he wants.

Hearn probably knows Haye is strong favourite to and it's been done to set up a Joshua vs. Haye fight sometime later in the year or next year. It sells out Wembley again and it's a huge domestic fight. Equally both are shown as "characters" tht would sell a fight. Haye the bad guy motivated by money only and loves showing it off and Joshua as this dead humble down to earth guy. In the meantime Bellew will go back to his division and no one will be that arsed about him again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wilder has a padded record not fought anyone of note, and never matches up against a proper decent heavyweight, unlike AJ who fights whoever you put in front of him, so far.
I'm sure that will change soon since he's now a top contender. Still 38-0 with 37 knockouts is impressive. We will see how Joshua fares in his next fight. If he can't beat a 40 year old Klitschko then he's probably not ready.

Mal donaghy

I'm sure that will change soon since he's now a top contender. Still 38-0 with 37 knockouts is impressive. We will see how Joshua fares in his next fight. If he can't beat a 40 year old Klitschko then he's probably not ready.
True that. Fingers crossed though,because it paves the way for a golden new era in heavyweight boxing, IMO.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Anyone know what the status of Fury is ? If he comes back, does he have to fight his way back into title fights or does he get one immediately ?

G-manc

Interview with Billy Graham & Kerry Kayes - probably of most interest to Hatton fans:

Claymore

Boxing is soooo good right now, plenty going on. Saw the gloves are off show and there's no doubt Bellew is good at what he does, he's like a slightly crappy Tyson Fury in the way he mouths off, still causing drama. Haye will batter him but who knows.

The point someone made about Khan above, in how as soon as Brook/Hearne say he's ducking he goes and pulls out Canelo or Pacman, yeah he does, but he is avoiding Kell despite saying he would fight him if he did various things, which he's done them all now. Win a belt, fight someone big etc etc. Khan is an excuse maker and could have made this fight 10 times over as Brook and Hearn clearly want to. Khan just keeps making fights he has no chance of winning. I think Khan is scared like Hearn says, he knows that if he loses badly to Kell then its career over and a rebuild needed, yet somehow despite Presscott, Garcia, Petersson, Canelo bad loses he keeps getting in the mix for big fights.

What's Spence like? Never seen him fight but did see all over Youtube people from the USA calling Kel a ducker because he won't fight him as they thought he'd give up the belt/mandatory because he really wanted to fight Khan. Don't get that one at all from the Yanks despite how good Spence may be, he's chased Khan for years and has been in the ring with GGG making a good account.

I think I want Klitchko to beat AJ, strange. Would ideally love to see Haye knock him out or Tyson school him. Fury needs to put the Spar bag of munchies away and get back in shape. They're his belts him want and freed up for everyone after all.

Oggmonster

Wilder seems like he will fight Breazeale next. They had a scuffle after them both fighting on the card at the weekend. I think Wilder gets a lot of stick but I still reckon on pure punching power he is a tricky fight. In Joshua's credit Wlad at 40 is a much better scalp than anything Wilder would of fought so if he wins that (which I think he will to be fair) then he's miles ahead of Wilder in careers already despite having half the fights. I reckon Joshua fights Haye if they both win their next fights before Wilder. It's a far bigger fight and could probably sell out Wembley again.

Anyone know what the status of Fury is ? If he comes back, does he have to fight his way back into title fights or does he get one immediately ?
Judging by recent photos of him he's massively overweight, probably classed as obese and looks nowhere near ready to comeback. I'd imagine if he did it would be a fight vs a big name. If Joshua is still a champion or is the biggest heavyweight in the world still then it would be vs. him.

What's Spence like? Never seen him fight but did see all over Youtube people from the USA calling Kel a ducker because he won't fight him as they thought he'd give up the belt/mandatory because he really wanted to fight Khan. Don't get that one at all from the Yanks despite how good Spence may be, he's chased Khan for years and has been in the ring with GGG making a good account.
Spence is really good. I reckon it's Kell's hardest fight at that weight to date comfortably. He's better than Khan as well so Brook has a bigger challenge I reckon.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Love to see the Joshua v Wilder fight, hopefully as unification fight. Wilder is definitely a big banger. However, so is Joshua and Joshua is a far far better boxer. Joshua will destroy Wilder. In fact Joshua will currently destroy any boxer in the heavy weight division. Klitschko will already be shitting bricks.

Giggs86

Does anyone know where can I watch the Haye vs. Bellew fight in the US? Is this on pay per view somewhere?

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Excited for the Haye v Bellew fight this weekend. I am a little concerned for Bellew's safety though. I know much of the build up to fights is often exaggerated to sell more PPV's and I think that was the case at the beginning of the Haye Bellew saga but I do actually think Bellew has really angered Haye now.

Anyway it will be intriguing to see what sort of shape Haye is in after a long while without a competitive fight. He looked decent in his last 2 fights but obviously they were against nobodies. As most agree I see Haye winning this early but if it goes past 5 rounds Haye is definitely going to be gassing so anything could happen at that stage.

Claymore

Wow, that press conference on ifl tv youtube is mental. The scousers sing over haye like football fans and he goes proper off at Bellew and them. Not seen him swear like that before. He means business here, no ticket selling.

Haye told all the fans there to bet "all you have" on Bellew, he wants to hurt them too!! Mental. Up there with Chrisoras table presser v Whyte. Better even.

Werder Herzog

Only ending one way this and thats Bellew stone cold out. Bang average with the flattest footwork of a world champion i have ever seen, he just plants his feet and lets go, he has proven when stepping up in levels like against Stevenson and Cleverly first time round that he's just not good enough, the second Clev fight Clev was fighting with 1 arm so was hard to judge.

Also i am not buying into the the Haye bad guy lark in all this, Bellew before his original first scheduled fight with Clev that got postponed behaved worse than Haye ever has , Haye is just being Haye, he was far worse with Klitschko with the decapitated head shirt etc and people loved that .

I'd be foaming with if i had scousers screaming over me whilst trying to talk aswell so i'm not buying much into the him losing it lark, he's smart enough to channel that into the ring unlike say Hatton who was always clumsy with it.

Don't get me wrong Haye can be a melon but Bellew is by far from a nice guy.

I actually want Haye to smash Bellew then do Joshua because i cannot stand Eddie Hearn. Always been smug with arrogance since he has practically monopolised boxing over here for the last 6 years. Be good if his main charge took a hiding to a supposed has been.

Oggmonster

Only ending one way this and thats Bellew stone cold out. Bang average with the flattest footwork of a world champion i have ever seen, he just plants his feet and lets go, he has proven when stepping up in levels like against Stevenson and Cleverly first time round that he's just not good enough, the second Clev fight Clev was fighting with 1 arm so was hard to judge.

Also i am not buying into the the Haye bad guy lark in all this, Bellew before his original first scheduled fight with Clev that got postponed behaved worse than Haye ever has , Haye is just being Haye, he was far worse with Klitschko with the decapitated head shirt etc and people loved that .

I'd be foaming with if i had scousers screaming over me whilst trying to talk aswell so i'm not buying much into the him losing it lark, he's smart enough to channel that into the ring unlike say Hatton who was always clumsy with it.

Don't get me wrong Haye can be a melon but Bellew is by far from a nice guy.

I actually want Haye to smash Bellew then do Joshua because i cannot stand Eddie Hearn. Always been smug with arrogance since he has practically monopolised boxing over here for the last 6 years. Be good if his main charge took a hiding to a supposed has been.
In fairness to him both the Cleverly fights were close, albeit I do agree with your sentiment he isn't a great boxer.

Bellew is a hypocrite especially when he's the one fighting (I don't mind him as a pundit when he's impartial.) He does have a history of starting trouble with people. Cleverley, Stevenson, Flores are just 3 examples of it recently. This fight he seems to of taken the high ground narrative somewhat although I don't know how much of that is down to both of them selling the fight.

You've got to bare in mind that it's a Sky promotion, Bellew is the Sky boxer and Haye has historically always been like he is in the build up. Look at the behind the ropes stuff and Bellew was shown as the family man, loved his kids etc and Haye had nothing but a yacht and a few "fake friends." It was all set up really and done so to generate interest.

Again I'm not massive on Hearn but you've got to give him credit for some stuff. The guy rejuvenated boxing in this country. He's got probably the most exciting boxer in the world in Joshua and also a good back up stable with Brook, DeGale, Callum Smith, Crolla etc. He deserves praise for the interest that has been brought to boxing. The reality is British boxing is better with him than without him.

El Zoido

Khan is such a dickhead. 'Superfight'? No fight will ever be considered a superfight again as long as he is part of It.
Well he's at least one of the few boxers who I'm willing to pay to watch get their face smashed in so I guess he has some draw.