The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Mal donaghy

When Khan gets hurt, he stops his boxing and goes into machismo mode, then loses,
His best years are behind him, been in the game too long.

Oggmonster

I know its Amir Khan with a jaw made of softer glass than Owen Hargreaves knees but Pacq hasn't KO'd anyone since 2009!!!
True he's got weaker but he knocked Algeri down 7 times or something (the same Algieri who wobbled Khan as well) I dunno if Khan can take that kind of damage.

Where's the Bellew Haye gloves are off chat, has it been done/released yet? Not paying Sky PM for it though lol....
It's on tomorrow on Sky mate, don't think it's been leaked anywhere.

Utdstar01

Great round that last one. Don't know why Hurd isn't throwing the right hand, being too predictable.

MoneyMay

Why's he spitting out his mouthguard if he's trying to convince the ref he's fit to continue? :lol:

Kazi

Very good fight. It swung both ways until the middle rounds where Hurd started to find his range and land pretty regularly.
Yeah, I can't take him as a serious threat though with that 2 meter wide stance. Just close it up a bit please!

Utdstar01

Yeah, I can't take him as a serious threat though with that 2 meter wide stance. Just close it up a bit please!
:lol: I did think that, really not necessary. Wilder underwhelming so far but still early days.

MoneyMay

Washington 2-0 based on being more active.

Also Wilder's balance really isn't that good.

MoneyMay

Probably took the 3rd too. You watch Washington be running away with it then get KO'D in the 9th or something :lol:
Precisely. We've seen this before but Wilder's fighting like he's torn his bicep.

I'm so done.

Utdstar01

And there we have it :lol: Just not impressed again. He loses to Haye/Joshua, in fact Haye beats him easily.

Utdstar01

Power can take you a long way if you keep fighting guys at this level I guess
Very true. Has he fought anybody credible? 37 fights down the line and he's still not fought 1 world class heavyweight. Truly embarrassing.

MoneyMay

One of the judges had Wilder up (according to Sky Sports). This sport, man...

Honestly I don't see anything special. Wilder isn't all that technically, has poor balance, and is constantly getting outboxed but relies on KO power to win fights. He's clearly physically gifted but the boxing fundamentals aren't there. I think AJ beats him. Even someone like Chisora would stand a chance.

Utdstar01

Honestly I don't see anything special. Wilder isn't all that technically, has poor balance, and is constantly getting outboxed but relies on KO power to win fights. He's clearly physically gifted but the boxing fundamentals aren't there. I think AJ beats him. Even someone like Chisora would stand a chance.
I know, a judge had him a point up :lol::houllier: He's technically very average. An average jab with a powerful right hand but that's it. His reach is mega so it gives him good range but he'll get found out as soon as he comes up against a competent and technical boxer. Hell even Joseph Parker could beat him.

Utdstar01

There's numerous candidates in the division that I'd put my money on beating him tbh.

MoneyMay

I know, a judge had him a point up :lol::houllier: He's technically very average. An average jab with a powerful right hand but that's it. His reach is mega so it gives him good range but he'll get found out as soon as he comes up against a competent and technical boxer. Hell even Joseph Parker could beat him.
Yep, and in the HW division, KO power is enough to overcome technical deficiencies. So I'll give credit to Wilder for that.

Adcuth

Can anyone please get me a slow motion vid of the finish there. fecking shit stoppage that, I wanna see what punches actually landed since the bias yanks only showed the knock-down rather than the stoppage like it ended there.

Oggmonster

He's looked poor in plenty of fights though and I agree he's not anything special. You've got to give him credit though he consistently stops opponents and deserves credit for that.

Whilst I agree Joshua probably beats him (I don't think Chisora would) it genuinely is hard to say. Joshua has never fought anyone with that power or close to it, most boxers haven't either. Neither has been particularly tested either so it's hard to say.

Brook won't be happy with this, top trumping each other and this is much bigger than Brook vs. Spence if it happens.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Predictions for both fights?
Pacquiao and Brook SD's. Think that both Khan and Spence have the tools to do the jobs but that the timing still marginally sits right with Manny and Kell (unless his eye damage affects his whole punch resistance) and that a combination of A side advantage and quality outputs will seal close, competitive and perhaps controversial narrow wins for Pacquiao and Brook.

3 very close fights at the weight with Thurman/Garcia soon too. Exciting times. Like a high quality unofficial super 6.

How about you?