The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Revan

Assumptionman
One punch myth or not, AJ got dismantled by a one punch guy not long ago. Then played chicken in the second fight when the guy was totally overweight and didn’t take the fight seriously. Wilder will take the fight seriously and be in shape.
Ruiz is a far superior fighter compared to Wilder. He is just fat, but he is actually a decent fighter. Wilder looks someone who started training 2 years ago.

Bojan11

You're looking at the no.1 at Heavyweight, absolutely buzzing. I said this a few years ago and I bet there's no arguments now.
Brave prediction by you there. Bet you were on your own when you said that mate.

Giggs86

There is one person in the world right now who shits his pants in fear and his name is Anthony Joshua. I wouldn't want to step in the ring with Fury if I was him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
One punch myth or not, AJ got dismantled by a one punch guy not long ago. Then played chicken in the second fight when the guy was totally overweight and didn’t take the fight seriously. Wilder will take the fight seriously and be in shape.
Its pretty well known that Joshua went into that fight on the back of a concussion. He was destroying Ruiz until he got clipped, and you could see he was immediately concussed again. Should never have fought. Second fight, I get it. A loss there would’ve been career ending.

I’m not saying he’s a great boxer, and everyone has bad days. But he’s consistently shown more than Wilder. Joshua has shown, against Klitschko that he Can brawl with the best and take a hit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
What should Joshua do?

Come in light and try to be mobile, but then lose his power;

Come in heavy, slow, immobile with no stamina, but powerful;

Come in middling, bit of A and B?

It doesn't work whichever he chooses as he's not in the class of Fury as a boxer, I would say. He'll be chasing shadows all fight.
Joshua is better when he is lighter for sure. He’s a decent boxer, but not in the class of Fury. He’s got big power though, and actually has the fundamentals down well enough to be a threat to Tyson. It’s definitely a fight I’d like to see.

Giggs86

Joshua would do good to stay away from Fury. He's a better fighter than Wilder, but again, it is going to end only one way.
I would love for Joshua to lose against Wilder
Everyone knows that Joshua has no balls to get in the ring with neither of them. He will fight fecking Pulev 10 times or a retired Klitschko before he mans up.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was a fantastic performance. Wilder got absolutely outclassed it was brilliant to watch.

I think if AJ fights Wilder, then I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wilder knocks him out.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Denigrating Wilder after the fact is poor form - it was known precisely what he was before the bout; it still remains true and nothing has changed on that score. But his right hand is real and it will put anyone it connects with to sleep; Fury made him look absolutely atrocious and nullified the right at source - it takes huge balls to do what he did tonight, especially so when he called it before executing it.

Wilder is in the wilderness now, though, as the Brits have all the belts and all the star power with no reason at all to include him in what could easily be the biggest fight trilogy of all time ££ wise if Fury does not absolutely humiliate Joshua in the 1st encounter. They're going to sell out Wembley and make a fortune off PPV,. too.

The promoters are doing a happy dance tonight.

Just need Fury to keep it together mentally - a decisive victory like he's had mightn't actually be the best thing for him, unless he's got something to immediately replace all that energy and occupy his mind i.e. that Joshua fight being set up ASAP.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Joshua v Fury needs to happen now, but Joshua will duck that fight for a while you'd expect and hope Fury regresses from where he is now.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Probably. But a lot of people felt the same way after Joshua’s epic win over Klitschko. The heart in that fight was something else. Fury is a better fighter than Joshua, but it remains to be seen really how good Wilder is. He looked like the amateur many have proclaimed him to be, tonight. Looked completely lost.
Joshua made a meal of Klitschko. He was stealing a living at the top for a few years, I remember Del Boy giving him a good fight but we just didn't have the right guys in there to finally put us out of our misery and end the dark days where he ruled HW. Then Tyson absolutely schooled him and suddenly people knew he was done. I never in a million years thought AJ would get dragged into the trenches against that Vlad, but there you go. I'm not giving him any props for that.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Denigrating Wilder after the fact is poor form - it was known precisely what he was before the bout; it still remains true and nothing has changed on that score. But his right hand is real and it will put anyone it connects with to sleep; Fury made him look absolutely atrocious and nullified the right at source - it takes huge balls to do what he did tonight, especially so when he called it before executing it.

Wilder is in the wilderness now, though, as the Brits have all the belts and all the star power with no reason at all to include him in what could easily be the biggest fight trilogy of all time ££ wise if Fury does not absolutely humiliate Joshua in the 1st encounter. They're going to sell out Wembley and make a fortune off PPV,. too.

The promoters are doing a happy dance tonight.

Just need Fury to keep it together mentally - a decisive victory like he's had mightn't actually be the best thing for him, unless he's got something to immediately replace all that energy and occupy his mind i.e. that Joshua fight being set up ASAP.
Why is it poor form? People saying after the fight exactly what they were saying before. He’s got nothing except a bomb of a right. No defence, no combinations. Just a big swinging right. It’s good as a circus act against journeymen but when faced with a real boxer he looked way out of his depth.

Giggs86

Its pretty well known that Joshua went into that fight on the back of a concussion. He was destroying Ruiz until he got clipped, and you could see he was immediately concussed again. Should never have fought. Second fight, I get it. A loss there would’ve been career ending.

I’m not saying he’s a great boxer, and everyone has bad days. But he’s consistently shown more than Wilder. Joshua has shown, against Klitschko that he Can brawl with the best and take a hit.
If Klitschko was 2-3 years younger that fight would've ended in the 5th round with a KO.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Joshua is better when he is lighter for sure. He’s a decent boxer, but not in the class of Fury. He’s got big power though, and actually has the fundamentals down well enough to be a threat to Tyson. It’s definitely a fight I’d like to see.
Fury will never let him set his feet to generate any power, and he's too svelte-footed for Joshua to chase, plus his jab is the stuff of nightmares for Joshua.

It would be the biggest shock of all to me if Joshua could win that fight. Been banging the same drum about it in here since 2016 or '17 before Joshua fought Ruiz. Stylistically, it's just a horrendous match up for Josua, and it'd take some incredible coaching to make it a competitive bout, imo.

Joshua's best chance is the type of Fury we saw tonight who is there and engaging and not the Fury who is on the move all fight long.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ffs missed it as I pressed the snooze button somehow while sleeping :lol:

Made up for Fury though.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So is Fury any good or is the heavyweight div still dire?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Joshua made a meal of Klitschko. He was stealing a living at the top for a few years, I remember Del Boy giving him a good fight but we just didn't have the right guys in there to finally put us out of our misery and end the dark days where he ruled HW. Then Tyson absolutely schooled him and suddenly people knew he was done. I never in a million years thought AJ would get dragged into the trenches against that Vlad, but there you go. I'm not giving him any props for that.
The Klitschko of that night would’ve knocked Wilder out. There’s no doubting Vlad was past his peak but the uppercut he took from AJ would’ve knocked anyone else in the world out.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
That's just him being silly. Tyson hates women and gays. I'm gonna need a lot worse than that...
Tyson has said some really unpleasant things in the past and I disliked him as much as anyone, too. Following his breakdown, he appears to be a changed man, now.

People can make amends by their actions and he has become a better person.

I think, maybe someone else can verify, he has recognised that he has come out with some stupid and insulting things in the past and his experience has changed his views.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and now find him genuinely likable.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why is it poor form? People saying after the fight exactly what they were saying before. He’s got nothing except a bomb of a right. No defence, no combinations. Just a big swinging right. It’s good as a circus act against journeymen but when faced with a real boxer he looked way out of his depth.
Because the threat is and was real and no less potent. It takes a skilful and brave boxer to go in there and make light work of someone who they know can and will knock them out if that bomb connects. Him vs Joshua, for example, is still the same fight now as it was before Fury took him to pieces because Joshua does not have the skill to make that right hand immaterial like Fury did.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Fury will never let him set his feet to generate any power, and he's too svelte-footed for Joshua to chase, plus his jab is the stuff of nightmares for Joshua.

It would be the biggest shock of all to me if Joshua could win that fight. Been banging the same drum about it in here since 2016 or '17 before Joshua fought Ruiz. Stylistically, it's just a horrendous match up for Josua, and it'd take some incredible coaching to make it a competitive bout, imo.

Joshua's best chance is the type of Fury we saw tonight who is there and engaging and not the Fury who is on the move all fight long.
Completely agree. It’s the fight that’s got to happen though. What an event that’ll be. It’ll be much closer than tonight I’m sure. But all the smart money is on Tyson.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Because the threat is and was real and no less potent. It takes a skilful and brave boxer to go in there and make light work of someone who they know can and will knock them out if that bomb connects. Him vs Joshua, for example, is still the same fight now as it was before Fury took him to pieces because Joshua does not have the skill to make that right hand immaterial like Fury did.
Joshua also has way more punching power than Fury, and he gets inside Wilder and he’s gonna hurt him.

Still, as has been said, Wilder is in the wilderness now. No prestige in fighting him, only risk in getting caught with a one off or fluke right hand and getting knocked out. Don’t know where Wilder goes from here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Absolutely. Wilder is danger for AJ, tonight doesn't change that.
I agree. I think AJ will run around the ring trying to avoid the big right, but Wilder will eventually connect and it'll be goodnight.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion

I pretty much agree with you there. I think Fury could and would still take it to Joshua though, just in a more measured way than tonight, as long as he watches the uppercut from Joshua!

thepolice123

It was a flawless victory.

Fury‘s close distance boxing and size really neutralised Wilder’s right hand. He couldn’t load up or telegraphed it too much. The weight gain also worked in Fury’s favour. Wilder looked completely immobilised in clinches. At certain angles it looked like Wilder was fighting someone in an upper weight division. :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I'm not convinced. Wilder has just as good a chance as AJ against Vlad. In my opinion they're about the same level.
I don’t see that tbh.
AJ is no Larry Holmes, but he’s a better boxer than Wilder.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
I agree. I think AJ will run around the ring trying to avoid the big right, but Wilder will eventually connect and it'll be goodnight.
It does make you wonder how Wilder will react to this his first defeat though. If Joshua was to be schooling him a bit with the jab and movement, then started to catch him and hurt him a bit, he might just have flashbacks to this fight. Who knows. Still think Joshua would beat Wilder, but only if he comes in in proper good confident shape and has a go.