g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Deery

Dreary
Sports become a circus act. I wonder what the hungry young lads who are in the gym 8 hours a day then fighting for peanuts infront of a crowd of 250 people think of it all
Oscar De La Hoya was supposed to fight last weekend but caught Covid these guys all over 50 just looking money it’s a joke.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Oscar De La Hoya was supposed to fight last weekend but caught Covid these guys all over 50 just looking money it’s a joke.
feck me boxing does my head in. But….I’m off to see Joshua Usyk in a few weeks so hopefully that’ll put a bit of love for the sport back in me

Deery

Dreary
feck me boxing does my head in. But….I’m off to see Joshua Usyk in a few weeks so hopefully that’ll put a bit of love for the sport back in me
Aw brilliant man that sounds great, I think it won’t be as easy as Joshua would think Usyk is hard to hit flush. I’d give it 60-40 in favour of Joshua just because if he lands it’s probably over..

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Aw brilliant man that sounds great, I think it won’t be as easy as Joshua would think Usyk is hard to hit flush. I’d give it 60-40 in favour of Joshua just because if he lands it’s probably over..
Yeah reckon Usyk’s got more chance than people are giving him. Just hoping for a decent night tbh :lol:

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Just FYI, I just beat up a man who nearly qualifies as a senior citizen. How good am I? fecking Yeahhhhh! Whodaman? Yeah I'm da man! Yeahhh! Winner. I won. I'm a winner!

#belfort

LDUred

Just FYI, I just beat up a man who nearly qualifies as a senior citizen. How good am I? fecking Yeahhhhh! Whodaman? Yeah I'm da man! Yeahhh! Winner. I won. I'm a winner!

#belfort

And it would be easier to swallow if Vitor hadn't been roided out of his mind as per usual.

Just sickening to watch and a sad, pathetic spectacle. Someone needed to protect Holyfield before he stepped back in that ring.

Baneofthegame

Couldn’t find a recent thread, if there is one mods can remove this.

Some great fights coming up:

25th Usyk vs Joshua.

Genuinely unsure at which way this fight may go, Usyk has great boxing skills, great counterpuncher and appears to have bulked up from his previous two, whether or not Joshuas power can deter him is another question.

Could honestly see any result for this one personally for either man.

October 9th - Fury vs Wilder III

Honestly not sure if I’ve seen such a badly promoted trilogy fight in recent memory. After hearing Wilder say Scott his new trainer hasn’t taught him anything the only way I see him winning this fight is through a Hail Mary KO as he’s still the hardest hitting fighter in the division.

Fully expect Fury to smash him though.

October 16th - Marshall vs Muzeya.

Hopefully we get to see Marshall smash Shields at some point, fully expect her to win this.

October 30th - Whyte vs Wallin

Seems like Whytes been waiting for a title shot for ages, his shock loss to Povetkin didn’t help, Wallin gave a ring rusty Fury a good fight, so should be a great one to watch.

November 6th - Canelo vs Plant.

Canelo UD.

Any other fights people are looking forward to? Crawford vs Porter is another one, Inoue vs Casemiro is another one in the works supposedly.

Deery

Dreary
I think I’ll buy this fight at the weekend and make a night out of it in case the stream goes down. Usyk will need to bring his A game if he’s to bother Joshua but you never know what could happen hopefully a good fight either way. Not the best undercard though typical matchroom making terrible match ups and easy fights for the knockout.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Joshua is as light and mobile as I can recall since the Olympics. Puts a different slant on the bout. Can Usyk cope with all the added weight or will he be compromised? It’s a very interesting contest.

JP77

Said I can’t see Usyk beating Joshua months back and nothing has changed for me, in fact I think Joshua may even finish him.

I also have a terrible feeling that Wilder is going to catch Fury and cause a huge upset, nothing tk back this up other than a gut feeling. Fury is clearly the better fighter and it would be gutting to see it happen, hopefully the gut is wrong.

Deery

Dreary
Mad stat that, he needs to fight better than he did against Chisora but he’s got a chance..

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Joshua signs for life. Hearn must be up with Arum as the top promoter in the world.

Deery

Dreary
Joshua signs for life. Hearn must be up with Arum as the top promoter in the world.

This tells me that he’ll never fight Fury and be dining out on bums until he retires and Usyk has absolutely no chances of winning a points decision this weekend.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
This tells me that he’ll never fight Fury and be dining out on bums until he retires and Usyk has absolutely no chances of winning a points decision this weekend.
Haha I was just thinking the same about points. No way is Hearn going to let his cash cow go down to a decision.

Deery

Dreary
Does this mean Joshua is now leaving sky sports after his next fight?
Probably, with DAZN looking to buy BT sports now I wonder if he could end up there? I think streaming services are no good for catching the casual fans.

Maybe even Fury on Sky!
How good is Usyk? Does he really have the game to upset Joshua?
P4P good like a cruiser weight Lomachenko but doesn’t carry heavy weight power or size and chin hasn’t been checked at this weight but boxing wise he’s very very good.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Probably, with DAZN looking to buy BT sports now I wonder if he could end up there? I think streaming services are no good for catching the casual fans. Maybe even Fury on Sky!

P4P good like a cruiser weight Lomachenko but doesn’t carry heavy weight power or size and chin hasn’t been checked at this weight but boxing wise he’s very very good.
Damn, sounds like a very interesting match up, if Joshua loses then probably no chance he ever fights Fury. If he wins though, it'll probably be the best fight he could have before a potential bout with Fury.

Deery

Dreary
Damn, sounds like a very interesting match up, if Joshua loses then probably no chance he ever fights Fury. If he wins though, it'll probably be the best fight he could have before a potential bout with Fury.
You would still have to fancy Joshua as the favourite though but I’m interested to see just how good Usyk can be at this level.

LDUred

Usyk looks a stone heavier than against Chisora. I thought he was going to try and dance AJ into submission but with extra weight he might be looking to trade a bit more.

Can only see that benefitting AJ. As awesome as Usyk is P4P, he gets hit quite a lot for a mover and his head movement isn't always so good. If he gets hit by AJ half as much as he did against Bellew and Chisora and tastes that uppercut, it's lights out.

Last edited:

Nico87

Tommy Fury turned down £1 million to fight Jake Paul how can they possible attempt to promote him as a serious fighter ( I know he’s not very remotely good) when he’s ducking a YouTuber.