The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Can't wait for this fight. Manny will be a big underdog but like the Thurman fight showed, anything is possible. What a champ he is though, 20 plus years into it and picking the young hungry lion to test himself against.

SambaBoy

Can't believe that one judge who scored the Charlo fight 117-111. It makes a mockery of boxing, and it's not a one off. In nearly every big boxing fight, there is at least 1 scorecard that is miles off and quite clearly corrupt. Sometimes all 3.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Can't believe that one judge who scored the Charlo fight 117-111. It makes a mockery of boxing, and it's not a one off. In nearly every big boxing fight, there is at least 1 scorecard that is miles off and quite clearly corrupt. Sometimes all 3.
How would you define corrupt?
Not necessarily disagreeing with all you say just wondering where your parameters of corrupt judges lie.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Not necessarily disagreeing with all you say just wondering where your parameters of corrupt judges lie.
I guess there’s a spectrum of scoring cards where opinions on style/aggression/technique and all the other factors can vary but it’s still an acceptable opinion. Then there’s some you see that are outside of that which indicate bias

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
I guess there’s a spectrum of scoring cards where opinions on style/aggression/technique and all the other factors can vary but it’s still an acceptable opinion. Then there’s some you see that are outside of that which indicate bias
Is bias the same as corruption?
For what it's worth I think the instances of outright corruption in the many controversially scored recent contests are very low but incompetence and bias disturbingly high.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Is bias the same as corruption?
For what it's worth I think the instances of outright corruption in the many controversially scored recent contests are very low but incompetence and bias disturbingly high.
Who knows? ‘Wide’ cards are pretty regular, but how regularly are they investigated? Plus the judge is there to be impartial. If they show bias, regardless of whether there’s a reward, surely there is a motive? Bias isn’t randomly selected is it. Which to me indicates a level of corruption
Edit. An example. Home cards. So the hometown boy gets favourable cards. We see it all the time. Well, why? Because it’s good for regional boxing (presumably). So there’s the motive, even if the judge isn’t a direct benefactor

SambaBoy

It's a hard one to define. Like the Chocolatito v Estrada fight was called corrupt judging but I don't necessarily agree as I could see arguments for both winners, Chocolatito was the winner in my eyes but it wasn't massively clear. When one scorecard is massively in favour of a fighter when it shouldn't be, then it has to be questioned.

I read an article that all these judges are invited to the sanctioning bodies events in Miami, Cancun, Vegas etc. They are friends with the promoters and the head of the bodies. Naturally, they want to remain within these circles, so there's a suggestion they will always favour the 'home' fighter, as it means more money for sanctioning bodies/promoters.

I think it would be quite easy to manipulate a judge into scoring a fight one way. It's not just this one fight, it's been happening for a long time now.

Fracture90

WBO ordered Crawford vs. Porter to be made. Ffs, regulatory body/promotion ordering an actual proper fight to come to pass....what is this feeling??

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
WBO ordered Crawford vs. Porter to be made. Ffs, regulatory body/promotion ordering an actual proper fight to come to pass....what is this feeling??
Nicee. Winner to face the winner of pac vs Spence in a unification bout.

Can you imagine if Manny wins vs Spence. He would have the chance to take out three undefeated monsters in a row.

G-manc

I caught up on last nights BT show this morning.

Joe Joyce is so weird - he keeps winning but looks utterly awful in the process. Slow, arm punching and a weird personality. It's a good job he's got a concrete head.

It reminds me of the The Simpsons episode where Homer's opponents tire themselves out hitting him and then fall over from exhaustion.

Deery

Dreary
Anyone watching the DAZN card from Matchroom?

Good fight right now between Tommy McCarthy and Callum Billam Smit.

Deery

Dreary
Same but was surprised to see number of punches/jabs thrown statistics, thought Billam Smith had more than that. For me just edged it. Not by 4 rounds though!
Xu Can up now against Wood he’s supposed to be a real good fighter never saw him before though.

G-manc

Some effort that from Leigh Wood on 5 weeks notice. I thought he picked his shots really well all night. World Champ at 32!

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Some effort that from Leigh Wood on 5 weeks notice. I thought he picked his shots really well all night. World Champ at 32!
Well done him but I shake my head at the thought of him as a World Champ.
He's probably about #10 in a fairly weak division but I suppose you can do no more than beat the man put in front of you.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah fair play Leigh Woods boxed the head off the Chinese dude, great victory for him..

Deery

Dreary
Does anyone know anything about this Conlan fight can you get it on IPTV not showing anything for me?

Just outed myself as a TV thief I know but these streaming sites are totally ruining the game for me..

I’m not paying a tenner to watch Conlan body punch fairy taps for 12 rounds..

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Probably the potentially most exciting fight of the year takes place this Saturday.

I'm looking forward to Vergil Ortiz jnr taking on Mean Machine Egidijus Kavaliauskas for just the WBO International Title but the thought of a hugely exciting prospect facing off against a legitimate badass guy who has previously lost only to the best in the division and is looking to derail Ortiz's hype train to get himself another crack at the big time.

Much more interesting to me than Canelo's next demolition job or which tomato can Dilian Whyte gets matched up with.

Looks like he's keeping himself ready for another show fight. I dont think many people outside the professional circuit could live with him even now. 55 and still moving like that :eek:

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
As I thought, the Ortiz/Kavaliauskas fight turned out to be a cracker with Ortiz getting wobbled and probably knocked down in the 2nd before coming back and. decking The Mean Machine in the 3rd.
Ortiz continued to have problems with his super game opponent before dispatching him in the 8th.
Afterwards he called out Crawford and on this showing and a little bit of improvement I reckon he has a real chance of taking Bud's "0".

Deery

Dreary
Looks like that’s it for Pacquiao lost on points to Yordenis Ugas, put up a good spirited fight but came up short against a good boxer.

Will miss him probably been my favourite boxer ever since the Hatton fight, incredible he’s still going and fighting for World titles. A true great and wonderful human being…

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Looks like that’s it for Pacquiao lost on points to Yordenis Ugas, put up a good spirited fight but came up short against a good boxer.

Will miss him probably been my favourite boxer ever since the Hatton fight, incredible he’s still going and fighting for World titles. A true great and wonderful human being…
Yeah incredible he's still fighting killers at this stage of his career. In a way it's better than him getting sparked by Spence or Crawford. One of the greatest of all time. Hope he beats Duerte in his next fight.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Yeah incredible he's still fighting killers at this stage of his career. In a way it's better than him getting sparked by Spence or Crawford. One of the greatest of all time. Hope he beats Duerte in his next fight.
Not sure Spence will be sparking anyone soon. Don't think he'll ever be the same fighter again but we'll see.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

Will miss him probably been my favourite boxer ever since the Hatton fight, incredible he’s still going and fighting for World titles. A true great and wonderful human being
“It’s common sense,” the eight times world champion, who later apologised, said. “Do you see animals mating with the same sex? Animals are better because they can distinguish male from female. If men mate with men and women mate with women they are worse than animals.”
Not the words of a wonderful human being. Even in his apology he reaffirmed that he's against same-sex marriage.

Deery

Dreary
Not the words of a wonderful human being. Even in his apology he reaffirmed that he's against same-sex marriage.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao builds 1000 homes for the poor after starting his hugely successful career on an empty stomach. Growing up in the Sarangani Province, Philippines, there were many days when he drank only water to fill his stomach. He later made millions from his winnings.
Also aiming to build a hospital, I think it’s a better yardstick to judge someone on than a throw away comment about animal reproduction. How many homes have you built homeless by the way?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Also aiming to build a hospital, I think it’s a better yardstick to judge someone on than a throw away comment about animal reproduction. How many homes have you built homeless by the way?
A 'wonderful human being' doesn't compare homosexuals to animals, regardless of how many houses he builds, and of course there's no way a bad person would do good things for positive PR, airbrushing their stains away. From your daft question I can see that you're unlikely to accept this though so I'll leave it there with this article. Everybody is free to draw their own conclusions about what type of person Pacquiao is, regardless of his undoubtedly legendary boxing career.
https://www.boxingnewsonline.net/the-unnerving-politics-of-senator-manny-pacquiao/
Better cancel the fecker sharpish. Add him to the list
Don't care about cancelling, simply disputed that he's a 'wonderful human being'.

lsd

The Oracle
Weird I had a feeling Ugas would beat him and was positive Spencer would.

Still a great career and hopefully he retires now

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Didn’t he miraculously escape from that crash with zero injuries?
No broken bones but a cut up face.
The trauma of the crash plus the eye damage he now has will make him vulnerable to serious injury if he ever fights again so if he has any sense he’ll take a step back.
Maybe take on a You Tuber one day.

Deery

Dreary
A 'wonderful human being' doesn't compare homosexuals to animals, regardless of how many houses he builds, and of course there's no way a bad person would do good things for positive PR, airbrushing their stains away. From your daft question I can see that you're unlikely to accept this though so I'll leave it there with this article. Everybody is free to draw their own conclusions about what type of person Pacquiao is, regardless of his undoubtedly legendary boxing career.
https://www.boxingnewsonline.net/the-unnerving-politics-of-senator-manny-pacquiao/
I think he’s comparing everyone to animals and your attack on him is based on saying “of course”, hardly conclusive stuff is it? We don’t even know the context of the conversation or the legitimacy of the person who wrote it..

I think he’s comparing everyone to animals and your attack on him is based on saying “of course”, hardly conclusive stuff is it? We don’t even know the context of the conversation or the legitimacy of the person who wrote it..
He’s also a thick cnut if he thinks animals don’t also bang the same sex.

He clearly states that gays are worse than animals. Thus proving he’s a) a moron and b) a honomphobic knuckle dragging numpty

Last edited:
I can’t answer that, I’ve never paid too much attention to animals reproduction habits..
That’s not how you reproduce.

And no-one is asking you to “answer”, it’s a well known fact that plenty of male animals love a go on each other.

To be fair to Manny, he’s spent an entire career getting his braincells banged out, you’ve no excuse.