The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Oggmonster

That's a joke right? Everyone Joshua fights is a seasoned pro with extensive amateur pedigree. Skilled fighters fighting the best.

Not some YouTube kid who cant box against an old man who is there just to take it the 8 rounds for the exhibition that it is. To make it worse it was horribly boring.
Hahaha yeah that's definitely a poster who doesn't like Joshua. How can Joshua fighting actual boxsrs be compared to this!!

I'm not arsed if people paid for it, doesn't bother me but I will equally take the piss of them a bit if I want to same as I would if I thought a mate spent money on other shite.

lsd

The Oracle
That's a joke right? Everyone Joshua fights is a seasoned pro with extensive amateur pedigree. Skilled fighters fighting the best.

Not some YouTube kid who cant box against an old man who is there just to take it the 8 rounds for the exhibition that it is. To make it worse it was horribly boring.

Joshua does not fight the best or anywhere near it. Every fight he is usually 1/20 to win because his opponent is either 40 yrs old a bulked up cruiserweight or a guy with little power.

For a champion with so many defences it's shocking how little tests he has had and boxers he has avoided.

bsCallout

Joshua does not fight the best or anywhere near it. Every fight he is usually 1/20 to win because his opponent is either 40 yrs old a bulked up cruiserweight or a guy with little power.

For a champion with so many defences it's shocking how little tests he has had and boxers he has avoided.
You're either a troll or know little about boxing. Joshua has fought every mandatory put infront of him, some of the biggest names in the HW division. He has the deepest resume in the division.

All the guys he's fought are accomplished amateurs and pros. You can dimish their skill all you want, but that's just pure ignorance.

Oggmonster

Who has he avoided?

Except Logan Paul of course cos apparently he's as good as Wlad, Povetkin, Ruiz, Parker etc

Inter Yer Nan

There would be a serious enquiry into how the moderating bodies in boxing allowed this to happen.

Question; Canelo and GGG, who is better? I don't watch too much boxing but saw their two fights.

Just looking at the records you would say Canelo there but I swear GGG seemed to have been robbed?
Golovkin was robbed both times and they fought in Canelo’s prime and Golovkin had already peaked. Golovkin was the better fighter at their respective peaks but he’s 40 now and Canelo’s put even more chemicals in his body so Canelo will legitimately win a third fight but it wouldn’t matter much apart from financially.

Canelo has a better overall resume but that’s partly because he was given all the opportunities. He never had to chase a fight and he had things given to him and even a few fights he lost he won like Lara. Golovkin was never given a set-up fight like Kovalev to win a trinket in another division for example. Cotto ran from Golovkin but faced Canelo instead for example too.

Inter Yer Nan

Joshua is willing. I mean, it’s not his fault the Fury fight is off. He was misled. Also, it’s not him who turned down the Wilder fight. Wilder admitted he turned down $100m (while saying it’s not about money) and then later in his weird rant to Fury said something like “I turned down far more money to fight Joshua just to face you” so even though he’s not faced those guys it’s not his fault. He’s probably going to fight Usyk next and then you’ve got to look when he fought guys. Whyte was a dangerous match, Wladimir was considered a dangerous roll of the dice, Povetkin was mandatory. Parker held a title. The division isn’t stacked but he has the most depth to his resume overall. I do believe Fury is the #1 until proven otherwise though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was definitely rocked and had Mayweather side stepped he'd have almost certainly gone down.
Mayweather did side step though. Paul was rocked, hence he grabbed onto Mayweather who was rolling him off at the end of the clip. He certainly wasn’t being deliberately held upright and he definitely wasn’t knocked out.

bsCallout

Mayweather did side step though. Paul was rocked, hence he grabbed onto Mayweather who was rolling him off at the end of the clip. He certainly wasn’t being deliberately held upright and he definitely wasn’t knocked out.
He was clearly stunned and would have likely gone down. Mayweather doesn't side step or pivot, in fact he has an underhook in, clearly supporting his weight. Mayweather used to always drag his hands out to get distance, at no point does he do that, he's supporting his weight.

lsd

The Oracle
Can't say I'm a fan of the Paul's of whatever it is they do but I thought Logan was the more famous one and just writing this post I have forgotten which one Mayweather faced now

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was clearly stunned and would have likely gone down. Mayweather doesn't side step or pivot, in fact he has an underhook in, clearly supporting his weight. Mayweather used to always drag his hands out to get distance, at no point does he do that, he's supporting his weight.
Mayweather isn’t supporting his weight. Watch the last second of the clip closely. You can see Paul has to do a stutter step to keep upright, as Mayweather uses the underhook to roll out from under him. The only person stopping Paul from hitting the deck is Paul.

cyberman

Because the bell went and Logan was still windmilling his arms. Either that or he was trying to save the legacy of boxing by stopping him swinging.
Ah end of round makes sense. It just seems he randomly stepped in because none if it made sense.

To me that was not boxing. It was some weird WWF hybrid purely for entertainment, I can't believe people paid $50 for it.

I think (hope) Mayweather extracted the full duration for the fans so they can have a viable rematch, and that will be the one where he will properly go for him.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Definitely not boxing and if anything I think the next huge moneymaker will be celebrity mma. Cm punk kinda tried his hand at it but the best thing would be two celebrities going at it. I propose a Trump vs Obama event.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Definitely not boxing and if anything I think the next huge moneymaker will be celebrity mma. Cm punk kinda tried his hand at it but the best thing would be two celebrities going at it. I propose a Trump vs Obama event.
Trump vs "the Rock" with Trump being bounced through a couple of ringside tables.

I'd pay 50 bucks for that!

Stacks

Its probably the perfect outcome Mayweather outclassed him easily but will be criticised for not stopping him and hopefully will realise his time is up now at 44 and never do this again.

Paul looked like the novice he is and only survived by hugging a smaller guy he was over 2 stone heavier for dear life
agreed. Paul effectively retired him. Before he was saying he would whip them both (Logan and Jake) in one night but by the end he realised he was better than he thought and doubts he'll do this again.
Mayweather was never going to hurt him was he? You realise how much worse it would have been for boxing if Mayweather seriously hurt the gimp?
I don't think he'd go in to seriously hurt him in an exhibition. I'd imagine people would of expected a bit more though. From what I've read literally nothing happened. More fool people for paying for it I suppose.

Mayweather is the master of making money out of daft shit though. I reckon he'll do something like this again and people would pay for it! He'll fight the other brother next with the build up based around the theft of the hat.
He was both expected to and tried to get him out of there. You could see him throwing haymakers and complaining about holding, during and in the post match interview. He kept referring to Logan's weight advantage and wrestling skills and how it was hard to break away from his holding, stating Logan probably over 200lb. He was making excuses although he was absolutely correct. He was frustrated and also made to miss sometimes. I watched an interview with his uncle who professed that Logan's size, age (20 years younger) and fitness "described him as an athlete" prevented Floyd from hurting him, along with the distance and his holding. All the ex boxers I have seen (Tyson, Judah, Floyd uncle etc) saying the same and that Floyd should avoid fighting cruiserweights and fight Manny or something. They all seemed to witness the same thing but his fanboys and Logan haters started playing mental gymnastics, changing the narrative and making excuses because they expected an early KO. Even in the commentary in the video in this forum, Viddal professes that its difficult to hurt someone with such a size advantage.

It is what it is.

EDIT: He says if Logan came to fight more it wouldn;t have lasted 8.

Nico87

Didn’t watch the fight as I begrudge PPV as a concept generally seek as sports is already essentially a PPV service, I relent for the biggest fights but definitely not for something like this. So having not seen this how would Logan have faired if he fought someone who was obviously nowhere near Floyd‘s level as a boxer but a heavy hitter, even with the size difference would you have expected someone like Maidana to KO him?.

SuperiorXI

Didn’t watch the fight as I begrudge PPV as a concept generally seek as sports is already essentially a PPV service, I relent for the biggest fights but definitely not for something like this. So having not seen this how would Logan have faired if he fought someone who was obviously nowhere near Floyd‘s level as a boxer but a heavy hitter, even with the size difference would you have expected someone like Maidana to KO him?.
A decent amateur would beat him. People underestimate how long it takes to learn how to "box", these guys are just coming into the gym and spending all their money on trainers but you can't buy experience.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Ponce v Ritson fight unreal. Father/trainer throws towel in and ref kicks it away and carries on with the fight.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Ref should explain himself. I was only half watching it and just thought the ref hadn’t seen it.