The RedCafe Boxing Thread

lsd

The Oracle
That’s absolutely madness! Ref is surely in deep shit for that? Certainly got a lot of explaining to do.
Surely the corner should have stepped in to ensure the fight was stopped.

I wonder if the referee was told by the corner to not stop it.

Very strange to just throw the towel away

Oggmonster

They threw the towel in so they wanted it stopping.

They were arguging with the referee at the final bell as well so there's no way they wanted that to continue.

If I had to guess it was Ritson in front of a home crowd who wanted to continue and told the ref that at some point (not sure when) and the ref was influenced by that cos the corner wanted him out of there. Either way it's ridiculous, the fighters will always continue and the corner tried protecting him (including his Dad who was in the corner) and the ref decided to ignore it all.

Deery

Dreary
Terrible from the ref there he has no right to let that fight continue the corner know their fighter and how much he can take especially his own dad.

RedDevilRoshi

Thing is though, surely Ritson’s corner wouldn’t throw the towel in if they wanted it to continue. They were arguing with the ref at the end for ignoring their call and rightfully so.

They threw the towel in which signals they wanted it stopped and rightfully so as Ritson was being pounded and struggling to defend himself. Ponce walked away with his arms up in the air and the ref told him to stop and get back in the fight and continue.

As mentioned, the ref has a lot answer for. It’s their job to protect the two fighters inside the ring.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Watched the Fury Wilder presser, Wilder already looks shook. They have a 5 min stare down and not a single word spoken, then Wilder walks away. Seriously worried about Wilder he looks disinterested and can only see a bad outcome for Wilder.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Watched the Fury Wilder presser, Wilder already looks shook. They have a 5 min stare down and not a single word spoken, then Wilder walks away. Seriously worried about Wilder he looks disinterested and can only see a bad outcome for Wilder.
I've not seen it but just thinking back to the beat down he got last time, if course he's shook. There's no way he'll overcome that in his head and the fight should go the same way once again. I honestly don't know what Wilder is thinking.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I've not seen it but just thinking back to the beat down he got last time, if course he's shook. There's no way he'll overcome that in his head and the fight should go the same way once again. I honestly don't know what Wilder is thinking.
Im genuinely worried for him. I dont think he should be taking a rematch against a guy who has given him a boxing lesson over the two fights. Theres nothing he has learned that will change in this next fight and it looks like hes only there for the paycheck. Hope its a quick end to the next fight for Wilders sake.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm scared Wilder is going to do him as it feels like the world doesn't want the Fury - AJ fight to happen.

Widow

I dont think he should be taking a rematch against a guy who has given him a boxing lesson over the two fights
Fury ws lucky to survive the first fight, I still don't know how he managed to get off the canvas.

That's why Wilder is taking the fight, he knows that he still has the power for a one punch win... Does he have the skill though!

cyberman

Fury ws lucky to survive the first fight, I still don't know how he managed to get off the canvas.

That's why Wilder is taking the fight, he knows that he still has the power for a one punch win... Does he have the skill though!
Doesn't that prove the opposite though? He had 2 fights to hit him and keep him down, even catching him clean.. And didn't. In fact Fury worked out to keep him on the back foot and took his power away from him.
This is going to be bad.

pocco

loco
The only thing that can beat Fury is Fury himself in this fight. Like Cyberman said, he learnt to keep Wilder going backwards and take his game away from him. First fight we tried to be elegant and outbox as he did vs Klitschko. He was flying in that fight too until he got complacent and dropped his hands/stopped moving.

That's the only slight concern for me. He goes into the fight complacent, decides he just wants an easy night and forgets to put his foot on the gas an gets caught. I've seen it a few times with Tyson down the years where he sort of lowers himself to the opposition for an easy night. He does win in the end but he's had his moments (ie Cunningham).

Widow

Doesn't that prove the opposite though? He had 2 fights to hit him and keep him down, even catching him clean.. And didn't. In fact Fury worked out to keep him on the back foot and took his power away from him.
This is going to be bad.
Personaly, I think Wilder won the first fight. It was never a draw.

Hopeful, Fury win will but I have doubts he will ever face AJ

Inter Yer Nan

Wilder is never silent. The way he’s cried and the ridiculous excuses since the first fight and he’s mute all of a sudden? I think he was worried Fury would ridicule him but there’s also the fact he doesn’t believe what he’s said. He’s doing this for the payday/cashing out. Mentally he’s appeared crushed. Fury took his soul.

SuperiorXI

The only thing that can beat Fury is Fury himself in this fight. Like Cyberman said, he learnt to keep Wilder going backwards and take his game away from him. First fight we tried to be elegant and outbox as he did vs Klitschko. He was flying in that fight too until he got complacent and dropped his hands/stopped moving.

That's the only slight concern for me. He goes into the fight complacent, decides he just wants an easy night and forgets to put his foot on the gas an gets caught. I've seen it a few times with Tyson down the years where he sort of lowers himself to the opposition for an easy night. He does win in the end but he's had his moments (ie Cunningham).
Pretty much echo my thoughts. Have to say seeing Fury recently on the social media calling out wrestlers, showing up on ESPN and pushing NFTs etc out in Vegas I was questioning where his mindset was at. I'm hoping he has been able to cut all that shit in his camp and get his head right. Wilder is a very dangerous opponent for any heavyweight, probably throughout history. He has one of the most devastating punches you'll ever see. But if Fury brings even 70% of his A-game there's only going to be one winner, he's in a different class to Wilder.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Was looking forward to Lopez Kambosos but Lopez has gone and got Covid. Amazingly I think it’s the first time he’s been quiet for a year

Ananke

Personaly, I think Wilder won the first fight. It was never a draw.

Hopeful, Fury win will but I have doubts he will ever face AJ
Disagree completely, Fury had more rounds in that first fight. The last round dramatics took away from it.

Fury is gonna do what Fury always does. He talks, he gets the attention, he promotes. He's bloody brilliant at it and he backs it up in the ring. And for all the trash he talks, underneath he won't be underestimating Wilder. Wilder however is stubborn and I think Fury is exactly right, he's going to revert back to past Wilder the moment he gets roughed up a bit.

Widow

Disagree completely, Fury had more rounds in that first fight. The last round dramatics took away from it.

Fury is gonna do what Fury always does. He talks, he gets the attention, he promotes. He's bloody brilliant at it and he backs it up in the ring. And for all the trash he talks, underneath he won't be underestimating Wilder. Wilder however is stubborn and I think Fury is exactly right, he's going to revert back to past Wilder the moment he gets roughed up a bit.
You can disagree but it doesn't make you right!

Furys trouble is he can always get hit, he's good at getting up afterwards mind.

I've no doubt he'll get past Wilder but if he met AJ, he couldn't afford to get hit. There'd be no coming back from that.

I like Fury but he definitely lost the first fight. You say otherwise but that's the thing with opinions, we're all entitled to them.

Ananke

Furys trouble is he can always get hit, he's good at getting up afterwards mind.

I've no doubt he'll get past Wilder but if he met AJ, he couldn't afford to get hit. There'd be no coming back from that.

I like Fury but he definitely lost the first fight. You say otherwise but that's the thing with opinions, we're all entitled to them.
Yup not saying I’m right :D. It wasn’t a clear cut win from either fighter so all opinion based.

I like both fury and AJ so, that fight will be amazing to watch.

Revan

Assumptionman

Which rounds did Wilder win? He won the two knock-down rounds 10-8, you can give him another or at most two rounds. Which leaves 8 rounds for Fury, or 114-112.

You need to give another three rounds to Wilder to have this as a draw, and another four to have it a Wilder win. I really would like to know where do you find those rounds.

Fury won that fight clearly. It doesn't matter that he fell twice, those rounds are still scored 10-8 for Wilder.

pocco

loco

Huh? I'm pretty sure Fury was way up on the cards and the 10-8s don't change the whole fight. You're definitely in the minority with that POV. I don't think I've seen anyone say Wilder won the first fight.

And I disagree re Fury being easy to hit. Wilder and Klitschko between them barely landed anything apart from the 2 big shots from Wilder. Over 3 fights, 2 memorable punches landed at HW means Fury is doing something right. He's got much better defence and head movement than the likes of AJ. The question will be whether AJ, who is chinny, can withstand what Fury WILL be landing. If it ever happens.

Personally, I think Wilder is just as good and powerful as AJ. I'd be seriously interested in that fight and Wilder could 100% beat AJ. Fury I would trust to find a way vs AJ. AJ is too basic, come forward, lacks head movement, robotic and predictable in his movement.

Last edited:

Widow

I'm pretty sure Fury was way up on the cards
111-111, 115-111 (wilder), 114-112 (Fury) You cant always trust the cards though. Even these are strange numbers.

Wilder couldn't beat AJ, I'm my opinion. He's a pretender to the crown.

Fury has been knocked down on a few occasions. Fury has a 67% knockout percentage compared to AJ's 92%

I don't think we'll ever get to see the fight though, Fury has been dodging for some time now.

Widow

Which rounds did Wilder win? He won the two knock-down rounds 10-8, you can give him another or at most two rounds. Which leaves 8 rounds for Fury, or 114-112.

You need to give another three rounds to Wilder to have this as a draw, and another four to have it a Wilder win. I really would like to know where do you find those rounds.

Fury won that fight clearly. It doesn't matter that he fell twice, those rounds are still scored 10-8 for Wilder.
Apart from he didn't though. Split decision!

Pointless debating opinions, nobody will change their mind. I shared mine. You shared yours. Happy days!

Inter Yer Nan

Definitely? I have yet to speak to someone who felt Wilder won. It was hard to find more than four rounds for him. I personally gave him two. For him to have definitely won he'd have needed to win six rounds and there's no chance that happened.

Widow

Definitely? I have yet to speak to someone who felt Wilder won. It was hard to find more than four rounds for him. I personally gave him two. For him to have definitely won he'd have needed to win six rounds and there's no chance that happened.
Until today, I was yet to speak to anyone who thought that Fury won...Imagine that!

Revan

Assumptionman
Wilder only won two rounds the first first. How anyone can claim he won it is mystifying
I guess there are people who only think 'he knocked down Fury twice' so he won. Failing to realize that every round is scored in isolation, and those two knock downs give him only +4 points (being scored 10-8). But then for every round Fury won (at least 8, if not 9), he gets +1 point. Give two other rounds to Wilder, and it is still 114-112 for Fury.

pocco

loco
I guess there are people who only think 'he knocked down Fury twice' so he won. Failing to realize that every round is scored in isolation, and those two knock downs give him only +4 points (being scored 10-8). But then for every round Fury won (at least 8, if not 9), he gets +1 point. Give two other rounds to Wilder, and it is still 114-112 for Fury.
I'm going to watch the fight again at some point because 1) I can't believe anybody thought Wilder won and want to see what I've missed. And 2) I never realised one judge scored Wilder with the win.

SuperiorXI

Tyson won both bouts comfortably, knock downs don't equal a win (just go have a watch of Castillo vs Corrales) and that's one of the great things about boxing. Tyson wasn't even anywhere near his best in the first fight and had a fitness instructor as a trainer and still gave him a boxing lesson. The second one was an annihilation. The third could be worse for Wilder as he seems shook.

poleglass red

good interview with Tyson Fury and Michael Bisping on youtube. Fury just speaking normal, no nonsense, says he and Wilder are fine with each other, as they've both made loads of money of each other. He also said and take this with a pinch of salt, that Wilder didn't turn down down a step aside fee, he asked for one and wasn't given it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
good interview with Tyson Fury and Michael Bisping on youtube. Fury just speaking normal, no nonsense, says he and Wilder are fine with each other, as they've both made loads of money of each other. He also said and take this with a pinch of salt, that Wilder didn't turn down down a step aside fee, he asked for one and wasn't given it.
It's just up the page ;)

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Loma back in the game.
Dismantled Nakatani who had previously gone the distance with Lopes.
Teo's camp agreeing to rematch with Loma after his mandatory with Kambosis out of the way.