The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Deery

Dreary
Jake Paul just lost $1m to Eddie Hearn tonight which was enjoyable…

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I'm a little emotional this is amazing. I saw no hope after the 4th

She is now our greatest ever sports person
....im so damn proud. She grew up less than 5 miles from me

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Fantastic fight. Katie is a fecking legend.

To be out on her feet and so close to being stopped and then to come back like that, unreal.

LDUred

Katie was more accurate and Serrano threw more.

Judges far apart but may just boil down to two judges prefering cleaner work over coming forward. Personally, I felt Taylor edged it.

Well done to Katie. Just legendary, and an epic fight befitting of the stage. Two incredible fighters.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
A rematch at Croker would be deadly
It really would

But if they never got a mcgregor fight there I’m not sure it will happen, they say weather is the reason but there has been loads of outdoor boxing in England so I’m not sure why it’s stopped them over here at this stage.

Brophs

The One and Only
Woke up to a WhatsApp group in which the (presumably drunk) mate of a mate began by commenting that he hadn’t noticed before how hot Serrano was and then basically posting increasingly leery comments about her “e.g. I wouldn’t mind giving her a body shot”, several comments about low blows and “I’d love to check if her glove would fit me”.

So yeah. Katie abú.

lsd

The Oracle
Great fight I thought Katie just edged it and the best Serrano could do was draw at most.

Two huge rounds for Serrano but Katy showing too much heart for either to be a 10-8 which could have made the to difference.

Bar that was very close but Taylor just seemed the better boxer and did enough.

Unless she grows old overnight I don't see the rematch being sent different for Serrano. She didn't have the power to KO Taylor and Taylor is just a better boxer

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
It really would

But if they never got a mcgregor fight there I’m not sure it will happen, they say weather is the reason but there has been loads of outdoor boxing in England so I’m not sure why it’s stopped them over here at this stage.
Katie couldn’t fight in Ireland up to now because of MTK. Hopefully now there’ll be a way.

thebelfastboy

Gutted that I didn't stay up to watch this now, I love watching Katie fight.

Is there anywhere/link to rewatch the fight in full?

poleglass red

support for Taylor was amazing, the noise levels were so high in one round the ref didn't even hear the bell. Just goes to show you can be a clean living, non trash talking fighter who draws fans by their ability in the ring as opposed to what they do outside of it.

Name Changed

weso26
Personally I thought Serrano edged it or it was a draw, but fair play to Katie. She was almost stopped and came back and won. There is talk of them doing 3 minute rounds in a rematch. I think that would really favour Serrano, especially in the early rounds

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Kell Brook retires.

Decent boxer who had a good career finished on a high for him, destroying his nemesis.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Fondly remember the time Golovkin wrecked his skull.

LDUred

Bivol doing a pretty good job so far. Controlling the distance with the jab.

2 - 1 so far.

LDUred

Got Bivol up in this. Impressive performance. If it goes the full twelve the scorecards will be very interesting what with it being Cinco de Mayo and everything.

LDUred

Ok. Barring a twelfth round KO Canelo's run is coming to an end here. This has been a masterclass from Bivol.

LDUred

If the judges had given this to canelo it would’ve topped the ggg 1 farce
They've got the result right this time but I still can't work out 115-113.

He won maybe one round in the second half of the fight as then it became obvious he couldn't deal with Bivol's high guard and lateral movement. He was clearly frustrated by the end. He also got backed up a lot.

There's no way they should be running this back, but they will.

Kazi

I don’t think Canelo should take the rematch tbh but knowing his mentality, I think he will.

He’d probably have better luck vs Beterbiev given the styles match up but he’s super dangerous.

Deery

Dreary
Amazing what can happen when there’s no contaminated meat involved..

LDUred

I don’t think Canelo should take the rematch tbh but knowing his mentality, I think he will.

He’d probably have better luck vs Beterbiev given the styles match up but he’s super dangerous.
Yeah, despite Beterbiev being much more likely to knock him out, he's definitely got more chance of beating Beterbiev than Bivol style-wise. It's weird that he fought Bivol in the first place because his footwork was incredible, and that has been Canelo's weak spot.

It's a tough situation now for Alvarez because there are more interesting fights (for his fans) if he drops down, but he will obviously want to put things right at 175 having gotten his fingers badly burned.

Maybe he should go a bit more low key for his next fight and just work things out at 175.

Last edited:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Had my birthday meal last night and collapsed in a carbohydrate-induced coma. Missed the boxing and the UFC. Wake up and Canelo’s lost a decision. Im still not sure if I’ve actually woken up yet or whether this is another feverish dream

chris123

That was an absolute dismantling of Canelo. 115-113 is a ridiculous scorecard, really. You can make a case for Canelo winning either of the first two rounds, maybe one or two in the middle, but other than that Bivol basically dominated the fight.